Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 307,005
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#262270 Oct 6, 2012
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>
"actually yes you have, wiesel, when you say that people have no way of knowing where there are going to be more guns - when you say you disagree that a shop in a small southern town is gonna have more guns statistically than a shop in a liberal city wit tight gun laws, like DC, ten YES your claim is that you dont think there's necessarily anymore gun in any place over the other ---------- there IS.......deal with it"

I LIVE in a small southern town, Idiot. I said NOTHING about geography, or politics. I SAID that even with no gun laws, there is no reason to believe there would be any more guns in any given location. That's not the same thing. YOU deal with it.

"my god liberal stupidity knows no bounds - it WOULD, the same way a black dude walking into an Alabama redneck bar of all whites is PROBALBY gonna end up with some negative attention against the black guy........again, he doesnt KNOW anyne there is bigoted, but he doesn have to, he's a rational person who uses his brain.........."

Non sequitur. Stop going off on tangents. You have no focus.

"same reason a crook is less likely to rob a gun shop, he doesnt KNOW people inthere are carrying, but he doesnt have to, he uses good & logical judgement..........get it?"

Again, I disagree. You can repeat it all you like, it's just your opinion.

"now BOY, listen here, if you'r gonna debate, you cant just run from questions (thats the cowards way out, & its been a fav. or yours, Bitners, LNMoons & others for years).........STOP SIDESTEPPING & answer the question:
if you're gonna rob a store, do you A) go into a place thats filled with people who most likely WONT be armed, or do you B) go to a place thats probably filled with ARMED citizens?"

Listen up, you whiny Little Girl, your question HAS been answered. You don't get to change it up just because you didn't get the answers you wanted the first time.

I disagree that a loosening of gun laws would be a deterrent to someone going in and shooting a bunch of people in a public place. And THAT was your original contention. I'm not going to address every fricken other thing under the sun. Piss off, LITTLE GIRL.

“OUCH”

Since: Mar 07

Russell Springs, KY

#262271 Oct 6, 2012
_Bad Axe wrote:
<quoted text>You like judging people as "pagan", kinda like the Islamic extremist consider non believers as infidels, could you imagine how peaceful and wonderful this world would be with out your kind's religious extremism and hatred? Probably not, but can you at least understand why people like you make most of us think you just a simpleton and a hypocrite?
Good things do happen,welcome back!

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#262272 Oct 6, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Stop avoiding my question.
AGAIN...do you own your husbands penis during sex and do you have a right to cut it off when it's inside you?
It's not inside me long enough at any given time to do so. That's because MY husband know's what he's doing. The man's penis is supposed to be moving in and out, at speed usually, but I suppose you don't know that. If YOU would have time to get a knife between you and your husband in order to cut HIS penis off, then he's doing it wrong. I'm sorry for your wretched sex life.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#262273 Oct 6, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Why would i want to do what? I wouldn't.
I'm talking to Bitler. She made the claim that anything inside her is hers. She can therefore do whatever she wants to it (like her own child she can kill because its in her body).
She's sillying her way around answering my question. Did you notice? Lol
You lie. I never said anything about a child. There could never BE a child inside my body.

Your question is stupid. Why on earth would I want to cut off my husband's penis? I like it right where it is, attached to my husband. Unlike your own husband, apparently, mine actually knows how to use his.

