Woman dies in Ireland after being den...

Woman dies in Ireland after being denied an abortion

There are 326 comments on the CBC News story from Nov 14, 2012, titled Woman dies in Ireland after being denied an abortion. In it, CBC News reports that:

The debate over legalizing abortion in Ireland flared Wednesday after the government confirmed a miscarrying woman suffering from blood poisoning was refused a quick termination of her pregnancy and died in an Irish hospital.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Ocean56

AOL

#107 Nov 19, 2012
jason norris wrote:
correct. A womans place is in the home. Why? the women is the most important figure in the home, especially when children are involved. Believe it or not, women can have children, men cannot have children. I know this sounds strange to our yankee friends who can make everything , especially in make believe, but the woman should be in the house and the man out earning the money to keep the house and family.
Old fashioned, but it works.
YOU call it "old fashioned," I call it oppressive, and in some cases even abusive. Oh, and it works for YOU and for guys who are hopelessly STUCK IN THE PAST by about two centuries. However that kind of self-serving arrangement (again, for YOU) often doesn't work for girls and women who have little or no education and because they have little or no education, are forced to settle for the TRAP known as "occupation; housewife."

Thank goodness that guys who are as stuck in the past as you are don't make MY life choices for me. I feel sorry for any woman who truly believes she has NO other life but to be confined to the kitchen, the bedroom, and the nursery with a bunch of screaming babies.
jason norris

Wolverhampton, UK

#108 Nov 19, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU call it "old fashioned," I call it oppressive, and in some cases even abusive. Oh, and it works for YOU and for guys who are hopelessly STUCK IN THE PAST by about two centuries. However that kind of self-serving arrangement (again, for YOU) often doesn't work for girls and women who have little or no education and because they have little or no education, are forced to settle for the TRAP known as "occupation; housewife."
Thank goodness that guys who are as stuck in the past as you are don't make MY life choices for me. I feel sorry for any woman who truly believes she has NO other life but to be confined to the kitchen, the bedroom, and the nursery with a bunch of screaming babies.
you certainly typefy the want to be a male but am a female type now prevelant in the USA. You really are a total human waste of space. There should be baby farms for your type, bring out the maternal instinct again, that you have lost in eating too many hamburgers, salads full of chemicals, and chemical beers.
Do not be sorry for a female wanting to be a female. Really for yourself because you have no use on this earth as it stands.You are an advert for the retarded dyke syndrome.
FoolsGold

Lehigh Acres, FL

#109 Nov 19, 2012
Even those who favored the Treaty saw Ireland as a Theocracy of Catholic politicians and Catholic institutions. All poorhouses, workhouses, hospitals and orphanages were operated by the Catholic Church and were in no way answerable to any civil authority. Irish Law has always been Catholicism. Even in the Twenties with the Labor Must Wait attitude of Irish politics, the only challenge to the absolute supremacy of the Catholic church came from the Operators of Public Houses.

To this day it is a worse crime to import one box of contraceptives into Ireland than to import six kilos of heroin. Yet nominally Ireland insists its citizens are free. Irish law pays lip service to the life of the mother but in reality Irish law applicable to all citizens and to all travelers in Ireland is Catholicism cloaked in lies.

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#110 Nov 19, 2012
DrJackson wrote:
<quoted text>
you are so right,a woman having the right to murder her unborn baby in the womb is a true indicator of a civilized world
A woman having the entire say over her medical/physical well being is not only right it is civilized.

The womb belongs to the woman. Call it murder if you like. What do you call a miscarriage? Murder by god?

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#111 Nov 19, 2012
Dubbadub wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that some people who are pro-life may be spurred on by those notions. Although some liberal minded people are also pro-life for other reasons. I just don't agree with mass abortion. I don't agree with women having 3 or 4 abortions, I see that as selfish and irresponsible. That is the main thing I am in opposition to. I can understand in certain circumstances people getting an abortion. However I personally think that if abortion isn't fully legalised it leads to more responsible thinking among people with regards to contraception etc. This can only be a good thing for a range of reasons.
I agree that pregnancy is a medical condition that women have to go through. Thats all the more reason for both men and women to be very responsible about contraception. Of course no contraception is 100%, but if it is used responsibly it usually means there will be no pregnancy.
Thanks for telling me that. Good to hear you had a good relationship with your father. You seem like a nice person and I'm sorry if I came across in an offensive manner I was just having a bad day.
I am all for womens rights and human rights and I don't believe in discrimination against people. Yes I am worried about the changing ethnic demographics in Europe because I want native European ethnic groups to survive, but I don't think anyone else should be discriminated against. I suppose that is a different discussion for a different day.
I see women who have a number of elective abortions as desperate, not very educated and somewhat self destructive. I have only known two, and they were quite young and naive. I believe abortion should be fully legal. I have known women to have abortions for reasons that many may not have thought of. It would be a crime to have to go begging or caught up in bureaucracy in order to take care of yourself.

Unlike you I do not worry about ethnic demographics. I believe in the future the races will all be mixed and it was bound to happen. Though I don't think it will stop people from hating, they will find new reasons for their insecurities.

