Posted in the Abortion Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Hannah

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Sep 21, 2012
by Kristi Burton Brown

http://liveactionnews.org/investigative/media...

Or tissue bumps, for that matter? Or even pregnancy bumps? It is telling that the American media continually refers to famous people’s unborn babies as just that - babies. But when these same media outlets discuss abortion or pro-life legislation, it’s all about the fetus. When the media wants everyday citizens to identify with and love celebrities, it proclaims glad news about unborn babies and baby bumps. After all, even our liberal media knows that people – most of us, anyway – love babies. But when the media wants us to keep abortion legal, they resort to references, names, and words that make those same unborn babies sound inhuman.

Has the American media ever considered that, when it advocates for abortion, it advocates aborting the babies in those celebrity “baby bumps”? Does this mean that our media recognizes the fact that unborn babies are indeed living, unique human beings and yet supports killing them anyway? I’d have to say the answer is yes. With all the advances in medicine and technology [ http://www.dakotavoice.com/Docs/South%20Dakot... ], specifically, it’s impossible to deny that an unborn baby is a separate human being.

Some liberal columnists have come to the realization that ultrasound imaging has indeed made the humanity of the unborn child undeniable:

"…[F]amous pro-choice journalist, Joe Klein, concedes in TIME magazine that ultrasound has changed our understanding of the unborn. It is impossible to deny, he writes, that ‘that thing in the womb,’ he writes,‘is a human life.’

Robert Morrison of Family Research Council has written an insightful article (you should read it: http://www.frcblog.com/2012/09/falling-for-th... ) concerning the abortion debate, politics, the media, and the reversal of Roe v. Wade. He points out the hypocrisy of the mainstream media – and liberal politicians – when it comes to the humanity of the unborn:

"The mainstream media won’t even call them unborn children. Except if they are the unborn children of an English Duchess. Kate Middleton’s possible pregnancy has excited the tab press. There, it’s OK to talk about a ‘baby bump.’ Or, if the unborn child is expected by a Hollywood starlet.

"Babies bump out everywhere. Except in politics. Except in federal court briefs.

So while it may be encouraging on one level to hear the media blither happily on about baby bumps and expected “children,” it’s also extremely discouraging that these same people can so easily support the killing of these same babies. Listen to these comments from the media:

** "The 32-year-old former “Girls Next Door” and “Holly’s World” star is expectingher first child…"

**“Hawaii-Five 0” star Alex O’Loughlin is preparing for baby. On Tuesday, a rep for the actor confirmed to Access Hollywood that Alex is expecting a child with his girlfriend…"

** "With less than two months until Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi baby boy is due to arrive, the first-time mom is feeling the pressure…"

But when the mother wants an abortion, the baby is often demoted to fetus-status. Demotion to fetus-status means one thing: you are ripe for killing. Does it really make women feel better to know that our children are called “babies” and “children” when we want them, but “fetuses,”“products of conception,” and “tissue” when we don’t want them? Do we really need a cover like that to exercise our true rights? I think not. I know not. As a woman, I reject the cover of lies that the mainstream media and liberal politicians continually use on us.

Women, when you have an abortion, you are killing your baby. Yes, your baby. No matter how many ways the media and politicians try to spin the truth, we know as women that the babies growing inside us are our own children. Children who deserve nothing but our love and protection – no matter how they were conceived.
xray vision

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Sep 21, 2012
Brilliant post^^
Hannah

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Sep 22, 2012
xray vision wrote:
Brilliant post^^
No one has ever credibly accused abortion advocates of having a logically coherent lexicon or a morally coherent worldview.

[from the article -- http://liveactionnews.org/investigative/media... ] "... My favorite example of this curious avoidance of the truth that everyone knows was a report by the late Peter Jennings. The ABC News Anchor described breakthrough prenatal surgery.‘The fetus was diagnosed with hydrocephaly, water on the brain. Doctors removed the fetus from the mother’s womb. They put a shunt into the back of the head of the unborn child. They returned the unborn child to the womb, where the mother carried the fetus safely to term.’

"Did we follow Peter on that one? Fetus-unborn child-fetus. It all depended on where the human being happened to be located. Within the womb, it was a fetus, outside the womb–even temporarily, even preterm–it was an unborn child.

"Sen. John Kerry spoke to the problem liberals have with ‘that thing in the womb.’ In Senate debate on the Unborn Victims of Violence Act, Kerry said we cannot simultaneously regard the fetus as a human being and preserve ‘a woman’s right to choose.’ Kerry voted that the child in the womb is therefore not a human being. It is the same position that state Senator Barack Obama took in Illinois."

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#4 Sep 22, 2012
"Fetus bump" is not alliterative. The media like alliteration.

What's pitiful is you pretending anything the media says proves your non-point. This is the same media that the majority of you claim has a liberal bias. UNLESS, of course, they say something you want them to say, THEN it's okay.

You're hypocrites, and pitiful.

“A person is a person no matter”

Since: Sep 07

how small.

#5 Sep 22, 2012
Bitner wrote:
What's pitiful is you pretending anything the media says proves your non-point. This is the same media that the majority of you claim has a liberal bias. UNLESS, of course, they say something you want them to say, THEN it's okay.
except when it doesn't suit their agenda right? Your box is showing, better dress it up some!

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#6 Sep 22, 2012
marysaidyes2life wrote:
<quoted text>except when it doesn't suit their agenda right? Your box is showing, better dress it up some!
Yes, the anti-choice fetus worshippers don't pay any attention to the media when it doesn't suit their agenda.

