Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 345933 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#266933 Nov 30, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
As you know I am talking about an 'unborn child' and you don't accept that there is any such thing.
I'm sure you do remember saying that it isn't a child until born and breathing.
Yes, and it isn't. So, YOU adding those words to my supposed opinion, is dishonest. For the third time, if you're going to post about my opinions, get them right. The way I say it, not your spin on it.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#266934 Nov 30, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and it isn't. So, YOU adding those words to my supposed opinion, is dishonest. For the third time, if you're going to post about my opinions, get them right. The way I say it, not your spin on it.
You do not have an opinion or core belief on whether killing a child inutero is morally right or wrong. If that is spin, correct it.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#266935 Nov 30, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
That's exactly it.
Funniest of all is how some Catholics claim they cannot change as the times change because it'll F up their traditions. But if you go back and see just how the succession of Popes went in and made changes, you'll see how they sometimes contradicted themselves, prior Popes, or even future Popes in the process.
God gave Peter the authority to head his church on earth. The succession of Popes continue to head the church.

Matthew 16 check it out.

Not sure what exactly is so funny in that. Why do you people continue to mock God?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#266936 Nov 30, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not have an opinion or core belief on whether killing a child inutero is morally right or wrong. If that is spin, correct it.
There is no "child in utero", so that plays no part in my opinion. I'm sorry you're not bright enough to understand this. However, again, if you're going to post about my opinions, get them right. What I actually say, not your spin on it
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#266937 Nov 30, 2012
Husker du wrote:
<quoted text>Catholicism is the extension of Judaism ...so abortion is wrong even in your faith.
CD and foo like to pretend that abortion is acceptable in the Jewish faith. All I keep seeing is them pointing out how their Jewish religion allows abortion to save the life of the Mother yet,the majority of abortions are done out of convenience. They are pointing it out that they go against their religion when they support elective abortion.

The Talmud says that the soul enters the body at conception.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#266938 Nov 30, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>His point makes no sense anyway. Providing the means to prevent pregnancy is what PP is there for and of course healthcare and testing. But actually taking birth control as prescribed is the responsibility of the person it is prescribed to. If that isn't done 100% of the time then logically there are going to be unwanted pregnancies resulting in abortion. It is no way the fault of the physician and if he were actually or had ever been a med student at one time he would know this.
I agree wholeheartedly with you.

I'm also curious what their comeback is going to be to my argument regarding the Catholics' gripe about Obamacare infringing on their right to the free exercise of religion, when you don't hear employers who are 7th Day Adventists, or Jehovah's Witnesses complaining about their freedom of religion being infringed by having to provide health insurance that covers blood transfusions.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#266939 Nov 30, 2012
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholicism will never be an extension of Judaism. Catholics lie, rape kids and cheat on their spouses. We don't do that.
And no, abortion isn't wrong in our faith. It may not be "endorsed" or "preferred," but it isn't seen as wrong. Or did you forget that in Judaism an abortion is mandatory, in a certain given circumstance and the fetus isn't considered a "person" until most of the body is out during birth?
Try again ya koos.
""Catholicism will never be an extension of Judaism""

Yes it is.

""""Cathol ics lie, rape kids and cheat on their spouses. We don't do that.""""

Cheat on their spouses? Then why'd you convert to Judaism? because you cheated on your wife. In fact,you told us that you had sex with her while never loving her and then resented her for conceiving your daughter.

""""And no, abortion isn't wrong in our faith""""

Yes it is. You've pointed out that abortions to save the life of the mother is between her,her Dr and a Rabbi to decide. THAT is how rare that is,that it must be decided on between all three.

You like to justify taking a woman in for an abortion by making up lies.

""""" in a certain given circumstance and the fetus isn't considered a "person" until most of the body is out during birth"""" ""

So you can abort your baby while it is being delivered and not fully out. Is that what you're saying your religion allows?
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#266941 Nov 30, 2012
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
Who told you that piece of nonsense, knutter. The catholic faith is one version of christianity among the other few thousand other version of the religion. It is not the extension of another religion. Not even Judaism...
Yes,Judaism is an extention of the Catholic faith.

There is the Catholic church which Christ instituted. Catholic meaning universal. Then throughout the centuries,they were break away's,then break aways from the break aways(Protestant meaning protesting). It's not a "version" of anything.

The new testament is the fullfillment of the old testament.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#266942 Nov 30, 2012
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text> CD and foo like to pretend that abortion is acceptable in the Jewish faith. All I keep seeing is them pointing out how their Jewish religion allows abortion to save the life of the Mother yet,the majority of abortions are done out of convenience. They are pointing it out that they go against their religion when they support elective abortion.
LMAO!! Now you're a scholar in Jewish law!

"Abortion

Jewish law not only permits, but in some circumstances requires abortion. Where the mother's life is in jeopardy because of the unborn child, abortion is mandatory.

An unborn child has the status of "potential human life" until the majority of the body has emerged from the mother. Potential human life is valuable, and may not be terminated casually, but it does not have as much value as a life in existence. The Talmud makes no bones about this: it says quite bluntly that if the fetus threatens the life of the mother, you cut it up within her body and remove it limb by limb if necessary, because its life is not as valuable as hers. But once the greater part of the body has emerged, you cannot take its life to save the mother's, because you cannot choose between one human life and another."

http://www.jewfaq.org/sex.htm#Abortion

BTW, the word may does not equal "will." IOW, casual abortions are left to the discretion of the mother in Jewish law.

Read it and weep.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#266943 Nov 30, 2012
To all my Jewish pals, Shabbat Shalom!

To all my non-religious pals, have a nice weekend!

To all my Catholic.....pals, consider my question to NR as being posed to you as well:

How do you defend the RCC's position on Obamacare forcing catholic employers to provide prescription coverage that will include contraceptives, as it being an infringement on their rights to religious freedom, yet no 7th Day Adventist, or Jehovah's Witness employer is crying religious infringement because Obamacare is forcing them to provide insurance to their employees that would cover blood transfusions.

Please elaborate.

I'm outta here for today.
Kenose

Brooklyn, NY

#266944 Nov 30, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Been away awhile and sad to see that the conversation is still where it was when I left.
Bitner's only opinion is that a woman has to have the right to choose an abortion. She has no opinion on whether abortion is right or wrong. She has no opinion on whether killing your own child is moral or immoral. Why do you keep trying to have a discussion with someone with no core beliefs on the subject?
You weren't missed.

Things haven't changed; abortion is still legal and you're incessant complaining on topix does not help your cause.
Kenose

Brooklyn, NY

#266945 Nov 30, 2012
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text> God gave Peter the authority to head his church on earth.
Provide evidence to back up your biblical claim, sASS.

And how is your James Bond car/submarine doing? You know, the submarine-car that allowed you to drive through "towns under water" after the Hurricane.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#266946 Nov 30, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I don't see why that is an issue, anyway. These people keep bringing it up. No one should be disputing what a D&C is. The procedure is the same, no matter the rationale behind each case.
The procedure is the same(to clean out the uterus)but a humans life is not always present in that womb while that D&C is being done. THAT was the point. If there is no humans life present during that procedure then it is NOT an abortion like Johnny(carbon),foo and others are ridiculously claiming.
Kenose

Brooklyn, NY

#266947 Nov 30, 2012
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text> CD and foo like to pretend that abortion is acceptable in the Jewish faith. All I keep seeing is them pointing out how their Jewish religion allows abortion to save the life of the Mother yet,the majority of abortions are done out of convenience. They are pointing it out that they go against their religion when they support elective abortion.
Please share what you think is in the Talmud. I'd love to see where you get your info because according to Jewish law (halakhah) abortion cannot be considered murder and that the life of the mother takes precedence over the life of the fetus, and that the fetus is not a life separate from the mother prior to its birth as implied by Exodus 21:22-23.

We've debated this already and there are differing opinions throughout Judiasm... but I'm sure you'll harp on the one that supports your opinion only.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#266948 Nov 30, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Bitner: " What I was talking about, was supporting abortion. I don't."
No, it was clear that Doc said RIGHT to abortion when he said, "You support a woman's RIGHT to electively terminate her pregnancy."
Bitner:"I know you want to twist it into something else, because you're dishonest and are desperate to prove others so,.."
The only one doing any twisting is you. Doc's statement was very clear and the word RIGHT is capitalized. No missing it, no misunderstanding what was stated by him, not even for people with as little skill to read for comprehension as you.
Bitner: "Dishonest of you to leave off the rest of that sentence."
LOL, what "dishonest" bonehead? The rest wasn't relevant to proving what I claimed you said. The rest was "Deal with it, Control Freak."
Bitner: "Until you find a post where I actually say "I don't support a woman's right to have an abortion", you've not proven that I lied."
LOL! I knew you'd be pulling that, and already took care of it in a prior post. NO ONE claimed those were your exact words, and no one has ever made a claim posting those words in quotes, so your attempts to use that little loophole has failed.
Doc: "You support a woman's RIGHT to electively terminate her pregnancy."
Bitner:(relevant to Doc's statement)"...I'll not say something that is not true."
A year later Bitner: "Yes, I deny having said that I don't support a woman's right to have an abortion. I have never said that. In fact, just about a month ago, I answered this question, and stated clearly that of course supporting a woman's right to make her own choice means support of her right to abort,..."
A year prior you kept refusing to admit you support a woman's right to abortion, and said "I'll not say something that's not true" in reference to exactly that.
I never claimed you said what you're trying to use, that you supposedly said the words, "I don't support a woman's right to have an abortion".
You lied and the words you quoted have nothing to do with it.
Bitner: "of course supporting a woman's right to make her own choice means support of her right to abort,..."

There it is. Bitner supports abortion.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#266949 Nov 30, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>It really doesn't have anything to do with being PC or PL. The fact is, the doctor(s) had a moral obligation to protect her life and health and they didn't because the fetus still had a heart beat even tho they acknowledged that there was nothing that could be done to save the life of the fetus. From my understanding from some of the articles out there as to why they refused to do an abortion while there was still a heart beat is because they feared prosecution.
Doctors have a moral obligation to save humans lives. That womans offspring is a human child of hers.

