Ad targets Romney on abortion, Planne...

Ad targets Romney on abortion, Planned Parenthood

There are 78 comments on the The Washington Post story from Jul 7, 2012, titled Ad targets Romney on abortion, Planned Parenthood. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

President Obama goes after Mitt Romney's stance on abortion and Planned Parenthood in a TV ad that starts airing Saturday in Virginia and seven other swing states.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Ocean56

AOL

#23 Jul 8, 2012
Bringmedinner wrote:
No one wants to deny your sexual and reproductive choice. Human beings just want to keep you animals from killing other human beings.
Yes, anti-choice imbeciles like yourself DO want to deny women the freedom to make our own sexual and reproductive choices. Abortion is part of that choice when a woman DOESN'T want to stay pregnant.

The ones who want to "get rid of" Planned Parenthood, including Romney, would also prevent low-income and poor women from getting the contraception that PREVENTS unwanted pregnancy, which in turn prevents more abortions. That's why anti-choice idiots like Romney would make a lousy President and why I'd NEVER vote for him.
Ocean56

AOL

#24 Jul 8, 2012
jim wrote:
Thats the thing w/ abortion,If your protecting the unborn your not considering the choice to murder. Women have choices in life, some are right and some are wrong.Just in case it all matters,please don't ask me to pay for your poor choice.I love cute little human babies.
How nice for you, since YOU aren't the one who has to carry a pregnancy, including all the health risks of that pregnancy, for nine months.

Women DO have to take that risk, which is why EACH woman is the person to make the choice. Not YOUR pregnancy? None of your business.

Personally, I'm very grateful for the reliable contraception that has kept me pregnancy-FREE the last 18+ years. I so love NOT being pregnant.

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#25 Jul 8, 2012
jim wrote:
Thats the thing w/ abortion,If your protecting the unborn your not considering the choice to murder. Women have choices in life, some are right and some are wrong.Just in case it all matters,please don't ask me to pay for your poor choice.I love cute little human babies.
Gee Jim, you failed to answer my question. I wonder why?
jim

Manchester, NH

#26 Jul 8, 2012
the rights of the unborn child,and public funds used for murdering unborn children. The only moral exception to the murder of an unborn child is to save the life of the mother.And then the family takes their dead baby home and has a proper funeral.It's a tough argument I agree, now that we have a dictator who wouldn't want his daughters to be "punished w/a baby" I love to hear these people talk about how abortion is this great solution for the lack of personal responsibility. And then tell me I'm extreme cause I won't pay for it.
Another

United States

#27 Jul 8, 2012
jim wrote:

and public funds used

lie - doesn't happen.

Aside from the inflammatory BS of calling it murder.
jim

Manchester, NH

#28 Jul 8, 2012
Who do you think pays for the million a year abortions handed out by planned parenthood? And what do you call it when someone pokes a needle up your whatever and scrapes out a living fetus and if it's not dead pokes it some more? You call that choice, I call it murder. Oh it's murder alright,it's cold blooded,premeditated murder, but we will all be forgiven as long as it stops, and it will.

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#29 Jul 9, 2012
jim wrote:
the rights of the unborn child,and public funds used for murdering unborn children. The only moral exception to the murder of an unborn child is to save the life of the mother.And then the family takes their dead baby home and has a proper funeral.It's a tough argument I agree, now that we have a dictator who wouldn't want his daughters to be "punished w/a baby" I love to hear these people talk about how abortion is this great solution for the lack of personal responsibility. And then tell me I'm extreme cause I won't pay for it.
The unborn have no rights.

The only reason to claim the unborn have rights from the moment of conception is simply another attempt at second class citizenship for women/girls.

Why bother saving the mothers life? Apparently you are unaware that catholic hospitals will not perform an abortion to save the life of the mother? They believe that women who cannot give birth are worthless, of course they do not state it in that manner (would not be popular) but the results are the same.

Since you seem to be so big on "responsibility" why would a raped woman/girl not be allowed the morning after pill or an abortion?

As far as responsibility goes take it up with men. For ages many have walked away from their responsibilities.

Abortion would be taking responsibility in the case of a woman/girl with an unwanted pregnancy.

How many have you given birth to Jim?
Ocean56

AOL

#30 Jul 9, 2012
jim wrote:
Fetuses DON'T have rights, jimmy, since they aren't persons.

Personally, I don't want to be "punished with a baby" either, since I'm DONE with the whole procreation thing. I chose to stop at ONE child, and I have no desire or intention to have more. For me, pregnancy WOULD be a punishment, as it would be for any teen girl who had other plans that DIDN'T include being a teen mom.

The idiots who want to get rid of Planned Parenthood, including Romney, obviously don't want women to get access to reliable contraception that PREVENTS unwanted pregnancy either. When a pregnancy is prevented, so is abortion. Or do you just not get [email protected]@
Ocean56

AOL

#31 Jul 9, 2012
I went to Planned Parenthood quite often when I was 18+ and had just moved to a big city. I knew that if I chose to have sex at some point, I DIDN'T want to get pregnant, so I needed reliable contraception to PREVENT that unwanted outcome. They charged very LITTLE money for that contraception, and I was very grateful to get it. I would have had to pay MORE anywhere else.

