Woman dies in Ireland after being den...

Woman dies in Ireland after being denied an abortion

There are 326 comments on the CBC News story from Nov 14, 2012, titled Woman dies in Ireland after being denied an abortion. In it, CBC News reports that:

The debate over legalizing abortion in Ireland flared Wednesday after the government confirmed a miscarrying woman suffering from blood poisoning was refused a quick termination of her pregnancy and died in an Irish hospital.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

First Prev
of 17
Next Last
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#335 Dec 13, 2012
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
So what's your effing problem with Ocean's comment, if you would not want to raise kids now???
I don't have a problem with her, I have a problem with her statements about the agony of child rearing. I just think she must be some kind of a special wimp with her complaints. Most women wouldn't see it as anything but a positive experience overall.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#336 Dec 13, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have a problem with her, I have a problem with her statements about the agony of child rearing. I just think she must be some kind of a special wimp with her complaints. Most women wouldn't see it as anything but a positive experience overall.
And they would be fooling themselves.

I'm sure motherhood, as does fatherhood, has its moments of great fulfillment. But, overall, I'm sure motherhood, as does fatherhood, is the proverbial "pain in the ass." That many take up to it like fish to water is one thing. But, that there are salt water fish and fresh water fish, both of which, with only one exception, cannot live in the others' "pond," is another.

I'm sure you can see the correlation in my analogy.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#337 Dec 13, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi CD! Great to see you, hope you and your family are enjoying the holidays. My guess, and I could be mistaken, Inky's problem with my comments is that she doesn't like my discussing the HARDSHIPS of motherhood at all, especially on public forums like this one.
Personally, I think she would prefer that girls/women remain in ignorance of these hardships, until AFTER they have had a baby, when it is too late for them to make the choice NOT to have kids. Too bad for her. I'm not going to cease talking about them just to make regressive anti-choice imbeciles like Inky (and sASSY, Knutter, TomTom, NoRelevance, etc.) happy.
It's all in the perspective. What you find as hardships, others find as a blessings. I thank God everyday for my kids and never found taking care of His children as a hardship.

You live your life in joy for what you have or you live your life in anger resenting what has happened to you.
Brown Girl in the Ring

UK

#338 Dec 13, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all in the perspective. What you find as hardships, others find as a blessings. I thank God everyday for my kids and never found taking care of His children as a hardship.
You live your life in joy for what you have or you live your life in anger resenting what has happened to you.
Totally agree its all about perspective. You made your choice and appear to have suceeded but if you chose to have a family today I think you'd find it so much harder. I dont understand people who have kids and then moan about them.
Ocean56

AOL

#339 Dec 14, 2012
Ink wrote:
It is precisely because I don't want to see women "living life in anger, resenting what has happened to them" that I make it a point to list the HARDSHIPS of motherhood that too many girls/women remain in ignorance of until after they have had a baby.

Keeping girls/women in ignorance of these hardships is a bad practice which I think needs to be corrected. Don't like my mentioning these hardships? Too bad. I'd rather see more happy, childfree women and far fewer angry, resentful mothers who bought into the nonsense that motherhood is some kind of "requirement" for women. Motherhood is still OPTIONAL, and a woman can reject it if she doesn't want the hardships and responsibilities it involves.
Ocean56

AOL

#340 Dec 14, 2012
Conservative Democrat wrote:
And they would be fooling themselves.
I'm sure motherhood, as does fatherhood, has its moments of great fulfillment. But, overall, I'm sure motherhood, as does fatherhood, is the proverbial "pain in the ass." That many take up to it like fish to water is one thing. But, that there are salt water fish and fresh water fish, both of which, with only one exception, cannot live in the others' "pond," is another.
I'm sure you can see the correlation in my analogy.
Exactly, CD. Motherhood, as well as fatherhood, CAN be a royal pain in the butt at times, and HONEST parents fully admit that such is the case.

It seems to me that regressive anti-choicers like Inky, Sassy and company don't want these very real hardships mentioned at all, because if more girls/young women who don't have kids now DID know more about these hardships, more girls/young women might choose to be childfree (which means no kids by CHOICE) instead. The childfree choice is anathema to religionist morons who stupidly believe that the ONLY valid and respectable occupation of women is reproduction. That's why so many of them label women who choose NOT to be mothers as "selfish," "self-absorbed," and other such nonsense. It's another form of guilt peddling at women who don't cave in to the PRESSURE to reproduce.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Effective Pills (Jun '14) 19 min marco 4
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 11 hr Blue November 311,629
News Democrats seek repeal of ban on federal funding... Sun cpeter1313 138
News I stand outside abortion clinics, but I'm no pr... Sun cpeter1313 19
News Activist: "Abortion Threatens Black America's F... (Sep '12) Aug 27 zef 6,011
News Anti-abortion group sues city, wants to move be... Aug 27 Susanm 4
News Planned Parenthood Trying to Rebrand Itself As ... Aug 27 cpeter1313 1
More from around the web