Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 305,713
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#302082 Jun 25, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, why don'tcha take a history lesson or two, you are very wrong. Do you want me to get Dan to explain it all to you again?
Lol no thanks knit.

not admitting what happened historically is foolish

not going into it here and you don't have to have your "big brother "
Come beat me up ..that's is childish .

And not fir this thread.

Just trying to clarify why Lutherans of the time were no longer considered Catholic..as was asked.

Location hidden

#302083 Jun 25, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a creative rearrangement of "Ink's" post.
Were it not for her original post being displayed directly above yours I might not have picked up on that and merely considered it "word salad."
;)
It's the absinthe ..I tell you ..you better check your supply!!!

Location hidden

#302084 Jun 25, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Consider yourself greeted!
Madame bows and thanks you for the greeting

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#302085 Jun 25, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>Well, you understood wrong, like you always do. The Four Aspects of Man (355)
"God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him, male and female he created them" (Gen 1:27). The following paragraphs will examine these four aspects of man:
He is in the image of God
He unites in his nature both the spiritual and material worlds
He is male and female
He enjoys a friendship with God
catholiccatachism---source
No, I did not misunderstand. That is what USED to be taught, as you know full well, you lying POS.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#302086 Jun 25, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
If that is what you call Catholics who protest and try to reform the Church.
In the case of Martin Luther who began the reformation, he was a Catholic priest fighting the heirachy until he began developing his own church in 1526.
Wrong. Martin Luther tried to get the RC church to return to the teachings of Christ, but instead of admitting that they were wrong they kicked him out. He never wanted to start his own church.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#302087 Jun 25, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe this will help.??
The ones who were Catholic but believed as,Luther and the other Reformers did ..that some things taught by the Church ...were nit correct....hnd if they we're passing out bibles. NOT FROM THE CC..who at the time weren't.passing them out.
They were declared heretics and thus excommunicated. And no longer considered Catholics
Now Church of England was basically Catholic in practice but declared Henry instead of the Pope as head..They also went after do called heretics.
Both groups had a problem with bibles..big time ..
I'm sure I missed something ..But it's a kind if nutshell
Oh, I knew the answer, Hon. I was trying to point out Ink's "confusion" over the subject of "Jewish Christians".

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#302088 Jun 25, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
What happen to Mt. Sinai in El Paso?
Other religions are in there using their temple.
No respect.
WTF are you talking about anyway?

Other faiths are using a synagogue building? What's wrong with that?

When a synagogue moves to a new location, they will ONLY sell their building to another synagogue, or barring that, to another faith that needs a spiritual and sanctified land.

Nothing disrespectful about it. I know of a few churches and synagogues that SHARE space. Again, nothing wrong with it.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#302089 Jun 25, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. Martin Luther tried to get the RC church to return to the teachings of Christ, but instead of admitting that they were wrong they kicked him out. He never wanted to start his own church.
That's how I always understood it as well.

Havent forgot you about the mail. I've been following that story, but havent had a chance to update myself with your link.

Getting ready to go get the Xray, so I'll read it when I get back.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#302090 Jun 25, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>That's how I always understood it as well.
Havent forgot you about the mail. I've been following that story, but havent had a chance to update myself with your link.
Good luck with that! I'm getting ready to go to bed, I'll be back on later.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#302092 Jun 25, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>What I posted, was always taught, you are wrong, admit it.
LOL, says the admitted LIAR. No, I'm not wrong. The teaching changed, to further the anti-choice fetus worshipping agenda. Period.

Location hidden

#302093 Jun 25, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I knew the answer, Hon. I was trying to point out Ink's "confusion" over the subject of "Jewish Christians".
Ahhh Jewish Christians ..a subject Madame does not discuss..now,Rose on the other hand..nah..not on this thread

Wait ... I get it now

Punches self in my feather...Lol. took me a while.

