Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310327 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Mom of 2, for choice...”

Since: Jun 08

New Freedom, PA

#30103 Jan 18, 2010
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
You mock the stooges ? What are you......some kinda commie ?
Where did I say his avatar bothered me ? I said I loved it.
Pay attention.
LMFAO ? At what ?
I didn't mock the stooges...they are three men who can't keep their hands off of each other.

Yes...the effeminate av...I can feel the love oozing.

LMFAO...at you honestly.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#30104 Jan 18, 2010
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Wake up you clown. I know who the avatar is. The dope who uses it has said it often enough. Doesn't make it any less feminine. Sorta like your name.
You're still battin 1.000 there Kathy.
Sure you did doc. You are not even at bat.. You are not even in the park and some days I wonder if you have even made it into the parking lot..

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#30105 Jan 18, 2010
Figures, closet queen. You need to feel more masculine than the guys you go after, so you can pretend to be the "man", right?

BTW--speaking of avatars: did kilmer threaten you, or did you have an epiphany and realize that the stooges represented you more succinctly?
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
No one cared the first time.
Love your effeminate avatar by the way
cat

Bronx, NY

#30108 Jan 19, 2010
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry you feel that way.
Gotta love my avatar though. The stooges are all men. No effeminate looking crown wearing pooftas there I tell ya.
Much rather be 'effeminate' than dumb as dirt.
Take any one of them Moe Larry or, Curly-or are you all three?
Being male-does not make you a man.

Homophobes troll from topix to topix-I'm amazed how they get their homophobe dig in no matter what the topic of the thread. Pathetic.

“Text OR drive...can't do both!”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#30109 Jan 19, 2010
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Burger was the only conservative to vote for R V W but abandoned that position by the time of Thornburg v Amer. Coll. of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Just because you say so doesn't make it so.
The Roe Court was conservative. It's fact Sue. Get over it.

Location hidden

#30110 Jan 19, 2010
Bright Sun wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no BS in saying our standing up against at least 90+% of abortions is an effort to protect the lives of these unborn babies. And that it has nothing to do with any control or interest in women's uterus.
If you didn't think the humor about these idiotic excuses for victimhood, just say so, honestly. And don't try to pretend it was
humor of any kind about the topic of abortion. That's what I objected to.
We're a little past the "humor" thing. If you want to make abortion illegal, you DO want to control every woman's uterus. Ain't gonna happen though...

Location hidden

#30111 Jan 19, 2010
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
"Of course you have a sense of humor. Everyone thinks they do, even people who don't." - Vincent Antonelli
The "tightass" comment was in reference to your attitude....not the physical attributes of your rear end. My guess is you already knew that. What level of insecurity must one have to feel the need to defend one's backside on an anonymous forum ?
I know what your comment was about dufus. I just chose to make it about something else. It was a joke, DF.

Talk about lack of sense of humor.

Location hidden

#30112 Jan 19, 2010
jlmiller wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an @ss...just so you are aware of that.
He's more than aware, he embraces it.

Location hidden

#30113 Jan 19, 2010
cpeter1313 wrote:
Figures, closet queen. You need to feel more masculine than the guys you go after, so you can pretend to be the "man", right?
BTW--speaking of avatars: did kilmer threaten you, or did you have an epiphany and realize that the stooges represented you more succinctly?
<quoted text>
LOL...
TRIPLE K

Allentown, PA

#30114 Jan 19, 2010
Moncie wrote:
<quoted text>
We're a little past the "humor" thing. If you want to make abortion illegal, you DO want to control every woman's uterus. Ain't gonna happen though...
I know my Mom wished she had an abortion.
can't blame her either, I'm just a 522 LB pile of shit.

Location hidden

#30115 Jan 19, 2010
cat wrote:
<quoted text>
Much rather be 'effeminate' than dumb as dirt.
Take any one of them Moe Larry or, Curly-or are you all three?
Being male-does not make you a man.
Homophobes troll from topix to topix-I'm amazed how they get their homophobe dig in no matter what the topic of the thread. Pathetic.
Amazing, isn't it? I think he just feels threatened.
cat

Bronx, NY

#30116 Jan 19, 2010
Moncie wrote:
<quoted text>
Homophobes DO feel threatened and they also are unsure of their own sexuality...which compounds their insecurities.
Hmmmmm

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#30117 Jan 19, 2010
Moncie wrote:
<quoted text>
It's obvious, isn't it?

“Still .. PRO LIFE”

Since: Jun 09

Just not stupid about it.

#30118 Jan 19, 2010
Aged wrote:
<quoted text>
Pupsy, are you still pining for my boots? I've already told you they don't come in your size 12D. Did you not mention that you could squeeze into an 11E? No joy, hon - you will simply have to console yourself with the fact that your snowshoe size fish are good for stomping grapes. OR - have you considered contacting Ringling Brothers? Here's the link:
http://www.ringling.com/TextContent.aspx...
XOXOX!
Oh Aged, you are just all uptight because I get hired at the most prestigious of vineyards. The benefits of the job are remarkable.
I get all the free wine my little heart can handle.
;)

LOL @ ringling !!( good idea )
LMAO

“Still .. PRO LIFE”

#30119 Jan 19, 2010
fire starter wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my, the preacher of topix doesn't practice what she preaches. Always lecturing people on how to be all nicey, nicey and look at you! Clean up your own back yard, Preacher.
Take it easy .. we have fun like this.
It is called ' having a sense of humor '.
Try it sometime.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#30120 Jan 19, 2010
Pup C wrote:
<quoted text>
Take it easy .. we have fun like this.
It is called ' having a sense of humor '.
Try it sometime.
Hi Pupsy!

I agree!

: D

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#30121 Jan 19, 2010
Pup C wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Aged, you are just all uptight because I get hired at the most prestigious of vineyards. The benefits of the job are remarkable.
I get all the free wine my little heart can handle.
;)
LOL @ ringling !!( good idea )
LMAO
I'm confused. Fish are used to stomp grapes? Doesn't sound very yummy, lol!

“Still .. PRO LIFE”

#30122 Jan 19, 2010
Aged wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? Pups and I are friendly - she'll likely laugh, as did I, when I read her post.
;)
Bright Sun

Newark, OH

#30123 Jan 19, 2010
C Hamilton wrote:
<quoted text>But how much of a sacrifice can you consider it if god had the power to come right back to life. If I could kill myself with the knowledge that I'd come right back to save someone I care about some pain, I'd do it....but is that really a sacrifice?
<quoted text>Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Dying on the cross as an innocent man was only part of it. His whole life was a sacrifice. From giving up his position and power as G-d and choosing to be limited to the body of a man and becoming a servant...all the way to the cross.
Imagine, which is impossible to do justice to, but imagine living here as George Lucas or Bill Gates and giving up the life they have here with their amazing careers, enormous financial assets, and homes....and one of them choosing to give it all up for over 30 years and live in Haiti.
Imagine being able to create new worlds and being limited to only healing and raising a few from the dead. And only doing this through your Father's power.
Imagine being the most High entity, the One who made the worlds and all that are within them being born into the world. And most have no clue who he is. And by and by he allows them to scorn him, to beat him mercilessly, and kill him. And in doing so, you don't see Jesus answering them back in kind or being rude and insulting not even while under enormous pain and weariness.
After he's hanging on the cross, and he hears them mocking that he said he was the Son of G-d. If he is he should just come down off that cross. And Jesus only saying, "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do".
This is when one of the soldiers recognized who he was. Because that soldier had done many crucifixions, yet he'd never seen a man die with the attitude and heart this man did.
It wasn't just a willingness to die, but living here instead of heaven. It wasn't just being willing to die, but to die a sinless death where he did not break under all the strain of being up all night interrogated, being beaten, mocked, and killed. He had to do it without sin.
For if he did sin, he couldn't be the perfect sacrifice required and it'd all been for nothing.

(cont)
Bright Sun

Newark, OH

#30124 Jan 19, 2010
(cont)

And on the cross mocked by mankind, he also suffered the rejection of his Father when the sin-debt of mankind was placed on him spiritually. He was truly as alone as any man could be.
Now try dying for people who don't even recognize who you are and mock you, and do not in any way feel they needed his sacrifice. Many of us would give good gifts to our children. And Jesus also recognize a few people would even 'die' for their friends.
But CHam would you die for someone you detest? Would you die for people in the pl gang? And if by some great human spirit you would, if you knew many would only reject the gift your death was meant to purchase and speak your name or title mostly when they were cursing...would you then?
John chapter one says,'He came unto his own and his own received him not...'.
What he did was the epitome of true love, even knowing many would never know who he is and reject all that he lived and died for...His gift of eternal life....he still chose to do it.
I respect you believing you'd die, if you knew you had the power to come back to life...and all its honorable intentions. Its rare though, that a man would die for a friend. And I can't imagine one dying for enemies.
And although I respect what you say, I honestly have a tough time believing it. You would be a rare gem...as many nowadays can become hateful of even family...because they have differing beliefs, they don't appreciate each other's sacrifices in daily living, and/or they won't even cooperate in simple duties together.
Do you know how many domestic disputes cops go to the scene of? How many times its family and loved ones who've grossly mistreated each other? How many times the pedophile/molester...is related to their victims?
In seeing the evil people do to people, even when they are related to each other or have declared a special love together, I've become pretty cynical of people's ability to love...like Jesus did.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Planned Parenthood Video Refuels GOP's Abortion... 1 hr Dons Tupee 59
News Planned Parenthood seeks fed study of fetal tis... 3 hr WelbyMD 3
News What abortion is: Getting past the spin 5 hr cpeter1313 103
News Planned Parenthood chief slams 'sensationalized... 9 hr Dan 44
News Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays (Oct '07) 13 hr Junket 220,249
now theres and ice cream place that supports ab... 15 hr coadyglidden 1
News Ad targets Romney on abortion, Planned Parenthood (Jul '12) 17 hr Poverty Sucks 73
More from around the web