Florida Catholics called on to suppor...

Florida Catholics called on to support religious freedom, anti-abortion amendments

There are 277 comments on the The Florida Times-Union story from Oct 14, 2012, titled Florida Catholics called on to support religious freedom, anti-abortion amendments. In it, The Florida Times-Union reports that:

Pray and keep the faith but also spread the word, a panel from the Florida Conference of Catholic Bishops told about 300 people Saturday in Jacksonville regarding the importance of amending Florida's Constitution governing abortion and religious freedom.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Florida Times-Union.

Tondaleyo

Muscotah, KS

#42 Oct 17, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, have you ever BEEN in a real Amish business in Amish country? I have. Restaurants. Guess what they had? Electricity and phones.
Still, what you're talking about is not healthcare, which is a category unto itself.
Your rights are not being trampled. Not one Catholic will be forced to use BC pills.
Yes I have been in many Amish businesses,Old Order Amish businesses,where they do not use any electricity, they use karesene to bake , they us a battery charged calculater for a cash register, you have to go out of the town and into the countryside to find the REAL Amish stores. Then there are the Old Order, the Beachy Amish, the Swiss Mennonites etc. The latter uses electricity and cars. My grandma had several for neighbors in Iowa she called them Dunkards. The govt is after us to change our way of thinking,to go against what we hold dear in our hearts. The Baptists and other protestants see this and see it as a threat to them too,pretty soon they will come after you and what you believe. This isn't about birth control pills and who takes them,this is ab out our belief and how we practice. We will not pay for someone elses recreation and sinfullness What are they going to do next? Disrupt our mass and arrest us?
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#43 Oct 18, 2012
Tondaleyo wrote:
<quoted text>So are you going to make the Amish have phones and cars? YOU are trampling on our rights. There has to be a wider conscience clause, if not the govt is trampling on my right to worship and also violating the seperation of church and state.
Nobody can force an Amish person to have a phone or a car. An Amish employer cannot do anything to prevent an employee from using the wages and benefits paid to him/her to buy a telephone or car.

Nobody can force a Catholic to have an abortion or use contraceptives. A Catholic employer should not be able to interfere, in any way, with an employee’s right to use the wages and benefits paid to him/her to have an abortion or use contraceptives.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#44 Oct 18, 2012
Tondaleyo wrote:
<quoted text> Yes I have been in many Amish businesses,Old Order Amish businesses,where they do not use any electricity, they use karesene to bake , they us a battery charged calculater for a cash register, you have to go out of the town and into the countryside to find the REAL Amish stores. Then there are the Old Order, the Beachy Amish, the Swiss Mennonites etc. The latter uses electricity and cars. My grandma had several for neighbors in Iowa she called them Dunkards. The govt is after us to change our way of thinking,to go against what we hold dear in our hearts. The Baptists and other protestants see this and see it as a threat to them too,pretty soon they will come after you and what you believe. This isn't about birth control pills and who takes them,this is ab out our belief and how we practice. We will not pay for someone elses recreation and sinfullness What are they going to do next? Disrupt our mass and arrest us?
No one is forcing Catholics to use BC pills. No one is infringing on your right to practice your own religion. Catholic employers are just not being allowed to impose those religious beliefs on their employees by way of their healthcare coverage. It's that simple.
Tondaleyo

Muscotah, KS

#45 Oct 18, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is forcing Catholics to use BC pills. No one is infringing on your right to practice your own religion. Catholic employers are just not being allowed to impose those religious beliefs on their employees by way of their healthcare coverage. It's that simple.
Its not about who uses the birth control pills, its about being able to practice and believe in what your religion teaches.
Tondaleyo

Muscotah, KS

#46 Oct 18, 2012
Tondaleyo

Muscotah, KS

#47 Oct 18, 2012

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#48 Oct 18, 2012
Tondaleyo wrote:
<quoted text> Its not about who uses the birth control pills, its about being able to practice and believe in what your religion teaches.
Your religion teaches not to use artificial birth control. No one is forcing you to do so.

