Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 14,597)

Showing posts 291,921 - 291,940 of305,074
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
headlines

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

ISRAEL to give POPE "Custody" of Temple Mount --

http://youtu.be/Qt9kEQB4ti8

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>You are frustrated, menopausal and a nervous wreck, Pretty sure your blood pressure is through the roof by the way you post, all those nasty dirty words you use. Maybe you need to revisit the Church and rediscover Christ.
Wrong on all counts, Admitted Liar.
hirttle

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

youtube.com/watch... ………… Smoking vs, Breathing
decision complete
Katie

Milton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Husker Du wrote:
Bitler, if its a real Amish restaurant, they never use the word Amish in any of their businesses and there would not be electricity used in modern stores. The baked goods would have a slightly different taste because they use the old fashioned way to cook. The register would be battery operated. I am surrounded by new Amish settlements. And the ones in the next state, just one hour away. My husband works with several. I shop once a month at a little grocery store run by a nice Amish man, in a town twenty minutes away. We have many new Amish settlements in Nebraska, they are buying a lot of farmland.
Here's what I found looking into your claim of Amish in Nebraska:

"Presently there are no Amish located in the state of Nebraska as far as residents

There are a few instances where young people have taken employment and stayed with a family there

Nebraska Amish came to be known when there was a small settlement near Gosper, Nebraska but due to persecution around the turn of the 19th century, they simply left and returned to Mifflin County PA.

They are most recognizable by white curtains rather than doors on their carriages.

They are one of the most conservative groups of Amish in America"
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...

"The Nebraska Amish are perhaps the most conservative group of Old Order Amish, descendants of the Anabaptists and Mennonites.

The present Nebraska Amish districts are found in Mifflin County, Pennsylvania, with small extensions into Centre, Huntingdon, and Union counties. The Amish came into this region of Pennsylvania as early as 1791. Around 1880, Bishop Yost H. Yoder led nine families from Juniata County, Pennsylvania, to Gosper County in south-central Nebraska, founding an Old Order settlement that would last until 1904, three years after Bishop Yoder's death. Yoder went back to the Kishacoquillas Valley in Pennsylvania in 1881 to assist a conservative Amish group. Yoder was living in Nebraska, and the group was nicknamed the Nebraska Amish by others."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nebraska_Amish

"‘Nebraska’ is something of a misnomer, however. This group is found mainly in Mifflin County, PA, in the diverse ‘Big Valley’ region. A second, smaller group is found in northeastern Ohio.

The Nebraska tag comes from the origin of the group’s founding bishop, Yost H. Yoder. Today there are a number of subgroups within the Nebraska Amish affiliation."
http://amishamerica.com/nebraska_amish/

"Cornhusker State was first settled by Amish in 1880.

Settlement since then has been sporadic and sparse, with just a handful of Amish living in the state today (for the ultraconservative Pennsylvania group also known as “Nebraska Amish”, go here)."
http://amishamerica.com/amish-nebraska/

A "handful" does not equal being "surrounded by" unless you are exaggerating. Are you?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's what I found looking into your claim of Amish in Nebraska:
"Presently there are no Amish located in the state of Nebraska as far as residents
There are a few instances where young people have taken employment and stayed with a family there
Nebraska Amish came to be known when there was a small settlement near Gosper, Nebraska but due to persecution around the turn of the 19th century, they simply left and returned to Mifflin County PA.
They are most recognizable by white curtains rather than doors on their carriages.
They are one of the most conservative groups of Amish in America"
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...
"The Nebraska Amish are perhaps the most conservative group of Old Order Amish, descendants of the Anabaptists and Mennonites.
The present Nebraska Amish districts are found in Mifflin County, Pennsylvania, with small extensions into Centre, Huntingdon, and Union counties. The Amish came into this region of Pennsylvania as early as 1791. Around 1880, Bishop Yost H. Yoder led nine families from Juniata County, Pennsylvania, to Gosper County in south-central Nebraska, founding an Old Order settlement that would last until 1904, three years after Bishop Yoder's death. Yoder went back to the Kishacoquillas Valley in Pennsylvania in 1881 to assist a conservative Amish group. Yoder was living in Nebraska, and the group was nicknamed the Nebraska Amish by others."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nebraska_Amish
"‘Nebraska’ is something of a misnomer, however. This group is found mainly in Mifflin County, PA, in the diverse ‘Big Valley’ region. A second, smaller group is found in northeastern Ohio.
The Nebraska tag comes from the origin of the group’s founding bishop, Yost H. Yoder. Today there are a number of subgroups within the Nebraska Amish affiliation."
http://amishamerica.com/nebraska_amish/
"Cornhusker State was first settled by Amish in 1880.
Settlement since then has been sporadic and sparse, with just a handful of Amish living in the state today (for the ultraconservative Pennsylvania group also known as “Nebraska Amish”, go here)."
http://amishamerica.com/amish-nebraska/
A "handful" does not equal being "surrounded by" unless you are exaggerating. Are you?
If that one is breathing, the answer is 'yes'.