The Planned Parenthood facility I went to was terrific. The medical staff were very knowledgable and helpful, they answered all my questions on preventing unwanted pregnancy and STD's, and finally set me up with the contraception that I felt would work best for me. Thanks to Planned Parenthood and its wonderful staff, I never got pregnant before the time when I WANTED to become a mother, which wasn't until my 30's. I never got a sexually transmitted disease either. I went OFF birth control when I decided I was ready for the responsibility.

I strongly suggest that teens avoid all types of sexual activity with partners while in middle or high school because even WITH the use of birth control and condoms, unwanted pregnancy is still a possibility. Must protection always be used if for any reason a teen girl or guy decides to have sex? ABSOLUTELY, and EVERY time too. Is that protection a GUARANTEE a girl will never get pregnant? Absolutely NOT. All birth control methods can and do fail occasionally. When BC fails and a pregnancy results, it is still the girl's/woman's decision whether to continue it or not.

“Let Them Live”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#32 Jul 9, 2012
jim wrote:
Who do you think pays for the million a year abortions handed out by planned parenthood? And what do you call it when someone pokes a needle up your whatever and scrapes out a living fetus and if it's not dead pokes it some more? You call that choice, I call it murder. Oh it's murder alright,it's cold blooded,premeditated murder, but we will all be forgiven as long as it stops, and it will.
Very well put!

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#34 Jul 10, 2012
jim wrote:
Up your whatever?

Obviously a bit void on the female anatomy.

Funny that you should be so passionate on on a subject you seem to know little about.

You and the boys should be more concerned about where you stick your "whatever" and make certain you have suited up in order to avoid your part in an unwanted pregnancy being so passionate and all.
jim

Lewiston, ME

#35 Jul 11, 2012
You will be forgiven.Love your unborn child,Stop the killing !
Ocean56

AOL

#36 Jul 12, 2012
jim wrote:
You will be forgiven.Love your unborn child,Stop the killing !
Not all women want or love children. NO woman has to be a mother if she doesn't WANT to be. Prevention of unwanted pregnancy is better than abortion, but all contraceptive methods can and DO fail sometimes.

Motherhood is OPTIONAL, not required. Get used to it.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#37 Jul 12, 2012
KING TUT OBAMA wrote:
BIGGEST Communist LIE of 20th century in America.
That women were 2nd class citizens!
Communist Manifestos main goals to destroy capitalism.
Destroy Prvate Property like Obama is doing and DESTROY the FAMILY STRUCTURE.
Wise up!
The Catholic Jesus Freak Joe Paterno has abandoned 15 teenage boys to make money off PSU football

“Let Them Live”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#38 Jul 12, 2012
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Up your whatever?
Obviously a bit void on the female anatomy.
Funny that you should be so passionate on on a subject you seem to know little about.
You and the boys should be more concerned about where you stick your "whatever" and make certain you have suited up in order to avoid your part in an unwanted pregnancy being so passionate and all.
Mister, you and Mr. Shovelhead should hook up.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#39 Jul 16, 2012
"He has the idiocy to feign outrage over Obamacare, even while he touts Romneycare a carbon copy of Obamacare as a virtuous success, supported by 90% of Massachusetts residents."
PATRIOT

Carmel, ME

#41 Jul 16, 2012
A Baby is Life wrote:
<quoted text>Mister, you and Mr. Shovelhead should hook up.
Mr. and Mrs. Shovelhead-now that would be one the gay weddings of the decade, along with Barney Frank and the kid.
jim

Merrimack, NH

#42 Jul 18, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all women want or love children. NO woman has to be a mother if she doesn't WANT to be. Prevention of unwanted pregnancy is better than abortion, but all contraceptive methods can and DO fail sometimes.
Motherhood is OPTIONAL, not required. Get used to it.
So using that logic I guess 'No man has to be a father if he doesn't want to be' Stunning how selfish this bunch of killers really are.They hate their own parents for having them,figure that one out.

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#43 Jul 18, 2012
jim wrote:
<quoted text>So using that logic I guess 'No man has to be a father if he doesn't want to be' Stunning how selfish this bunch of killers really are.They hate their own parents for having them,figure that one out.
Yes, selfish should be preserved for males only.

Women are "suppose' to be subservient twits. Yeah we got that.

Guess women now are free to be AS selfish as men....poor you, bet it makes you want to cry!
Ocean56

AOL

#44 Jul 19, 2012
jim wrote:
So using that logic I guess 'No man has to be a father if he doesn't want to be' Stunning how selfish this bunch of killers really are.They hate their own parents for having them,figure that one out.
That's right, jimmy, there are quite a few deadbeat dads out there, whining about their responsibilities as dads to boot. Why should women be FORCED into motherhood if they never wanted to be pregnant in the first place? They shouldn't, and thankfully, they AREN'T.

All I said was that motherhood is OPTIONAL, not required. That simply means that just because one is a woman doesn't mean she wants to or has to be a mother. Some women DON'T want children, ever, and some of us are DONE after one. Get over it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Bruddah Z 322,185
News Senate GOP on track to OK judicial pick rated n... 15 hr Trump is a joke 13
News Waste Hauler Dumps Kentucky's Last Abortion Cli... 15 hr Escondito 5
News Activist: "Abortion Threatens Black America's F... (Sep '12) Tue Lori899 6,125
News This election will test Trump's staying power i... Dec 9 Christian Fumblem... 1
News Oregon man charged with federal tax evasion say... Dec 8 cpeter1313 1
Pro life for women Dec 8 June VanDerMark 67
More from around the web