You can't make up the storyline as you go along.

As far as I know,there is no proof that this woman wouldn't have died if she received an abortion.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#266950 Nov 30, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Correction no live babies are removed by D&C in any type of abortion.
Correction: I never said otherwise.

Derp.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#266951 Nov 30, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
NR, terminating pregnancy prior to term is called an abortion. In the long run it doesn't matter if it's spontaneous or induced. Abortion is a cure for pending rupture of embryo implanted outside the uterus. Embryo may be super healthy and going strong, but once it outgrows its space, it'll rupture, more than likely cause the woman to bleed internally and cause other internal injuries. If it's aborted prior to this point, do you still equate it with blowing off gramma's head?
"""In the long run it doesn't matter if it's spontaneous or induced"""

Actually it does matter. In a spontaneous abortion,the baby dies naturally and in an induced abortion(which is not natural),the baby is ripped apart(while still alive)body part by body part, or forced out of the mothers body viciously and violently where he/she will be killed.

"""Abortion is a cure""""

That's an oxymororn.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#266952 Nov 30, 2012
Conservative Democrat wrote:
To all my Jewish pals, Shabbat Shalom!
To all my non-religious pals, have a nice weekend!
To all my Catholic.....pals, consider my question to NR as being posed to you as well:
How do you defend the RCC's position on Obamacare forcing catholic employers to provide prescription coverage that will include contraceptives, as it being an infringement on their rights to religious freedom, yet no 7th Day Adventist, or Jehovah's Witness employer is crying religious infringement because Obamacare is forcing them to provide insurance to their employees that would cover blood transfusions.
Please elaborate.
I'm outta here for today.
Wouldn't that be up to the 7th day Adventists and Jehovah's Witnesses to persue in court?
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#266953 Nov 30, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text> Actually, it was October 20th.
http://www.thehindu.com/news/international/in...
<quoted text>
First off, "we" dont know where she contracted it, but IF she did, she WOULDNT have "likely" contracted it there or ANYWHERE if prompt and proper medical attention - an abortion - had been provided.
<quoted text>
At 17 weeks, when she FIRST presented with a miscarriage, if PROMPT attention would have been given, rather than wait 5 days for the fetus to die, her life LIKELY could have been saved.
The surgery to remove a dead fetus on a woman that was SERIOUSLY ill by the time they did it was stupid at BEST.
<quoted text>
The "problem lied" huh?@@ Okay Mr Medical Student. ROFLMAO!
You stood by your contention that Obama wouldn't be elected too. Oh and that no more states would pass SSM. And a number of other things you've been dead wrong on.
Of course a hospital that was STUPID enough to sit on their hands while a miscarriage took FIVE DAYS to complete with the woman getting steadily sicker and sicker, to the point where she was in ICU BEFORE the fetus FINALLY died, MIGHT just be stupid enough to have NOT administered antibiotics.
<quoted text>
Yeah, and three doctors from that "independent panel" were already dismissed because it was found they weren't so independent.
Nice job of cutting and pasting from one of your ridiculous sites No Relevance.
I maintain MY contention that you're a moron, and will be proven wrong AGAIN when the real story finally comes out.
<quoted text>
Actually, its fact as stated by her husband and at least one of her doctors who's speaking up. The woman WAS DENIED THE ABORTION SHE ASKED FOR WHEN IT BECAME CLEAR THE FETUS ***WOULD***- NOT MIGHT -***WOULD*** DIE.
That's FACT. Its certainly NOT propaganda.
The fetus was dying. They KNEW it was dying. They did NOTHING in the days it TOOK that fetus to die when they COULD have aborted and stopped the stupidity.
<quoted text>
LOL It'll be nice to see you once AGAIN be publically wrong as you have been SO often, then try to twist the actual results to suit your agenda. Oh wait, you'll just plagerize your anti-choice sites like you usually do.
"""First off, "we" dont know where she contracted it, but IF she did, she WOULDNT have "likely" contracted it there or ANYWHERE if prompt and proper medical attention - an abortion - had been provided""" "

Prove it.

""""" They did NOTHING in the days it TOOK that fetus to die when they COULD have aborted and stopped the stupidity""" """"

Prove it.

That's the problem then. She could have been treated.

Stop making up your own scenerios foo like you did with that other woman who died (whom you CLAIMED the Catholic hospital killed by denying an abortion).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My girlfriend wants an abortion And I dont (Apr '11) Mon K lynn 69
News Will abortion become illegal in the United States? Sun puppy power 1 7
News Texas abortion clinics sue to undo laws dating ... Jun 16 Choicerocks 2
News How One New York Group is Defending Abortion Ri... Jun 16 Margaret Sanger 1
News Americans' Support For Abortion Rights Wanes As... Jun 13 puppy power 1 1
Abortion: Divine punishment Jun 12 Uncle Sam 5
News US Supreme Court Allows Arkansas to Enforce Abo... Jun 10 Choicerocks 17