:)
Katie

Milton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

I only asked if you were exaggerating since a "handful" of Amish does not equal being "surrounded by" Amish.

Are you (exaggerating)?!
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Husker Du wrote:
You are frustrated, menopausal and a nervous wreck, Pretty sure your blood pressure is through the roof by the way you post, all those nasty dirty words you use. Maybe you need to revisit the Church and rediscover Christ.
How amusing; you described YOURSELF perfectly, Knutter. Nice work; reading your posts is a great reminder of the reasons why I love being Catholicism-FREE (CF for short).

And why should Bitner or anyone else for that matter "need to revisit the Church and rediscover Christ?" So she could end up being a miserable piece of work like YOU? What a dismal and depressing prospect THAT would be.

Motherhood: OPTIONAL, not required.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

FYI for the Catholic fanatics here, I have seven good reasons to love being what I call Catholicism-Free (CF for short):

1. Not having to deal with constant and tedious preaching about "sin"

2. No long and boring church services and sermons to ruin my Sundays

3. No sweat or hassles about the weekly drag known as "confession"

4. Not having to pop out more kids than I wanted because of Catholicism's anti-contraception doctrines

5. Not having to give any of my money to the church's blood-sucking hierarchy by the church-based practice of extortion known as "tithing"

6. No worries about my child being a victim of one of the Catholic Church's vile pedophile priests

7. Freedom to decide for MYSELF on all important personal matters like sex, marriage, and reproduction

Personally, I find it a gross obscenity that a group of male clerics in dresses has the arrogance to believe it has the "right" to rule over millions of women's lives. Luckily for me, I can and DID -- kick all of this toxic church's baggage to the curb so it wouldn't ruin the quality of MY life. I celebrate that decision every day.

For me, being Catholicism-Free (CF) ROCKS. It's wonderful how much freedom a woman has when she ISN'T mentally chained to a regressive and oppressive religious institution.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

You have no idea what "kosher" even means, twit.
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>
They can't even touch it ,the pork is unclean, not kosher. Same with Muslims, its an insult to the Muslim faith to even ask to give a pork sandwich to someone.
Ah, yes it is if the local bishop says so. Some have a community phone, others are forbidden and have to go for help other ways. They have the right to refuse, bitler. Go find something to do, your temper is terrible. Maybe you just have a craving for butter and bacon sandwiches and a two liter of Mountain Dew.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

So you fell for the "organic" nonsense? Bully for you.

You walk 5 miles a day? You must be in another state by now. Your family must be much happier now.
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Calm down. I have a very healthy diet. I rarely eat red meat, never eat processed foods, ever. I never eat fast food. I don't drink sugary pop. I never eat white bread and I walk five miles a day. I shop the organic section at the grocery store. I even use cloth grocery bags. I just had a hysterectomy and two days later I walked two miles. Now I am back to five.