Location hidden

#302094 Jun 25, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF are you talking about anyway?
Other faiths are using a synagogue building? What's wrong with that?
When a synagogue moves to a new location, they will ONLY sell their building to another synagogue, or barring that, to another faith that needs a spiritual and sanctified land.
Nothing disrespectful about it. I know of a few churches and synagogues that SHARE space. Again, nothing wrong with it.
Good morning Miss Foo.
Be a,darling and
Let Madame know how the day goes.

Thanks,dearie

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#302097 Jun 25, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>No, the Church cannot change its doctrines no matter how badly some theologians may want it to or how loudly they claim it can. The doctrines of the Catholic Church are the deposit of faith revealed by Jesus Christ, taught by the apostles, and handed down in their entirety by the apostles to their successors. Since revealed truth cannot change, and since the deposit of faith is comprised of revealed truth, expressed in Scripture and Sacred Tradition, the deposit of faith cannot change.
While it's certainly true that our Lord's words to the apostles in Matthew 18:18-19 grant authority to the apostles to "bind" the members of the Church to believe the doctrines of the Church ("He who listens to you listens to me. He who rejects you rejects me and the one who sent me" [Luke 10:16]), the "loosing" spoken of in Mathew. 18:18 does not mean the apostles can modify doctrine.
The Church does not have the power to do the impossible, to change or delete divinely revealed truth which forms the deposit of faith. Rather, the concept of loosing, as it pertains to the apostles and their successors, has more to do the Church's ability to dispense individuals or the whole Church from observing certain ecclesiastical disciplines. There are many examples of this authority to bind and loose in the arena of Church discipline. Here are a few:
In the early Church married men were permitted to be ordained as priests in the West. This custom was changed in the tenth century and since then, in the Latin Rite, candidates for the priesthood must be celibate.
Until recent years it was forbidden under pain of mortal sin to eat meat on Fridays. The Church has "loosed" this discipline and now allows the faithful to eat meat on Fridays provided some other act of mortification is performed.
Prior to Vatican II, the pre-Communion fast extended from midnight until the time one received Communion; no food or water were to be consumed. This discipline was relaxed first to a three-hour fast and then to the one-hour fast the Church now observes.
Matthew 18 also refers to the Church's authority to bind and loose with regard to sin. Every priest has the authority of Christ to "loose" (absolve) penitents from their sins through the sacrament of confession (Jn 20:21-22, 2 Cor 5:18-20). The priest also has the obligation, in rare cases when he sees no evidence of contrition or an unwillingness on the part of the penitent to stop committing sin, to "bind" someone in their sins by refusing to grant him absolution until he evinces genuine contrition.
The faithful may gain indulgences through corporal and spiritual acts of charity, certain prayers, and pilgrimages, and are thus, by the authority of the Church's power to bind and loose, able to receive partial or complete remission of all temporal punishment due to sin. Through indulgences the Church may loose Christians from the duty of penance which would otherwise need to be performed.
Certain forms of excommunication may be "loosed" only by a bishop or, in graver circumstances, only by the Holy See.
Priests and religious who request it can be "loosed" (dispensed) from their vows of celibacy (and, in the case of religious, the vows of poverty and obedience).
None of these issues deals with doctrine as such (since doctrine is unchangeable) but with Church discipline, government, and penance.
catholicanswers.com We do not change bitler, you of all people should know that. YOU are wrong AGAIN.
And we've ALWAYS been at war with Eurasia, you Orwellian tool.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#302099 Jun 25, 2013
persnickety wrote:
"All past persecutors of the Church are now no more, but the Church still lives on. The same fate awaits modern persecutors; they, too, will pass on, but the Church of Jesus Christ will always remain, for God has pledged His Word to protect Her and be with Her forever, until the end of time." St. John Bosco
And what about all the people the Church persecuted?

Location hidden

#302102 Jun 25, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>You don't know what happened historically, you think Christ made copies, lol. Quit watching TBN.
Knit

My source is not TBN. which does have good Christian programming btw.

