Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310346 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

PriestessSue

Emmaus, PA

#110904 Oct 23, 2010
C Hamilton wrote:
<quoted text>I think it's best to ignore the stalkers. They get their kicks thinking they've gotten to you. Don't give them the satisifaction. JMO
Good advice Cham.

“Telling it like it is”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#110905 Oct 23, 2010
kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
Aww poor little PLM extremists all tore up.
Not all torn up, but hey, you want civility, the door has to swing both directions, yours included. It is not a one-sided deal. But hey, you want incivility....
kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you did not deny that those on the prochice side have the law, Constitution and the facts.. Which leaves you poor fools with what?
And like one of your ideological compatriots, you're disappointed that you were not born a woman. Male feminists are so....creepy.
kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
oh that is right, emotional bull, lies, and distortions.
But when your side resorts to such methods- and I'm denying bnor conforming anything-it's perfectly legit?
kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion has been a part of the human experience as long as there has been an understanding of plants and what certain plants can do.
So now you're a botanist?

“Telling it like it is”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#110906 Oct 23, 2010
PriestessSue wrote:
<quoted text>
Good advice Cham.
Personally, I enjoy giving it back to them in spades.
Sparky

Southington, CT

#110907 Oct 23, 2010
CandyStriper wrote:
And SPARKY....you are Sparky McSpark and your lame "I don't know how to register" is pure bullshit.

I am not McSpark. The one (me) you have hated long-term is presently listed from Bristol.

Because you made a big deal about me registering, it took me about 4 minutes last night to find the registration page after I noticed the teeny tiny little blue letters tucked way at the top of the page that say "Sign Up."

I was turned off by the email and birthday boxes. What really made me laugh at loud was the number one reason to create a Topix account..."so that you better connect with your community."

Why the hell would I want to connect better with any of you? No phukin way. I will remain unregistered.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#110908 Oct 23, 2010
NaughtyNana wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Pups !! Let me ask you a question. Do you think that an embryo is a baby?
Good question Nana, and, if you've no objection, I'd like to expand on that a bit...
To Pups, Candy, and Sue, do you see a zygote/embryo/fetus as a baby, and should it be afforded the full-legal protections that a born baby is?
If so, should those rights "trump" those of the mother who's gestating it?
And, finally, should the "father" of the said z/e/f, be able to have rights that would trump the rights of the mother should she choose to have an abortion, whether or not the pregnancy is the result of a one-night-stand, or a rape?
I realize I'm kind of putting you all on-the-spot and I apologize for that.
Nana, I also owe you an apology for hijacking your post, but this is something that's bothered me for awhile, and I'd like to see how the more reasonable members of the opposition feel about this.

“Mind your own business”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#110909 Oct 23, 2010
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Good question Nana, and, if you've no objection, I'd like to expand on that a bit...
To Pups, Candy, and Sue, do you see a zygote/embryo/fetus as a baby, and should it be afforded the full-legal protections that a born baby is?
And, finally, should the "father" of the said z/e/f, be able to have rights that would trump the rights of the mother should she choose to have an abortion, whether or not the pregnancy is the result of a one-night-stand, or a rape?
Nana, I also owe you an apology for hijacking your post, but this is something that's bothered me for awhile, and I'd like to see how the more reasonable members of the opposition feel about this.
Ahhh, my friend. No need at all to apologize.

“Text OR drive...can't do both!”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#110910 Oct 23, 2010
PriestessSue wrote:
<quoted text>
Here was my original post:
"I don't quite understand this...on one hand you want the government out of you reproductive lives, but on the other hand you want the government to give out free BC and if that fails, you want them to provide your abortion."
I was using "you" as in the pro"choicers" not necessarily you in particular.
"I really wish you would just read the words and stop trying to twist them into something they're not."
I'm not, that's a pro"choice" (generic) tactic.
"Saying "I never said I want the government to provide abortions" does not mean I'm against government funding of abortions."
Well, which is it? Do you want the government to be involved in your reproductive decisions or not?
I know what your original post was. I responded to it, right?

If "you" meant all pro-choicers, say so.
We don't twist people's words; you guys do.
There is no "which is it." There's a lot more to that than do we pass out free BC and do I want the govt to fund abortion. There are ways I think they should be involved, and ways I think they shouldn't.
PriestessSue

Emmaus, PA

#110911 Oct 23, 2010
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to post this quickly because I need to leave for work.

"do you see a zygote/embryo/fetus as a baby, and should it be afforded the full-legal protections that a born baby is?"

yes

"If so, should those rights "trump" those of the mother who's gestating it?"

yes, unless it threatens her life.

"And, finally, should the "father" of the said z/e/f, be able to have rights that would trump the rights of the mother should she choose to have an abortion"

the father shouldn't have the right, the unborn should

"whether or not the pregnancy is the result of a one-night-stand, or a rape?"

Neither of these takes away the value of the life that has been conceived. In the case of rape, does killing the unborn take away any of the horror of the rape?

Thanks for considering me one of the "more reasonable" members of the opposition.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#110912 Oct 23, 2010
NaughtyNana wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhh, my friend. No need at all to apologize.
Thank you!
:)
Time for me to call it a night...!
Best!

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#110913 Oct 23, 2010
skeptik1982 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all torn up, but hey, you want civility, the door has to swing both directions, yours included. It is not a one-sided deal. But hey, you want incivility....
<quoted text>
And like one of your ideological compatriots, you're disappointed that you were not born a woman. Male feminists are so....creepy.
<quoted text>
But when your side resorts to such methods- and I'm denying bnor conforming anything-it's perfectly legit?
<quoted text>
So now you're a botanist?
I am not a feminists by any stretch of the imagination.. hilarious you ASSume that about me..