There is no comparison between a man's penis moving in AND out of a vagina during sex, and what's actually inside a person's body. You wouldn't be able to "cut it off" without cutting the part of your husband that is OUTSIDE your body. OR cutting yourself, for that matter. You thought you had a "gotcha" moment, but you didn't. Sorry, but you were being stupid.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#262274 Oct 6, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<cue crickets>
Bitler? You there? Sweet sassy is patiently awaiting your reply.
;) kthanks
Sorry, Stupid Sassy, but I have a life, do not spend all my time on the computer, and will not always respond to your posts right away. You'll just have to deal with that.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#262275 Oct 6, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>No,I don't think that's it. True, nurses are more and more skilled and have increasing demands put on them. But an ADN and an RN get the same basic nursing education. A BSN has all the core college credits, and statistics, community health, sociology. Same amount of clinical hours for both. Personally, I think it's because they can make demands on the nurses that they couldn't before, since they have to pay high salaries. That's just my theory. If you want to go into nursing administration, you must have at least a BSN, more likely an MSN. Politics:-\
You're probably right. I remember years ago when I worked for the VA there was a walk out of RN's because of the demands being put on them that a BSN was qualified for such as management and teaching in addition to patient care.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#262276 Oct 6, 2012
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>
" think it would be a "horror".- OMG, you actually think that its a "horror" for any normal citizen to simply own a gun? to simply exercise the 2nd Amendment? REALLY? wow, armed citizens who deter criminals, SUCH TERROR!
"in cases of school and workplace shootings" - BULLSHIT, you're falsely assuming that in those cases they only happened b/c the perp had the gun on him and had NO INTENTION to begin with of killing anyone - that he just "up & decided" to kill a dozen people, BC HE HAD A GUN..........so the Columbine kids didnt PLAN ahead ? the Dark Knight shooter just happened to have some machine guns on his belt & "got mad" so he shot up a theater?
you're DREAMING lady, why dont you go find some stats that show us the majority of shootings occur out of the blue & would have never happened if the guy had simply "calmed down" or "not had his gun on him AT THE TIME"..........yea right
"No inconvenience for them since their guns were right within reach." - so you're obviously for banning all knives.......and asprin.........and razors for shaving, and powertools, nailguns, you know all these things can KILL people as well........why arent you for banning them, why arent you AGAINST owning these things hypocrite? OUCH, logic hurts.....
you're also so idiotically assuming that those who kill family members only do so b/c they have access to guns, that they WOULDNT DARE use knives, baseball bats, blunt objects, their bare hands..........idiot
"It does sometimes happen" - SOMETIMES, sometimes means nothing..........cops face 100 times the "stress" you speak of & 99.99 percent of them dont take their guns out & shoot others....
so, WHY in the world do you think average folks are gonna start???
LOGIC.......its hurts
"REALLY? wow, armed citizens who deter criminals, SUCH TERROR! "

You have yet to prove your assertion that it deters criminals. You already admitted that criminals won't know who has a gun, so how would they be deterred by what they don't know.

" why dont you go find some stats"

Funny coming from you since you keep making remarks claiming they're "facts" yet you haven't shown a shred of proof. We were talking about citizens commonly carrying guns and if you think that wouldn't lead to spontaneous shootings then I say you're naive. Do you actually think it doesn't happen? And yes, many people would not feel comfortable out in public places knowing most everyone has a gun on them.

And by the way...the 2nd amendment refers to militias.

"OUCH, logic hurts....."

When am I going to see you use some?

"you're also so idiotically assuming that those who kill family members only do so b/c they have access to guns, that they WOULDNT DARE use knives, baseball bats, blunt objects, their bare hands..........idiot"

I never said that at all. Since you have now admitted that people will do such crazy things, would you now want these crazy fools walking around in public with guns on them?

"cops face 100 times the "stress" you speak of & 99.99 percent of them dont take their guns out & shoot others...."

Cops are trained law enforcement people. That's their job. They know what they may face every day. And yes, there are cops out there who snap and do the wrong thing, but we still need law enforcement, but we don't need any average angry nut (like you) walking around with guns.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#262277 Oct 6, 2012
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>
oh & one more thing......l..........you say that if more people had carry permits/guns on their side that more would start shootings out of anger.....do you not realize that the very knowledge that everyones carrying would in itself be a FURTHER deterrant from pulling out ur pistol in anger..........
think, whose willing to whip it out if the majority in the room is armed?
LOGIC..........yea, it hurts stupid people
Yeah, it seems to be killing you, since you're one of the stupidest people on here. And the most unstable. And the angriest. And the most naive.

Again, back in the original Old West discussion most men were carrying guns, right out where they could be seen, and they had shotguns in their houses, and there was plenty of crimes and killings and violence. Whole gangs of thugs robbing and killing and they knew most men had guns, and they committed crimes anyway.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#262278 Oct 6, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Stop avoiding my question.
AGAIN...do you own your husbands penis during sex and do you have a right to cut it off when it's inside you?
Why are you so obsessed with her husband's penis all of a sudden? Creepy.

“OUCH”

Since: Mar 07

Russell Springs, KY

#262279 Oct 6, 2012
_Bad Axe wrote:
<quoted text>My point was, before you tell a woman she must carry a pregnancy to term you should be willing to bare some of the consequences of such demands, such as adopt a child or two. Especially when the poster pointed out that adoption was an alternative.
It is an alternative,many willing folks,are discouraged in doing so for many reasons. I'd say money would be the main factor.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/229384-why-...

