Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,815)

Showing posts 276,281 - 276,300 of304,942
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You dont know shit Gtown. You're a sanctimonious blowhard who ignores everything you dont like to hear.
Here's the FACTS - you dont know SHIT about where you stand with your g-d. You BELIEVE, but you have not one iota of proof. That's why they call it FAITH. ANd that's okay for you, but dont expect others to buy into your bullshit, PARTICULARLY when your jesus means less than nothing to them.
Your continual harassing and phony preaching here is a joke, nothing more, nothing less - and serves NO purpose but to turn people AWAY from you and your message.
Those are FACTS.
How do you spell irony?
Since I could've wrote this about you, but for sure your last statement.
it is not a fact, it is what YOU believe.

Not harrasing anyone, they and YOU may skip right over anything I post.
Take care :)
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that is my biggest frustration. I'm happy to hear someone else's viewpoint but to refuse to engage in a reasonable give and take is just proselytizing. And it is especially annoying when you refute a claim with data or logic and the denial continues as if nothing was said.
This was my frustration yesterday with Rosesz. I kept telling her what I'd said and meant. She kept saying, IF I'd meant that... as if I hadn't. As if her misinterpretation was correct.

<major eye roll>
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
"Given NO choice to abort they would adapt and the rate of unplanned pregnancy would go way down."
Yet we can see in real time that the South American countries who've recently criminalized abortions have seen the abortion rates go up as well as deaths of women needing abortion for harmful pregnancies.
We can also see in real time those European countries where abortion is not restricted at all, but the abortion rate is far below that of the United States.
This is reality. This is what's going on right now in the world.
YOU are wanting the USA to be like the Catholic countries where abortion is illegal. Where women die.
I want the USA to respect women by letting them make their own decisions. Combining inexpensive birth control and comprehensive sex education will bring down the numbers of annual abortions. Not restricting them into unsafe clinics like Gosnell ran.
It's as if the PL/AC group in its entirety *wants* clinics like Gosnell. So they can be like Ink and Sue. Who feel no qualms blaming the women themselves for going i

there.
It's disgustingly disrespectful of all American women.
I do not want clinics like Gosnell to exist at all..he existed for decades in the society we are in now.

Iam giving women a lot more credit for brains and strength..that is not disrespectful..and you saying that does not make it so..i have great respect for women. I just hate the bill of goods that passes as compassion. Once we have conceived..we either terminate our offspring or give birth..BUT it is a human life we end if we terminate. And women have not been taught this because it is inconvenient..The thing is..a lot of them look at ultrasounds later on of babies they want..and see the lie..to me this makes them victims too.

HOWEVER..we live in the free world ..Roe is law....and I agree with your statement that low cost BC and sexed SHOULD help bring rates down.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
They also like to include abiogenesis; "If you can't show me exactly where and how the first life formed then evolution is a lie". LOL
<quoted text>
If they keep it up, SCOTUS may decide Christianus Americanus Whackjobus is not fully homo-sapiens either.
You mean like, if you can't show me proof of God, then He's not real.
Science makes educated geusses after looking at all the facts and data they have.
I do the same thing...after seeing e
What I was before the night I.met God, and after -I truly believe there is a God :)
Chick Brilliance Returns

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You're speculating without basis. In fact, the situations in developed countries where abortion is absolutely illegal prove you wrong. They have just as many abortions in those countries as we do, they're just illegal and not as safe. And in those countries with fewer laws than ours, there tend to be fewer abortions as well.
Did you know that in Canada, which has no restrictions on abortion, only slightly over 64,000 were performed during the latest recorded year? In fact, since 1969, there have been less than 4 million abortions performed in the entire country.
Whats worse is that she said ending abortion would lower UNPLANNED PREGNANCY, not just abortion. Simply stupid claim. High numbers of unplanned pregnancies BEFORE ROE were the reason PP was founded in the first place. Same with fighting to make abortion legal. Women were abortion those pregnancies in unsafe conditions after it was made totally illegal in the US. Women did not demand these things because every freaking pregnancy was planned and wanted BEFORE Roe. smh. Rose does not think. She just regurgitates nonsense.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

cpeter1313 wrote:
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's horrendous to lose a loved one, but time really does dull the pain. You have a family who loves you and needs you. There is comfort in that.
When my mother passedon in november, there were few tears--not because we didn't care, far from it. It's because we knew that's not what she wanted for us. We were to celebrate her life, not mourn her passing. She lives within us as long as we remember her. I'm sure your son would want you to be happy; it's possibly the hardest thing you can do for him.
<quoted text>
Terrific post and I am sure you are right about what wouls make her son happy. I dont think any loved one wants to see us unhappy after they pass. Losing my dad at 9 and my mom 30 years ago still makes me cry..but I am sure tgey would hate seeing me sad.
Chick Brilliance Returns

