Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 309,309
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Read more
STO

Vallejo, CA

#282808 Feb 7, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you even know what a real christian looked like? Lop
She knows me!

: D
STO

Vallejo, CA

#282809 Feb 7, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop your ridiculous claim I don't know a newborn is a newborn is a newborn. Am so sorry you still weren't able to separate the answer to a hypothetical question from reality. Unlike JM, I kept my answer as hypothetical as the question was since I realize there is not an instant moment fetus becomes baby. That it's a process.
Aren't you tired of being thought of as a ridiculous ninny with nothing better to do than trying to outsmart your betters?
You think you're funny, sly, clever. You are none of those things.
If you were, I'd agree with you on some things. I don't. You stick with your emotional manipulations and I'll stick with facts. I do know the difference between the two. Unlike you, who is willing to steal women's civil rights out from under them like a thief in the night.
Not like a theif in the night, Katie. She's not that slick. More like a clumsy armed robbery with no ammo.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#282810 Feb 7, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe we should make all health care issues legal?
Elise, as I've stated many times, how I understand how "some "girls would seek an abortion, but there are people who are born male and want their penis removed, and visa versa some are born female and want a penis, and as you know it goes further.
There have been people who have amputated both legs, because they felt like that's what they wanted.
Should we allow people "women " who wish to cut off both legs, the right to do so.
I mean, my take is if you want to kill your baby, at any stage of life, then do it. I just am not going to be ok, or support your choice. Same as cutting off limbs, just do it.
Abortion is a huge issue in this country, and what made those judges think they could make a call on something that affects soo many, is beyound me.
I think, that they knew it would not be legal, if left up to the people.
Many who say they are for abortion, would not have put their name on a paper stating to vote it in. Knowing they would be a forever part of each and every abortion.
So, when a frozen embryo is destroyed, do you equate that with "killing a baby"?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#282811 Feb 7, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all who oppose abortion are religious at all, and women who have had an abortion DO REGRET having one.
There was one on here not so long ago, and we seen how all of you "we are for womens right to choose " people did to her.
She disagreed with you that was her choice. You called her everything but a free willed woman.
You are no different than most liberals. You believe wholeheartedly in free speech, as long as that free speech lines up with your free speech.
Some women regret their choice. That doesn't justify removing the choice.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#282812 Feb 7, 2013
A good woman? I know a lot of good women; many of them are lesbians. They are great friends and that's it. Maybe you need a good woman--or a very bad one.

I'm sure you have no idea what relief means. Neither does anyone you've slept with:

I wasn't interested in teens when I was a teen; I certainly have no interest now. BTW--pedophilia concerns prepubescent children. Just one of the quadrillions of things you don't know.

Mom's dead. She would not have put up with a momma's boy; we were raised to be self-sufficient and independent.
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what you need. A good woman.
Relief? I don't know what that means.
Yes, he liked tall blond guys with no body hair. Can't imagine why.
If you were into teens - you would never admit it.. Would you? A gay pedophile.
You need a good woman to whip you into shape. You would be amazed at the difference. Well? I'll find one for you. Gee, that could be difficult because you are such a momma's boy.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#282813 Feb 7, 2013
You know absolutely nothing. Your every post confirms it.

I was actually being nice. Using "lesbo" just makes you a common bigot. "Arrogant bitch" is far too kind for the likes of you.

I taught safe sex to save lives. I'm not a self-righteous prig; I don't tell others what is right and wrong. Sex is normal and healthy; if you dislike that FACT...who really cares? You're just an arrogant bigot.

I know a lot more about gays and their family than you ever will, because you know noting. Prove your idiotic heory about militant lesbians. Surely you or your "expert" can link to peer-reviewed data.

You've never been through the adoption process, have you? It's intensive. The only way "nutty" people can adopt is by buying a kid overseas. People with no rapport with kids have no INTEREST in adoption.