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#262280 Oct 6, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
"The purpose of a D&C is to "evacuate" the uterus. Period."
You fools try to use the PL arguments as though they're your own.
You never learn. I have always and will always be able to prove my claims about things you've posted here, and prove you're the liar.
I posted:
"We were paying attention then, and still are now. Some PCers were,(and still are) claiming a D&C for treatment of an incomplete spontaneous abortion is "an abortion procedure"..."
You replied with, "I at NO time EVER made the claim that a D&C is an "abortion procedure for the treatment of an incomplete spontaneous abortion..."
Then you try to educate me? LOL.
Let's take a walk down memory lane.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
post 213793
I posted, "...Women don't have "abortions" for a dead fetus that wasn't expelled from the uterus naturally. They have D&C's for that "miscarriage", not to abort or end anything. Just to clear the tissue out so it doesn't cause sepsis-blood poisoning."
You posted about D&C and D&E:
" http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
"...These are ALL forms of ABORTION to remove fetal matter from the uterus."
Here you are again claiming a D&C for a miscarrage is an abortion procedure.
Jan. 20, 2012
I posted in reply to Elise's stupidity:
"An "abortion" procedure is performed for a dead fetus; in other words for a miscarriage? Yikes, hope you're not near graduation anytime soon.
The procedure that's done is not to abort the fetus, but to simply remove the fetus so there's no necrotic tissue left in the uterus and done to prevent sepsis.
The "dead fetus" is "delivered" if it's too big for the body to expell it naturally. It's not aborted, as Peter so ignorantly claimed,..."
I provided a link with information and said, "No "abortion" needed for a dead fetus, not even late term, as I stated and now proved, with a link. "
I was talking about incomplete spontaneous abortions,(miscarriages), because it was about a DEAD fetus in utero and YOU replied with, "A D7C (sic) or a D&E are done, and those are surgical ABORTION procedures as has been shown."
You say, "I at NO time EVER made the claim that a D&C is an "abortion procedure for the treatment of an incomplete spontaneous abortion". Not in those words, because those are MY words you put in quotes, but you have said that when a D&C is used to remove a dead fetus from the uterus, it's an abortion procedure.
"I said, and maintain, that its IS a procedure used for abortion, AS WELL AS for many OTHER issues."
I was the one educating you dimwits about what D&Cs are, as is proven in this post back in Jan. when some of you were claiming a D&C is an abortion procedure.
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/dilation-and ...
"Dilation and curettage (D&C) is a procedure in which your doctor removes tissue from the inside of your uterus. Dilation and curettage is used to diagnose or treat various uterine conditions such as heavy bleeding or to clear the uterine lining after a miscarriage or abortion.
In a dilation and curettage, which is sometimes spelled "dilatation and curettage," your doctor dilates, or opens, your cervix. Your cervix is the lower part of your uterus that separates your vagina and uterus. A surgical instrument called a curette is then inserted into your uterus to remove tissue. Curettes used in a dilation and curettage can be sharp or can use suction." "
Once again, it's been proven you're the liar.
ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!**pat pat** Isn't it cute when Lynnie plays selective cut and paste in her vain attempts to make it look like she's proven something?

Lynniekins, you haven't even managed to educate yourself, let along anyone else. Carry on dunce. LOL!

Location hidden

#262281 Oct 6, 2012
HUSKERlicious wrote:
<quoted text>My doctor said that this is what they do now instead of a D&C,
WebMD Home next page Women's Health
Email a Friend
Save
Print Article
Women's Health Trends:
* Pregnancy Symptoms
* Yeast Infection
* Urinary Tract Infections
* Endometriosis
* Thyroid Problems
* Kegel Exercises
Women's Health
Tools & Resources
* 9 Tips for Fresh Breath
* Best Foods for Your Teeth
* The Skinny on Whole Grains
* Help for Dry and Itchy Skin
* Get Smart About Wrinkles
* Weight Loss Pills: Pro or Con?
Endometrial ablation
Endometrial ablation is a procedure that destroys (ablates) the uterine lining, or endometrium. This procedure is used to treat dysfunctional or abnormal uterine bleeding. Sometimes a lighted viewing instrument (hysteroscope) is used to see inside the uterus. Endometrial ablation can be done by:
* Laser beam (laser thermal ablation).
* Heat (thermal ablation), using:
o Radiofrequency.
o A balloon filled with saline solution that has been heated to 85&#65533;C (185&#65533;F)(thermal balloon ablation).
o Normal saline (heated free fluid).
* Electricity, using a resectoscope with a loop or rolling ball electrode.
* Freezing.
* Microwave.
The endometrium heals by scarring, which usually reduces or prevents uterine bleeding.
Recommended Related to Women
Endometrial ablation may be done in an outpatient facility or your doctor's office. The procedure can take up to about 45 minutes. The procedure may be done using a local or spinal anesthesia. And general anesthesia is sometimes used.
You don't do endometrial ablations to remove fetal tissue after an elective or spontaneous abortion. This is recommended for women who bleed heavily during the menstrual cycle and are not planning to have children right away or anymore children. My sister had to have this done last year because during her cycle she was always becoming anemic.

