Obama's strong pitch to women prompts...

Obama's strong pitch to women prompts Romney stumble

There are 308 comments on the Reuters story from Oct 17, 2012, titled Obama's strong pitch to women prompts Romney stumble. In it, Reuters reports that:

With polls suggesting women voters were shifting their support to Mitt Romney, President Barack Obama made an aggressive pitch to them on Tuesday that yielded awkward moments for the Republican and a favorite new catch phrase on social media.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

First Prev
of 16
Next Last

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#3 Oct 17, 2012
Obama Sept 12 Rose Garden…

“The United States condemns in the strongest terms this outrageous and shocking attack. We're working with the government of Libya to secure our diplomats. I've also directed my administration to increase our security at diplomatic posts around the world. And make no mistake, we will work with the Libyan government to bring to justice the killers who attacked our people.

Since our founding, the United States has been a nation that respects all faiths. We reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. But there is absolutely no justification to this type of senseless violence. None. The world must stand together to unequivocally reject these brutal acts.

As Americans, let us never, ever forget that our freedom is only sustained because there are people who are willing to fight for it, to stand up for it, and in some cases, lay down their lives for it. Our country is only as strong as the character of our people and the service of those both civilian and military who represent us around the globe.

No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done.”

A) The second sentence in the second paragraph is binding and b. h. obama uses it to point blame at a video. A video which he blamed and talked about for two weeks all while denying any terrorist attack.
Further note the last two words of the second paragraph where b. h. obama refers to the murderous reaction due to said denigrating religious beliefs as "brutal acts." Not Acts of Terror.

B) In the final paragraph b. h. obama clearly uses the No Acts of Terror line as a generality. The No Acts of Terror line is without question superseded by the second sentence in the second paragraph and the last two words in the second paragraph.

In other words b. h. obama is a weasel who never said Libya 9/11 was a terrorist attack in the Rose Garden or anywhere else for two weeks and instead chose to blame the murders of 4 Americans on a movie not once but many times.

Obviously b. h. obama lied, covered up and misled the American people about Libya 9/11 and Mitt Romney was correct.
Curtis Lowe

United States

#4 Oct 17, 2012
Obama promised to keep helping women who want to murder their children? What a guy. The same guy who pays women in the white house 50% less than men doing the same job.

Where the hell is Vera Baker?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#5 Oct 17, 2012
Curtis Lowe wrote:
Obama promised to keep helping women who want to murder their children? What a guy. The same guy who pays women in the white house 50% less than men doing the same job.
Where the hell is Vera Baker?
Romney's family are criminal polygamists. The Women in Binders is the Mormon Joy Book...the catalog of available young girls for old men like Romney to choose wives from.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#6 Oct 17, 2012
Romney = pure woman-hating filth.

"One of the night's most memorable moments came when Romney was asked how he would ensure pay equity for women. He answered by recalling how, as governor of Massachusetts, he had been concerned when all of the applicants for his cabinet were men.

"I went to a number of women's groups and said,'Can you help us find folks,' and they brought us whole binders full of women," Romney said.

Romney's somewhat awkward response lit up social media. The user name @RomneyBinders got its own Twitter account, and attracted more than 31,000 followers less than an hour after the debate ended. The hashtag #bindersfullofwomen was one of the 10 most common on the social media service.

Democrats said Romney's answer seemed to show he had few women in his inner circle, and the candidate did not directly address the pay equality issue." R

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#7 Oct 17, 2012
Romney = pure woman-hating filth.

Paul Some Girls Rape Easy Ryan does not believe that rape actually exists. He think that women lie about rape and that they ask for it.

Paul Some Girls Rape Easy Ryan is pure filth, just like Romney and his Joy Book of Women.

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#8 Oct 17, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
Romney = pure woman-hating filth.
Paul Some Girls Rape Easy Ryan does not believe that rape actually exists. He think that women lie about rape and that they ask for it.
Paul Some Girls Rape Easy Ryan is pure filth, just like Romney and his Joy Book of Women.
Attention youSUX!!! I'll show your punkazz a real perverted twit...look in a mirror you ignorant azzhole.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#9 Oct 17, 2012
Romney = Romini = Gypsy = Grifter = Conman. It is genetic and cultural for his long line of polygamist weirdos in Mexico. Lying comes easy to this piece of filth.

"On Tuesday night, at the town hall-style debate at Hofstra University, a fierce and passionate Obama put a dent in that presentation. He challenged Romney repeatedly: On Romney's tax plan (whatever it may be).

On Romney's crass effort to politicize the attack on US diplomats in Libya. On Romney's past investments in firms outsourcing in China. In one early exchange, Obama rolled Romney's opposition to the auto-bailout, his record at Bain Capital, and his proposed tax cuts for the wealthy into one answer—merging Romney's various liabilities into a single, integrated assault.

Four times Obama said to Romney, "That's not true." In one critical exchange, moderator Candy Crowley felt compelled to back up the president, when Obama challenged Romney's assertion that it took him a fortnight to declare the Benghazi attack an act of terrorism. The president had labeled it as such the day afterward.

That was a low moment for Romney. Obama forcefully took on Romney's charge that his administration had misled the nation about the Libya episode, declaring Romney's claim "offensive."