No harm done everybody has bad days. I have big shoulders when arguing/debating politics. I grew up on it, my father was VERY political and at one point he ran for office. Politics came to the dinner table each and every day! I have also been politically active, though I stopped short of running for office.....my Irish temper stopped me, the thought of prison did not appeal to me :)

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#112 Nov 19, 2012
jason norris wrote:
<quoted text>
referring to you of course. Take it you know what sex you are, or perhaps you are one of the new yanks, anything goes and to hell with morals. I would say only you are a lost soul, probably brought up correctly and now subject to a dose of penis envy. In Mexico you could, if you can afford it, get a strapadicktome operation. But then you will still be a lost soul.
Put on the apron,bake a blueberry and apple tart, make a man happy. Bare your feet if you wish, before you get into bed make sure that you are all sexed up. Enjoy.
Penis envy?

What have I to be envious of?

You harden, spew and shrivel up and that is your ENTIRE contribution in the reproductive process.
After the shrivel you fall asleep. Women can run circles around you in all areas of sex. Guess you will have to remain proud and happy you can pee standing up....cause thats all you got.

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#113 Nov 19, 2012
jason norris wrote:
<quoted text>
correct. A womans place is in the home. Why? the women is the most important figure in the home, especially when children are involved. Believe it or not, women can have children, men cannot have children. I know this sounds strange to our yankee friends who can make everything , especially in make believe, but the woman should be in the house and the man out earning the money to keep the house and family.
Old fashioned, but it works.
The funniest thing you ever will see is a woman driving a mechanically propelled vehicle. They have not got a clue.
You don't have any say over women. Women will do as they please. Women have far more capabilities than servitude. But then you have not awoken from your long slumber starting in the 1800's.

I think you are wrong, the funniest thing you will ever see is a man who believes he can and has a right to control women.
Look in the mirror and the laughter should begin.
jason norris

Wolverhampton, UK

#114 Nov 20, 2012
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have any say over women. Women will do as they please. Women have far more capabilities than servitude. But then you have not awoken from your long slumber starting in the 1800's.
I think you are wrong, the funniest thing you will ever see is a man who believes he can and has a right to control women.
Look in the mirror and the laughter should begin.
you chatter idle nonsense, probably gleaned from cartoons and feel good movies, while stuffing yourself with chemical greens and infected beef. You really are what you eat, one can tell by your rantings.
jason norris

Wolverhampton, UK

#115 Nov 20, 2012
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Penis envy?
What have I to be envious of?
You harden, spew and shrivel up and that is your ENTIRE contribution in the reproductive process.
After the shrivel you fall asleep. Women can run circles around you in all areas of sex. Guess you will have to remain proud and happy you can pee standing up....cause thats all you got.
at last you admit it, you have to sit down to pee. You are female after all. Well said.
jason norris

Wolverhampton, UK

#116 Nov 20, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's your rather 19th-century BELIEF, which isn't a fact. I decide for MYSELF what my "place" will be, and it certainly won't be confined to the home. Such an existence would be akin to living in prison, even though I never broke any laws. To put it bluntly, screw that.
If some women prefer marrying some guy who still has such backward beliefs about women, that's THEIR choice. It will never be mine. I'm very glad I live in a country which ISN'T dominated by one religion or another, and I have the right to decide for myself in all sexual and reproductive matters. That includes when or IF a woman wants to be a mother, and how many children SHE wants to have. Don't like it? Too bad, pal, it ISN'T up to you.
you come from a once decent country, it was up to about 40 years ago. Now it has lost its moral compass.The children are now being corrupted. Once that starts then that is the beginning of the end of your once great nation.The next thing it will be your human right to marry your pet dog. It is as bad over in GB as well, so not picking only on the USA.
Ocean56

AOL

#117 Nov 20, 2012
jason norris wrote:
unlucky for you, you mean. Broken families, loss of morals etc etc, but that is the great USA today. A ruderless ship with no guiding star. All really down to lack of good parental upbringing, with morals.
Now, away back to your Disneyland make believe dreams.
No, it's LUCKY for me that I live in a country that isn't dominated by one religion or another, and that women are FREE to make our own sexual and reproductive decisions. It means I can decide for MYSELF when or IF to be a mother, and how many children I wish to have, even if the number is just one or even none. No church cleric is going to make those choices FOR me, or force me to live by rules that treat women like brood mares for the church.

In the U.S., marriage and motherhood are CHOICES for women, and many women, for their own personal reasons, choose not to be wives OR mothers. Sorry you have such issues with women having that kind of personal FREEDOM, but thankfully, that's YOUR problem, not mine.
Ocean56

AOL

#118 Nov 20, 2012
jason norris wrote:
you certainly typefy the want to be a male but am a female type now prevelant in the USA. You really are a total human waste of space. There should be baby farms for your type, bring out the maternal instinct again, that you have lost in eating too many hamburgers, salads full of chemicals, and chemical beers.
Do not be sorry for a female wanting to be a female. Really for yourself because you have no use on this earth as it stands.You are an advert for the retarded dyke syndrome.
Awwwwwwww, poor you. Sorry, pal, but there are no "baby farms" that you can force women to live on, to be nothing more than mindless baby factories for the church or the state. Not in the United States, anyway.

