Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 330478 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Katie

Seattle, WA

#270133 Dec 15, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie: A lot of you are no different than that selfish gunman shooting elementary-aged kids right before Christmas.
It is you who supports and promotes the intentional killing of small human beings, not us.
You made a blatantly stupid statement. Self-incriminating, to boot.
You make a false comparison and use your insane ideals attempting to force others to live by your tyranny, to boot.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#270134 Dec 15, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
"how the different facets are viewed"
Yeah I got that but what if that isn't the way Christ wants to be viewed?
<blink> <blink>
Katie

Seattle, WA

#270135 Dec 15, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said!
:)

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#270136 Dec 15, 2012
zef wrote:
<quoted text>How can something that doesn't exist be patented if the object being patented must be brought to the patent office to be patent.
http://www.google.co.ve/patents/US20030092962
I didn't say they don't exist. I said yours is imaginary.

Go take your meds, Psycho.
worships reality

AOL

#270137 Dec 15, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
First things first, name-caller.
a little sensitive for someone who name calls at the drop of a hat aren't we?
You prove there is a "...current overall societal mindset that cheapens and devalues human life -- "all" human life -- does not play a part in the more frequent occurrence of evil, callous and unthinkable slaughter like what happened in Connecticut..."
perfect. god forbid you should consider the very real likelihood that there is a correlation. instead just dismiss the notion with a predictable "prove it". demand proof of something you know is unprovable. or maybe tell us, just what would you accept as proof?
Second, prove how this equates to women's civil rights of personal privacy and bodily autonomy; legal rights to determine their own outcomes regardless of what every single nosy parker, gov't official, or clergyman thinks.
I'll wait.
i made no such equation. i only put forth the very real possibility that the cheapening of human life contributed to the icreasing frequency of such actions of man's brutal inhumanity to man. instead of considering the possibilty it took you all of 2 minutes to dismiss it with more of your inane babble.
you are a moron.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#270138 Dec 15, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
"how the different facets are viewed"
Yeah I got that but what if that isn't the way Christ wants to be viewed?
Wow.
worships reality

AOL

#270139 Dec 15, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's what you guys refuse to see or acknowledge. A lot of you are no different than that selfish gunman shooting elementary-aged kids right before Christmas.
It doesn't matter you think your way is better. It doesn't matter you think you have all the answers. It does matter that you want to override the individual's decision with your form of "Christianity" regardless of what others want or their civil rights to believe in something different. It does matter you try to equate what's legal with what's illegal.
no one has tried to use it to their advantage. what they've done is attempt to find at least part of an explanation as to why someone might even consider such horrendous actions, and in doing so maybe, just maybe help to reduce the chances of it happening again. that's more than i can say for you.
Not one of you has offered sincere condolences for this tragedy. But you have tried to use it to your advantage. And I find that disgusting.
sure. condolences mean nothing, and your heart doesn't sincerely ache for those babies and their families, unless and until you've proclaimed it on topix. you pretentious shallow fraud.
you sicken me.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#270140 Dec 15, 2012
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
a little sensitive for someone who name calls at the drop of a hat aren't we?
<quoted text>
perfect. god forbid you should consider the very real likelihood that there is a correlation. instead just dismiss the notion with a predictable "prove it". demand proof of something you know is unprovable. or maybe tell us, just what would you accept as proof?
<quoted text>
i made no such equation. i only put forth the very real possibility that the cheapening of human life contributed to the icreasing frequency of such actions of man's brutal inhumanity to man. instead of considering the possibilty it took you all of 2 minutes to dismiss it with more of your inane babble.
you are a moron.
NR made a false comparison and you said he didn't.

You said he didn't make a false comparison, but claimed I was beyond na´ve if I didn't see the correlation between abortion and mass shootings at schools.

All I asked was for you to prove this contention, but now you're backtracking.

Then I asked you to prove there was a comparison between legally upholding civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy with illegally shooting and killing children and adults; his own mother (who obviously chose "life" such as it was).

But you can't and now somehow feel compelled to chastise me. Maybe you shouldn't butt into a conversation if you're not willing or capable of following the conversation through to the end by fulfilling your end and providing proof of what you initially claimed. It's not difficult, name caller.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#270141 Dec 15, 2012
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
no one has tried to use it to their advantage. what they've done is attempt to find at least part of an explanation as to why someone might even consider such horrendous actions, and in doing so maybe, just maybe help to reduce the chances of it happening again. that's more than i can say for you.
<quoted text>
sure. condolences mean nothing, and your heart doesn't sincerely ache for those babies and their families, unless and until you've proclaimed it on topix. you pretentious shallow fraud.
you sicken me.
And yet, nothing above addresses the post it was responding to. NR and JM are falsely comparing this mass school shooting with women's civil rights. And here you are, chasing that ball around without even a clue as to what they're saying or what you're saying. Name caller.

Why don't you keep thinking you're hiding and just tell every single poster what you think of them. Get it out of your system since you seem balled and chained here.
<rolls eyes>
worships reality

AOL

#270142 Dec 15, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
If she's got a fetus in her, she's pregnant, dead or alive,
no she isn't. not if it's dead.

which is why they discuss having to "deliver" the dead fetus.
A rare condition is called "stone pregnancy" which can go on for years.
http://bodyodd.nbcnews.com/_news/2009/03/04/4...
http://www.doctorsreview.com/history/fetal-ro...
Then there's "nonviable pregnancies"
http://www.babymed.com/prematurity/pregnancy-...
Women with non-viable pregnancies are STILL PREGNANT.
"3. The pregnancy or fetus is nonviable: A nonviable pregnancy would be a pregnancy where there is no heart beat or where the hCg is not rising normally. It could be a pregnancy with a dead fetus. A nonviable pregnancy is a pregnancy without a chance of a live infant being born or without the fetus having a chance to survive if born alive."
your first link in describing a stone pregnancy states :

"it's a rare phenomenon that occurs when a pregnancy fails..."

a woman whose pregnancy has failed, is no longer pregnant.

using the term "pregnancy" to describe such conditions does not mean a woman is pregnant. is a woman experiencing a false pregnancy, really pregnant?
worships reality

AOL

#270143 Dec 15, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I can't believe that anyone thinks a pregnancy ends when the fetus dies in utero. All these shmos need to do is open an obstetrics textbook and read. Apparently, anti-choicers have run out of arguments. Awww...
i can't believe that you continue to prattle on about us shmos being wrong, without offering one shred of evidence, beyond "read a book", to back it up.

the earth is flat, read a book.
worships reality

AOL

#270144 Dec 15, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
NR made a false comparison and you said he didn't.
You said he didn't make a false comparison, but claimed I was beyond na´ve if I didn't see the correlation between abortion and mass shootings at schools.[
you do a lot of lying in one sentence. here is my post:

"no, it's not just his/her problem you small minded fool. it is our problem. all of us. because if you believe that the current overall societal mindset that cheapens and devalues human life -- "all" human life -- does not play a part in the more frequent occurrence of evil, callous and unthinkable slaughter like what happened in connecticut, then you're more naive than one could imagine.
get your silly clueless head out of the sand."

where in this post did i say he never made a false comparison ?

and where in this post do i equate abortion to mass shootings?

what i "did" do was say that the overall concept of the devaluing of human life ( legal abortion being only one way of doing so ) is a contributing factor in such tragedies.
a far far cry from equating abortion to mass shootings.
you liar.
All I asked was for you to prove this contention, but now you're backtracking.
i never backtracked. i said, accurately, that is not provable. and if you think it is then explain to me what you would accept as proof.
Then I asked you to prove there was a comparison between legally upholding civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy with illegally shooting and killing children and adults; his own mother (who obviously chose "life" such as it was).
number one i never made the comparison.
number two you never asked me to prove it. what you asked me was to prove was the correlation between the devaluing of human life and tragedies such as that in conn.
you lie again.
But you can't and now somehow feel compelled to chastise me. Maybe you shouldn't butt into a conversation if you're not willing or capable of following the conversation through to the end by fulfilling your end and providing proof of what you initially claimed. It's not difficult, name caller.
still a bit sensitive are we? look in the mirror. go back and review some of your own posts. you've perfected the art of name calling. hypocrite
worships reality

AOL

#270145 Dec 15, 2012
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
They were strangers. In the wrong place at the wrong time.
the fact that they were strangers chosen at random, is irrelevant. if they were the intended targets of his actions they cannot be considered collateral damage.

if they were then explain what the primary target of his actions were that these strangers deaths were collateral to?
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#270146 Dec 15, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say they don't exist. I said yours is imaginary.
Go take your meds, Psycho.
How could you possibly know that? Are you saying that you are torturing me with colon restriction devices because I take medication, or are saying you are torturing me with colon restriction devices to force me to take medication? Whatever excuse you use to torture me, you are still a sadistic tyrant.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#270147 Dec 15, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Your poop device is artificial. Preborn babies naturally exist where they are supposed to be. Pregnancy is how mankind was created to procreate.
Conversely, no M.D. is going to rip out your intestines at your request because you no longer want to poop. M.D.'s realize pooping is natural & how mankind was created to rid waste.
I must admit, you are full of sh*t. Your poop restriction devices are working well.
Pssssst......stupid, that idiot is one of YOURS. ROFLMAO
Katie

