Teen Pregnancy Prevention
First Prev
of 15
Next Last
Ocean56

AOL

#305 Oct 28, 2013
Many teen girls are unsure of how to resist pressure from their boyfriends to have sex, so they mistakenly give in. The brief script below may help girls to become more assertive in resting that kind of pressure.

GUY: It's time we started having sex.

GIRL: Why.

GUY: Why what?

GIRL: Why are you bugging me to have sex? We haven't gone out that long.

GUY: Long enough! It's been almost two months!

GIRL: Oh, and you think I should just have sex with you after dating only two months, really? Well, forget it.

GUY:(getting irritated) What are you so freakin' worried about?

GIRL: Well, DUH, getting pregnant for one thing. I don't want to get some nasty STD either.

GUY: You worry too much. I can use a condom.

GIRL: So? Condoms can break, you know. So I could still get pregnant.

GUY: You can't go on birth control pills?

GIRL: I can, I just don't want to. They can fail too, which means I could still end up pregnant. No way, not me. I'm going to graduate high school and then I'm going to college. After that I'm going to get a great full-time with a nice paycheck too. You really think I'm going to throw away my future by taking a stupid chance which might ruin all that? NO!

GUY:(angry) Okay, if you won't have sex with me, we're done!

GIRL: Works for me. We're done, starting right now. Oh, and if you end up getting some poor girl pregnant, have fun being a teen dad. I'll have fun watching you lose all your freedom knowing I kept mine. Good bye and good luck.

Then she walks away, free and NOT pregnant. Any guy who keeps pressuring his girlfriend to have sex ISN'T worth keeping as a boyfriend.

Education + Job Training = Career / Economic Independence

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#306 Oct 28, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
Many teen girls are unsure of how to resist pressure from their boyfriends to have sex, so they mistakenly give in. The brief script below may help girls to become more assertive in resting that kind of pressure.
GIRL: Oh, and you think I should just have sex with you after dating only two months, really? Well, forget it.
GIRL: Well, DUH, getting pregnant for one thing. I don't want to get some nasty STD either.
GIRL: I can, I just don't want to. They can fail too, which means I could still end up pregnant. No way, not me. I'm going to graduate high school and then I'm going to college. After that I'm going to get a great full-time with a nice paycheck too. You really think I'm going to throw away my future by taking a stupid chance which might ruin all that? NO!
GIRL: Works for me. We're done, starting right now. Oh, and if you end up getting some poor girl pregnant, have fun being a teen dad. I'll have fun watching you lose all your freedom knowing I kept mine. Good bye and good luck.
Then she walks away, free and NOT pregnant. Any guy who keeps pressuring his girlfriend to have sex ISN'T worth keeping as a boyfriend.
Hey ocean

Remember our list ......he one we all contributed to...??
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/THPKUNV...

Lol

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#307 Oct 28, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
Was in the topix game side ....But no game anymore ..anyway it's,over 200

Some aren't great ..But still ..got a few,..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#308 Oct 28, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
"Woman must have a purse of her own, and how can this be, as long as the wife is denied the right to her individual and joint earnings."
- Susan B. Anthony
Getting pregnant and becoming a mother while in middle or high school puts a girl's chances of both higher education and getting a well-paying job or career at a very high risk.
That is why it's a very good idea for teen girls to stay sex-FREE (free FROM sex) until after their chosen levels of education are completed.
Wen I was a teen ..they could boot you out of high school if they found out .
Ocean56

AOL

#309 Oct 29, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
When I was a teen ..they could boot you out of high school if they found out .
Yep, another good reason for a teen girl to tell a guy to forget about having sex. If that rule exists at any high schools today, it would mostly be the girl who was expelled, not the guy.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#310 Oct 29, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, another good reason for a teen girl to tell a guy to forget about having sex. If that rule exists at any high schools today, it would mostly be the girl who was expelled, not the guy.
How do you like my thread Lol..they really took to it!!!
Ocean56

AOL

#311 Nov 1, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
I just checked out your new "no sex" thread this morning. Sorry I didn't do this sooner, it's been a bit crazy here.

You're right, the posters really did get involved and had some fun with it. Great job! It will take me a while to catch up, but I'll get there.:-)
Ocean56

AOL

#312 Nov 2, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
Rose, that thread is GREAT! You did a fantastic job. I managed to list 100 of the "Say NO, JOE" phrases at that site, although I did have to split them into two groups of 50 each. My time is short today, so I won't be able to work on the next list until tomorrow or Monday.

I also wonder if we can post some of those great sayings here. Do you think your new group would mind?
Ocean56

AOL

#313 Nov 3, 2013
After reading the news story below, I would say that teen girls in Oklahoma need to be a LOT more assertive about saying a very loud NO to guys who pressure them for sex. In that state, at least, it's better for a girl to dump a sex-pressuring boyfriend and walk away a FREE teenager than to end up pregnant and have to give up all her dreams for higher education and career.

http://www.msmagazine.com/news/uswirestory.as...

OKLAHOMA TIGHTENS LAWS TO DENY TEENAGERS ABORTION RIGHTS

Starting today, girls in Oklahoma under the age of 18 will be forced to abide by stricter parental consent laws in order to obtain an abortion.

The Oklahoma Board of Health voted in early October to update the state's previous parental notification laws. The laws will now require girls seeking abortions to have their parents provide government-issued identification and written documentation that proves he or she is the parent, has been notified, and consents to the procedure. The board voted to require that in cases of emergency, a doctor can go ahead and perform an abortion, but the parents must be notified afterwards by mail.

Minors may receive a judicial waiver of the parental notification requirement only under three circumstances: if there is a medical emergency, if the minor is a victim of abuse or neglect, or if a judge finds by clear and convincing evidence that the minor is sufficiently mature and well-informed to decide whether to have an abortion. These circumstances are open to interpretation, and they can put vulnerable teens in danger.

Earlier this month, a 16-year-old girl in Nebraska's foster care system was denied an abortion when a lower court judge - who had previously been an attorney for anti-abortion extremist group Operation Rescue - found that the girl was not mature and informed enough to make the decision to have an abortion, despite strong evidence to the contrary. She will be forced to carry her pregnancy to term.

"Quite ironically, the legislature seems to be saying that an immature teen cannot have an abortion but can become a parent," Martha Skeeters, president of the Oklahoma Coalition for Reproductive Justice, told RH Reality Check.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#314 Nov 5, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, that thread is GREAT! You did a fantastic job. I managed to list 100 of the "Say NO, JOE" phrases at that site, although I did have to split them into two groups of 50 each. My time is short today, so I won't be able to work on the next list until tomorrow or Monday.
I also wonder if we can post some of those great sayings here. Do you think your new group would mind?
No it was,part of the game ..lots,of threads,started ...A TO Z,GAMES ..PRESIDENTS,..MIX LETTERS,..justice post for point s .
It was an idea.

The games,over anyway .....And we,tried to get them numbered ..some,are,really stupid ..some funny ..no one would mind ,at all :)
We,started it here anyway !!!!!
Ocean56

AOL

#315 Nov 10, 2013
Even in the 1960's, many women were still told that the most important occupations for them were marriage and motherhood, which left many young women feeling trapped and unhappy. In 1963, author Betty Friedan wrote a book called "The Feminine Mystique," which many women found very helpful to them. Below is one quote which may help some teen girls find their own life path before making the life-altering mistake of having sex -- and possibly a baby -- much too soon.

“When society asks so little of women, every woman has to listen to her own inner voice to find her identity in this changing world. She must create, out of her own needs and abilities, a new life plan, fitting in the love and children and home that have defined femininity in the past with the work toward a greater purpose that shapes the future. To face the problem is not to solve it. But once a woman faces it, as women are doing today all over America without much help from the experts, once she asks herself “what do I want to do?” she begins to find her own answers. Once she begins to see through the delusions of the feminine mystique -- and realizes that neither her husband nor her children, nor the things in her house, nor sex, nor being like all the other women, can give her a self -- she often finds the solution much easier than she anticipated.”
-- Betty Friedan, The Feminine Mystique, 1963
Ocean56

AOL

#316 Nov 10, 2013
To put the quotations from Friedan's book into the issue of teen pregnancy, I look at it this way.

A girl who asks herself what SHE wants, in terms of a future job or career, who makes a firm decision on what those things will be, is better able to avoid the trap of teen pregnancy / motherhood by avoiding all forms of sexual activity with boyfriends while in high school. She knows that she can choose the single, childfree (meaning no children by choice), independent career woman’s path instead of the traditional path of marriage and motherhood only. A girl who stays focused on her future educational and career goals knows that partnered sex can lead to pregnancy, and that having a baby in high school could destroy those plans for a long time to come. She knows it’s much easier for her to achieve her goals when she isn’t stuck with a baby in her junior or senior year of high school.

Later on, she can decide for herself if she wants to be a wife and mother. If she decides she doesn’t want either marriage or motherhood, that is perfectly acceptable as well.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#317 Nov 13, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
To put the quotations from Friedan's book into the issue of teen pregnancy, I look at it this way.
A girl who asks herself what SHE wants, in terms of a future job or career, who makes a firm decision on what those things will be, is better able to avoid the trap of teen pregnancy / motherhood by avoiding all forms of sexual activity with boyfriends while in high school. She knows that she can choose the single, childfree (meaning no children by choice), independent career woman’s path instead of the traditional path of marriage and motherhood only. A girl who stays focused on her future educational and career goals knows that partnered sex can lead to pregnancy, and that having a baby in high school could destroy those plans for a long time to come. She knows it’s much easier for her to achieve her goals when she isn’t stuck with a baby in her junior or senior year of high school.
Later on, she can decide for herself if she wants to be a wife and mother. If she decides she doesn’t want either marriage or motherhood, that is perfectly acceptable as well.
And,
DESPITE modern morals,...That we can both agree is,the,best CHOICE
a young girl can make ..

One,more thing ..if anyone who.is,reading ..

PLEASE,LOOK.AHEAD ..teen years,seem like the only thing in the world while you ate in them.

BEFORE you let a young man take your virginity out of very string feelings, look ahead,
..Do you really need a child or a,possible disease....or the chance that once he gets,what he wants ..he will lose interest .

BEFORE you engage in hooking up FOR FUN ...think ahead ...the people who are with you can and usually do hAve big mouths full of gossip .
SEX is,not a,handshake ...And young boys know very little about it .

AND,FOR GOODNESS,SAKE,...before you allow,a,picture of yourself to be taken in full or partial undress ...to be,sent out or kept supposedly
In someone's,phone .....That picture is out there forever .

TRY TO IMAGINE,going on a,website and seeing pictures of your parents,that way when they were younger .

Or imagine ..if you have any dreams,of a career ...your future employer or college ...finding YOU out there ...in ways,you would NOT want hem to see ..Today NOTHING IS PRIVATE ....And today's,fun can cost you forever .

If you keep your clothes,on ...You won t get pregnant ..a disease,..jilted ....diseased..nor embarrassed for the rest of your Life ..

JUST a thought ....before you give in to the,temptation to expose yourself ...IMAGINE your grandparents,or parents or Employers,watching ...
Ocean56

AOL

#318 Nov 14, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
BEFORE you let a young man take your virginity out of very string feelings, look ahead,
..Do you really need a child or a,possible disease....or the chance that once he gets,what he wants ..he will lose interest .

BEFORE you engage in hooking up FOR FUN ...think ahead ...the people who are with you can and usually do hAve big mouths full of gossip .
SEX is,not a,handshake ...And young boys know very little about it.

Definitely agree, with both statements. I've seen quite a few segments of the MTV documentary "16 and Pregnant." Many of the girls featured experienced the heartbreak of their boyfriend's leaving them not too long after the baby was born because they didn't like the hardships of fatherhood.

Even before they actually left, these boy fathers refused to do anything to help out with the baby, especially if it involved THEIR getting up in the middle of the night to care for the baby. The girl was basically caring for the baby by herself, even when the boy dad was still around.