Again for the stupid one.. when you are willing to use lie distortions and emotional bullshyt as fats you lose the argument..

oh wait you little dolts lost 37 years ago.. And conti ue to lose...
Aww did that hurt your little extremist hearts.. Tough..

Grow the f*ch up..

Abortions are going to happen.. Advocating stripping the rights from women because you do not like one of the choices is stupidity and shows just how selfish you extremists truly are here..

Again the Law, Constitution, and the facts are on this side..

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

#110914 Oct 23, 2010
OLD LADY wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Lu..
The legal definition of person is "a human being",shouldn't the argument be made the that unborns are something other than human beings? What degree of potential that must be achieved in order to be a person? I just cannot grasp,the thinking that non persons change into persons,maybe its my age...:)
Do acorns become trees?

“You cannot cheat Natural Law”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#110915 Oct 24, 2010
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Do acorns become trees?
Since you claim to be so "EDUCATED", you should know that if conception occurs, the resulting human zygote, will develop and grow in a continuous, uninterrupted fashion.
Seeds on the other hand, dear, already contain a "miniature" plant or embryonic plant inside. This "miniature" plant will grow into a seedling when and if the seed is transported to a favorable location where the environmental conditions will support its growth and development into a mature plant.

Poor Lalalucifer, so desperate to justify the murder of developing human beings!

“Never look back unless”

Since: Sep 09

you're in a rough neighborhood

#110916 Oct 24, 2010
Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>
<snipped>
I like it when you gals (yourself and Aged) use the term "stalking." Aged is playing with Sassy's mind while you changed your avatar a few weeks back to include some comments in the heading about Foo.
Sparky, following someone about with the clear intent of making life miserable for that poster is my definition of stalking within this context. I don't believe you are all the Sparky posters, so my original post was addressed to the one that I think is getting carried away.

In order for me to play with Sassy's mind - she would have to have a mind. j/k Sassy is a p-i-a, but I for some odd reason I rather like her. She gets what she gives and if I only exchanged posts with people that agree with my pov, I might just as well post and answer myself.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#110917 Oct 24, 2010
Most Are Walking Dead wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you ...!
That didn't answer the question, Psycho Clown.

Try again.

Are acorns trees?

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#110918 Oct 24, 2010
Most Are Walking Dead wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you claim...!
Actually, my question was "Do acorns become trees?"

I know it's a more complicated one, but if you read it out loud, and really, really slowly (or have the orderly read it for you) you MIGHT be able to process it.

Good luck!

“Never look back unless”

Since: Sep 09

you're in a rough neighborhood

#110919 Oct 24, 2010
Aged wrote:
<quoted text>
Sparky, following someone about with the clear intent of making life miserable for that poster is my definition of stalking within this context. I don't believe you are all the Sparky posters, so my original post was addressed to the one that I think is getting carried away.
In order for me to play with Sassy's mind - she would have to have a mind. j/k Sassy is a p-i-a, but I for some odd reason I rather like her. She gets what she gives and if I only exchanged posts with people that agree with my pov, I might just as well post and answer myself.
Self, I agree with this post 100%.

“OUCH”

Since: Mar 07

Russell Springs, KY

#110921 Oct 24, 2010
ardmore wrote:
<quoted text>
your debating the choices of the supreme court some 30 years ago. what are you trying to acheive with your posting? why not go and make an offer to adopt a child with an un-wed mother. ever give a person a choice?
So because something has happened 30 years ago,we should forget it? Got-cha
I have took in children in my house,have you? I have one living with me now. Why does it matter to you? A choice to do what?

“You cannot cheat Natural Law”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#110922 Oct 24, 2010
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
That didn't answer the question, Psycho Clown.
Try again.
Are acorns trees?
The question was indirectly answered, dearie. It may take you all morning, though, to identify the answer, I know.
Hint: think of stages of development. The organism undergoing the development is the same organism at the beginning and at the end of the process. However, this organism will undergo changes or modifications that are proper to each developmental stage.
Sparky

Southington, CT

#110923 Oct 24, 2010
Aged wrote:
<quoted text>

Then I think I may be guilty by association, but CandyStriper's skin isn't so thin that I'm making her life miserable. And her dog isn't suffering either.

Anything I've posted has come through lately with Bristol listed as the city address. But that is subject to change as the roulette wheel of Topix chooses another.

If SassyJM happens to read your post, at least she'll now know for sure that you like her.
Sparky

Southington, CT

#110924 Oct 24, 2010
Aged wrote:
<quoted text>
Self, I agree with this post 100%.

Only the old and wise talk to themselves.

As a side note...what's the title of the thread that a Sparky comment was left for you regarding a trailer park application?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Judge: Anti-abortion group can't release video 3 hr Food for Thought 2
News Planned Parenthood seeks fed study of fetal tis... 4 hr Food for Thought 104
News Republican-led House panel seeks interview with... 7 hr cpeter1313 55
News Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays (Oct '07) 9 hr Ink 220,260
News Huckabee earned nearly $4M from speeches, publi... 9 hr Synque 7
News Slaying the Abortion Giant 9 hr truthverdad 2
News Indiana clears Planned Parenthood of wrongdoing... 12 hr serfs up 40
More from around the web