Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311629 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#110913 Oct 23, 2010
skeptik1982 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all torn up, but hey, you want civility, the door has to swing both directions, yours included. It is not a one-sided deal. But hey, you want incivility....
<quoted text>
And like one of your ideological compatriots, you're disappointed that you were not born a woman. Male feminists are so....creepy.
<quoted text>
But when your side resorts to such methods- and I'm denying bnor conforming anything-it's perfectly legit?
<quoted text>
So now you're a botanist?
I am not a feminists by any stretch of the imagination.. hilarious you ASSume that about me..

Again for the stupid one.. when you are willing to use lie distortions and emotional bullshyt as fats you lose the argument..

oh wait you little dolts lost 37 years ago.. And conti ue to lose...
Aww did that hurt your little extremist hearts.. Tough..

Grow the f*ch up..

Abortions are going to happen.. Advocating stripping the rights from women because you do not like one of the choices is stupidity and shows just how selfish you extremists truly are here..

Again the Law, Constitution, and the facts are on this side..

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

#110914 Oct 23, 2010
OLD LADY wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Lu..
The legal definition of person is "a human being",shouldn't the argument be made the that unborns are something other than human beings? What degree of potential that must be achieved in order to be a person? I just cannot grasp,the thinking that non persons change into persons,maybe its my age...:)
Do acorns become trees?

“You cannot cheat Natural Law”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#110915 Oct 24, 2010
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Do acorns become trees?
Since you claim to be so "EDUCATED", you should know that if conception occurs, the resulting human zygote, will develop and grow in a continuous, uninterrupted fashion.
Seeds on the other hand, dear, already contain a "miniature" plant or embryonic plant inside. This "miniature" plant will grow into a seedling when and if the seed is transported to a favorable location where the environmental conditions will support its growth and development into a mature plant.

Poor Lalalucifer, so desperate to justify the murder of developing human beings!

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#110916 Oct 24, 2010
Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>
<snipped>
I like it when you gals (yourself and Aged) use the term "stalking." Aged is playing with Sassy's mind while you changed your avatar a few weeks back to include some comments in the heading about Foo.
Sparky, following someone about with the clear intent of making life miserable for that poster is my definition of stalking within this context. I don't believe you are all the Sparky posters, so my original post was addressed to the one that I think is getting carried away.

In order for me to play with Sassy's mind - she would have to have a mind. j/k Sassy is a p-i-a, but I for some odd reason I rather like her. She gets what she gives and if I only exchanged posts with people that agree with my pov, I might just as well post and answer myself.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#110917 Oct 24, 2010
Most Are Walking Dead wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you ...!
That didn't answer the question, Psycho Clown.

Try again.

Are acorns trees?

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#110918 Oct 24, 2010
<quoted text>
Since you claim...!
Actually, my question was "Do acorns become trees?"

I know it's a more complicated one, but if you read it out loud, and really, really slowly (or have the orderly read it for you) you MIGHT be able to process it.

Good luck!

Location hidden

#110919 Oct 24, 2010
Aged wrote:
<quoted text>
Sparky, following someone about with the clear intent of making life miserable for that poster is my definition of stalking within this context. I don't believe you are all the Sparky posters, so my original post was addressed to the one that I think is getting carried away.
In order for me to play with Sassy's mind - she would have to have a mind. j/k Sassy is a p-i-a, but I for some odd reason I rather like her. She gets what she gives and if I only exchanged posts with people that agree with my pov, I might just as well post and answer myself.
Self, I agree with this post 100%.

“OUCH”

Since: Mar 07

Russell Springs, KY

#110921 Oct 24, 2010
ardmore wrote:
<quoted text>
your debating the choices of the supreme court some 30 years ago. what are you trying to acheive with your posting? why not go and make an offer to adopt a child with an un-wed mother. ever give a person a choice?
So because something has happened 30 years ago,we should forget it? Got-cha
I have took in children in my house,have you? I have one living with me now. Why does it matter to you? A choice to do what?

