Florida Catholics called on to suppor...

Florida Catholics called on to support religious freedom, anti-abortion amendments

There are 277 comments on the The Florida Times-Union story from Oct 14, 2012, titled Florida Catholics called on to support religious freedom, anti-abortion amendments. In it, The Florida Times-Union reports that:

Pray and keep the faith but also spread the word, a panel from the Florida Conference of Catholic Bishops told about 300 people Saturday in Jacksonville regarding the importance of amending Florida's Constitution governing abortion and religious freedom.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Florida Times-Union.

I AM Tondaleyo

United States

#246 Oct 30, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You're ignoring the point. You can't claim the numbers for your religion that you do, and then claim many of the aren't "real Catholics".
What do you want? You want me to say most Catholics use birth control? Many have, many have wished they never have and repented and gone back to church. Our Church will never sway and allow birth control and abortion. Just because some do use birth control, doesn't make it right, its a mortal sin and always will be. And if the woman wants to go against her church, she has to answer to Christ. Many priests are not giving Communion out now to known politicians who uphold abortion rights. Sebelious is excommunicated Pelosi I am sure of and Biden will be. Women who use birth control are not practicing Catholics ,never will be either.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#247 Oct 30, 2012
"This reminds me of the late Cardinal Bernadin's "Consistent Ethic of Life" ideology: he insisted that Catholics can't be "pro-life" if they simply oppose abortion; they have to be against the death penalty, euthanasia, militarism, social and economic injustice, etc.

While I disagree with Bernadin regarding abortion, I applaud his recognition that you can't just cherry pick an issue like abortion and be hypocritical and indifferent when it comes to cherishing life in other contexts.

He fought hard against such hypocrisy, which runs rampant among the so-called "pro life" crowd. Justice Scalia's views are a perfect case in point." KM

Fanatics are everywhere and they are always stupid.
Jaime Cortez

Midlothian, TX

#248 Oct 30, 2012
Tondaleyo wrote:
<quoted text>The govt is forcing us to pay for it, if we don't we are fined or jailed.
I have no children but am forced to pay school taxes! I support your church through it's tax exemptions. We all pay for stuff we don't need or approve of....

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#249 Oct 30, 2012
I AM Tondaleyo wrote:
<quoted text>What do you want? You want me to say most Catholics use birth control? Many have, many have wished they never have and repented and gone back to church. Our Church will never sway and allow birth control and abortion. Just because some do use birth control, doesn't make it right, its a mortal sin and always will be. And if the woman wants to go against her church, she has to answer to Christ. Many priests are not giving Communion out now to known politicians who uphold abortion rights. Sebelious is excommunicated Pelosi I am sure of and Biden will be. Women who use birth control are not practicing Catholics ,never will be either.
Are you genuinely this crazy or is this just an act for Halloween.
Cujo

Leask, Canada

#250 Oct 31, 2012
I AM Tondaleyo wrote:
<quoted text>You live in Canada,not the U.S. Yesthe govtwill stompon our rights,we will be forced to pay for birth control etc,this goes against our right to practice our faith. Many Catholics are not pro choice.
Who cares where I am from. If you are wrong, you're wrong! Sorry for being a non citizen and knowing more about your constitutional rights than you.
Cujo

Leask, Canada

#251 Oct 31, 2012
I AM Tondaleyo wrote:
<quoted text>You live in Canada,not the U.S. Yesthe govtwill stompon our rights,we will be forced to pay for birth control etc,this goes against our right to practice our faith. Many Catholics are not pro choice.
If 98% of sexually active Catholic women use birth control, what's the problem, Bub. And your Church doesn't have to force birth control on anyone. If they are an operate of a publicly funded company, like Catholic hospitals, they cannot refuse their employees the same health care they could get at a non-religious institution, as they receive funding from Gov't. Pretty simple really. But then again, you don't understand your constitutional rights and likely blame the gays.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#252 Oct 31, 2012
Guess what? If you are paying an insurance premium, you are already paying for non-elective abortions and for contraception.

You're just rendering unto caesar, twit.
I AM Tondaleyo wrote:

Indianapolis

#253 Oct 31, 2012
If they are baptized and have not been excommunicated, they are still counted as catholic. This draconian view of the church is going to cause the same schism the episcopalian church is undergoing, and you hard-liners are going to be in the minority.
I AM Tondaleyo wrote:
<quoted text>You are wrong... again, these women are not practicing Catholicism as they should, and they know it. They have the knowledge that its a mortal sin and the Church has never changed Her rules towards birth control and abortion.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#254 Oct 31, 2012
I AM Tondaleyo wrote:
<quoted text>What do you want? You want me to say most Catholics use birth control? Many have, many have wished they never have and repented and gone back to church. Our Church will never sway and allow birth control and abortion. Just because some do use birth control, doesn't make it right, its a mortal sin and always will be. And if the woman wants to go against her church, she has to answer to Christ. Many priests are not giving Communion out now to known politicians who uphold abortion rights. Sebelious is excommunicated Pelosi I am sure of and Biden will be. Women who use birth control are not practicing Catholics ,never will be either.
Birth controls is a "mortal sin"? When did God ever say that? Just more RCC bullshit.

Location hidden

#255 Oct 31, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you genuinely this crazy or is this just an act for Halloween.
It's her norm.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#256 Nov 1, 2012
I AM Tondaleyo wrote:
Question: I can understand abortion being sinful, as it kills a life already started, by why is birth control sinful? As in the case of condoms, they merely prevent the sperm from meeting the egg; nothing is killed. Is everyone expected to have 8 or 9 children, possibly more? Don't you think God expects us to procreate responsibly?
Robin

United States

#257 Nov 1, 2012
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Question: I can understand abortion being sinful, as it kills a life already started, by why is birth control sinful? As in the case of condoms, they merely prevent the sperm from meeting the egg; nothing is killed. Is everyone expected to have 8 or 9 children, possibly more? Don't you think God expects us to procreate responsibly?
Birth control is sinful because its artificial,not natural and leads to premarital sex or having one stray from their marriage vows. God never gives us more than we can handle.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#258 Nov 1, 2012
Robin wrote:
<quoted text>Birth control is sinful because its artificial,not natural and leads to premarital sex or having one stray from their marriage vows. God never gives us more than we can handle.
This is such bullshit, knut.

Indianapolis

#259 Nov 1, 2012
Artificial? So are most other forms of medication. So are bandages.

Saying bc leads to premarital sex or adultery is like saying owning a car leads to vehicular manslaughter.

I'm glad to see that suicide doesn't exist in your pocket dimension.
Robin wrote:
<quoted text>Birth control is sinful because its artificial,not natural and leads to premarital sex or having one stray from their marriage vows. God never gives us more than we can handle.

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#260 Nov 1, 2012
Robin wrote:
Robin, thanks for your answer, but I don't agree that God never gives us more than we can handle...that's what a "nervous breakdown" is. And many formerly devout Catholics indulge in pre-marital sex, birth control or no birth control.
Cujo

Leask, Canada

#261 Nov 2, 2012
Robin wrote:
Stay out of others people's lives, and take your god damn god with you!

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#262 Nov 2, 2012
Robin wrote:
Many, many things are artificial - including insulin, any meds, hearts, hip replacements. Do THEY lead to premarital sex? Most everyone engages in pre-marital sex - even Catholics - and you know it.
I AM Tondaleyo

United States

#263 Nov 2, 2012
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Many, many things are artificial - including insulin, any meds, hearts, hip replacements. Do THEY lead to premarital sex? Most everyone engages in pre-marital sex - even Catholics - and you know it.
Read bible,take a bible class, you will find out.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#264 Nov 2, 2012
I AM Tondaleyo wrote:
<quoted text>Read bible,take a bible class, you will find out.
The bible has nothing to do with it.

“"Beau-Se'ant”

Since: Jan 09

Manchester

#265 Nov 2, 2012
Obamacare: pays for abortions, but reduces benefits and increases premiums for Medicare Advantage for seniors:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr zach 311,329
News S.C. Gov. Haley signs bill outlawing most abort... 4 hr cpeter1313 152
News Skagit County judge: Public hospitals must prov... Sat GEF 1
Miss Jenny Abortion Procedure (Apr '14) Fri kemi 58
News Meet the retired nurse who pays women not to ha... Jun 24 cpeter1313 1
News Abortion rights advocates: Illuminate meant to ... (Aug '13) Jun 21 xoxo80 49
News Ohio ACLU concerned over buffer zone around abo... Jun 16 cpeter1313 1
More from around the web