This kind of awful situation is why I continue to say that teen sex is a BAD IDEA. Girls would do well to break up with any guy who starts pressuring them for sex rather than giving in to the pressure and end up with an unwanted pregnancy or worse, like STD's.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#319 Nov 14, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
RoSesz wrote:
SEX is,not a,handshake ...And young boys know very little about it.
Definitely agree, with both statements. I've seen quite a few segments of the MTV documentary "16 and Pregnant." Many of the girls featured experienced the heartbreak of their boyfriend's leaving them not too long after the baby was born because they didn't like the hardships of fatherhood.
Even before they actually left, these boy fathers refused to do anything to help out with the baby, especially if it involved THEIR getting up in the middle of the night to care for the baby. The girl was basically caring for the baby by herself, even when the boy dad was still around.
This kind of awful situation is why I continue to say that teen sex is a BAD IDEA. Girls would do well to break up with any guy who starts pressuring them for sex rather than giving in to the pressure and end up with an unwanted pregnancy or worse, like STD's.
AND PLEASE,..don't forget the,sexting...horrible,idea .

And it's,come up ..EMPLOYERS AND COLLEGES will loom you up on FACEBOOK or Google ..

Young is over with ...then there is,adult ..But don't let your young be a,baggage in your future .

I reAlly hope someone is reading his,who might get some help from us .

The idea that a picture posed today COUKD be seen by kids,and grand kids years,later is,super creepy...
Ocean56

AOL

#320 Nov 15, 2013
I definitely agree, Rose. "Sexting" is a BAD IDEA as well, for the reasons you just stated.

I don't get why someone, teen or adult, would send out nude or semi-nude pictures of themselves that could have serious consequences later on.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#321 Nov 15, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
I definitely agree, Rose. "Sexting" is a BAD IDEA as well, for the reasons you just stated.
I don't get why someone, teen or adult, would send out nude or semi-nude pictures of themselves that could have serious consequences later on.
Me either ...maybe it's,my age ..Lol..But we'll yuk ..I never posed nude for a pic even when I was younger ...Lol

But now,when the camera,is,connected to the internet ...just foolish
.ladies,
.BOYS,ALWAYS TALK OR LIE ABOUT THEIR CONQUESTS,..now,they hAve pics,to share ...if you foolishly sleep with them i
Or let them.picture you ..ITS,THE,MOST HORRID GUY YOU KNOW..who will be looking at you ...

ITS,a biological.urge for the boys,..used immaturely..To show,they are,alpha,males ...IMO ..as old as time ...
Ocean56

AOL

#322 Nov 16, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
But now,when the camera,is,connected to the internet ...just foolish, ladies,.BOYS,ALWAYS TALK OR LIE ABOUT THEIR CONQUESTS,..now,they hAve pics,to share ...if you foolishly sleep with them i
Or let them.picture you ..ITS,THE,MOST HORRID GUY YOU KNOW..who will be looking at you ...

Agreed. Both having sex with teen guys and letting them take nude or half-nude pictures is a BAD IDEA.
Ocean56

AOL

#323 Nov 18, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
.BOYS,ALWAYS TALK OR LIE ABOUT THEIR CONQUESTS,..now,they hAve pics,to share ...if you foolishly sleep with them ...
Even worse than the "most horrid guy" a girl knows that could be looking at these compromising internet pictures, it could be a girl's potential employer. That employer could decide to fire -- or refuse to hire -- that girl for any job at the employer's place of business.

I call these kinds of pictures "job-stoppers" because they really COULD lead to a girl's never getting a decent job anywhere, and possibly having to settle for low-wage or minimum-wage employment. And the minute a girl decides to have sex with a guy, especially in high school, she puts herself at high risk of having these damaging pictures taken.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr ThomasA 313,962
News After setback, abortion foes keep pressing Cong... 10 hr Foxy 98
News Marking Roe anniversary, abortion foes pin hope... Mon WelbyMD 33
I think my girlfriend had an abortion (Mar '08) Sun Hello 84 41
News David Daleiden, Sandra Merritt charged in filmi... Apr 21 ffj 16
News Boehner: Shutdown will hurt anti-abortion right... (Sep '15) Apr 9 Love washington 18
News Parental notification bill being considered in ... Apr 6 Humanspirit 1
9 reasons abortion MUST remain legal. (Sep '07) Feb '17 cpeter1313 1,489
More from around the web