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Demonstrate ignoramce wrote:
<quoted text>Your child was precious and worthy but others aren't be wise their mom might not want them? What a hypocrite you are to advocate killing.
F*ck you, scum. There is no killing in abortion.
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Your number is a bit misleading:
CONTRACEPTIVE USE
Fifty-four percent of women who have abortions had used a contraceptive method (usually the condom or the pill) during the month they became pregnant. Among those women, 76% of pill users and 49% of condom users report having used their method inconsistently, while 13% of pill users and 14% of condom users report correct use.[8]
Forty-six percent of women who have abortions had not used a contraceptive method during the month they became pregnant. Of these women, 33% had perceived themselves to be at low risk for pregnancy, 32% had had concerns about contraceptive methods, 26% had had unexpected sex and 1% had been forced to have sex.[8]
Eight percent of women who have abortions have never used a method of birth control; nonuse is greatest among those who are young, poor, black, Hispanic or less educated.[8]
About half of unintended pregnancies occur among the 11% of women who are at risk for unintended pregnancy but are not using contraceptives. Most of these women have practiced contraception in the past.[9,10]
http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_induced_abo...
IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Gummacher, 89% of women who are at risk of unintended pregnancy currently use contraception. What is 'sky high' to you?

Sue wrote:
" About half of unintended pregnancies occur among the 11% of women who are at risk for unintended pregnancy but are not using contraceptives. Most of these women have practiced contraception in the past.[9,10]"

====

Sue? What does 100-11=? You see this last paragraph where it states, "About half of unintended pregnancies occur among the 11% of women who are at risk for unintended pregnancy but are not using contraceptives."??

Do you see where the op wrote, "According to Gummacher, 89% of women who are at risk of unintended pregnancy currently use contraception."

What, exactly, was misleading about the number. Please, be very specific.
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I have a hard time 'agreeing' that my 23 year old son's death 2 years ago was a 'good' thing, or that he's in a 'better' place than HERE.
With US.
I miss him so much, and don't 'know' that I'll ever see him again - all I know, is that he's not here.
I feel like a withered husk without him.
If I really thought there was a heaven, and that he was in it, I'd have killed myself two years ago to get there. I think about doing that every day - but I don't want my husband or my living son to miss me like they miss their Alex. It would hurt them.
So I stay.
You and yours are in my thoughts ... for as long as the unmatched pain is ... which is the rest of your life. He is alive in your memories, in your pictures of him, and in all the discussions where he is included. He will not be forgotten.
IRYW

Berwyn, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
This was my frustration yesterday with Rosesz. I kept telling her what I'd said and meant. She kept saying, IF I'd meant that... as if I hadn't. As if her misinterpretation was correct.
<major eye roll>
I had to stop in for one last peek before I take a long break from topix. Rosesz is a strange one. She appears to want to be reasonable but can't let go of certain intrenched positions. Have fun.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

I'd like to offer a general thank-you to all those who posted to me about the loss of my son. You folks are very kind, and I greatly appreciate your thoughtfulness. CPeter, you are correct in that he wouldn't want me to be sad...but when it comes on, I have to feel it fully, or it would fester inside me and he wouldn't want that either.

And thanks also, for listening - I don't talk about it here very often, because I don't really like sharing my pain with people who didn't know him - but he was a large part of my world, and the hole he left behind is vast and often terrible. Sometimes talking about it helps, if only a little.
I hope everyone has a lovely day!
Chick Brilliance Returns

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Gummacher, 89% of women who are at risk of unintended pregnancy currently use contraception. What is 'sky high' to you?
Sue wrote:
" About half of unintended pregnancies occur among the 11% of women who are at risk for unintended pregnancy but are not using contraceptives. Most of these women have practiced contraception in the past.[9,10]"
====
Sue? What does 100-11=? You see this last paragraph where it states, "About half of unintended pregnancies occur among the 11% of women who are at risk for unintended pregnancy but are not using contraceptives."??
Do you see where the op wrote, "According to Gummacher, 89% of women who are at risk of unintended pregnancy currently use contraception."
What, exactly, was misleading about the number. Please, be very specific.
Good luck with that. Don't be distracted by whatever red herring or straw man she issues instead of answering your question. ;)
IRYW