I have no box. That is just your lie.
God Is The Only Choice

Painesville, OH

#7 Sep 22, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the anti-choice fetus worshippers don't pay any attention to the media when it doesn't suit their agenda.
Are you of the opinion that calling pro life people "fetus worshippers" is offensive to us? It's not.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#8 Sep 22, 2012
God Is The Only Choice wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you of the opinion that calling pro life people "fetus worshippers" is offensive to us? It's not.
"us"? You got a mouse in your pocket?

You're an arrogant thing. You don't get to speak for anyone but yourself.

“A person is a person no matter”

Since: Sep 07

how small.

#9 Sep 23, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You have done an extraordinary job building your box, aren't you proud of your position?

Yeah, fetus bump has no articulate value, to anyone especially the media who seems quite in favor of abortion, but why the need to devalue the unborn human being only when speaking of abortion? Seems like that is their "agenda" and part of your little box! I know you have a problem admitting you have boxed your self in, but that is what you are doing, and you just keep reinforcing it. I would say it is funny, but truly I think it is quite sad. Apparently you do to, because you can't even be honest about it.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#10 Sep 23, 2012
marysaidyes2life wrote:
<quoted text>You have done an extraordinary job building your box, aren't you proud of your position?
Yeah, fetus bump has no articulate value, to anyone especially the media who seems quite in favor of abortion, but why the need to devalue the unborn human being only when speaking of abortion? Seems like that is their "agenda" and part of your little box! I know you have a problem admitting you have boxed your self in, but that is what you are doing, and you just keep reinforcing it. I would say it is funny, but truly I think it is quite sad. Apparently you do to, because you can't even be honest about it.

I said ALLITERATIVE, Moron, not articulate.

What's funny is that you want to pretend the "liberal biased" media is relevant in this matter at all.
God Is The Only Choice

Painesville, OH

#11 Sep 23, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you actually read my post? I asked if you thought it was offensive to "pro life" people? You obviously have no idea what arrogant is. I asked you a question, if you can't answer it, then say so.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#12 Sep 23, 2012
<quoted text>
Did you actually read my post? I asked if you thought it was offensive to "pro life" people? You obviously have no idea what arrogant is. I asked you a question, if you can't answer it, then say so.
I read your post. Obviously you didn't understand my point. Not my problem. You can only speak for yourself.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#13 Sep 23, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't find it offensive either. I accept that you don't know that only God is worthy of worship.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#14 Sep 23, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't find it offensive either. I accept that you don't know that only God is worthy of worship.
You are only speaking for yourself.

I don't care if anyone finds it offensive or not, though clearly some do. I find it an appropriate label for many on here, because they obviously care more about the unborn than the born. They don't hold life sacred; they revere the fetus to the eclusion of all other life. Hence the term fetus worshipper.

What I objected to was the troll claiming to speak for all anti-choice. I wasn't talking to her, and I wasn't talking to you.
God Is The Only Choice

Painesville, OH

#15 Sep 23, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet, she said she read my post AND thinks she answered the question. Too funny how she twists words. She did NOT answer my question. I don't even know why they use that term? It's not offensive in any way to me.
God Is The Only Choice

Painesville, OH

#16 Sep 23, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You are only speaking for yourself.
I don't care if anyone finds it offensive or not, though clearly some do. I find it an appropriate label for many on here, because they obviously care more about the unborn than the born. They don't hold life sacred; they revere the fetus to the eclusion of all other life. Hence the term fetus worshipper.
What I objected to was the troll claiming to speak for all anti-choice. I wasn't talking to her, and I wasn't talking to you.
Well, we can talk to you even if you weren't talking to us, as I've seen you say to many people. Now you are speaking for ME which is what you claim I was doing! You don't know how I feel about "all life", so speak for YOURSELF, and yourself only. You're guessing, and that's not allowed by your own standards here. Your bad.
Ocean56

AOL

#17 Sep 23, 2012
Bitner wrote:
From all I have observed from the right-wing kooks, they hate ANY broadcast media station that isn't Fox NOISE...oops, I meant Fox News.

If these imbeciles had THEIR way, all stations would broadcast the same right-wing garbage as Fox. Luckily for all of us, that is NOT the case.
Ocean56

AOL

#18 Sep 23, 2012
Ink wrote:
"Only God is worthy of worship." That a BELIEF, not a fact. FTR, I don't "worship" anything, including deities that I consider IMAGINARY.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#19 Sep 23, 2012
<quoted text>
Yet, she said she read my post AND thinks she answered the question. Too funny how she twists words. She did NOT answer my question. I don't even know why they use that term? It's not offensive in any way to me.
Where did I say I'd answered your pointless question? It was based upon the false premise that you are qualified to speak for al anti-choicers. As such, it didn't need an answer.

You speak for no one but yourself.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#20 Sep 23, 2012
<quoted text>
Well, we can talk to you even if you weren't talking to us, as I've seen you say to many people. Now you are speaking for ME which is what you claim I was doing! You don't know how I feel about "all life", so speak for YOURSELF, and yourself only. You're guessing, and that's not allowed by your own standards here. Your bad.
I was not speaking for you, Moron. I wasn't even speaking TO you there. My post had NOTHING to do with you, Arrogant One.

You're delusional.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 hr cpeter1313 306,230
Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays (Oct '07) 12 hr Tre H 219,474
Parents upset over graphic anti-abortion ad nea... 16 hr godless by choice 22
Woman Conceived in Rape Condemns Obamacare's Ra... Mon Mychihuahuawillbite 6
Obama-bashing ads by abortion foe Randall Terry... (Jun '11) Mon hornback12 80
Texas abortion clinics reopen after court reprieve Oct 18 godless by choice 3
Abortion doctors restrictions take root in South Oct 15 godless by choice 9

Abortion People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE