Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311342 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#268821 Dec 6, 2012
Because not everyone views a fetus as equal to a born child, and don't have to live in PLM hell with you?
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text>The Dr aborted(killed) your son or your daughter.
Why are you denying this miss nurse?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#268822 Dec 6, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
SweetSassy: Our offspring Are our children.
Bhitler: Yes, but a fetus is neither.

Your drugstore marketing ploy doesn't prove anything, either.
sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#268823 Dec 6, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Your question is unanswerable, and proof that you don't understand the discussion.
Could you please tell us all what a missed period is? Or what a missed appointment is?
You've claimed that a woman is pregnant even after her fetus is dead.

I will repeat for the third and final time: If you were pregnant and then miscarried, would you answer "yes " if asked by someone, if you were pregnant?.

A simple yes or no will suffice.

If you want to dodge it again, I will understand and bid you a buh bye and good night ;)
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#268824 Dec 6, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
That's not what it says at all; it says they should work with teams to improve documentation. It does NOT say they should all learn coding. Coding is a specialty unto itself.
<quoted text>
Cpeter: It says they should work with teams to improve documentation. It does NOT say they should all learn coding.

It says improve documentation & work flow BASED ON coding. Moron.
sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#268825 Dec 6, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Why? Everything about them that is important is still with me.
<quoted text>
You didn't attend your moms wake or funeral?.

Indianapolis

#268826 Dec 6, 2012
I sure as fu** hope it was dead tissue, or that cremation would have been mighty uncomfortable.

Call it a corpse, medical waste, dead tissue, or whatever floats your boat, Charon. Do you always get hung up on terminology? Life is too short for this crap.
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry about your loss.
I asked you a direct question. Was your moms body "dead tissue and medical waste"?like you claimed?.
Yes or no.
sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#268827 Dec 6, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Because not everyone views a fetus as equal to a born child, and don't have to live in PLM hell with you?
<quoted text>
Nobody cares what you "view" a fetus as. A female.(daughter) or male (son) is in that womans womb and that is a fact.

So why do you suppose Leesyboo is denying that?
Katie

Seattle, WA

#268828 Dec 6, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the ones the No Relevance is ignoring? Yeah, I've seen them :)
Okay, thanks, Bitner.
Thought I pissed off a mod or something.

:)

Indianapolis

#268829 Dec 6, 2012
What if the etus is intersexed, or terminates before displaying gender characteristics?
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> You're a joke.
That fetus has a sex. It is either your daughter or son in that womb.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#268830 Dec 6, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie: "Now, wasn't your original claim that D&Cs are different depending on spontaneous and induced abortions? From what it says above, there is no difference."
A patient placed within a particular Diagnostic Related Group doesn't mean he/she is same as others in that group. The hospital is reimbursed the same for those in that group, even though they may receive different treatments for different reasons.
Submissions for reimbursement to Medicare for an induced abortion would be clear it is for an induced abortion. Doc/code for Rape/incest/life of mother and Proper ICD-9 code.
I shared yesterday that ICD-9 codes are clear that differences exist:
634 Spontaneous abortion (non-elective)
http://www.icd9data.com/2012/Volume1/630-679/...
635 Legally induced abortion (elective)
636 Illegally induced abortion (elective)
I'm thinking those numbers would be attached to these numbers 770 and 779 to specify if a D&C was used or not. But the code for abortion with D&C is all by itself and the code for abortion without D&C is all by itself. Meaning, the D&C procedure is not different for the type of abortion experienced which is what you've continuously claimed in error.

A bit of friendly advice; Triple L's and your cups of stupidly stubborn seem to've runneth over, NR.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#268832 Dec 6, 2012
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> You've claimed that a woman is pregnant even after her fetus is dead.
I will repeat for the third and final time: If you were pregnant and then miscarried, would you answer "yes " if asked by someone, if you were pregnant?.
If you want to dodge it again, I will understand and bid you a buh bye and good night ;)
If you knew you'd miscarried, you'd answer No, you were not pregnant because the spontaneous abortion is complete.

If you hadn't realized you'd miscarried, you'd answer Yes, you are pregnant because the spontaneous was not complete.