“You cannot cheat Natural Law”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#110922 Oct 24, 2010
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
That didn't answer the question, Psycho Clown.
Try again.
Are acorns trees?
The question was indirectly answered, dearie. It may take you all morning, though, to identify the answer, I know.
Hint: think of stages of development. The organism undergoing the development is the same organism at the beginning and at the end of the process. However, this organism will undergo changes or modifications that are proper to each developmental stage.
Sparky

New Haven, CT

#110923 Oct 24, 2010
Aged wrote:
<quoted text>

Then I think I may be guilty by association, but CandyStriper's skin isn't so thin that I'm making her life miserable. And her dog isn't suffering either.

Anything I've posted has come through lately with Bristol listed as the city address. But that is subject to change as the roulette wheel of Topix chooses another.

If SassyJM happens to read your post, at least she'll now know for sure that you like her.
Sparky

New Haven, CT

#110924 Oct 24, 2010
Aged wrote:
<quoted text>
Self, I agree with this post 100%.

Only the old and wise talk to themselves.

As a side note...what's the title of the thread that a Sparky comment was left for you regarding a trailer park application?
OBAMA

Elm City, NC

#110925 Oct 24, 2010
Obama Refused to Protect Babies Born Alive During an Attempted Abortion
August 15, 2008
tags: abortion, policies, Politicsby Steve Dennis
.This is a story that I have written about once before an you can read my previous post here. When in the Illinois senate President Obama refused to vote to save the lives of living, breathing babies who survived an attempted abortion. Under the Illinois law these babies were left on the operating table to die while no medical attention was given to them. The babies were then just thrown away like trash. This, simply stated, just isn’t humane. It is barbaric.
This makes me so angry:
The tiny newborn baby made very little noise as he struggled to breathe. He lacked the strength to cry. He had been born four months premature.
“At that age,” says nurse Jill Stanek,“their lungs haven’t matured.”
Stanek is the nurse who found herself cradling this baby in her hands for all of his 45-minute lifetime. He was close to ten inches long and weighed perhaps half a pound. It’s just a guess — no one had weighed or measured him at birth. No happy family had been there to welcome him into the world. No one was trying to save his life now, putting him into an incubator, giving him oxygen or nourishment. He had just been left to die.
If do not see anything wrong with the policy of letting a BORN baby die without administering any medical assistance to try to save it’s life than I just don’t know what has happened to society and the respect for a human life.
There was only one senator that stood up and spoke in opposition of saving these babies lives and guess who it was. President Obama, that’s who.
On March 30, 2001, Obama was the only senator to speak in opposition to a bill that would have banned the practice of leaving premature abortion survivors to die. The bill, SB 1095, was carefully limited, its language unambiguous. It applied only to premature babies, already born alive. It stated simply that under Illinois law,“the words ‘person,’‘human being,’‘child,’ and ‘individual’ include every infant member of the species homo sapiens who is born alive at any stage of development.”
Let me get this straight, the senate tried to define a person as any homo sapien who was born alive and President Obama not only opposed this legislation but spoke against it? First of all I don’t understand how America got to the point in society when you actually have to put into law that any living baby born into the world is a human being, but that is how far we have sunk in this country.
And secondly the fact that someone could actually stand up and oppose defining a living, breathing baby as a human is not only disgusting, it is reprehensible and indefensible. But defend his position he did:
it would essentially bar abortions, because the equal protection clause does not allow somebody to kill a child, and if this is a child, then this would be an antiabortion statute.
What the fuck? He is opposed to saving a living baby that survived abortion because murder is illegal? The equal protection clause does not allow us to kill a child so we can’t call this dying baby a child? He is so afraid of any restrictions on abortion and the possibility that this bill could lead to tighter regulations on abortion that he finds it more palatable to let babies die on the operating table.
President Obama continues to defend this reprehensible mindset by claiming that is was all part of a conspiracy by Republicans to ban all abortions. That is no excuse, I can’t state firmly enough that these were babies who were born alive and left to die. How can anyone ever think that this is okay? How could anyone ever vote for a man that is this extreme?

http://americaswatchtower.com/2008/08/15/obam

“Beauty on four legs”

Since: Sep 06

Location hidden

#110926 Oct 24, 2010
Really? Wasn't that the bill that duplicated already enacted legislation? The bill whose only purpose was an attempt by the zealots to restrict the Constitutional rights of women? Srsly?
You do know that's a two yr old article, that those claims have been thoroughly debunked, and that Pres Obama did win the election, right? It's true - was in all the papers.
Dolt.