What use another makes of their prescription coverage is not for you to decide.
Tondaleyo

Muscotah, KS

#49 Oct 18, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Your religion teaches not to use artificial birth control. No one is forcing you to do so.
What use another makes of their prescription coverage is not for you to decide.
You can't comprehend what the whole situation is. Watch the video I posted. Have someone explain it to you.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#50 Oct 18, 2012
Tondaleyo wrote:
<quoted text>You can't comprehend what the whole situation is. Watch the video I posted. Have someone explain it to you.
I understand it just fine. That's because I don't just look at propaganda sources that tell me what I want to hear, but am able to think for myself instead of being spoonfed info like a baby not able to chew her food.
Tondaleyo

Muscotah, KS

#51 Oct 18, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand it just fine. That's because I don't just look at propaganda sources that tell me what I want to hear, but am able to think for myself instead of being spoonfed info like a baby not able to chew her food.
Wrong again , do you have to deflate your head every time you leave a room?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#52 Oct 18, 2012
Tondaleyo wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong again , do you have to deflate your head every time you leave a room?
You're projecting.
Tondaleyo

Muscotah, KS

#53 Oct 18, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You're projecting.
Did you have someone explain what Religious Freedom is?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#54 Oct 18, 2012
Cars and phones aren't legal requirements; paying taxes IS. You can worship any way you want; you are still bound by the laws of this country. The government isn't violating anything; employers are still culpable for all laws pertaining to employment. Churches even get an exception; it's the non-church facilities that don't qualify.
Tondaleyo wrote:
<quoted text>So are you going to make the Amish have phones and cars? YOU are trampling on our rights. There has to be a wider conscience clause, if not the govt is trampling on my right to worship and also violating the seperation of church and state.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#55 Oct 18, 2012
Tondaleyo wrote:
And yet you're here every day trying to trample on other women's rights. Hypocrite.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#56 Oct 18, 2012
Clearly, you need to have a lawyer (a good one, not a product of one of those christian paper mills) explain what religious freedom is.
Tondaleyo wrote:
<quoted text>Did you have someone explain what Religious Freedom is?
Tondaleyo

Muscotah, KS

#57 Oct 18, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Cars and phones aren't legal requirements; paying taxes IS. You can worship any way you want; you are still bound by the laws of this country. The government isn't violating anything; employers are still culpable for all laws pertaining to employment. Churches even get an exception; it's the non-church facilities that don't qualify.
<quoted text>
So the Church has been lying about Catholic charities and schools? LOL. You are wrong,go view the video I posted.
Tondaleyo

Muscotah, KS

#58 Oct 18, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you're here every day trying to trample on other women's rights. Hypocrite.
Is this what youlooklike fromthe front side? http://www.nightmarefactory.com/ProductImages... Are you sure your not Petey's off spring?

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#59 Oct 18, 2012
Tondaleyo wrote:
<quoted text>Is this what youlooklike fromthe front side? http://www.nightmarefactory.com/ProductImages... Are you sure your not Petey's off spring?
Obviously you could not argue against my point. Hypocrite. Let me recap it for you...

Knut.."Boo hoo our religious freedom is getting trampled! We have a right to our freedom boo hoo hoo!!!"

LNM..."Yet you're on here every day trying to trample on other women's freedom".

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#60 Oct 19, 2012
Tondaleyo wrote:
<quoted text>Did you have someone explain what Religious Freedom is?
No need, I already know. What it DOESN'T mean is being able to, as an employer, imposing your religion on others by way of a prescription plan you are paying into. Not one Catholic will be forced to take BC pills. Not one.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#61 Oct 19, 2012
Tondaleyo wrote:
<quoted text>Is this what youlooklike fromthe front side? http://www.nightmarefactory.com/ProductImages... Are you sure your not Petey's off spring?
How typical of you, attack when you can't refute.

You're one shallow bitch, who will always be ugly inside, no matter how she looks on the outside.

The phrase "beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes to the bone" could have been written for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr DAVID27 310,658
News Right to Life remembering lives lost to abortion (Jan '13) Tue Beyond Belief 691
News Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays (Oct '07) Feb 8 lides 219,863
Miss Jenny Abortion Procedure (Apr '14) Feb 7 Ana 54
News Bush vows to back GOP nominee, slams Rubio on a... Feb 6 No Way 1
News Here is the latest Texas news from The Associat... Feb 6 Left farts 11
News Anti-abortion activist indicted in Texas turns ... Feb 5 Activist farts 9
9 reasons abortion MUST remain legal. (Sep '07) Feb 4 Brian_G 1,443
More from around the web