Pretty basic stuff, JM.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#268833 Dec 6, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Nope. A pregnancy can continue even if the fetus dies. Hell, there are cases of pregnancy with no fetuses at all. Pregnancy refers to the activity of the woman's body.
<quoted text>
Exactly, molar pregnancy. No fetus even though fertilization occurred, the abnormal growth will trigger the body to have symptoms of pregnancy.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#268834 Dec 6, 2012
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> This is absolutely stupid.
If you miscarried your child would you still answer 'yes " when asked if you were pregnant?
I would answer I am pregnant but there is no heartbeat, I am going in for a D&C tomorrow to terminate the pregnancy so we can try to get pregnant again as soon as possible.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#268835 Dec 6, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm thinking those numbers would be attached to these numbers 770 and 779 to specify if a D&C was used or not. But the code for abortion with D&C is all by itself and the code for abortion without D&C is all by itself. Meaning, the D&C procedure is not different for the type of abortion experienced which is what you've continuously claimed in error.
A bit of friendly advice; Triple L's and your cups of stupidly stubborn seem to've runneth over, NR.
Katie: "Your cup of stupidly stubbornseems to've runneth over, NR."

Katie: "The code for abortion with D&C is all by itself and the code for abortion without D&C is all by itself. Meaning, the D&C procedure is not different for the type of abortion experienced which is what you've continuously claimed in error."

The problem w/ your 'logic' is 770 & 779 are Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs). They are not codes for specific diagnoses or procedures. They encompass related - but various - diagnoses. Medicare patients in each respective group would be expected to utilize hospital resources at similar levels (but not same exact procedures/treatments). Hospitals are reimbursed a predetrmined amount for Medicare patients within each DRG.

You read the DRG title and made assumptions that would be favorable to your argument. It's an unsubstantiated leap.

Nice try, though.

No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#268836 Dec 6, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it interesting that you latched onto Medicare's DRG reimbursement system to argue D&C abortions.

I don't know many people on Medicare who are pregnant from rape/incest, or whose lives are at risk from pregnancy.

Do you, Katie?

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#268839 Dec 7, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Foo: How typically dishonest of No Relevance to leave out one of the more important lines in that article:
"The report recommends that nurses specializing in informatics work with interdisciplinary teams to modify clinical documentation and workflow." Not all nurses are involved in billing and coding dear.
Elise: He doesn't know what informatics is. He doesn't know that nursing is a wide open profession and many specialties in nursing do not involve patient care. He is ignorant and needs to shut up.
The report recommends that you familiarize yourself w/ coding to improve your "documentation & workflow." You work on a clinical interdisciplinary team, dear. Your knowledge of coding improves chances for reimbursement.
You know what, honey? You are more than welcome to come to my job and tell the DON how to do her job. She instructs us on our responsibilities. We staff nurses, including the charge nurses, do not worry about medical codes. None of my fellow nurses that work on the floor, anywhere have to deal with billing. We are responsible for proper documentation. End of issue. You can Google to your little hearts content; you are not on the job and you know nothing.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#268840 Dec 7, 2012
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
i did. you're wrong.
stupid too.
No, you didn't, obviously.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#268841 Dec 7, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it interesting that you latched onto Medicare's DRG reimbursement system to argue D&C abortions.
I don't know many people on Medicare who are pregnant from rape/incest, or whose lives are at risk from pregnancy.
Do you, Katie?
I find it interesting that you're trying to distance yourself from the info contained in the link provided by you in attempts to prove others wrong.
Ocean56

AOL

#268845 Dec 7, 2012
Kathwynn wrote:
cpeter1313 wrote:
Actually, my mom DID die recently, and the law required certain procedures for disposing of the remains. My mother will always live in our hearts and minds; the body was cremated.
<quoted text>
Sorry, I missed the post..
My condolences to you and your family
I missed this post as well, CP. Please accept my condolences to you and your family.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#268846 Dec 7, 2012
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> You've claimed that a woman is pregnant even after her fetus is dead.
The point, Stupid Sassy, that I was discussing, is that there has BEEN no miscarriage. That's what a MISSED miscarriage MEANS, you Idiot. Your question doesn't apply. If the miscarriage were complete, then the woman would not BE pregnant. If the fetus is still inside her uterus, then it's NOT complete, and she is still pregnant.

Again, I ask you, could you please explain to us all what a MISSED period is, or a MISSED appointment?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Supreme Court strikes down Texas abortion clini... 1 hr Full Circle Logic 21
News Mandatory Waiting Periods Are Making Abortions ... 4 hr Who Said 5
News S.C. Gov. Haley signs bill outlawing most abort... 13 hr Retired SOF 153
News Milestones in legal fight over Texas abortion law 20 hr Cat74 2
Miss Jenny Abortion Procedure (Apr '14) Mon Mtm 59
News Skagit County judge: Public hospitals must prov... Jun 25 GEF 1
News Meet the retired nurse who pays women not to ha... Jun 24 cpeter1313 1
More from around the web