The "sex isn't consent to pregnancy" ...

The "sex isn't consent to pregnancy" thing is insulting to women's intelligence

Posted in the Abortion Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

“I was Phillip before.”

Since: Dec 07

New England

#1 Dec 4, 2009
And men's for that matter.
We all know the pro choice line of thinking is all about consequence free sex anyway but this one is just incredibly stupid. I don't know how people are supposed to take this one seriously.
It makes it sound like women (and the men too) didn't realize they could become pregnant or don't understand natural consequences.
It's like saying "Having sex with a guy with HIV isn't consent to getting AIDS". Uh. What?
Consent implies some sort of choice in the matter. Like choosing to be gay or choosing to get pregnant or choosing to have sex. You don't consent to a natural consequence (so I guess in that sense it's true). It's like consenting to going kersplat if you jump off a 150 story building. Can you imagine a person jumping off a building and someone being like "You're going to die now! There's nobody that can catch you!" and the woman saying "Hey I didn't consent to that!"
We all know that choicers just see sex as consent to an orgasm, but if that's what you're consenting to then have sex with a dildo. Not a man with sperm.
Can you even imagine such a conversation. "Hey you. You got me pregnant. I didn't tell your sperm it could do that. I didn't consent to that."
Or a man trying to use it? "Honey. I'm preggers and I need child support."
"Woah woah woah! I didn't consent to you using my sperm that way! I don't remember consenting to you getting pregnant. I can't believe you did this. You didn't check this with me. What were you thinking?"
Yep. That's some pretty intelligent people right thar.
Seriously, this is the kind of thing that when people say it I wonder how I'm supposed to take them seriously.
It's like "I've run out of ideas so I'm going to come up with the most absurd and unintelligent argument ever and nobody will ever notice."
Yeah. I'm going to go try to cut myself now, but not consent to getting scars and then after that I'll ingest alcohol but not consent to get drunk. I mean when you put something with a natural effect in your body it's not consent or anything.
Oh wait. I'm drunk. Damn you alcohol. Well I just have to go to the hospital immediately and lobby my congressman to make me not drunk after alcohol. I'm so intelligent!
sassyjm

Bronx, NY

#2 Dec 4, 2009
Mr Phillip wrote:
We all know the pro choice line of thinking is all about consequence free sex anyway but this one is just incredibly stupid. I don't know how people are supposed to take this one seriously.
It makes it sound like women (and the men too) didn't realize they could become pregnant or don't understand natural consequences.
It's like saying "Having sex with a guy with HIV isn't consent to getting AIDS". Uh. What?
Consent implies some sort of choice in the matter. Like choosing to be gay or choosing to get pregnant or choosing to have sex. You don't consent to a natural consequence (so I guess in that sense it's true). It's like consenting to going kersplat if you jump off a 150 story building. Can you imagine a person jumping off a building and someone being like "You're going to die now! There's nobody that can catch you!" and the woman saying "Hey I didn't consent to that!"
We all know that choicers just see sex as consent to an orgasm, but if that's what you're consenting to then have sex with a dildo. Not a man with sperm.
Can you even imagine such a conversation. "Hey you. You got me pregnant. I didn't tell your sperm it could do that. I didn't consent to that."
"Woah woah woah! I didn't consent to you using my sperm that way! I don't remember consenting to you getting pregnant. I can't believe you did this. You didn't check this with me. What were you thinking?"
Seriously, this is the kind of thing that when people say it I wonder how I'm supposed to take them seriously.
It's like "I've run out of ideas so I'm going to come up with the most absurd and unintelligent argument ever and nobody will ever notice."
Yeah. I'm going to go try to cut myself now, but not consent to getting scars and then after that I'll ingest alcohol but not consent to get drunk. I mean when you put something with a natural effect in your body it's not consent or anything.
Oh wait. I'm drunk. Damn you alcohol. Well I just have to go to the hospital immediately and lobby my congressman to make me not drunk after alcohol. I'm so intelligent!
LOL great post!!!!!!!!!!
MUIM

Thornhill, Canada

#3 Dec 4, 2009
Mr Phillip wrote:
Nice rant....you do realize that not all sex results in pregnancy right...all of your examples are of definite results.

If a woman chooses to have sex but uses birth control show is she consenting to pregnancy?

Also consenting to an orgasm in not the same as consenting to have a fetus take over your body for 9 months.

“I was Phillip before.”

New England

#4 Dec 4, 2009
MUIM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice rant....you do realize that not all sex results in pregnancy right...all of your examples are of definite results.
If a woman chooses to have sex but uses birth control show is she consenting to pregnancy?
Also consenting to an orgasm in not the same as consenting to have a fetus take over your body for 9 months.
See! See what I mean? It's like they think it's actually a well thought out idea.

“I was Phillip before.”

New England

#5 Dec 4, 2009
MUIM wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all my examples were definite results at all. But they were all natural results
MUIM

Thornhill, Canada

#6 Dec 4, 2009
Mr Phillip wrote:
<quoted text>Not all my examples were definite results at all. But they were all natural results
Ok so maybe the phrase should be consenting to sex is not the same as consenting to STAY pregnant. Thats a little more accurate.

“I was Phillip before.”

New England

#7 Dec 4, 2009
MUIM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok so maybe the phrase should be consenting to sex is not the same as consenting to STAY pregnant. Thats a little more accurate.
Consenting to parent a two year old isn't consent to STAY a parent to a two year old. Just treat it with good old fashioned infanticide. It's the pro-choice way!
MUIM

Thornhill, Canada

#8 Dec 4, 2009
Mr Phillip wrote:
<quoted text>Consenting to parent a two year old isn't consent to STAY a parent to a two year old. Just treat it with good old fashioned infanticide. It's the pro-choice way!
Right on the first part wrong on the second.