My source at least partially is Blessed John Paul Paul and no wonder the Church is fast tracking his sainthood..though I believe Jesus already took care of that.
(Odd thing the Church deciding who is a heavenly saint..But a,subject fir another day)

http://www.catholiceducation.org/articles/his...

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/a...

And these do not even touch on the subjects that started the REFORMATION though the contributed in the minds of Reformers.

But as,I said this forum may nit be the place for the discussion..

Location hidden

#302103 Jun 25, 2013
persnickety wrote:
"All past persecutors of the Church are now no more, but the Church still lives on. The same fate awaits modern persecutors; they, too, will pass on, but the Church of Jesus Christ will always remain, for God has pledged His Word to protect Her and be with Her forever, until the end of time." St. John Bosco
Here is whole list ..He is a saint and has brought the CC back to Christ's purpose Imo

The last two have following his lead..why do you persist unwittingly head-on the sand ..It's nit seen my to ignore his words is it?

You think I hate the Church..I don't...But being run by men not worthy to fill Peters shoes is a sad fact if life.
Look up Pope Borgia
Or this list of the Blessed Popes apologises

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_apologie...

But as I say this forum is nit the place..But you persist
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#302104 Jun 25, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>That's how I always understood it as well.
Foo is all "boo-hoo!" about a stone.

Meanwhile, she promotes the dismembering, squishing beating hearts, & crushing skulls of preborn babies.

Hypocritical coward.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#302105 Jun 25, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Foo, I grant you that I don't know much about other religions - raised Catholic, doncha know - but you are a bright bulb, so I thought to self - self, Foo knows what's what with the Lent.
Let's revisit my favorite comedian:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =LGrlWOhtj3gXX
Love Mr. Black!
"Foo, I grant you that I don't know much about other religions - raised Catholic, doncha know - but you are a bright bulb, so I thought to self - self, Foo knows what's what with the Lent." - Junket
________

"So I though to self - self, why am I such a kiss ass to Foo? Do I really lack that much self-esteem? Am I really so passive & wimpy that I have to be a kiss ass?" - What Junket actually meant

Location hidden

#302106 Jun 25, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Foo is all "boo-hoo!" about a stone.
Meanwhile, she promotes the dismembering, squishing beating hearts, & crushing skulls of preborn babies.
Hypocritical coward.
Madame has always thought that those who show no empathy for others,pain..No matter who they are...some day may find out
What true pain is.

But woukd nit wish this on anyone ... unborn babies nor adult humans..

Not a very nice comment .

Madame has been around a bit..a lady never tells her age..But being glad on another's pain usually cones back and bites one..physically or in one's soul..dontcha know.

“Post at your own risk”

Since: Sep 09

Whining is unbecoming

#302107 Jun 25, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
"Foo, I grant you that I don't know much about other religions - raised Catholic, doncha know - but you are a bright bulb, so I thought to self - self, Foo knows what's what with the Lent." - Junket
________
"So I though to self - self, why am I such a kiss ass to Foo? Do I really lack that much self-esteem? Am I really so passive & wimpy that I have to be a kiss ass?" - What Junket actually meant
Puddles! Does your IQ rival your waist size? I cannot imagine the horror you must have experienced as a child. Do you still have nightmares and wet your cot? It's so sad to see a grown (and deformed?) man such as yourself reduced to impotence.
:-(

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Florida governor hopefuls fight over women voters 6 hr OrlandoChris 1
Parents Upset After Students View Images Of Abo... Sep 19 godless by choice 1
Rally urges lawmakers to act on banning abortio... Sep 19 godless by choice 1
Planned Parenthood blasts Ernst in new ad Sep 19 Eleanor 7
Catholic League to sit out St. Patrick's Day pa... Sep 17 Christshariahns 76
Pence, 2016 hopefuls back 20-week abortion ban ... Sep 17 cpeter1313 6
Shifting his views, Rand Paul seeks broader app... Sep 15 Gary 2
•••

Abortion People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE