Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 20 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#312834 Oct 7, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. And let's also remember the folks who insist they "found Bigfoot." lol
There's plenty of myths keeping people busy out there..lol.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#312835 Oct 7, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>I am not jealous of your family. You are the hate filled creature, you say a woman has the right to slaughter their unborn child, now how hate filled is that? Those kids of yours are soooo scared of you, they think you will put a hex on them, and I bet they wonder how many children you aborted.. I hope your children find true happiness, away from you and go back to the Catholic Church.
A "hex"? bwahahahahaha!! Where do you get this shit?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#312836 Oct 7, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Ink, I dont think people were disputing the possibility of flooding.
Correct, we were not.
Katie

Kent, WA

#312837 Oct 7, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is your fabled world wide flood?
I think Ink ignored the words, "world wide" and went straight for flood. And therefore believes you wrote of a "fabled flood". There're too many examples of Ink doing this while reading posts and misunderstanding what posters are writing.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#312838 Oct 7, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're interpreting the bible as you see fit when you claim that it tells us the earth is round.
Isaiah 40:22

New International Version
He sits enthroned above the 'circle' of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#312839 Oct 7, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Ink ignored the words, "world wide" and went straight for flood. And therefore believes you wrote of a "fabled flood". There're too many examples of Ink doing this while reading posts and misunderstanding what posters are writing.
No, I went straight for 'fabled'. That means not real.
Katie

Kent, WA

#312841 Oct 7, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I went straight for 'fabled'. That means not real.
Fabled what? You said a fabled flood. FFJ used fabled to describe world wide. Like I said. Why would you even argue that? All your posts support it. I already knew you went for "fabled", that's why I brought it up.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#312842 Oct 7, 2013
Okay, what did we say about hexing the kids? Honestly, a time out is fine, but suspending them in time and space is too much! ;)
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, of course you're jealous. That's why you keep talking about superficial, unimportant things, like appearance. That is what is hateful.
I've never said any such thing, liar.
My children have no reason to fear me.
I've never had an abortion.
They have always been free to be whatever religion they choose. They've always known this.
You are 100% wrong.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#312844 Oct 7, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be the belief of all atheists. I think that is well known.
Apparently, you don't believe in the Divine. I'm a Deist, not an atheist.

As I said, I don't believe in YOUR 'God', who responds to prayer even though He has a 'vast eternal plan' for mankind...I worship little, and praise much.

You're welcome to believe any way you want; and when you try to involve your Deity in the common law, you're welcome to reap the consequences.

Serendipity is reality, and Karma's a bitch.

:)

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#312845 Oct 7, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
He sits enthroned above the 'circle' of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in.
Rev 7:1 After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree.
There goes your theory.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#312847 Oct 8, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Okay, what did we say about hexing the kids? Honestly, a time out is fine, but suspending them in time and space is too much! ;)
<quoted text>
LOL! I'll try to remember that.
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

#312849 Oct 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess the religion you follow conveniently ignored that for 1500+ years.

A circle is flat; think of a pancake.

Job 38:15 "The earth takes shape like clay under a seal." (Clay when stamped under a seal is flattened and round in shape).

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#312851 Oct 8, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess the religion you follow conveniently ignored that for 1500+ years.
A circle is flat; think of a pancake.
Job 38:15 "The earth takes shape like clay under a seal." (Clay when stamped under a seal is flattened and round in shape).
Ink cherry picks. All extremists do.
mideastNews

AOL

#312852 Oct 8, 2013

*Prophetic word given to NETANYAHU & Knesset

feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#312853 Oct 8, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Ink cherry picks. All extremists do.
In this instance I would say she.isn't cherry picking but interpreting that one passage as she sees fit.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#312854 Oct 8, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
In this instance I would say she.isn't cherry picking but interpreting that one passage as she sees fit.
Point :)
Ink

Levittown, PA

#312855 Oct 8, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Fabled what? You said a fabled flood. FFJ used fabled to describe world wide. Like I said. Why would you even argue that? All your posts support it. I already knew you went for "fabled", that's why I brought it up.
So we agree that the flood wasn't a fable.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#312856 Oct 8, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently, you don't believe in the Divine. I'm a Deist, not an atheist.
As I said, I don't believe in YOUR 'God', who responds to prayer even though He has a 'vast eternal plan' for mankind...I worship little, and praise much.
You're welcome to believe any way you want; and when you try to involve your Deity in the common law, you're welcome to reap the consequences.
Serendipity is reality, and Karma's a bitch.
:)
What is the Divine?
Ink

Levittown, PA

#312857 Oct 8, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Rev 7:1 After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree.
There goes your theory.
Not really because we still talk about the 'four corners' of the earth even though we know the earth is round. Four corners usually means the north, south, east and west.

Jesus also mentions that when the kingdom of God comes some will be in the light and people will still be sleeping. That indicates his understand of the world being round and actually revolving causing day and night.
Katie

Kent, WA

#312858 Oct 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So we agree that the flood wasn't a fable.
Not once did I ever claim any flood past or present was a fable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Activist: "Abortion Threatens Black America's F... (Sep '12) 1 hr zef 5,660
News Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays (Oct '07) 5 hr Brian_G 219,933
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) 17 hr Pete-o 7,409
News Mississippi Could Soon Shut Down Its Only Abort... (Apr '14) 18 hr Spotted Girl 16
Miss Jenny Abortion Procedure (Apr '14) May 3 iknowhatidid 27
News Pro Life March In Washington Sees Gains And Set... May 3 Noelle Lorraine 2
News Is This the End of One of the World's Harshest ... (Nov '13) Apr 30 elegantswan 2
9 reasons abortion MUST remain legal. (Sep '07) Apr 19 CJC93 1,418
More from around the web