Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310174 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#282786 Feb 7, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Your obsession with me is getting creepy. Please try to stop it. I'm asking nicely.
I can see her as a rabid crazed stalker. I find it's best to ignore fked up sickos like that one.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#282787 Feb 7, 2013
Susanm wrote:
Hey foo, and anyone else in the northeast, stay warm and safe theis weekend!!
Thanks for the kind thought.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#282788 Feb 7, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Oops. Sorry, I didn't see you there.
Now you've done it.

Doc is gonna say you're a homophobe.
Anonymous

United States

#282789 Feb 7, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
WHY cant you have a discussion without LYING? I have never at any time, said ANYONE'S faith was "fake".
I HAVE said YOU are spouting bullshit. I have ALSO said that you're free to practice whatever version of your "faith" you want, but you are NOT free to impose it on others, nor are you welcome to lie about others OR their faiths and expect you're going to be allowed to lie as you DO unchallanged.
<quoted text>
And here, for just one MORE example, you are lying again.
I will call you a liar when you lie. Deal with it.
<quoted text>
I respect it enough to not allow your kind to lie about it.
<quoted text>
You're LYING when you claim you're not lying. You've lied in THIS post alone three times already.
A person only "misspeaks" ONCE. When you've been corrected AND given links verifying the facts, and you CONTINUE to post bullshit, THEN it becomes an outright lie. And you certainly do REPEATEDLY lie.
<quoted text>
If you're speaking of your version of jesus, he's only YOUR 'one true g-d', he's meaningless to anyone that's not a christian, and CERTAINLY not a g-d. And further, he's been dead for some time now, he's not saying anything.
<quoted text>
The Jewish faith is not a club you moron, but yes, yo'ure right when you csay only certain people are wanted.
If you bothered to read the links I left, you'd know why.
You are not only a stupid man, you are perfectly happy to remain in ignorant bliss.
See foo IT IS A WORD GAME WITH YOU. No you have never said others religion was FAKE, but then look at what you say in the same post.

YOU LIE ABOUT OTHERS LYING. LOL LOL LOL

You just hate the fact, that I tell others about God, face it.

No matter what name you wish to use, since God has many names, but YOU KNOW that no matter what name you use, God will never be ok with your lifestyle.

You hate a Holy God and any who represent Him.

You love death, and that of the most vulnerable of humans.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#282791 Feb 7, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
See foo IT IS A WORD GAME WITH YOU. No you have never said others religion was FAKE, but then look at what you say in the same post.
I said YOU are a fake you moron, NOT your "faith". You are one of the phoniest so called christians here.
You just hate the fact, that I tell others about God, face it.
Hmmm. Nope. That's a moronic comment actually, since your jebus isn't g-d to me. In fact, you "telling people" about your version of g-d does more to TURN PEOPLE AWAY from your version of "faith".

Boring folks and pissing people off in the NAME of your version of g-d isn't telling people about g-d ya dummy.
You hate a Holy God and any who represent Him.
You love death, and that of the most vulnerable of humans.
And once again, you OUTRIGHT lie. Carry on freak.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#282792 Feb 7, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I said YOU are a fake you moron, NOT your "faith". You are one of the phoniest so called christians here.
<quoted text>
Hmmm. Nope. That's a moronic comment actually, since your jebus isn't g-d to me. In fact, you "telling people" about your version of g-d does more to TURN PEOPLE AWAY from your version of "faith".
Boring folks and pissing people off in the NAME of your version of g-d isn't telling people about g-d ya dummy.
<quoted text>
What? Another faux-Christian?
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#282793 Feb 7, 2013
Elise from Boston reminds me of X.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#282796 Feb 7, 2013
What does religion have to do with abortion?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#282800 Feb 7, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I've seen your responce. Again I agree with you on many points, and I do screw it up many times sto, but I don't think you should be calling yourself a christian, while you seem to study the bible for reasons to find how far one can go, in the unGodly ditection.
I call myself a Christian because I am one.

The rest of what you say is baseless. You don't know me or anything about me.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>Also you tell me and other pro life folks, not to judge others, while you judge us.
Where have I judged you? I've simply challenged you to support your claims. That's it.

