Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 307,005
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#266061 Nov 24, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Still didn't say Homo Sapiens, Moron.
And no, I did NOT say that "human" is a religious/philosophical term.
You were wrong on BOTH counts.
Suck it up, Buttercup.
Bitner: I didn't say Homo Sapiens. I said "human."

1. Homo Sapiens - Humans
2. in memoriam - in memory (of)
3. interim - meanwhile, interval
4. item - likewise, also, although it is now used in English as a bit of information
5. memorandum - reminder
6. agenda - things to be done
7. & - et used for 'and'
8. etc.- et cetera used for 'and so forth'
9. pro and con - for and against
10. a.m.- ante meridiem, before noon
11. p.m.- post meridiem, after noon
12. ultra-- beyond
13. P.S.- post scriptum, postscript
14. quasi - as if it were
15. census - count of citizens
16. veto -'I forbid' used as a way of stopping the passage of a law.
17. per - through, by
18. sponsor - one who accepts responsibility for another

ETC ('and so forth')

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#266062 Nov 24, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not comparing anything. I just asked a simple question.
Here it is again:
Can someone be authentically against terrorism, while at the same time support al Qaeda's CHOICE to engage in terrorist acts?
Yes or no?
Yes, you were comparing. Or you were trying to. My position on reproductive choice with terrorism. You failed because the two are not comparable.

Again, suck it up, Buttercup.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#266063 Nov 24, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Bitner: I did not say "human" is a religious/philosophical term. I said "human being" is.
_____
A human and a human being are synonyms...interchangeable.
Look up "synonym" in the dictionary. Ask one of your Wiccan cricket goddesses for a thesaurus for the holidays.
For example: "Blockhead" and "Dimwit" are synonyms.
That should help you get started....
They CAN be used interchangeably, when both apply. It's not required that they are. For example, YOU are both a human and a human being (albeit not a very good example of one). A fetus being gestated inside a human being is a human, but not a human being.

You can say so all you like, but I don't have to debate as though it's true.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#266064 Nov 24, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Bitner: Still didn't say Homo Sapiens, Moron. You said the English translation for Homo Sapiens.
_______
What do you have against Latin, dear? You sure like the Latin word "fetus".
________
"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is."
The difference is that you're misquoting me, and that doesn't fly. Sorry, but you don't get to misquote me unchallenged.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#266065 Nov 24, 2012
You can evict any unwanted residents from your property; you are not responsible for their survival past your threshold. The uterus is the woman's property.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
"slaves, and the Jews were not living inside someone else."
I see. So you discriminate to death based on temporary living location. Thanks for clarifying.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#266066 Nov 24, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Bitner: I didn't say Homo Sapiens. I said "human."
4. item - likewise, also, although it is now used in English as a bit of information
5. memorandum - reminder
6. agenda - things to be done
7. & - et used for 'and'
8. etc.- et cetera used for 'and so forth'
9. pro and con - for and against
10. a.m.- ante meridiem, before noon
11. p.m.- post meridiem, after noon
12. ultra-- beyond
13. P.S.- post scriptum, postscript
14. quasi - as if it were
15. census - count of citizens
16. veto -'I forbid' used as a way of stopping the passage of a law.
17. per - through, by
18. sponsor - one who accepts responsibility for another
ETC ('and so forth')
This elaborate dance of yours will not cover up for the fact that you made a mistake, and confused me for someone else who DID use the phrase.

Indianapolis

#266067 Nov 24, 2012
It can come from a blastocyte. It can come from a corpse. Are those considered human beings?
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
CPeter: "You can only get a DNA sample from a cell, twit."
And the sample comes from?.........

Indianapolis

#266068 Nov 24, 2012
As long as the infidels are residing in the al qaeda members' bodies, it's their call.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to go out on a limb here & assume you are against terrorism. That said, do you support al Qaeda's right to make it's own CHOICE regarding how it addresses infidels?
Yes or no?

Indianapolis

#266069 Nov 24, 2012
Homo sapiens is just one branch of the species--neanderthals, cr-mangnon, australopithecus, homo erectus, etc are all forms of humans.

BTW--modern man is called homo sapiens sapiens; homo sapiens are our most recent ancestors.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Bitner: I said nothing about "Homo Sapiens".
A Homo Sapien is the Latin translation for a human (synonym for human being).
YOU said a human is a religious/philisophical term.
I just proved you wrong.
Again.

Indianapolis

#266070 Nov 24, 2012
A member of homo sapiens sapiens is a person or human being. To belong to a species, one must be born and alive.

"Human" is an adjective. It can be used as a noun, but it is not scietifically accurate.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Bitner: I did not say "human" is a religious/philosophical term. I said "human being" is.
_____
Look up "synonym" in the dictionary. Ask one of your Wiccan cricket goddesses for a thesaurus for the holidays.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#266071 Nov 24, 2012
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really believe your repeatedly pathetic attempts at "discrediting" PCers is anything but vain?
It's been quiet here yet you choose going against the very rights that protect you and focus on removing every American female's civil rights for the sake of faux victory on a Topix thread at the start of the Holiday Season. And you point your fingers to deflect from yourself (as if it weren't obvious).
It's been "quiet" here? That's because only PC were posting to one another, except for Knit's posts. That's how you people stay quiet, when you have no one around that tells it like it is about the stupidity you people post.

There's no logical reason for me to deflect from anything I've posted, since what I post proves the lies posted by you PC. You don't ever make any sense.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#266072 Nov 24, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
...I see something dragged the carrion back into the forum, and Lynne is in her glory as she thinks she has a playmate back. What worthless pieces of shit they both are.
I...
Just your typical personal attacks using lies, to try to deflect from what we proved were lies posted by you, about the Ariel situation. You played exactly as I knew and posted you would. Here's a biscuit for you, Fido.

Now, as to the countless lies that we proved you posted back then and the lies in your denials in the present, whay say you, Toots? Another post of attacks to deflect? More ignoring of the truth we posted? Anything and everything you can think of but facing the truth. Which is, we all know you're a pathological liar. Even your friends here can see it, but you all deflect from each others' lies or ignore it altogether.
Googleicious

Syracuse, NY

#266073 Nov 24, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
You failed to address the actual point of personhood being subjective...and the historical (& contemporary) deadly results.
Blacks were considered 3/5 persons. Yes or no?
No. They were not.

http://americanvision.org/3918/the-original-c...
Googleicious

Syracuse, NY

#266074 Nov 24, 2012
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Actually you're both wrong.
1) The plantation owners wanted to count each slave as 1 person. The Northerners didn't want the slaves counted at all.
2) This led to the 3/5 compomise, not 2/3.
3) The issue was Congressional representation, not taxes. Because representation in Congress is based on population, counting slaves as whole people would show a higher population and thus more representation in Congress.
Exactly.
Googleicious

Syracuse, NY

#266075 Nov 24, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Bitner: Human being is a religious/philosophical concept, not scientific.
Homo Sapiens is Latin for Humans(synonym: Human beings). I'm glad you like Latin, but it's okay to translate into English.
In English, it actually means homo = man sapiens = wise.

Its okay you like English, but you should know how to correctly translate.

Homo sapiens

1.A taxonomic species within the genus Homo human/man.
Googleicious

Syracuse, NY

#266076 Nov 24, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Bitner: "I don't support abortion at all."
You support a woman's right to choose to intentionally kill the little human in her womb.
Same difference.
Not the "same difference" at all. Supporting someone's right to make their own choices does not automatically equate with stupporting a choice that person makes.
Googleicious

Syracuse, NY

#266077 Nov 24, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Just your typical personal attacks using lies, to try to deflect from what we proved were lies posted by you, about the Ariel situation. You played exactly as I knew and posted you would. Here's a biscuit for you, Fido.
Now, as to the countless lies that we proved you posted back then and the lies in your denials in the present, whay say you, Toots? Another post of attacks to deflect? More ignoring of the truth we posted? Anything and everything you can think of but facing the truth. Which is, we all know you're a pathological liar. Even your friends here can see it, but you all deflect from each others' lies or ignore it altogether.
The irony coming from you is amazing.
HUSKER

Muscotah, KS

#266078 Nov 24, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
_____
They just can't admit they are wrong, LOL!

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#266079 Nov 24, 2012
HUSKER wrote:
<quoted text>They just can't admit they are wrong, LOL!
Sadly, you are to bigoted to understand we are right.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#266080 Nov 24, 2012
HUSKER wrote:
<quoted text>No,they don't want to buy someones contraceptives, they know that it is morally wrong to do so .
How is it morally wrong to prevent unexpected/unwanted pregnancies that may result in an abortion? Every one isn't Catholic and follows the rhythm method. So please explain how it is more moral to refuse pregnancy/abortion prevention than it is immoral to provide it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Activist: "Abortion Threatens Black America's F... (Sep '12) 7 hr Diamondiqa 5,514
The resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ, Spir... Sat pcloadletter 62
Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays (Oct '07) Sat feces for jesus 219,634
Jim Bob Duggar Says Petition To Cancel '19 Kids... Sat Lawrence 13
Woman Conceived in Rape Condemns Obamacare's Ra... Sat feces for jesus 31
9 reasons why 2014 was a great year for pro-life Dec 19 Deborah 1
What does a pro-life America look like? Dec 18 justsayin 2
More from around the web