Location hidden

#110927 Oct 24, 2010
Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I think I may be guilty by association, but CandyStriper's skin isn't so thin that I'm making her life miserable. And her dog isn't suffering either.
Anything I've posted has come through lately with Bristol listed as the city address. But that is subject to change as the roulette wheel of Topix chooses another.
If SassyJM happens to read your post, at least she'll now know for sure that you like her.
CS seems capable of taking care of herself, but I also believe she has a sensitive side. I was only peripherally familiar with the Spud fiasco, but I give her credit for loyalty.

Sparky, there's no downside to registering and you can block your ISP location (in your case typically Bristol). The birth date is merely to ascertain that you are at least 13 years old. Make one up if that info seems intrusive. I registered because someone was masquerading as "Age" and while I've posted my share of blunders, I prefer to own my posts and not be mistaken for another.

Sassy and I have developed a "love-hate" relationship. She loves to hate and I love to tease her.

Location hidden

#110928 Oct 24, 2010
Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>
Only the old and wise talk to themselves.
As a side note...what's the title of the thread that a Sparky comment was left for you regarding a trailer park application?
Absolutely no idea. I suppose I could find it if I cared. But since I don't, I won't bother.
:-)

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#110929 Oct 24, 2010
<quoted text>
Did you use the remainings of your aborted baby as fertilizer for your precious acorn? How tall is your oak tree now?
Hope you are enjoying its shade, baby killer.
Such Christian love.

Reported.

“CRITICAL THINKING -- try it.”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#110930 Oct 24, 2010
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Such Christian love.
Reported.
Well, it is Sunday!

“Text OR drive...can't do both!”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#110931 Oct 24, 2010
<quoted text>
Since you claim to be so "EDUCATED", you should know that if conception occurs, the resulting human zygote, will develop and grow in a continuous, uninterrupted fashion.
Seeds on the other hand, dear, already contain a "miniature" plant or embryonic plant inside. This "miniature" plant will grow into a seedling when and if the seed is transported to a favorable location where the environmental conditions will support its growth and development into a mature plant.
Poor Lalalucifer, so desperate to justify the murder of developing human beings!
You seem to forget...we have nothing to justify. And murder? It's a legal term. Abortion doesn't qualify. Sorry that disappoints you so.

Location hidden

#110932 Oct 24, 2010
C Hamilton wrote:
<quoted text>Well, it is Sunday!
Have you noticed that Sunday (a day of rest and religious worship), seems to bring out more of the "love"? I have a theory - bear with me - it's the calisthenics involved with going to Mass that puts some Catholics off their feed. Up, down, sit, stand, kneel, sing, pray, smile, look sad, cough, sneeze, quiet children, speak in hushed tones, greet fellow parishioners, queue up to get a wafer (not to be chewed), kneel some more, sit again, stand, give thanks and praise, and finally escape.

That's enough to make anyone cranky!

“Killer Chihuahua”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#110933 Oct 24, 2010
C Hamilton wrote:
<quoted text>I think it's best to ignore the stalkers. They get their kicks thinking they've gotten to you. Don't give them the satisifaction. JMO
You are correct. This will never end if I help keep it going. It is only disrupting threads. Fortunately this person will never know me IRL and that is all that counts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Effective Pills (Jun '14) 2 hr marco 4
News Democrats seek repeal of ban on federal funding... Sun cpeter1313 138
News I stand outside abortion clinics, but I'm no pr... Sun cpeter1313 19
News Activist: "Abortion Threatens Black America's F... (Sep '12) Aug 27 zef 6,011
News Anti-abortion group sues city, wants to move be... Aug 27 Susanm 4
News Planned Parenthood Trying to Rebrand Itself As ... Aug 27 cpeter1313 1
News Planned Parenthood joins $500k effort to help C... Aug 27 Susanm 1
More from around the web