The glare Obama aimed at Romney was devastating. The Republican presidential candidate seemed rattled and proceeded to deliver his usual national security schtick—Obama is weak, he apologizes for America, and his foreign policy is unraveling—in a tentative manner.

In this back-and-forth, the only one concerning foreign policy, Obama came across as resolute. Romney at that moment seemed desperate." DC

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#10 Oct 17, 2012
Republicans think women "legitimately raped" can't get pregnant. What more incentive to vote Democrat does one need?
obamas WAR ON WOMEN

Philadelphia, PA

#11 Oct 17, 2012
no jobs, pay them less
Curtis Lowe

United States

#12 Oct 17, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney's family are criminal polygamists. The Women in Binders is the Mormon Joy Book...the catalog of available young girls for old men like Romney to choose wives from.
Shit. Obama's "father" had seven wives. Get a clue.
Curtis Lowe

United States

#13 Oct 17, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
Republicans think women "legitimately raped" can't get pregnant. What more incentive to vote Democrat does one need?
Well at least you'll never have to worry about it. Even after a case of beer you'd still look like 5 miles of bad road.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#15 Oct 17, 2012
Oh heck, Republiscums also think AND SAY IN PUBLIC things like this:

- Children should be executed for misbehaving.

- There should be no child labor laws so that children can be used and abused by corporations for profit. Why would the 99% need an education anyway?

- There is really no such thing as rape because, you know, women are always asking for it.

- Women never deserve equal pay for anything, ever.

- All women are more childish and stupid and less valuable than any 12 year old boy and should be ruled by said 12 year old boys. Sharia anyone?

- Millionaires and billionaires who do not work for a living should pay ZERO taxes. What?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#16 Oct 17, 2012
Curtis Lowe wrote:
<quoted text>
Shit. Obama's "father" had seven wives. Get a clue.
Romney gang assaulted and battered a school mate.

Romney deliberated walked a blind teacher into a door and laughed about it.

Romney repeatedly abused his dog and laughed about it.

Romney shoved his son's faces into plates of butter and giggled about it.

Romney has binders, Joy Books, of women.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#17 Oct 17, 2012
Romney is a perverted creep and he proved that tonight.

BINDERS of WOMEN?

The man is a PERVERT.
Curtis Lowe

United States

#18 Oct 17, 2012
Why ugly women should vote for Obama:

1. Michelle's ugly and she seems happy.
2. No other man would have you.
3. Food stamps to supplement your Hostess habit.
4. Make pretty women suffer for their looks.
5. Sarah Jessica Barker told you to.
6. He'll let you keep your cats.
7. Misery loves company.
8. He talks to himself too.
9. He can get you a date with Bill Clinton.
10. Ugly women are stupid.
Curtis Lowe

United States

#19 Oct 17, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney gang assaulted and battered a school mate.
Romney deliberated walked a blind teacher into a door and laughed about it.
Romney repeatedly abused his dog and laughed about it.
Romney shoved his son's faces into plates of butter and giggled about it.
Romney has binders, Joy Books, of women.
And I hear he hangs his toilet paper in the incorrect "under hand" method. The monster!!!!

I heard Obama had an affair with Vera Baker while Michelle was pregnant with Malia.
Curtis Lowe

United States

#20 Oct 17, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
Romney is a perverted creep and he proved that tonight.
BINDERS of WOMEN?
The man is a PERVERT.
And so are all the people who work for 3M that make those binders. Lock them all up before they chage post-its to pos-tits.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#21 Oct 17, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
Oh heck, Republiscums also think AND SAY IN PUBLIC things like this:
- Children should be executed for misbehaving.
- There should be no child labor laws so that children can be used and abused by corporations for profit. Why would the 99% need an education anyway?
- There is really no such thing as rape because, you know, women are always asking for it.
- Women never deserve equal pay for anything, ever.
- All women are more childish and stupid and less valuable than any 12 year old boy and should be ruled by said 12 year old boys. Sharia anyone?
- Millionaires and billionaires who do not work for a living should pay ZERO taxes. What?
S you have proof of any of these statements?
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#22 Oct 17, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney gang assaulted and battered a school mate.
Romney deliberated walked a blind teacher into a door and laughed about it.
Romney repeatedly abused his dog and laughed about it.
Romney shoved his son's faces into plates of butter and giggled about it.
Romney has binders, Joy Books, of women.
Just how desperate are you?
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#23 Oct 17, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
Romney is a perverted creep and he proved that tonight.
BINDERS of WOMEN?
The man is a PERVERT.
"BINDERS of WOMEN?"

Ya know like a notebook full of qualified candidates.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 49 min weaponX 315,310
News CA Judge Places Stiff Contempt Fine On Pro-Life... Jul 21 cpeter1313 1
News National anti-abortion group aims to shut down ... Jul 20 Jael2 1
News Feminist icon Gloria Steinem adored, reviled in... Jul 20 Pam 12
News Feature: A New Front in the War Over Reproducti... Jul 18 cpeter1313 1
News Abortion-rights activist found in contempt over... Jul 17 cpeter1313 1
News Oregon approves measure requiring insurers to c... Jul 15 Laredo 157
More from around the web