Berwyn, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like, if you can't show me proof of God, then He's not real.
Something like that. The claim isn't that no gods exist or could exist. It is that despite your claims, no evidence has ever been provided for any of the thousands of gods imagined by man. Evidence means empirical, testable evidence, not your anecdotal stories.
Gtown71 wrote:
<
Science makes educated geusses after looking at all the facts and data they have.
That is barely the beginning of science. Observations lead to hypotheses (educated guesses). Predictions are made and tested. If the results support the hypothesis, the data is published in peer reviewed journals where other scientists try as hard as possible to falsify your data. Only after rigorous and repeated testing is a hypothesis accepted as valid; with enough data and tests over time a theory is formed.
Gtown71 wrote:
<.
I do the same thing...
No, you stop at the guess or belief. There is no empirical evidence to share with others, there are no controlled tests in the lab, there is no data to support your claim.
Gtown71 wrote:
<.after seeing e
What I was before the night I.met God, and after -I truly believe there is a God :)
I know you believe that. And I cannot disprove there isn't one. I can't prove leprechauns don't exist. I can't prove the universe wasn't created last Thursday by the FSM who implanted false memories in all our brains to make it seem older. Nor do I question whether you had a transformative experience. I've had them. Billions of others have. Only some attribute them to your god. Many others have other gods they attribute them to. I attribute those experiences to the normal workings of the human brain, which, by the way, is the only conclusion that can be tested in the lab. And it has been tested in the lab. We know the brain is capable of deluding itself; so I don't doubt you are serious, I just know you cannot possibly KNOW there is a god in any sense of the work 'know' having value.
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
I had to stop in for one last peek before I take a long break from topix. Rosesz is a strange one. She appears to want to be reasonable but can't let go of certain intrenched positions. Have fun.
You have fun, too!!
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Chick Brilliance Returns wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck with that. Don't be distracted by whatever red herring or straw man she issues instead of answering your question. ;)
LOL She'll just criticize in her usual way.
Or ignore it altogether. 4215
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
Something like that. The claim isn't that no gods exist or could exist. It is that despite your claims, no evidence has ever been provided for any of the thousands of gods imagined by man. Evidence means empirical, testable evidence, not your anecdotal stories.
<quoted text>
That is barely the beginning of science. Observations lead to hypotheses (educated guesses). Predictions are made and tested. If the results support the hypothesis, the data is published in peer reviewed journals where other scientists try as hard as possible to falsify your data. Only after rigorous and repeated testing is a hypothesis accepted as valid; with enough data and tests over time a theory is formed.
<quoted text>
No, you stop at the guess or belief. There is no empirical evidence to share with others, there are no controlled tests in the lab, there is no data to support your claim.
<quoted text>
I know you believe that. And I cannot disprove there isn't one. I can't prove leprechauns don't exist. I can't prove the universe wasn't created last Thursday by the FSM who implanted false memories in all our brains to make it seem older. Nor do I question whether you had a transformative experience. I've had them. Billions of others have. Only some attribute them to your god. Many others have other gods they attribute them to. I attribute those experiences to the normal workings of the human brain, which, by the way, is the only conclusion that can be tested in the lab. And it has been tested in the lab. We know the brain is capable of deluding itself; so I don't doubt you are serious, I just know you cannot possibly KNOW there is a god in any sense of the work 'know' having value.
After telling my conversion story to a man once, he told me what happened to me was great, but I didn't have to get all religious about it.

I truly thought about what he said, but was kept reminded that the "thing " that woke me up in the first place was God, and after that night, I had a deep desire to read a bible and watch hours and hours for days and weeks of preaching????
Before that night I wanted zero, zip, NOTHING to do with God or a bible.

Plus my God put in His word, that one must accept Him by faith, not proof.

He's God and that's how He chose to set it up.

Would you agree if there was a God, that that God can do as He wills?
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Chick Brilliance Returns wrote:
<quoted text>
Whats worse is that she said ending abortion would lower UNPLANNED PREGNANCY, not just abortion. Simply stupid claim. High numbers of unplanned pregnancies BEFORE ROE were the reason PP was founded in the first place. Same with fighting to make abortion legal. Women were abortion those pregnancies in unsafe conditions after it was made totally illegal in the US. Women did not demand these things because every freaking pregnancy was planned and wanted BEFORE Roe. smh. Rose does not think. She just regurgitates nonsense.
Hello Chicky.one thinv is when Pp started and I ghought it ws great..its main purpose was family planning..using things likd BC pills which were nes at thr time
I know from your post you get frustrated because I sm stubborn..sorry for the frustration.
However..if you had truly understood my long post on the last page you would ..to bd fair..admit that I am not just regurgitating. I was there. I have my own experiences and common sense. I do not have to read off of anyone elses ideas.