You, on the other hand, have said some pretty judgmental stuff about the PC side. I mean, dude --- you've bsically called us murderers. The "kill at will" crowd? Isn't that what you've said? Plus a lot of other inflammatory, troll bullshit. You should stop. Cuz that IS judgmental. And all because you can't or won't back up your claims. That's on you.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>If being a mature christian is what you are, then I would want to stay a baby.
1 Corinthians 3:2

I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>The sad thing is a baby christian has to back slide in order to fit in at most churches.
Sounds like you're criticizing yourself, here.

Read the whole chapter. 1 Corinthians 3. Might help you out.

And thank you for responding.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#282801 Feb 7, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't stand behind your opinions with any explanation; or present the facts on which you've based your opinions to display how your opinions would be based on some sort of knowledge and sense; or rebut anything we've posted with facts, knowledge or sense.
Your posts are meaningless here in this abortion forum. You're like a moron coming in here posting your opinion that the human life in utero is not someone's unborn child; having that human life killed is no big deal. You don't present anything to back your opinion and then make posts about PLers as though they're idiots, because they dare challenge you to back what you say, or prove that what you said is senseless. Your little snide remarks are impotent.
Because you can't back what you say, you just hide behind your, "I just stated an opinion". Why are you here? If all you're going to do is "state your opinion" and not present facts and knowledge as to why your opinion is what it is, you're just here to waste space and troll.
I like elise's posts. She's got gumption! And wit!

All the stuff you lack.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#282802 Feb 7, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Your obsession with me is getting creepy. Please try to stop it. I'm asking nicely.
It could be worse. Ask Lala, when she comes back. You've seen how she is about Foo. But her obsession with La takes the cake -- super crush gone super bitter.
Anonymous

United States

#282803 Feb 7, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
I call myself a Christian because I am one.
The rest of what you say is baseless. You don't know me or anything about me.
<quoted text>
Where have I judged you? I've simply challenged you to support your claims. That's it.
You, on the other hand, have said some pretty judgmental stuff about the PC side. I mean, dude --- you've bsically called us murderers. The "kill at will" crowd? Isn't that what you've said? Plus a lot of other inflammatory, troll bullshit. You should stop. Cuz that IS judgmental. And all because you can't or won't back up your claims. That's on you.
<quoted text>
1 Corinthians 3:2
I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
<quoted text>
Sounds like you're criticizing yourself, here.
Read the whole chapter. 1 Corinthians 3. Might help you out.
And thank you for responding.
Sto, maybe you are a christian, I don't know you, but you say you're against abortion, but for womens right to choose. That's not only a copout, but you either are for or against. That would be like me saying I am not for a man raping a woman,but I am for his free will right to choose to do so. Plus I can even use bible verses to back up rape, unlike your sad attempt to try and say the bible backs up abortion.

I've always heard judge not lest you be judged, or christians should not judge, but the truth is I can and should judge many things. The bible must be read in context, or it can say what ever someone wants.

Know ye not, that we will judge angels?

You can do whatever you wish, but trying to tell others they are doing it all wrong, while being buds with people who think very little about your Jesus, is wrong in itself.

If you still feel like you interpet the bible, and others don't , then I suggest you go back to those verses, where you say an abortion took place.
Your the only person I've even heard try and make that claim.
Anonymous

United States

#282804 Feb 7, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
How would you even know what a real christian looked like? Lop
Anonymous

United States

#282805 Feb 7, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Another faux-Christian?
So you believe Jesus Christ came to earth, was born of a virgin, lived a perfect life, died on the cross for the sins of the world, and rose victoriously over hell and the grave 3 days later,and that I am being a bad example of a christian or a fake one?
Anonymous

United States

#282806 Feb 7, 2013
Guppy wrote:
What does religion have to do with abortion?
Well I geuss it depends, if we just so happen to evolve into male and females, that MUST come together in order to reproduce, even animals, and when we do die that is it and we don't know anything about anything, then religion has nothing to do with abortion, when it is all said and done, BUT if God exsist and He created male and female, and He is Holy, and He speaks about the shedding of innocent blood, and if unborn babies have blood, then in order to remove the baby, its blood must be spilled, not to mention how many if not most abortions are due to two people who are not married had sex, which God looks down upon, and when we die we face This God, then religion has much to do with abortion.

My God made a way, so that people can have their sinful heart changed and their souls set free from the penalty of Sin.

