Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
286,421 - 286,440 of 305,158 Comments Last updated 18 min ago

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Probably because we aren't in a big snit about it, like you are.
How the press refers to this stillbirth, is nowhere near as relevant as the fact that she was charged with abuse of a corpse, and failing to report the death.
I wonder if No Relevance will name it?
Hmmmmm. No comment
feces for jesus

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, so my son who was born dead at 16 weeks spontaneous abortion) was my child. Thank you for acknowledging that I did in fact have a child.
Susan, how you choose to deal with your pregnancy is up to you. If you choose to say it was your child, I think most people would respect and honor your decision.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Young girls who are afraid are the one's. That find themselves at pp, and more then none they are "guided " into an abortion. I do "get it ", they think if this thing inside of me was just gone, then all would be ok, but most find out they are still in a mess.
I hope all worked out for your sister. I know several young girls who got pregnant at a young age, and their babies have really helped them, if nothing else, they learn the world isn't. All about them, and they must get it together, to help another who depends on them.
I can name a dozen, just off the top of my head, who went from party all night /sleep all day, to a responsible parent. It's. Not easy by any means, but many have parents /others who will help them, but wouldn't. Help them continue in their old lifestyle.
"Young girls who are afraid are the one's. That find themselves at pp, and more then none they are "guided " into an abortion."

G, if these same girls went into a religious place for counseling (Catholic Family Services comes to mind) they would be persuaded ("guided") to remain pregnant based on religious dogma. It's no different except that one suits the fundies here and one doesn't.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Our laws don't work that way, if they did we wouldn't have laws.
Are you suggesting that the law forces you, or anyone, to consider an abortion?

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Lets choose life wrote:
<quoted text>I think what your sis did would be considered pretty normal for any girl in that situation.
What do YOU know about "normal"?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
What do YOU know about "normal"?
That freak on the fringe? Absolutely nothing.

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
That freak on the fringe? Absolutely nothing.
And again. No comment

Did you read that story PLAYA,posted..

http://www.classicreader.com/book/1673/1/

Going to try to get to reading others,on there

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>The medical examiner is a physician...My money's on 'fetus'.
You can call it whatever you want, and so can the press. But if the medical examiner's report is published,'fetus' will be used rather than 'child', and it definitely won't say 'baby'.
My money is on referring to that poor child as the deceased stillborn .

Thus skirting the whole thing .
joe jo 25

Scranton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Hi! I am talking about space aliens now...I will
give you a web address....put this address in your
top browser line...galacticmessages.com... and then
click on "enter"...you will get alotof web
addresses...click on "no more galactic messages"....read about the space aliens...some
day we will no longer have abortions...we will
want every baby conceived!
Love, joe jo 25

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

She went into labor; the born baby was DOA. Are you really this dense or are you pretending not to know the difference?
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"The article states quite clearly what she faces charges of: concealing the death of a child,"
Concealing the death of a "child"??????? What "child"????

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

If I was damaged by exposure to religion, would I be wrong to fight for laws that prevent exposure to religion?
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
If I was in a car accident, wasn't wearing my seatbelt, and got injured, would I be wrong to fight for laws that require people to wear seatbelts?
Katie

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, so my son who was born dead at 16 weeks spontaneous abortion) was my child. Thank you for acknowledging that I did in fact have a child.
Gotta ask why it matters if *others* acknowledge it, Sue. I had a miscarriage at almost 24 weeks along. It was the only male I'd have had. I named him even. Same name as you named yours. But I don't think of him as a lost child. I think of him as a lost pregnancy, a lost potential. Something that never was more than he was... a developing fetus. Minus his kidneys.

It doesn't matter to me if you agree with me or not or if I agree with you or not. What matters to me is that I bore and raised three lovely daughters. Life is for the living. Our dead remain forever loved and forever remembered.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Equating a miscarriage with a stillborn takes a certain level of stupidity usually seen only in plankton.

YOU can call it a child if you wish, just like many people call their pets their children.
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
feces for jesus

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, I don't consider killing on demand medical treatment.
Speaking of the manipulation if language.......

If you choose to take this matter to such an extreme, expect an equal amount of resistance.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

I wonder why you even bother living a life where these puerile word games are all you have?
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder why pro"choicers" aren't up in arms about it being referred to as a child?

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Since it was a stillborn, the ME will refer to it as whatever their legal term for a neonate is. If the statute says "child", it will be regarded as such, regardless.
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>The medical examiner is a physician...My money's on 'fetus'.
You can call it whatever you want, and so can the press. But if the medical examiner's report is published,'fetus' will be used rather than 'child', and it definitely won't say 'baby'.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

My mother considered her two miscarriages as disappointments, and the born child who died as a tragedy. She gave birth 8 times and considered herself the mother of seven, as the one who died did so a month after birth.
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>It's odd, but at this point, I've lost seven, and I STILL consider myself a mother of two.
Go figure.
And thanks.

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

cpeter1313 wrote:
If I was damaged by exposure to religion, would I be wrong to fight for laws that prevent exposure to religion?
<quoted text>
IMO

Religion is a whole different thing than belief in God ..

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Fine. Prove your god exists.
Lets choose life wrote:
<quoted text>God calls that child a child at the moment of conception, you are saying that the law says differently, then we have to follow the law. YOUR words.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

cpeter1313 wrote:
My mother considered her two miscarriages as disappointments, and the born child who died as a tragedy. She gave birth 8 times and considered herself the mother of seven, as the one who died did so a month after birth.
<quoted text>
Your mother and I have a similar outlook. I considered 6 of my pregnancies 'disappointments', since they did not come to term, and the one who died at 23 a tragedy. Still do.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••