If you do not see that..i cannot help that. If you disagree with md..which you do..at least grant that I am sincere..and not just spouting from some agenda.

I know Roe is law. I along with Rie am sorry it hapoened. Unfortunately all I can do is hope and pray that with education..bc..and maybe a change in climate..that thd njmbers go down..and some wlmen CHOOSE to save their offspring or use messures to be safe..
Peace
IRYW

Berwyn, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
After telling my conversion story to a man once, he told me what happened to me was great, but I didn't have to get all religious about it.
I truly thought about what he said, but was kept reminded that the "thing " that woke me up in the first place was God,
You have no idea what woke you up. You concluded it was 'god' because you couldn't think of any other reason. This is called the argument from ignorance (if you can't think of another explanation, god did it). It is a common logical fallacy.
Gtown71 wrote:
<, and after that night, I had a deep desire to read a bible and watch hours and hours for days and weeks of preaching????
YOu wanted to read the bible because you are in a mostly christian country. Had this happened in the middle east you would have wanted the koran. Obviously you were searching for something missing in your life if you suddenly wanted to find religion.
Gtown71 wrote:
<,Before that night I wanted zero, zip, NOTHING to do with God or a bible.
Consciously or subconsciously?
Gtown71 wrote:
<,Plus my God put in His word, that one must accept Him by faith, not proof.
Circular reasoning. Begging the question. You assume the bible is the word of 'god' and that god must exist because the bible says so. Do you understand how insane this sort of thinking is?
Gtown71 wrote:
<,.
Would you agree if there was a God, that that God can do as He wills?
Not at all. There could be a god that has limited powers and that made the universe by accident. There could be a god that has huge powers and no control over them. There could be what you call a god that is not conscious but causes things by its nature. Just a few of many possibilities.

Final post; got to go.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
I do sppreciate your post. I hope you read my last long post to playa as to why I feel as I do.
And I know I am entrenched or as chicky says stubborn. I pkead guilty.

If you read..you can understand why. It is faith based but even more personal.. as I said I thank God there was no Roe when I was in troubke. At 16 I was desperate and cannot say what I would have done for sure. I hope I still would have valued my sons life..but I was a stupid kid.

But all I need to do to know I was right is look at my son..his wife and my grandchild..and being reunited was the greatest miracle God could have given me. I would be spitting it in His face to support elective abortion in any way. So all the arguments in the world are not going to change my mind..
IRYW

Berwyn, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I do sppreciate your post. I hope you read my last long post to playa as to why I feel as I do.
And I know I am entrenched or as chicky says stubborn. I pkead guilty..
Ok the REAL final post deserves to go to you. Yes, you are stubborn and entrenched.
rosesz wrote:
If you read..you can understand why. It is faith based but even more personal.. as I said I thank God there was no Roe when I was in troubke. At 16 I was desperate and cannot say what I would have done for sure. I hope I still would have valued my sons life..but I was a stupid kid..
It may be personal but it is not unique. There are over 6 billion people on the planet. Pregnancy and birth aren't miracles. They are more like a plague to the planet.......
rosesz wrote:
But all I need to do to know I was right is look at my son..his wife and my grandchild...
Glad you feel that way. Why do you demand that other women, who are desperate not to have a child, cave in to your wishes?
rosesz wrote:
......was the greatest miracle God could have given me..
You also need to understand that your belief in a god has nothing to do with the legal issues of Roe. There is no evidence for a god so the only variables are legal ones. Get over it. Are you insisting that pregnant atheists should adopt your position on a god?
rosesz wrote:
... I would be spitting it in His face to support elective abortion in any way..
How do you know? Even if there was a god, you have categorically no way to know what it wants. Maybe it wants unwanted fetuses to be aborted.
rosesz wrote:
... So all the arguments in the world are not going to change my mind..
And this is really the only statement that matters. This is why I call you the American Taliban. In a world where there is constant change, new information that is discovered, new inventions and procedures, you are sure that you alone have a lock on permanent truth that could not possibly change, no matter what the evidence. In any other arena than religion, this qualifies for commitment to a mental institution. I'm 100% serious.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 276,281 - 276,300 of304,942
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••