Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311324 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“A person is a person no matter”

Since: Sep 07

how small.

#227388 Mar 31, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Hence the need for thorough medical exams, for the woman to give a complete medical history, education and informed consent.
All medications carry risk.
informed consent to be poisoned? Inform consent to kill her own child? Or how about the child that is put on birth control with hardly a medical exam, much less a blood test, and how about a complete medical exam on the contraceptive being used. I am sure you have heard how many are being recalled because of the dangerous side effects including death, have you not?

how small.

#227389 Mar 31, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
It is neither insane, nor stupid. Merely a fact that you cannot refute.
I can surely refute it alright, the fact is that you are so entrenched in the culture of death you can not see the dangers your mindset puts on women, and children.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#227390 Mar 31, 2012
marysaidyes2life wrote:
<quoted text>I can surely refute it alright, the fact is that you are so entrenched in the culture of death you can not see the dangers your mindset puts on women, and children.
You can't refute it, it's a fact. If you even THOUGHT you could, you'd have made the attempt, instead of wasting space just trying to be insulting.

Again, anything done for the patient by a healthcare professional in their professional capacity, is healthcare. No matter how much you don't like the medicine/proceedure.

how small.

#227391 Mar 31, 2012
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you say it, doesn't make it so.
It isn't just because I say, but it because children and pregnancy are not a disease that it is not health care to kill or prevent them with drugs or tools. And to say so is insane and stupid as well as dangerous.

how small.

#227392 Mar 31, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't refute it, it's a fact. If you even THOUGHT you could, you'd have made the attempt, instead of wasting space just trying to be insulting.
Again, anything done for the patient by a healthcare professional in their professional capacity, is healthcare. No matter how much you don't like the medicine/proceedure.
I am not being insulting, you are the one who is insulting yourself, by being so stupid. Try reading and thinking about what you are actually saying!

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#227393 Mar 31, 2012
marysaidyes2life wrote:
<quoted text>I am not being insulting, you are the one who is insulting yourself, by being so stupid. Try reading and thinking about what you are actually saying!
If you can refute it, do so. Otherwise, stop dancing around like this. It's a waste of space.

Anything a healthcare professional does, in their professional capacity, for the patient, is healthcare.

how small.

#227394 Mar 31, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can refute it, do so. Otherwise, stop dancing around like this. It's a waste of space.
Anything a healthcare professional does, in their professional capacity, for the patient, is healthcare.
I offer all the malpractice suits and any procedure that has been made illegal for the dangerous effects on others they have caused including and not limited to partial birth and late term abortions as well as abortion procedures such as saline abortions. and your statement that these would be considered health care by your insane and stupid assertion.

how small.

#227395 Mar 31, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's throw in all the drugs that have been taken off the medicine block because of the dangerous effects despite being issued by medical proffesionals in medical enviornments in medical situtions.

“Beauty on four legs”

Since: Sep 06

Location hidden

#227396 Mar 31, 2012
Badaxe wrote:
<quoted text>Hey P, great to see you, I had to look up "nuanced", lol. You're difficulty one of my favorites. P.S., Mel is doing good!
Good to hear - I still haven't been able to find her! Give her my love, if you can.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#227398 Mar 31, 2012
marysaidyes2life wrote:
<quoted text>I offer all the malpractice suits and any procedure that has been made illegal for the dangerous effects on others they have caused including and not limited to partial birth and late term abortions as well as abortion procedures such as saline abortions. and your statement that these would be considered health care by your insane and stupid assertion.
I'm sorry, but you can't decide a doctor was not giving healthcare just because a medicine was later made illegal. In that time, the doctor was acting professionally in what he thought was the best interest of his patient, and what he was doing WAS, indeed, healthcare. Any legal medical procedure done by a medical professional, is healthcare. You not liking it, doesn't change that.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#227399 Mar 31, 2012
marysaidyes2life wrote:
<quoted text>Let's throw in all the drugs that have been taken off the medicine block because of the dangerous effects despite being issued by medical proffesionals in medical enviornments in medical situtions.
And the doctors were still providing healthcare. You can't retroactively decide they were not just because the medicine was later made illegal. THAT is insane.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#227400 Mar 31, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
And the doctors were still providing healthcare. You can't retroactively decide they were not just because the medicine was later made illegal. THAT is insane.
The drug thalidomide for example:

"Before thalidomide, it was assumed that the placenta provided an effective barrier to exogenous substances".

http://toxipedia.org/display/toxipedia/Thalid...

Tragic. These days thalidomide is only prescribed under tightly controlled conditions and pregnant women will have to find some other way to deal with morning sickness.
foofoo gets busted

United States

#227401 Mar 31, 2012
Non Relativus wrote:
<quoted text>
**** "You're a pathetic but desperate dolt Lynne. LadiLulu Dodo Kenosis Ocean5 Fesus for Jesus are ALL SEPERATE PEOPLE. I KNOW all those people off the forum. Once again, you're wrong. As usual." - Foo ****
LadiLulu: I was Dodo.

“They will lose.”