“CRITICAL THINKING -- try it.”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Getting married in the Catholic Church does not make you Catholic.
Who said that it did? Are you telling me that a Catholic priest would be willing to marry Baptists, Protestants, Muslims or Atheists in a Catholic Church? Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe they do.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

It's a sin to lie, also. Not that lying bothers YOU...I'm just sayin'.
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Its the same as going to a wedding that wouldn't be valid. All the shop owner has to do is say I am booked up till kingdom come. or just say I am not available. Its a sin to go to a wedding performed by a judge, did you know that? Its the same for a gay wedding ceremony.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

Then catholics will just have to get out of wedding-related industries, because the law says they can't discriminate in most areas now.
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>]Look up what the Catechism says about homosexuality , it will give the answer, its pretty simple, we are not to support their lifestyle which means not participating in a same sex wedding. If you did, you are causing scandal , a sin. Why would I go to the Vatican, we go to the Catechism if we need answers, you should know that. Michelle, its the same as participating in a wedding that is not valid such as a wedding with a Judge, or a divorced Catholic marrying again without an annulment. A Catholic marrying a pagan in a pagan ceremony. You should read the Catechism, you will learn a lot. By the way, the Catechism had to be approved by the Pope.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

cpeter1313 wrote:
It's a sin to lie, also. Not that lying bothers YOU...I'm just sayin'.
<quoted text>
No, she freely admitted that she's lied here.
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
So you fell for the "organic" nonsense? Bully for you.
You walk 5 miles a day? You must be in another state by now. Your family must be much happier now.
<quoted text>
So you fell for the chemicals, hormones, pesticides, caged-forced fed animals, etc are just as good as "organic" nonsense? Bully for YOU!
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
FYI for the Catholic fanatics here, I have seven good reasons to love being what I call Catholicism-Free (CF for short):
1. Not having to deal with constant and tedious preaching about "sin"
2. No long and boring church services and sermons to ruin my Sundays
3. No sweat or hassles about the weekly drag known as "confession"
4. Not having to pop out more kids than I wanted because of Catholicism's anti-contraception doctrines
5. Not having to give any of my money to the church's blood-sucking hierarchy by the church-based practice of extortion known as "tithing"
6. No worries about my child being a victim of one of the Catholic Church's vile pedophile priests
7. Freedom to decide for MYSELF on all important personal matters like sex, marriage, and reproduction
Personally, I find it a gross obscenity that a group of male clerics in dresses has the arrogance to believe it has the "right" to rule over millions of women's lives. Luckily for me, I can and DID -- kick all of this toxic church's baggage to the curb so it wouldn't ruin the quality of MY life. I celebrate that decision every day.
For me, being Catholicism-Free (CF) ROCKS. It's wonderful how much freedom a woman has when she ISN'T mentally chained to a regressive and oppressive religious institution.
LOL

And you seem soooo at peace too. You hang out on abortion forums.
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>I can't believe a former Catholic knows so little about the church like you do. Maybe if you knew more you would not have left. If someone is protestant and marrying a Catholic, yes they can get married, if a Catholic marries a Muslim or Jew, they have to get an ok from the Bishop.
I find it really sad and telling that these people who have rejected Christs church, can be so ignorant of it. It sounds to me, with all sincerity, that they must have been raised or exposed to unloving people who tarnished their image of the RCC.
Ink

Narberth, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Nobody wants to take away your rights."
That statement is a LIE, Inky, because the anti-choice crowd has made it very clear that it DOES want to take away women's reproductive rights by pushing to make it illegal. Republican politicians are also doing their best to take away those rights by passing draconian legislation that seriously restricts our access to both contraception and abortion.
But hey, you keep telling yourself that LIE if that's what makes you feel better. Just don't expect me to buy it as "fact" when I know it isn't.
Motherhood: OPTIONAL, not required.
They can only make laws that the Supreme Court rules legal. And we all trust the Court to be correct in theur judgements. Don't we/
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
Aged, my dear! How are you? I hope all is well. As far as Knit's claim, her answer, or non answer rather, was to ask my uncle. Considering he's not the one who's making the claim, it would be rather idiotic to ask him. The thing is, I'd hate to think she'd lie on the Roman Catholic Church and spread a fallacy, however, if she had proof that photographing a gay wedding is a mortal sin per the Vatican, she would've produced it.
You don't understand, which is why she suggested that you ask your Uncle. It would seem the obvious that you would go to him to confirm what she said or to cease the opportunity to catch her in (what you are accusing her of)a lie. Personally i don't think that you want to understand.
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you show me official proof of this? I'd appreciate it.
We don't attend a celebration that offends God. What's not to understand. Don't you live by your morals and principle's? Your presence somewhere or lack of, speaks volumes.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 291,921 - 291,940 of305,074
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••