Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 312854 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

sweet sassy JM

Mamaroneck, NY

#38396 Mar 4, 2010
http://www.ehd.org/

6 weeks 6 day old fetus.

Check out this sonogram pic. WATCH the babies heart beating. Looks like a baby to me.

sweet sassy JM

Mamaroneck, NY

#38397 Mar 4, 2010
http://www.ehd.org/slideshow-images.php...

9 week old "baby" in utero

SOMEBODY's child.
sweet sassy JM

Mamaroneck, NY

#38398 Mar 4, 2010
Bright Sun wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, its funny that you'd consider Sweet JM's suggestion that Pupsy hold the pc gang to the same standards would then make her once again ignorant and hateful, LOL.
You can't see your hypocrisy.
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!
too simple really
Ink

Swedesboro, NJ

#38399 Mar 4, 2010
Moncie wrote:
<quoted text>
Once it's born, it has rights. There are laws in place that require medical care for these babies.
Good grief, the crap you try to stir up is amazing.
Do the rights extend to a wrongful death suit against the doctor or mother? If the baby is breathing and dies hours later is it still an abortion or is it murder? Can the state sue on behalf of the child? Should they?
sweet sassy JM

Mamaroneck, NY

#38400 Mar 4, 2010
cpeter1313 wrote:
How about you spend some time outside of your little religious circle and visit the inner-city for prolonged periods of time. I learned why women abort because I used to LIVE in those who could not afford to have a kid (or more kids), who had no prospects of making enough to support a kid, or could not be pregnant and keep their job. I saw women who got pregnant because their abusive boyfriends refused to wear condoms and the pill didn't work. The women who worked the streets, saving money to go back to school or to open their own legit business. Don't you fu**ing tell ME about why women abort.
I will not waste my time with a bunch of bible-belting hausfraus whose sole mission is to "protect" the fetus up until the moment the woman can no longer get a legal abortion.
<quoted text>
psstt......I've got a secret petyboy..don't tell anyone though okay?

Women/girls from ALL over, ALL walks of life, come into our CPC's needing a CHOICE other than killing their child.

Some lack physical support, Some lack emotional support, Some lack tangible support as to WHY they were thinking that thye might HAVE to abort because they felt they had NO CHOICE...nevertheless, WE offer it to them.

The abused women? WE get them OUT OF THE CYCLE/TRAP. Abortion kills her child and then she goes BACK into the abuse. THAT is "some" solution huh?

The ones that CAN'T afford a family? WELL..learn your body, learn when your fertile time is and ABSTAIN...YES..IMAGINE THAT?

Otherwise, if you are not married, AND can't afford a child or aren't ready to parent, then ABSTAIN from sex. TA DA!!!!!!!!!!

NO pregnancy, NO STDS, NO AIDS,NO BROKEN HEARTS, NOBODY USING YOUR FOR YOUR BODY ONLY...ETC..

BTW...You are talking out your butt. WHERE do you think many CPC's are located??? INNER cities too. Like I said, ALL walks of life.
sweet sassy JM

Mamaroneck, NY

#38401 Mar 4, 2010
cpeter1313 wrote:
FU** your god.
FU** your meaningless superstitions.
<quoted text>
Calm down peteyboy. Did I hit a RAW nerve?

For someone who claims my God is a myth, you SURE get upset when you are told something about him.

ATHEIST? nah.......MORE like rejection of your God. Act like you don't believe in him and then you ease your conscience when you ignore him.

He is real and he loves you. He is waiting for you with open, loving arms. YOUR choice.
sweet sassy JM

Mamaroneck, NY

#38402 Mar 4, 2010
Bright Sun wrote:
<quoted text>
My sweetie breastfed all of our children. We quickly learned there's a huge difference in the 'smell' of the breastfed baby's diapers and a formula fed baby's.
She had her mother and sisters who've also breastfed and it was a normal thing in her family. I think that makes a difference in the emotional comfort with it.
Most breastfed both in public and in private. But they put a blanket over them so others felt comfortable around them. In the home it was no big deal whether she was covered or not.
Shoot my sons saw their mother breastfeeding their little sister until she was 3 years old. And I feel they have a pretty healthy attitude towards a woman's breast.
They don't view them as sexual like most men do. Although the whole of the female is sexually attractive, from her face to her feet, to a man...I think its healthy for a man not to see a woman's body as solely all about sexuality.
My son was propositioned at his job just the other day by a gal, and she was insulted that he was not interested in her. She went on about,'ya mean if I am willing...you wouldn't want me?'
Its like she was shocked that guys do 'choose' also. My son's of the mind that if they go around propositioning guys...he should expect to worry about std's. Therefore, any lady who behaves like that is an automatic 'no'.
Having kids all college and high school age does keep his mom and I up to date on how the young people are thinking and behaving. Sometimes we just shake our heads.
BEAUTIFUL post bigsky.

You have REALLY got a good head on your shoulders.