You can give your child up for adoption or send it into foster care...once that child is born it can be taken care of by anyone. It is not depending on another persons organs as life support.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#9 Dec 4, 2009
Mr Phillip wrote:
<quoted text>Consenting to parent a two year old isn't consent to STAY a parent to a two year old. Just treat it with good old fashioned infanticide. It's the pro-choice way!
Nonsense, all of it. But, we're used to such nonsense from you.
Ocean56

AOL

#10 Dec 4, 2009
Consenting to sex is NOT consenting to pregnancy, birth and motherhood if the woman never wanted any of those things to begin with. And most women who don't want to get pregnant use reliable birth control to prevent unwanted pregnancy.

Sometimes, however, the BC fails and a pregnancy results. Since the woman is the one assuming all the health risks of pregnancy, it is HER decision to continue it or not. Whether you like this fact or not, consenting to sex is NOT consenting to pregnancy. And it isn't insulting to MY intelligence at all.

“CRITICAL THINKING -- try it.”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#11 Dec 4, 2009
Mr Phillip wrote:
<quoted text>See! See what I mean? It's like they think it's actually a well thought out idea.
You're back with the same stupid argument, huh!?!! Consent to driving a car is NOT consent to have an accident. However, if I have an accident while driving my car I will seek medical assistance. Don't try to think critically, Phil....it's clearly beyond you.

“I was Phillip before.”

New England

#12 Dec 4, 2009
MUIM wrote:
<quoted text>
Right on the first part wrong on the second.
You can give your child up for adoption or send it into foster care...once that child is born it can be taken care of by anyone. It is not depending on another persons organs as life support.
Yes it does

“I was Phillip before.”

New England

#13 Dec 4, 2009
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense, all of it. But, we're used to such nonsense from you.
Yes. I do point out your nonsense quite often

“I was Phillip before.”

New England

#14 Dec 4, 2009
Ocean56 wrote:
Consenting to sex is NOT consenting to pregnancy, birth and motherhood if the woman never wanted any of those things to begin with. And most women who don't want to get pregnant use reliable birth control to prevent unwanted pregnancy.
Sometimes, however, the BC fails and a pregnancy results. Since the woman is the one assuming all the health risks of pregnancy, it is HER decision to continue it or not. Whether you like this fact or not, consenting to sex is NOT consenting to pregnancy. And it isn't insulting to MY intelligence at all.
Well that would assume you have intelligence to insult.

“I was Phillip before.”

New England

#15 Dec 4, 2009
C Hamilton wrote:
<quoted text>You're back with the same stupid argument, huh!?!! Consent to driving a car is NOT consent to have an accident. However, if I have an accident while driving my car I will seek medical assistance. Don't try to think critically, Phil....it's clearly beyond you.
Ah but pregnancy is no accident. Rather it's actually what's supposed to happen. But of course you like to throw nature and biology out the window and act like sex evolved as some sort of pleasure activity like baseball or something.
Yep. Pretending women don't understand basic biology. Very flattering to women.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#16 Dec 4, 2009
Mr Phillip wrote:
<quoted text>Yes. I do point out your nonsense quite often
Wow, you are stupid and pathetic.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#17 Dec 4, 2009
Mr Phillip wrote:
<quoted text>Ah but pregnancy is no accident. Rather it's actually what's supposed to happen. But of course you like to throw nature and biology out the window and act like sex evolved as some sort of pleasure activity like baseball or something.
Pregnancy MAY happen. So? If she has an unwanted medical condition, she is entitled to treatment to eliminate that condition even if she caused it. Just like she would if she'd caused a car accident. No one would even suggest she must live with an injury.

“CRITICAL THINKING -- try it.”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#18 Dec 5, 2009
Mr Phillip wrote:
<quoted text>Ah but pregnancy is no accident. Rather it's actually what's supposed to happen. But of course you like to throw nature and biology out the window and act like sex evolved as some sort of pleasure activity like baseball or something.
Women understand basic biology. If a woman is using birth control, pregnancy IS an accident. And as with any accident, one should be able to seek assistance.
Ocean56

AOL

#19 Dec 5, 2009
Mr Phillip wrote:
<quoted text>Well that would assume you have intelligence to insult.
Thanks for showing everyone the kind of examples you present as "intelligent" responses. And you wonder why so few of us take anything you say seriously.@@
Ocean56

AOL

#20 Dec 5, 2009
Mr Phillip wrote:
NONSENSE. Pregnancy IS an accident to a woman who never wanted pregnancy or birth to begin with and most likely used birth control to prevent.

As for your idiotic assertion that "pregnancy is what's supposed to happen," that's the typical B/S from a male misogynist who thinks a woman's sole purpose is to be a mindless baby factory. Deal with the fact that pregnancy is NOT a desirable outcome of sex for all women. Consenting to sex is NOT consenting to pregnancy and birth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
abortion 0780343859wts hap Queens twn, Umtata, ... 3 hr drdembe 1
News Activist: "Abortion Threatens Black America's F... (Sep '12) 18 hr zef 5,738
safe abortion 0780343859wts in grey twn , eshow... Sat drdembe 1
News Namibia: Illegal Abortions Common Despite Risks (Jan '10) Sat Aisha 36
News Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays (Oct '07) Fri Brian_G 220,076
News Kansas AG Plans To Appeal Ruling Blocking Anti-... Jul 2 cpeter1313 1
9 reasons abortion MUST remain legal. (Sep '07) Jul 2 Brian_G 1,425
More from around the web