Seattle, WA

#270148 Dec 15, 2012
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
you do a lot of lying in one sentence. here is my post:
"no, it's not just his/her problem you small minded fool. it is our problem. all of us. because if you believe that the current overall societal mindset that cheapens and devalues human life -- "all" human life -- does not play a part in the more frequent occurrence of evil, callous and unthinkable slaughter like what happened in connecticut, then you're more naive than one could imagine.
get your silly clueless head out of the sand."

where in this post did i say he never made a false comparison ?
When you agreed with his false comparison, which I said was his problem, nobody else's, "no, it's not just his/her problem you small minded fool. it is our problem. all of us."
and where in this post do i equate abortion to mass shootings?
"...because if you believe that the current overall societal mindset that cheapens and devalues human life -- "all" human life -- does not play a part in the more frequent occurrence of evil, callous and unthinkable slaughter like what happened in connecticut, then you're more naive than one could imagine."
what i "did" do was say that the overall concept of the devaluing of human life ( legal abortion being only one way of doing so ) is a contributing factor in such tragedies.
a far far cry from equating abortion to mass shootings.
you liar.
<quoted text>
i never backtracked. i said, accurately, that is not provable. and if you think it is then explain to me what you would accept as proof.
<quoted text>
number one i never made the comparison.
number two you never asked me to prove it. what you asked me was to prove was the correlation between the devaluing of human life and tragedies such as that in conn.
you lie again.
<quoted text>
still a bit sensitive are we? look in the mirror. go back and review some of your own posts. you've perfected the art of name calling. hypocrite
Shut up, name caller.

Location hidden

#270149 Dec 15, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Last night you pretended to be saddened by the murders of 20 school children.
And you pretend that I'm a worse person for supporting CHOICE than the scum that murdered 20 children and 7 adults.

Yet the FACT is that I'm saddened and horrified at what happened there, and YOU are the fk'ng scumbag that is exploiting it to further your agenda.

And hey, if your agenda is making yourself look worse than ever, YOU'VE SUCCEEDED! Yay you @@.
You said you wished prolifers would've been killed, instead.
You lie AGAIN.

I said " I said simply and FACTUALLY that its a damn shame that they had to die and idiots like you still exist."

I dont wish you and your kind would have been dead, I said its a damn shame THEY HAD TO DIE while idiots like you still exist.

Learn to read fkwit.
Here's the thing, sweetcheeks, YOU spend your days doing all you can to kill children who temporarily reside in utero.
Here's the thing No Relevance - I do NOTHING of the kind, and everyone here knows it.
Prolifers do all they can to SAVE the lives of innocents.
Really? Tell us No Relevance, EXACTLY how does you sitting on your fat ass day after day, on this messageboard, lying about everyone here SAVE the lives of ANYONE?

Get real you worthless slug, you dont do shit.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>

If you can't see the irony in you faux-sorrow, then drug addiction & living a life of debauchery are the least of your issues.
Seriously No Relevance? You're tipping over the edge from mearly a scumbag and nuts, to someone that should likely be on a watchlist for doing the same king of thing that kid did yesterday.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#270150 Dec 15, 2012
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
How could you possibly know that? Are you saying that you are torturing me with colon restriction devices because I take medication, or are saying you are torturing me with colon restriction devices to force me to take medication? Whatever excuse you use to torture me, you are still a sadistic tyrant.
The fact that you are claiming I am torturing you, when in fact I am not, is enough to tell me that the torture is all in your mind.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#270151 Dec 15, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Pssssst......stupid, that idiot is one of YOURS. ROFLMAO
Yes, it is. I'm sure they'd like to disown it, though, lol.

Location hidden

#270152 Dec 15, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is two different points of view. The pilosophy of Christ and the philosophy of no God. It can be confusing to the children, which by the way is what I said in the first place.
I never said I don't speak to him. I said I haven't spoken to him about this subject.
Since you didn't get any thing straight about what I really said, the rest of your opinion is marginal.
Inkstain, I've gotten what you said not only 100% correct - I COPIED YOUR OWN POSTS and left LINKS to those posts you dumbass.

I swear, you're just going to have a big "DUHHHHHH" on your gravestone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In Trump's First Year, Anti-Abortion Forces Mak... Mon cpeter1313 175
News Sterling Heights abortion protesters convicted ... Feb 18 cpeter1313 1
News Mixed Outcomes for Members Accused of Sexual Ha... Feb 16 Pope Nosferatu s ... 4
News U.S. Congressman Tim Murphy in August 2017. Feb 15 Trump s Birtherex... 11
News Only Pro-Lifers Address Abortion's Core Moral Q... Feb 15 cpeter1313 3
News CNN's Cuomo Whines: Evangelicals Only Support T... Feb 14 Christian Believer 1
News Idaho Senate to consider so-called 'abortion re... Feb 14 cpeter1313 1
More from around the web