Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
292,081 - 292,100 of 305,378 Comments Last updated Yesterday
worships reality

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now what was the point of your post? I say I love books and you call me a bigot? Totally...pointless. And assholish.
you're not a bigot because you love books. you're a bigot because of your anti-catholic prejudice. did you forget about that already, bigot?
just what is the range of your memory...about 10 minutes?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Bit and all!
I was responding to this post:
"I'm not a former Catholic, nor did I ever claim to be. I had no idea a Catholic could marry someone not of their faith in the Catholic church. Can another Catholic, other than Knit, confirm this?"
My response to that question was factual.
Ah. I stand corrected :)
worships reality

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Here's an equation for you...Your God created everything (according to your dogma), so your God created rats and parasites, and then your God's rats and parasites spread your God's Black Death, so your God was responsible for killing off an entire 3rd of Western Europe, so your God wiped out 20 million people.
And then that wasn't enough to satisfy your God's bloodlust so he wiped out 50 million people in 1918 via the Spanish flu.
Your God is the most prolific mass murderer in history so why continue to be a hypocrite and bitch about abortion? If your God gave a shit in the first place he wouldn't allow a conception that will end in miscarriage...ya dumbastard.
"my" dogma? what is my dogma? abortion is not an issue of god or religion. it's an issue of basic fudamental human rights. stop trying to justify conscious intentional killing by equating it to nature's biological rejection of a pregnancy, or disease caused by mutated bacteria. would you cease bitching about cold blooded murder or call for the abolishing of laws against murder beacause god "allows" thousands of others to die due to accident or disease?
you sound stupid. in addition to your bigotry.
worships reality

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
How convenient for you to whine about something like this when you hide within a gray box so nobody will know how much space you've wasted here.
And your buddy Dry Husk changes names minute to minute but manages to be a prolific bloviator, so maybe you should find better things to do besides piss and moan about non-issues...like maybe bathe once in awhile.
best defense is a good offense, eh? no where here do you deny her lack of a life and 24/7 presence on here.
i'm not on this forum that frequently at all. it's up to you if you choose to believe that or not. but that's neither here nor there. the fact is her perpetual presence here is a matter of record. that your reaction is to not acknowledge that reality but immediately jump to her defense is a noble if not predictable gesture, and something, as noted by her silence, she doesn't even care to do for herself.
in the words of that immortal misogynist, groucho : "remember, you're defending this woman's honor....which is probably more than she ever did."
worships reality

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
catholic doctors are not concerned with pregnant women having heart attacks or cancer. They would just as soon they die as long as they can salvage the fetus.
now you speak for all catholic doctors? this is a flat out lie and a pretty sick statement. you're psychotic.
Yes I am equating the bodies rejection of pregnancy. The woman/girls brain is part of her body is it not? The problem you have is not caring about 500,000 spontaneous abortions, but caring deeply if a woman/girl uses her mind in the rejection of pregnancy.
so you would equate a strong, healthy 18 year old committing suicide with an 18 year old with an 18 year old who dies of cancer?
after all it was his mind that chose to kill himself and his mind is part of his body is it not? what kind of sick twisted brain conjures up such idiotic rationale?
Religion is misogynistic. I have read the book it screams off the pages. Not my problem that you bow down to it and refuse the truth. Bow all YOU want, don't expect the same from me? Comprende?
it's not just religion. the irrational fear of being persecuted by misogynists you see in your sleep "screams" off of all your posts. you need to get a grip.
worships reality

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the truth.
I know, I know, you just don't understand, do you?
Okay, I'll try to dumb it down enough for you. First of all, how many fetuses did YOU gestate? Was it EVER a possibility that YOU would abort any of your pregnancies, Witless?
even if it wasn't a possibility that she would choose to abort, her pregnancy would still be subject to miscarriage which is still an abortion and still at the behest and whim of the deity who "allows' it, as you screwballs are always pointing out. so yes, 100% of embryos/fetuses are subject to death at someone's whim.
"you" are going to dumb something down? lol

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Bit and all!
I was responding to this post:
"I'm not a former Catholic, nor did I ever claim to be. I had no idea a Catholic could marry someone not of their faith in the Catholic church. Can another Catholic, other than Knit, confirm this?"
My response to that question was factual.
Yeah, well, I found a post from 3 weeks ago, where I characterized 'HuskerDu's post as "...hurling hate and spewing shit."

So there's that.

*sheepish grin*
worships reality

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Pretty sure you meant "Please SHUT up," as Ladilulu hit your nail DIRECTLY on the top of your pointed head.
You don't want to hear it - and I can hardly blame you - but it's nonetheless the truth, and you really need to face facts.
"it's just me, really"

get yer motor runnin shovel. you phony.

http://d2om8tvz4lgco4.cloudfront.net/archive/...
worships reality

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I've never seen the Christian God.
you may very well have without even knowing it. what you mean is you "believe" you've never seen the christian god, shovel.
grumpy

