Planned Parenthood provides free Plan B pills

Full story: WNYT Albany 95
Planned Parenthood wants every sexually active person in the Capital Region to have a "Plan B." That's why the health centers in the area participated in free Emergency Contraception Day. Read more
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
steph

Albany, NY

#1 Mar 15, 2008
Lets face it, young people dont always make the wisest decisions. Yes its a normal part of life, but we are now in an age where we dont always have to drastically suffer every bad decision we make. Consider the girls who are exposed to alcohol. Teen drinking is not a new issue. What about the impressionable girls who are too intoxicated to make the right decision? This pill gives that young soul a second chance at a good life. Teen pregnancy and poverty go hand in hand. When does the cycle break?
Kevin

Chaffee, NY

#2 Mar 16, 2008
Back when I was in HS I had to pay for this pill for my g/f. Pretty expensive for a 17 year old.
Gera Schmidt

Sun City, AZ

#3 Mar 21, 2008
There are men who have had women abort 6-7-8 pregnancies! When are men going to start acting like MEN instead of animals? Must be a real kick for them to exploit woman like that. How depraved. They are become so doggy it isn't even funny. Women need to understand being easy is no ticket to joy, let alone a meaningful relationship. Men don't respect an easy piece.
Ocean56

AOL

#4 Mar 21, 2008
Gera Schmidt wrote:
There are men who have had women abort 6-7-8 pregnancies! When are men going to start acting like MEN instead of animals? Must be a real kick for them to exploit woman like that. How depraved. They are become so doggy it isn't even funny. Women need to understand being easy is no ticket to joy, let alone a meaningful relationship. Men don't respect an easy piece.
Oh BROTHER. What does ANY of this idiotic ranting have to do with the thread of the topic, which is free Plan B emergency contraception pills?@@

S.I.N.= Self Inflicted NONSENSE

“RELIGION LEADS TO IGNORANCE”

Since: Mar 08

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Mar 21, 2008
I wonder when all the fanatics will start coming out.

They'll probably bitch about this too.

“Saw 'em April 15th 1977”

Location hidden

#6 Mar 22, 2008
steph wrote:
Lets face it, young people dont always make the wisest decisions. Yes its a normal part of life, but we are now in an age where we dont always have to drastically suffer every bad decision we make. Consider the girls who are exposed to alcohol. Teen drinking is not a new issue. What about the impressionable girls who are too intoxicated to make the right decision? This pill gives that young soul a second chance at a good life. Teen pregnancy and poverty go hand in hand. When does the cycle break?
When we deny the fundamentalists their desire to inflict their warped sense of morality on those who want no part of it.
Ocean56

AOL

#7 Mar 22, 2008
FundieSmacker wrote:
<quoted text>
When we deny the fundamentalists their desire to inflict their warped sense of morality on those who want no part of it.
Exactly, FS, and we've already made progress in that direction. We (the large majority of Americans) told the two militant religionist politicians Romney ("freedom requires religion") and Huckabee ("we need a constitution that meet's God's standard") that we don't WANT either of them to be President of the United States. Can you imagine what either of them would have done to our Constitution and Bill of Rights if one of them had won the nomination and enough fundie idiots voted them into office as they did George II?! We had a VERY narrow escape, let's hope it continues.

Location hidden

#8 Mar 22, 2008
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, FS, and we've already made progress in that direction. We (the large majority of Americans) told the two militant religionist politicians Romney ("freedom requires religion") and Huckabee ("we need a constitution that meet's God's standard") that we don't WANT either of them to be President of the United States. Can you imagine what either of them would have done to our Constitution and Bill of Rights if one of them had won the nomination and enough fundie idiots voted them into office as they did George II?! We had a VERY narrow escape, let's hope it continues.
Since the Chimp-in-Chief has sent the country into financial ruin after inheriting a surplus 8 years ago, let's hope whoever voted for such a moron abstains from ever voting again.

How many more bank failures are coming? Who knows?

How many more people will have to die in a war that even his father refused to be stupid enough to be dragged into?

Georgie went willingly though, didn't he? Oh, not himself of course, as when he and his buddy, aptly named Dick, could have been in Viet-Nam, they both had excuses and lots of money to keep them from feeling that kind of pain, didn't they?