Location hidden

#262282 Oct 6, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, you lie and were caught. I provided your old posts from Jan. of this year that show you did said it was an abortion procedure, even when used for treatment of a miscarriage.
You're now trying to educate us as though we hadn't been providing that information back in Jan.? lol. You're a fool to think you'd be able to get away with the lies and stupidity you just posted.
You're a moron Lynniekins. I never said it was an abortion procedure when used "for treatment of miscarriage", I SAID ITS THE SAME PROCEDURE NO MATTER WHAT ITS USED FOR.

BTW Lynniekins, It wasn't just you providing info back in January, the rest of us were providing it as well.

But keep posting your endless - and meaningless - diatrabes Lynniekins. The ONLY one you're convincing is yourself - at least for your sake I hope so. The rest of us know you're nuckin futs.

DAMN You're stupid.

Location hidden

#262283 Oct 6, 2012
_Bad Axe wrote:
<quoted text>Hey RC, good to see you too!
KEV!! <<<HUGS>> Its great to see you back!!

Location hidden

#262284 Oct 6, 2012
_Bad Axe wrote:
<quoted text>So go bother your husband and quit nauseating me with your fantasies and obsessions, ya freak.
Oh! Can I steal this line for Lynne? LOL!!

Location hidden

#262285 Oct 6, 2012
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>((gasp))
I'd respond to this, but I don't want anyone knowing that I read it, so I won't come up with a smartass comment like I normally wood errr would. Don't tempt
It's ok. If your head board isn't getting replaced a time or two in your life span, then the sex sucked.

“qui tacet consentire ”

Since: Oct 12

Detroit

#262286 Oct 6, 2012
OLD LADY wrote:
<quoted text>
It is an alternative,many willing folks,are discouraged in doing so for many reasons. I'd say money would be the main factor.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/229384-why-...
It's not that I dont think adoption is a better alternative, it's just that the same people who tell women they can not abort tell OTHER people they must adopt. They seem to have the answers for everyone else but aren't willing to be part of the solution they propose.
Adoption is a lengthy and hard process, as it must be, adding another million babies a year would only greatly reduce those standards.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#262287 Oct 6, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>You don't do endometrial ablations to remove fetal tissue after an elective or spontaneous abortion. This is recommended for women who bleed heavily during the menstrual cycle and are not planning to have children right away or anymore children. My sister had to have this done last year because during her cycle she was always becoming anemic.
I had one three years ago, due to Adenomyosis. And I told her the same thing, it's not a treatment that replaces a D&C. She says her doctor told her it was, but she's an admitted liar.

“qui tacet consentire ”

Since: Oct 12

Detroit

#262288 Oct 6, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
KEV!! <<<HUGS>> Its great to see you back!!
Hey Foo, great to see you, as always.

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

#262289 Oct 6, 2012
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>You know there there's years waiting list... adoption is in demand
It's foster kids that are hard to place, not babies
Not quite.

There are babies waiting to be placed, as well. They often have health and/or other dysfunctions that make them difficult to place. Some are FASD babies, or are born addicted to drugs, or have profound physical/developmental abnormalities unrelated to substance abuse.

These special needs kids need truly special parents.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Studies Show Voters Can Be Swayed on Gay Marria... 6 min WeTheSheeple 2
Activist: "Abortion Threatens Black America's F... (Sep '12) 10 hr Diamondiqa 5,514
The resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ, Spir... Sat pcloadletter 62
Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays (Oct '07) Sat feces for jesus 219,634
Jim Bob Duggar Says Petition To Cancel '19 Kids... Sat Lawrence 13
Woman Conceived in Rape Condemns Obamacare's Ra... Sat feces for jesus 31
9 reasons why 2014 was a great year for pro-life Dec 19 Deborah 1
More from around the web