Obviously you have real anger issues with women who are FREE to make our own choices. That's why you spew out such NONSENSE at any woman who may, for personal reasons, choose not to be a wife or a mother, but decide to do other things instead. She may be much happier dedicating her life to her career, which may be a doctor, lawyer, architect, fashion designer, or anything ELSE she chooses to be, and that is HER choice to make.

You can call women who make different choices "wastes of space" or "females wanting to be male" all you want, for all we care. In the United States, the days when men had total control over women by law are GONE, and thank goodness for that. Marriage and motherhood are CHOICES for women, not requirements, and we are FREE to reject both without penalty. I consider that a very good thing as well.

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#119 Nov 20, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's LUCKY for me that I live in a country that isn't dominated by one religion or another, and that women are FREE to make our own sexual and reproductive decisions. It means I can decide for MYSELF when or IF to be a mother, and how many children I wish to have, even if the number is just one or even none. No church cleric is going to make those choices FOR me, or force me to live by rules that treat women like brood mares for the church.
In the U.S., marriage and motherhood are CHOICES for women, and many women, for their own personal reasons, choose not to be wives OR mothers. Sorry you have such issues with women having that kind of personal FREEDOM, but thankfully, that's YOUR problem, not mine.
Ocean, show a little respect.

Jason has stunning credentials, he stands while peeing.

He is quite proud of this.
Ocean56

AOL

#120 Nov 20, 2012
jason norris wrote:
you come from a once decent country, it was up to about 40 years ago. Now it has lost its moral compass.The children are now being corrupted. Once that starts then that is the beginning of the end of your once great nation.The next thing it will be your human right to marry your pet dog. It is as bad over in GB as well, so not picking only on the USA.
As I said, pal, you can BELIEVE whatever nonsense you want. Since beliefs aren't facts, I am also free to reject all the insanity you just spewed out.
Ocean56

AOL

#121 Nov 20, 2012
Morgana 9 wrote:
lol Yeah, I guess he has THAT "credential," if nothing else. And it must be so hard for him, knowing women don't have to be mindless baby factories for the church or state.

But he's not going to get my sympathy or my respect just because he's a guy.

jason norris

Wolverhampton, UK

#122 Nov 20, 2012
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
the only thing going for you is that crack between your legs. Disregard that and you are nothing. The truth hurts, but you have to face it.
jason norris

Wolverhampton, UK

#123 Nov 20, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said, pal, you can BELIEVE whatever nonsense you want. Since beliefs aren't facts, I am also free to reject all the insanity you just spewed out.
of course you are free. That is why you are a raving lunatic. No-one or nothing can rein you in, but the comic side is good.
Ocean56

AOL

#124 Nov 20, 2012
jason norris wrote:
the only thing going for you is that crack between your legs. Disregard that and you are nothing. The truth hurts, but you have to face it.
Ah, how typical of backward-thinking guys whose "minds" are STUCK IN THE PAST by at least two centuries, if not even further. When you don't have any rational arguments to present, all you have left are lame insults. The fact remains that you have NO CONTROL over women, which really seems to make you angry. Too bad, pal.

The fact remains that any woman is FREE to make her own sexual and reproductive choices in the U.S. She can use contraception to PREVENT unwanted pregnancy, to the best of her ability, which some toxic religions and churches forbid but which is better than abortion. A woman can't abort a pregnancy that was never created in the first place. Personally, I'm very grateful for the availability of reliable contraception, which has kept me pregnancy-FREE for the last 15+ years. I so love NOT being pregnant.
Ocean56

AOL

#125 Nov 20, 2012
jason norris wrote:
of course you are free. That is why you are a raving lunatic. No-one or nothing can rein you in, but the comic side is good.

Actually, goofy, the one who repeatedly comes across as a raving lunatic is YOU. I do appreciate your giving us a few opportunities to have a good laugh at YOUR expense, however. Thanks!

Keep up the good work. The more women who REJECT toxic religious institutions like the catholic church and backward-thinking guys like you, the better.

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#126 Nov 20, 2012
jason norris wrote:
<quoted text>
And all you have is a tiny limp non-productive noodle that shoots blanks, so you don't have anything going for you at all.

Have you seen a doctor about your wrist yet?

OH...thats right you only need to use your thumb and index finger for a whack job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Oklahoma lawmakers OK bill criminalizing perfor... 1 hr serfs up 77
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 19 hr cpeter1313 311,215
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... Fri truth 55
News S.C. Gov. Haley signs bill outlawing most abort... Thu Retired SOF 15
News South Carolina Gov. Haley signs bill banning ab... Thu Hostis Publicus 2
News Indiana U. challenges part of new abortion rest... Thu Craig 10
News Activist: "Abortion Threatens Black America's F... (Sep '12) Thu Brian_G 5,997
More from around the web