Since: Apr 11

Falcon can hear the falconer

#227402 Mar 31, 2012
marysaidyes2life wrote:
<quoted text>I am not being insulting, you are the one who is insulting yourself, by being so stupid. Try reading and thinking about what you are actually saying!
You seem a little tense this morning.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#227403 Mar 31, 2012
foofoo gets busted wrote:
<quoted text>Seems like our foofoo here is the pathetic dolt after all. ROFLMAO what a pathological liar she is. Two lies in one post this time around.
Yes dear, we KNOW La was Dodo. We've known that for a long time. And I shouldn't have copied that name to the list. 10000 lashes with a wet noodle for me! LOL!!

Whats the matter child? Too scared to post this under your OWN name? You cowards crack me up! ROFLMAO!
grumpy

New City, NY

#227404 Mar 31, 2012
Tom Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
She can file for divorce due to her husband's inability and refusal to provide spousal sexual responsibility. A man can file for his wife not allowing him to have offspring, if she is capable and or destroys the unborn children. It is a reasonable expectation of marriage. it is really the only reason for a marriage. Otherwise just live together like savages.
There are responsibilities adults who marry must abide by. You pagans don't have any real rules but in normal life their are responsibilities involved in a real marriage by real clergy.
Notwithstanding the racial implications of your use of the word "savages", you got bass ackwards. It's the "savages" who see sexual responsibility as the reason for marriage.
grumpy

New City, NY

#227405 Mar 31, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>You expect everyone else to put the same value on a fetus as you do. You feel the fetus is a person just as the born children of the woman you name are people. It's obvious that many, many women do not share your opinion.
Badaxe is for putting the value of the fetus at the weight of the burden that it puts on the family. Not Badaxe's.
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#227406 Mar 31, 2012
The question will have to narrow down to :

' Who do you trust and believe in the HANDLING of national security matters, foreign policy, freedom and free choices for all, health care, and management of debts, illegals and borders, and economic and domestic policy and people rights issues '

Obama has let Communist China visitor into the Pentagon in February 2012, as the first time ever happened since EVER WAS history of time----but look ---it was a <<<<Chinese Communist FROM A COMMUNIST COUNTRY---DO YOU KNOW THE HUGE DIFFERENCE?>>>> > into US military building of A freedom democratic country USA , and was Obama beyond crazy?

Just by looking at Obama going with Russian president and China president, on this VERY question ALONE, IT would be posed to the free world people:______

"Who would you believe and trust, Romney or Obama, to make you feel more secure and safe?"

Even a kindergarten kid can figure IT out, AS SIMPLE AS THAT !

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#227407 Mar 31, 2012
Badaxe wrote:
<quoted text>First of all, I was arguing from a PL view, not necessarily my own. But to answer your question, personally, I think abortion should be a woman's last choice, not simply a means of birth control, or even secondary birth control. There are legitimate situations I agree with as reason for early termination of a pregnancy, as there are few reasons I agree with for terminating a late term pregnancy, but protection of life, even potential life, must be a high priority in any consideration, legally or morally.
<quoted text>All fetuses are worthy of protection Katie, as are all women. In the early stages of pregnancy, 4 months, I think that the woman's right to privacy probably does super cede a fetuses protection, since the rate of abortion doesn't exceed the rate of miscarriage, per Roe v Wade. How ever, in the fifth and sixth months it should be limited to fetal deformities, the woman's health (not "emotional health") and life, rape, incest and few other extreme circumstances. Once the fetus is viable, it should be limited to health and life of the mother.
As we discussed in another thread, even viable fetuses have no protection in Doe v Bolton, contrary to what most Americans believe and would advocate for.
"Once the fetus is viable, it should be limited to health and life of the mother."
Women in life threatening situations such as eclampsia are treated by birthing the child and often via c-section.

Petey thinks late term abortions are needed for such life threatening situations, but the idiot is wrong., It's treated by "delivery", and the goal is to deliver a live child, not a killed one.

If the fetus is viable, why abortion and not birth? With late term abortions, the fetus still has to be "birthed" after its killed. Why not birth a live child, via c-section if mom's body can't handle induced labor?

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#227408 Mar 31, 2012
Badaxe wrote:
<quoted text>Or perhaps, she made her "choice" to have sex, and now that there is another potential life involved, is terminating that life simply her "choice"? Or is there more value in life which requires more justification when choosing to terminate a potential life? The argument is not about preventing "choice" it's about protecting life,"Pro-Life", not "Anti-Choice", understand?
Well said.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Skagit County judge: Public hospitals must prov... 25 min GEF 1
News S.C. Gov. Haley signs bill outlawing most abort... 3 hr cpeter1313 148
Miss Jenny Abortion Procedure (Apr '14) 17 hr kemi 58
News Meet the retired nurse who pays women not to ha... Fri cpeter1313 1
News Abortion rights advocates: Illuminate meant to ... (Aug '13) Jun 21 xoxo80 49
News Ohio ACLU concerned over buffer zone around abo... Jun 16 cpeter1313 1
News Abortion is the Biggest Single Negative Force o... Jun 14 J Worthington Sno... 3
More from around the web