How shall we escape if we neglect this wonderful salvation?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#282807 Feb 7, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sto, maybe you are a christian, I don't know you, but you say you're against abortion, but for womens right to choose. That's not only a copout, but you either are for or against. That would be like me saying I am not for a man raping a woman,but I am for his free will right to choose to do so. Plus I can even use bible verses to back up rape, unlike your sad attempt to try and say the bible backs up abortion.
You must have me mixed up with someone else. I've never said I'm "against" abortion. I've never said I'm "for" abortion. I believe all citizens should retain their civil rights. When one group is discriminated against, we all lose.

You never challenged my "sad attempt". All you could do was repeat, "no it doesn't! no it doesn't!". I gave you the translations. I backed up my claim. You can't say the same.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>I've always heard judge not lest you be judged, or christians should not judge, but the truth is I can and should judge many things. The bible must be read in context, or it can say what ever someone wants.
There is a difference between discerning and judging. You judge people. And you don't have that authority.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>Know ye not, that we will judge angels?
You can do whatever you wish, but trying to tell others they are doing it all wrong, while being buds with people who think very little about your Jesus, is wrong in itself.
I don't know of anyone here who thinks "little about (my) Jesus". I know quite a few that don't believe He existed. I understand where they're coming from. I can't force them to believe. That would be impossible. If they ever come to believe, it won't be because of me. However, I leave the door open for any of them to ever ask me anything they want. If I judged them and insulted them like you do, I wouldn't be doing Christianity any favors.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>If you still feel like you interpet the bible, and others don't , then I suggest you go back to those verses, where you say an abortion took place.
Your the only person I've even heard try and make that claim.
Then it's you that needs to go back and study.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#282808 Feb 7, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you even know what a real christian looked like? Lop
She knows me!

: D
STO

Vallejo, CA

#282809 Feb 7, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop your ridiculous claim I don't know a newborn is a newborn is a newborn. Am so sorry you still weren't able to separate the answer to a hypothetical question from reality. Unlike JM, I kept my answer as hypothetical as the question was since I realize there is not an instant moment fetus becomes baby. That it's a process.
Aren't you tired of being thought of as a ridiculous ninny with nothing better to do than trying to outsmart your betters?
You think you're funny, sly, clever. You are none of those things.
If you were, I'd agree with you on some things. I don't. You stick with your emotional manipulations and I'll stick with facts. I do know the difference between the two. Unlike you, who is willing to steal women's civil rights out from under them like a thief in the night.
Not like a theif in the night, Katie. She's not that slick. More like a clumsy armed robbery with no ammo.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#282810 Feb 7, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe we should make all health care issues legal?
Elise, as I've stated many times, how I understand how "some "girls would seek an abortion, but there are people who are born male and want their penis removed, and visa versa some are born female and want a penis, and as you know it goes further.
There have been people who have amputated both legs, because they felt like that's what they wanted.
Should we allow people "women " who wish to cut off both legs, the right to do so.
I mean, my take is if you want to kill your baby, at any stage of life, then do it. I just am not going to be ok, or support your choice. Same as cutting off limbs, just do it.
Abortion is a huge issue in this country, and what made those judges think they could make a call on something that affects soo many, is beyound me.
I think, that they knew it would not be legal, if left up to the people.
Many who say they are for abortion, would not have put their name on a paper stating to vote it in. Knowing they would be a forever part of each and every abortion.
So, when a frozen embryo is destroyed, do you equate that with "killing a baby"?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#282811 Feb 7, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all who oppose abortion are religious at all, and women who have had an abortion DO REGRET having one.
There was one on here not so long ago, and we seen how all of you "we are for womens right to choose " people did to her.
She disagreed with you that was her choice. You called her everything but a free willed woman.
You are no different than most liberals. You believe wholeheartedly in free speech, as long as that free speech lines up with your free speech.
Some women regret their choice. That doesn't justify removing the choice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
abortion 0780343859wts hap Queens twn, Umtata, ... 10 hr drdembe 1
News Activist: "Abortion Threatens Black America's F... (Sep '12) Sat zef 5,738
safe abortion 0780343859wts in grey twn , eshow... Sat drdembe 1
News Namibia: Illegal Abortions Common Despite Risks (Jan '10) Sat Aisha 36
News Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays (Oct '07) Fri Brian_G 220,076
News Kansas AG Plans To Appeal Ruling Blocking Anti-... Jul 2 cpeter1313 1
9 reasons abortion MUST remain legal. (Sep '07) Jul 2 Brian_G 1,425
More from around the web