Location hidden

#10 Mar 22, 2008
R Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Despite who I think you really are; I agree with this statement. "Georgie" hmmmmmm "Chimp-in-Chief" ah huh.
Goodness, I'm developing a mystique! I've hardly been here long enough for that. I wonder if I should be flattered...?

“docendo discimus”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#11 Mar 22, 2008
FundieSmacker wrote:
<quoted text>
Goodness, I'm developing a mystique! I've hardly been here long enough for that. I wonder if I should be flattered...?
Oh, a "fundiesmacker" from N.C., isn't that what your great grandma considered herself against the abolitionists and the anti-slavery republicans? So, FundieSmacker is a hooded bigot? Piss off, hypocrite!!

Los Angeles, CA

#12 Mar 22, 2008
Badaxe wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, a "fundiesmacker" from N.C., isn't that what your great grandma considered herself against the abolitionists and the anti-slavery republicans? So, FundieSmacker is a hooded bigot? Piss off, hypocrite!!
Isnt it past your bed time?

Did you forget to take your meds?

“"Education costs money, but ”

Since: Feb 08

then so does ignorance."

#13 Mar 23, 2008
Badaxe wrote:
<quoted text>
wow...the gene pool must have been shallow here.

Location hidden

#14 Mar 23, 2008
Badaxe wrote:
<quoted text>
I've irritated the clueless. My day is complete!
Ocean56

AOL

#15 Mar 23, 2008
Badaxe wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh PLEASE. Is that the best you can do? Oh that's right; for a fundie, it probably is.

“docendo discimus”

Location hidden

#17 Mar 24, 2008
FundieSmacker wrote:
<quoted text>
I've irritated the clueless. My day is complete!
Pffft, the clueless?? lol, dumba.s, Is that what you think I am, a Fundie? Have any of you ingrates ever heard the saying "Our ignorance of history causes us to slander our own times"?
My point was to spotlight the arrogance of your side's big mouths, while trying to point out that the "fundies" can be a formidable foe, such as they were as abolitionist and again during the days of prohibition. Hell, look at recent history and the fear of prosecuting the Catholic Church for crimes committed on children. Do you think that calling them names or threatening to be the "FundieSmacker" is going to scare them from thier ideology? Are you that stupid or is the abortion issue really just not that important to you? Either way, your lack of intellect is not helping your cause.

“docendo discimus”

Location hidden

#18 Mar 24, 2008
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh PLEASE. Is that the best you can do? Oh that's right; for a fundie, it probably is.
A fundie? lol, yeah, sorry, that is the best I can do for you. I mean, it's not like I can draw a picture with crayons in my post so you could understand.

“docendo discimus”

Location hidden

#19 Mar 24, 2008
polgara wrote:
<quoted text>
wow...the gene pool must have been shallow here.
Wow... 100,000 sperm, and you were the fastest?

Los Angeles, CA

#20 Mar 24, 2008
Badaxe wrote:
<quoted text>Wow... 100,000 sperm, and you were the fastest?
Speaking of lack of intellect..

What argument have contributed to this discussion?

none right?

Los Angeles, CA

#21 Mar 24, 2008
Badaxe wrote:
<quoted text>A fundie? lol, yeah, sorry, that is the best I can do for you. I mean, it's not like I can draw a picture with crayons in my post so you could understand.
Nothing you say is worth understanding...

Should I write that in crayon for you?

“docendo discimus”

Location hidden

#22 Mar 24, 2008
GOD DOESNT LIVE HERE wrote:
<quoted text>
What argument have contributed to this discussion?
none right?
Duh, I think you missed a whole word, LOL!! I have contributed plenty,(note that only the newbies questioned me) now, let's address this pathetic need of yours to profess that you are an atheist. Do you really think anyone cares?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Arizona Legislature OKs abortion medication req... 10 min Compassion 8
News Pelosi irks some allies with bipartisan bill 38 min see the li 1
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 44 min Pearl Jam 309,216
News Activist: "Abortion Threatens Black America's F... (Sep '12) 11 hr wise women 5,617
News Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays (Oct '07) 12 hr kent 219,852
News Mississippi Could Soon Shut Down Its Only Abort... (Apr '14) Fri Spotted Girl 13
News Obama-bashing ads by abortion foe Randall Terry... (Jun '11) Thu hornback12 103
More from around the web