Let's see...you call women "lesbos" and toss out completely unsubstatiated pseudofacts, and I'M prejudiced? What an utter fool you are.
Guppy wrote:
<text>
YOU have a very difficult time with the truth. You are blinded by prejudice.
You say the strangest things. People say lesbo because they aren't smart enough to say lesbian. You know that's not true. I won't even go there, it's just too dumb.
Instead of teaching safe sex. Why don't you explain to your fellow gays that having hundreds of partners is just plain wrong. They should have more respect for themselves. I mean really, what is the deal with that?
What have I done? Oh nothing. Just lying on the sofa eating bon bon s.
Wrong about militants. Prejudice much? They take their anger out on their partners and kids. I know for a fact. You don't.
Nutty people adopt, buddy.
Try to be more realistic. You lose your credibility when you are so prejudiced. I know it's difficult, but just try, for me?? Thank you.
Anonymous

United States

#282814 Feb 7, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have me mixed up with someone else. I've never said I'm "against" abortion. I've never said I'm "for" abortion. I believe all citizens should retain their civil rights. When one group is discriminated against, we all lose.
You never challenged my "sad attempt". All you could do was repeat, "no it doesn't! no it doesn't!". I gave you the translations. I backed up my claim. You can't say the same.
<quoted text>
There is a difference between discerning and judging. You judge people. And you don't have that authority.
<quoted text>
I don't know of anyone here who thinks "little about (my) Jesus". I know quite a few that don't believe He existed. I understand where they're coming from. I can't force them to believe. That would be impossible. If they ever come to believe, it won't be because of me. However, I leave the door open for any of them to ever ask me anything they want. If I judged them and insulted them like you do, I wouldn't be doing Christianity any favors.
<quoted text>
Then it's you that needs to go back and study.
I thought you said you were against abortion, and I know you said you thought LTA was bad, but yea I've noticed you are very Lukewarm on abortion.
Just to be clear, you are judging me for judging others right?
I've already said how I and many mess it up, but sto holding peoples hand as they're on their way to hell is not doing them a favor.mmas far as your verses you claim on abortion, there is no study needed.

I can tell you that the bible says only men are to make coffee, and back up my claim by telling you it says so in the book of "He brews ". Lol

You don't seem to mind crossing sassy and others civil liberties for standing up for what she believes.

Your biggest thing seems to be telling others they don't have the authority to judge, but you feel you do, plus you feel you have the same power to choose who lives or dies, while they are in a womans womb.

Sorry I forgot, you haven't said either way..........

You say your tactic is to leave the door open, just in case anyone wants to ask you a question, so If any of them asked you what the bible says, and what you believe about adultery, fornication, homosexuals what would you say?
Anonymous

United States

#282815 Feb 7, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
You know absolutely nothing. Your every post confirms it.
I was actually being nice. Using "lesbo" just makes you a common bigot. "Arrogant bitch" is far too kind for the likes of you.
I taught safe sex to save lives. I'm not a self-righteous prig; I don't tell others what is right and wrong. Sex is normal and healthy; if you dislike that FACT...who really cares? You're just an arrogant bigot.
I know a lot more about gays and their family than you ever will, because you know noting. Prove your idiotic heory about militant lesbians. Surely you or your "expert" can link to peer-reviewed data.
You've never been through the adoption process, have you? It's intensive. The only way "nutty" people can adopt is by buying a kid overseas. People with no rapport with kids have no INTEREST in adoption.
Let's see...you call women "lesbos" and toss out completely unsubstatiated pseudofacts, and I'M prejudiced? What an utter fool you are.
<quoted text>
Did you ever watch Brave heart, with Mel Gibson?

Sex is natural, but gay sex is not.

I geuss if you're going to be gay, then you live in a pretty good time, since up to the 70's it was looked at as a mental disorder.

I know, and have know several gay men and women. They come in all shapes and sizes from all walks of life. I don't see much difference in being gay with any other sexual sin, but most who are gay don't view being gay as a sin, some do.

There may be safer sex, but no such thing as safe sex, unless two people are married, and have only known each other.
Yes sex can be pleasurable, and exciting, but we have now gotten to a point where kids younger and younger are having "safe sex ",we are not getting better as a society by teaching safe sex, and we sure are not getting better by sending a message, to kids that they are no longer held accountable for their actions.

Anyone can look at our school system since the 70's and tell its headed south fast.
Ocean56

AOL

#282818 Feb 8, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
Calling me "anti-choice" is no different then me labeling you "pro-death". Now if you want to refer to my position for what it is, pro-life, then I can stop calling you pro-death or baby killer, which is what your position defends. You can pretend new labels changes the reality and the argument, but it does not.
Personally, I couldn't care less what you call me. As far as I'M concerned, you're ANTI-CHOICE because you want women to have NO choice other than pregnancy and birth. Don't like that term? Tough.
Ocean56

AOL

#282819 Feb 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
If men were the ones having babies -ocean would be pro -life, and fight against abortion, just as hard as she fights for it now.
Anyone who reads her post know it!
She just doesn't care much for men.
Oh PLEASE, is this nonsense really the best you can do? Obviously, it is, which is typical of anti-choice religionists. By the way, I like men just fine. I just don't care for anti-choice guys that are STUCK IN THE PAST by several decades or even two centuries.
Obskeptic

Farmington, MI

#282820 Feb 8, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Three men? that's not even a decent weekend.
Not your father's type? What, he liked tall blond guys with no body hair? Or did he just fondle you for relief?
Not into teens. I like'em at least in their thirties.
<quoted text>
So did you ever make a road trip to Chicago and blow the president in the mens clubs he and Rahm used to frequent back in the day of being a state senator? He loved the older white men getting on their knees to service him. I am fifty one and have had two partners my entire life. The girl I thought I was going to marry, and the one I actually did. Twenty six years of monogamy and I still get butterflies when we are together.
Ocean56

AOL

#282822 Feb 8, 2013
Niether of the Above wrote:
Your right, it is human biology. Now the Anti-Choice religion thing does have some history behind it. The fact that Roe v Wade made motherhood optional from a legal standpoint doen't diminish the arguement the choice made prevents another human from entering the universe! One may call it archaic beliefs, but for many those beliefs have survived over 2000 years of history, not many can make that claim! You don't believe, fine, you have that right, but those who believe, also have that right.
You can believe whatever archaic nonsense you want, I don't believe I ever said you don't. I have the SAME right to CALL those beliefs archaic nonsense, whether you like my doing so or not.

It is indeed archaic to believe that women have NO other valid function than reproduction. Motherhood IS optional, whether anti-choicers like that fact or not.
Ocean56

AOL

#282823 Feb 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
Not all who oppose abortion are religious at all, and women who have had an abortion DO REGRET having one.
Yes, and there are also quite a few women who DON'T regret having an abortion. They only regretted GETTING pregnant in the first place.

http://www.imnotsorry.net
Ocean56

AOL

#282824 Feb 8, 2013
For all the prochoicers here; have you all noticed that in just about all cases of teen pregnancy, it is usually the girl who gets blamed for getting pregnant but almost never the guy who GOT her pregnant? I have, and it drives me nuts. The idea of blaming ONLY the girl is idiotic, but most anti-choice morons are BACKWARD enough to support it.

Personally, I think the question of WHOSE idea was it to have sex in the first place really needs to be asked in these cases. I believe it DOES matter, because after all, it takes TWO people, a girl AND a guy, to create a pregnancy.

That being said, I also think it is vital for girls to realize that whatever dreams they have of a college/vocational education and a job/career after that could easily be destroyed if they make the mistake of having sex and possibly getting pregnant.

IMO the most important question a girl who has dreams of education and career after high school must ask herself is: "is having sex worth having all my education and career dreams ruined if I get pregnant?" The obvious answer to that is "NO, it is NOT worth the risk of getting pregnant and then being stuck with a baby. It is NOT worth my having to give up all my dreams of a good education and career. So I will NOT do it, even if a guy says he'll break up with me."

Asking and answering that ONE vital question could make it much easier for a girl to dump an immature boyfriend who keeps pressuring her to have sex. Guys who keep pressuring girls to have sex before they've even graduated high school aren't worth keeping as boyfriends in the first place. So ladies, if a guy threatens to break up with you if you don't have sex with him, DON'T give in. Break up with HIM instead.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#282825 Feb 8, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Not like a theif in the night, Katie. She's not that slick. More like a clumsy armed robbery with no ammo.
I meat thief in the night, STO. She wraps up a box all pretty and tops it with a bow, but all she's wanting to do is shove women into it. Or worse, invite them in with her. And all she has is manipulation as a means. Now, you wanna talk clumsy? Gtown.
Anonymous

United States

#282828 Feb 8, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I meat thief in the night, STO. She wraps up a box all pretty and tops it with a bow, but all she's wanting to do is shove women into it. Or worse, invite them in with her. And all she has is manipulation as a means. Now, you wanna talk clumsy? Gtown.
So I'm clumsy. I COULD BE WORSE, AND HAVE BEEN WORSE.:)
I THINK YOU SEEM TO BE GENUINE, unlike some who can't get past name calling, and I to can get sucked into the game, but get tired of it.

I just wish pro choice could give solid reasons why abortion should be kept as is, even though they do not have to say a word. I just wish they would.

I truly wonder if the number of abortions done each day bothers them, but they may be afraid to say, becouse it may show weakness?

Anyway I'm bad at being good, but not good at being bad. Lol
There is a reason for that, and I cannot get away with things, that perhaps others can :)
Ocean56

AOL

#282829 Feb 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
You don't seem to mind crossing sassy and others civil liberties for standing up for what she believes.
Why should he. You may not like it, and of course I couldn't care less that you don't, but there's nothing wrong with challenging stupid and ARCHAIC beliefs. That is especially true when religionists like sASSy make it clear they want to impose these toxic beliefs on ALL people.

You have the right to believe whatever archaic nonsense you want. I have the same right to CALL such beliefs nonsense. That's how freedom of speech works. Whether YOU like that freedom or not is irrelevant.
Anonymous

United States

#282830 Feb 8, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh PLEASE, is this nonsense really the best you can do? Obviously, it is, which is typical of anti-choice religionists. By the way, I like men just fine. I just don't care for anti-choice guys that are STUCK IN THE PAST by several decades or even two centuries.
It was at the time :)
I'm all for womens right to choose!
They can choose which pots and pans to use, and woman stuff like that!
I think ever man likes a stronge woman, who can make choices without having to rely on the man all the time, and without having to force the man to use his belt.
Men don't like having to do that kinda stuff. Lol

I hope you know I'm kidding.
Now you need to let your man sleep in, in the morning, and if you don't have one get one, becouse it is not good for wo man to be alone :)
Ocean56

AOL

#282831 Feb 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
Did you ever watch Brave heart, with Mel Gibson?
Sex is natural, but gay sex is not.
It's not for YOU or any other homophobic religionist to decide for anyone else what is "natural" or not. Anti-contraception imbeciles believe sex is ONLY for the purpose of procreation. They would probably say "sex is natural, but contraception is not."

As for the man-made invention of "sin," I have only ONE way to describe it: S.I.N.= Self-Inflicted NONSENSE. Your constant ranting about "sin" is another reason why I kicked the toxic baggage of gods, religions and churches to the curb over 20 years ago. It's wonderful how much freedom I have when I'm NOT shackled with such ridiculous beliefs like "birth control is a sin."
Kenose

Bellmore, NY

#282832 Feb 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well as far as me having the facts I need, yes I do, becouse my boring story I tell all the time, is enough facts for me. Yet even I had to believe it by faith, the night He woke me up. There was No mistaking who He was, but again I did not see Him or hear Him audibly,but I did Hear and see Him spiritualy.
No one or thing has ever been able to answer my question on how what was done was done. I have had many try,but they left out God, and gave me credit for wanting to clean my life up and doing it, and as good as that soonded, it was wrong, plus like I stated before -I never never never wanted anything to do with any church or any religious people. Those that was in my wifes family that was, knew better then to try and convert me, so that's all the facts I need.
Plus to hear stories about how so many more had their lives changed, and the to give all CREDIT TO GOD. They,like me DO NOT BOAST, about how great they are.
Now you have to decide by faith to believe or not believe my story or Gods?
I realize I mess up, since I'm human, and I mess up alot, but I just try to show all others where God is, when, if they say anything at all to you about God, most only invite you to "their " club house, and tell you how wonderful their club is. I try and tell you how wonderful God is. Plus many more read this :)
Your personal experience is not objective proof of anything. I am sorry you are unable to understand simple, English terms.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays (Oct '07) 15 hr Brian_G 219,860
News New Hampshire senator resurrects kids' hawk bil... Mon Abrahamanic Relig... 1
News Jilted ex-boyfriend puts up abortion billboard (Jun '11) Mon Mr T 390
News Activist: "Abortion Threatens Black America's F... (Sep '12) Mon cpeter1313 5,620
News Pelosi irks some allies with bipartisan bill Mar 29 Slamabambam 2
News Arizona Legislature OKs abortion medication req... Mar 28 SirPrize 10
News Right to life protesters march in Ruidoso Mar 28 Mr T 4
More from around the web