I think that you are a great husband and father. VERY healthy and solid attitude you got there.
Ink

Swedesboro, NJ

#38403 Mar 4, 2010
Moncie wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't vote against any such thing. He voted against the Unborn Victims of Violence Act because he felt it usurped a woman's right to choose.
Get your facts straight, or stop talking.
Here are the facts:
It was called the Induced Infant Liability Act.
Obama voted against the bill in the IL senate and killed it in committe. You may not like the messenger but his record is in the IL state record.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php...
sweet sassy JM

Mamaroneck, NY

#38404 Mar 4, 2010
Debpatriot wrote:
Hi Bright Sun. Read your post to Polgara above & I just had to comment on your son. Very impressed. My daughters are in their late 20's. Sounds like your wife & yourself have done a good job. Not easy once they hit those teen yrs. I feel sorry for parents today. My husband & I had a few tough yrs. with 2 girls. And that was before the cell phones & texting were around. The overblown sense of entitlement is prevalent in society now, & it's reflected in our kids. To escape that mentality is an achievement. But some credit is definitely to the child themselves. We can only try to teach them so much. They must have an inner strength & fortitude to resist what they know is wrong. And especially when they're attractive. That poses an extra burden in our society today. Thanks for sharing about your son's character. Definitely encouraging in this messed up value system of a world we live in.
I agree with you here. He had a great post. I was also impressed.

See, what I don't understand is, in this day and age, just even sitting on these forums and listening to all these LIBERAL pro-abort people, that these people on here have been making comments (on the middle thread too) about his wife breastfeeding so long AND that his other kids were present in the room at the time, are SO ignorant about how to raise a healthy child.

They want condoms SHOVED down young kids throat, when those kids SHOULDN'T even be having sex, but are afraid to let them see MOM feeding their little sister or brother as IF the womans breast were DIRTY and not meant for that.

They have distorted views so they pass on that distorted view to their children. OUR bodies are not dirty. They are natural. NOBODY says that breastfeeding should include boobs hanging out, but feeding discreetly is fine and natural.

They wonder WHY kids and adults have such sexual hang ups. ESPECIALLY these people who want to hand condoms and abortions to 14yr olds.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#38405 Mar 4, 2010
Wow JM seems to have her own fan club following her around to judge her post. Hmmm...JM you're not judging your own post are you?:-)

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#38406 Mar 4, 2010
Rigid wrote:
<quoted text>
care to try this paragraph again?
LOL abortion is legal? or is it the right of the woman to choose abortion that is legal? or is it that its illegal for the state to interfer in necessisary abortions?or is it that the law is actually silent on abortion?
lets start with this, please show me the law that says that abortion is legal, since that is the position that you took with your rather mixed up post.
"LOL abortion is legal?"

Yes.

"or is it the right of the woman to choose abortion that is legal?"

Yes, although the choice is heavily limited post viability. If pregnancy threatens her life, she retains the choice of whether to sacrifice herself for her child, or have an abortion, or take her chances that both will die, or both will survive.

"or is it that its illegal for the state to interfer in necessisary abortions?"

interfere/necessary. Yes.

"or is it that the law is actually silent on abortion?"

No.

Roe v. Wade, 410 U.S. 113 (1973).

Sorry if your need to be breastfed and/or spoonfed precludes you from having the ability to discern the law unless it is
S P E L L E D O U T so you can understand it. That would be your problem.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#38407 Mar 4, 2010
Moncie wrote:
<quoted text>
You want to see what makes abortion legal? Read Roe v. Wade.
There wasn't anything "mixed up" about her post. She was right. Abortion is legal.
As legal as an Oncologist prescribing marihuana to a cancer patient, while the rest of the "pot heads" need to watch for "Five-O"
Bright Sun

Houston, AR

#38408 Mar 4, 2010
cpeter1313 wrote:
Eight week old fetuses do not have upper brains, you lying skank. Not even a developed lower brain (medulla). It has what will eventually become the brain stem, and has the neurological complexity of an annelid.
<quoted text>
Yet, they will...if their mother's don't kill them.

They will develop all their brain functions at the normal timetable which all human beings develop them. Why? Because they are human beings.

Their being who they are at the proper timetable in which all human beings are....gives no one the right to kill them.

Its one thing to not have developed brain function...and have the medical prognosis of 'never' developing them. Its another thing to be right on scheduled development and medically be just where a human being is expected to be and have every reason to be expected to continue to develop normally....

....unless someone chooses to kill them.

No one has the right to kill them. The Constitution never gave anyone such a right. As Justice Scalia said, the court overstepped in its decision in Roe v Wade.
Bright Sun

Houston, AR

#38409 Mar 4, 2010
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, he already clicked his tongue over CHam's gay friends' adoption. He didn't approve. So, essentially, he's all for adoption, as long as HE gets to choose who can and can not adopt.
@@
Yes...I am all for adoption. And I think what's in the best interest of the baby is what's important...not placating political views.

And I don't believe gay parents are in the best interest of the babies. Too bad its more important to you all to 'appease the adults' and worry about how they feel.

In adoption as in raising any baby, what's in the best interest of the baby...is what most important.

And babies will 90+% of the time be heterosexual, so they need heterosexual role models for parents, imo.

Don't like it?....so. I'm sharing my opinion, not running for a popularity contest. Raising children is not a game.
Debpatriot

United States

#38410 Mar 4, 2010
sweet sassy JM wrote:
http://www.ehd.org/
6 weeks 6 day old fetus.
Check out this sonogram pic. WATCH the babies heart beating. Looks like a baby to me.
Amazing sweetsassy. What a cool site. Now I know where cpet gets that zygote thing he's always talking about in referring to the growing fetus. In the 0-2 weeks development stage! At 10 wks. considering it's so small~ can still tell it's a baby... That site has so many pictures of day to day growth. Isn't it amazing how they can see all this now? Thanks for sharing. I have never seen pictures like these. Like you couldn't tell from my reaction, right?~~~smile~~~

Pup C

“Still .. PRO LIFE”

Since: Jun 09

Just not stupid about it.

#38411 Mar 4, 2010
sweet sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text>
EXACTLY WHY I told you MONTHS ago, when you were going at knit and the others, to KNOCK IT OFF (REMEMBER PUPSY?) yep, you ignored what I said.
The UNBORN are top priority here NOT you and your insecure nonsense/bashing to gain attention from these nonsense/bashing evil people who SUPPORT AND JUSTIFY killing innocent little lives.
SOMETHING you *used* to put as TOP priority.
SO,,,practice what you preach. I have sat here for MONTHS watching you take shots at prolifers without being provoked or posted to.
Grow up.
Does my scent attract you or something ??

Man, you are at me like a b*tch in heat. Go away.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#38412 Mar 4, 2010
Pup C wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you really are filthy, not getting any at home? I bet foo will have to do. You are as offensive as she is, Don't you know being gay is a mortal sin? Are you going to lose your soul over foo? Your kind makes me puke. LOL, what happened to you? You are a freak.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#38413 Mar 4, 2010
Pup C wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to apologise to Sassy JM, you freak.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Indianapolis

#38414 Mar 4, 2010
Then they are exercising their right to CHOOSE. But your dishonesty is in not telling them about abortion in an objective manner and pretending that abortion does many things it simply doesn't.

All you do is sign them up for welfare. That doesn't solve any problems at all. It just keeps them in the cycle of poverty and abuse. You build up this fantasy about how wonderful it is to be a mother regardless of the woman's individual reality. And then you dismiss them and they have to deal with it for the next 18 years. You don't even care if the woman would be a good mother or is even capable of being one.
sweet sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text>
psstt......I've got a secret petyboy..don't tell anyone though okay?
Women/girls from ALL over, ALL walks of life, come into our CPC's needing a CHOICE other than killing their child.
Some lack physical support, Some lack emotional support, Some lack tangible support as to WHY they were thinking that thye might HAVE to abort because they felt they had NO CHOICE...nevertheless, WE offer it to them.
The abused women? WE get them OUT OF THE CYCLE/TRAP. Abortion kills her child and then she goes BACK into the abuse. THAT is "some" solution huh?
The ones that CAN'T afford a family? WELL..learn your body, learn when your fertile time is and ABSTAIN...YES..IMAGINE THAT?
Otherwise, if you are not married, AND can't afford a child or aren't ready to parent, then ABSTAIN from sex. TA DA!!!!!!!!!!
NO pregnancy, NO STDS, NO AIDS,NO BROKEN HEARTS, NOBODY USING YOUR FOR YOUR BODY ONLY...ETC..
BTW...You are talking out your butt. WHERE do you think many CPC's are located??? INNER cities too. Like I said, ALL walks of life.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Indianapolis

#38415 Mar 4, 2010
Sorry, but your god is meaningless and non-existent. I merely tire of you idiots pushing him into discussions that have nothing to do with religion.
sweet sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text>
Calm down peteyboy. Did I hit a RAW nerve?
For someone who claims my God is a myth, you SURE get upset when you are told something about him.
ATHEIST? nah.......MORE like rejection of your God. Act like you don't believe in him and then you ease your conscience when you ignore him.
He is real and he loves you. He is waiting for you with open, loving arms. YOUR choice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
9 reasons abortion MUST remain legal. (Sep '07) Thu Susanm 1,470
News Europe's Jews Look at Trump, and See Their Own ... Wed PolakPotrafi 2
News BREAKING. House Accelerates Investigation Of Pl... Dec 5 Doug 25
News Texas to Require Burials After Many Abortions Dec 4 cpeter1313 1
News Activist: "Abortion Threatens Black America's F... (Sep '12) Dec 2 zef 6,098
News Congressional panel recommends charges against ... Dec 2 Philosophic 5
News Q Poll: Americans Disagree With Trump On Aborti... Nov 27 De Plorable 8
More from around the web