Pomona, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text> Of course. For instance, if you were going to hit me, I have a right to stop you by putting up my fist. I wouldn't stab you though or shoot yohr head off.
Okay let's have it grumpy. Go and tell me that a baby is threatening his/her mom while inutero and that she therefore has a right to kill that child.
My 10 month old threw her glass bottle at me one day. Should i have the rigt to kill her in self defense?
My friend was telling me just about a half of an hohr ago that her husband is a pain in the ass and that the stress is killing her. She feels like shes going to have a stroke. What do you suggest grumpy? A bullet between his eyes or should she choke him.
Out of self defense, of COURSE ;)
But if a fetus is a human being, doesn't a woman have the right to protect herself from the damage the fetus will cause?
The woman has no other defense against the fetus.
You could have dodged the bottle. Your friend could have left her husband. But the woman has no other defense against the fetus.
Of course, if the fetus is not a person.....
Ink

Wynnewood, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
And yet it happens here daily. The bible is an ancient text translated into many languages, interpreted by many different people and heavy on metaphor and symbolism. Humans scripted the bible so we clearly know what offended the people of the times. God? Not so much. God was merely a manifestation of their somewhat primitive minds. God, like Zeus, was anything the people wanted him to be...loving, hateful, mass murdering, forgiving...anything.
And you are more than welcome to that belief.
Ink

Wynnewood, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but I believe C's question was can TWO non-Catholics marry in a Catholic church. She can correct me if I'm wrong.
You're wrong as usual.
worships reality

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>You are frustrated, menopausal and a nervous wreck, Pretty sure your blood pressure is through the roof by the way you post, all those nasty dirty words you use. Maybe you need to revisit the Church and rediscover Christ.
her name calling, yelling(caps) and seething anger is apparent in just about all her posts.
what's even more amusing is watching her continuous denials...

i swear i'm calm
i swear i'm not angry
i swear i'm not wrong
i swear i don't lie
i swear i'm not on here 24/7
i swear i have a life
i swear i don't eat butter and bacon sandwiches

is there anyone else here who spends more time defending themselves against posters who in reality don't know her from adam?
Ink

Wynnewood, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
C asked about TWO non-Catholics.
It is so tiring to have to look stuff up for you all the time,

C said
I'm not a former Catholic, nor did I ever claim to be. I had no idea a Catholic could marry someone not of their faith in the Catholic church. Can another Catholic, other than Knit, confirm this?
Ink

Wynnewood, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you still haven't seen a doctor about that lying virus you've caught.
I am not lying. That's my opinion. I truthfully believe it to be the case.

Take the hate for anyone in the news who has worked at an abortion clinic and became disgusted with the inhumanity of abortion and has spoken out about it. Only venom for them.
Ink

Wynnewood, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Bitner wrote:
Okay, here is C's post from Monday.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
"Who said that it did? Are you telling me that a Catholic priest would be willing to marry Baptists, Protestants, Muslims or Atheists in a Catholic Church? Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe they do."
She did not specifically ask about two non-Catholics, but it seems that was what she was asking, from her words. If she was not, she can correct me.

“Post at your own risk”

Since: Sep 09

Whining is unbecoming

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah. I stand corrected :)
Looks like we were reading the same book but on different pages.
:-)
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but I believe C's question was can TWO non-Catholics marry in a Catholic church. She can correct me if I'm wrong.
Non Catholics are baptized, make first communion,
and are confirmed before they can receive the Sacrament
of Marriage. There adult classes.
Ink

Wynnewood, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Non Catholics are baptized, make first communion,
and are confirmed before they can receive the Sacrament
of Marriage. There adult classes.
Are you sure?

ĽA Baptized Christian

Both partners do not have to be a Catholic in order to be sacramentally married in the Catholic Church, but both must be baptized Christians (and at least one must be a Catholic). Non-Christians cannot receive the sacraments. For a Catholic to marry a non-Catholic Christian, express permission is required from his or her bishop. A Catholic can marry an unbaptized person, but such marriages are natural marriages only; they are not sacramental marriages. The Church, therefore, discourages them and requires a Catholic who wishes to marry an unbaptized person to receive a special dispensation from his or her bishop. Still, if the dispensation is granted, a non-sacramental marriage is valid and can take place inside of a Catholic church.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Like it or not, a woman has the right to determine if a pregnancy will continue or not. If she perceives that pregnancy to be a threat, then it is.

Your friend is a doormat. NOBODY can stress you out without your permission. Doesn't she know where the door is?
sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text> Of course. For instance, if you were going to hit me, I have a right to stop you by putting up my fist. I wouldn't stab you though or shoot yohr head off.
Okay let's have it grumpy. Go and tell me that a baby is threatening his/her mom while inutero and that she therefore has a right to kill that child.
My 10 month old threw her glass bottle at me one day. Should i have the rigt to kill her in self defense?
My friend was telling me just about a half of an hohr ago that her husband is a pain in the ass and that the stress is killing her. She feels like shes going to have a stroke. What do you suggest grumpy? A bullet between his eyes or should she choke him.
Out of self defense, of COURSE ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Abortion Forum right now

Search the Abortion Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Ohio anti-abortion leader: Ban public nudity, b... 23 hr Star On 47 4
"Pregnancy is not natural," abortion spokeswoma... (Aug '13) Mon DeidreB 113
WND Publishing Book By Contributors To Abortion... Mon godless by choice 1
trusted midwife. miss julie Mon godless by choice 3
Abortion can be Anonymous ???? (Feb '14) Mon ATE CHRISTY 6
Abortion (Jan '12) Mon ATE CHRISTY 30
Abortion doctors restrictions take root in South Mon ATE CHRISTY 7
•••
•••