Teen Pregnancy Prevention
Ocean56

AOL

#285 Oct 8, 2013
zef wrote:
Fortunately you are not allowed to force your cookie cutter mold of bourgeois narcissism and contempt for society on teen girls. Teen girls are free to reject your fear mongering and misandry, and become a loving wife and mother, living a virtuous and meaningful life, while making a worthwhile contribution to the future of society.
If a teen girl really wants to have sex, get pregnant, become a teen mother and risk her education and future economic security, there's nothing I can do to stop her.

Fortunately, teen girls are free to reject YOUR backward ideology, and pursue all their educational and career goals, which has a much greater chance for giving them economic independence. That's far better for a teen girl than being totally dependent on a man for money her entire life.

Education + Job Training = Career / Economic Independence
zef

Marina Del Rey, CA

#286 Oct 8, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, nonsense. Motherhood IS an option, which a teen girl can opt OUT of until AFTER she has graduated high school, completed all her chosen levels of post-high school education, and had a few years of solid job experience.
She can cheerfully opt out of motherhood as a teenager very easily, simply by staying sex-FREE (free FROM sex) and enjoying all the benefits the sex-free decision provides. Like the freedom from worry about unwanted pregnancy and STD's for starters.
Sex-FREE = Pregnancy-FREE / STD-FREE
Motherhood is not an option. Motherhood is a state of being.
Material objects are persisting three-dimensional individuals wholly present at every moment of their existence, this conception of an individual as always present. The State of Being is not a state of ‘having been’ or ‘will become.’ Atman, the Self, the Soul, is not a ‘has been’ or ‘want-to-be’. Your Real Self is not what you think you were in the past, or want to be in the future—nor is it what you think you are now. You are simply what you are. That is the pure state of ‘is-ness’, the pure State of Being. The thinking mind is not the Self. Now, if the 'to be' of a thing could be conceived apart from that which exists, it should be represented in our mind by some note distinct from the concept of the thing itself .... In point of fact, it is not so. There is nothing we can add to a concept in order to make it represent the object as existing; what happens if we add anything to it is that it represents something else. We imagine ourselves to be something we are not, but we are always who we really are, and not who we have imagined ourselves to be. The law of identity states that:“each thing is the same with itself and different from another”:“A is A and not ~A”. By this it is meant that each thing (be it a universal or a particular) is composed of its own unique set of characteristic qualities or features, which the ancient Greeks called its essence. Consequently, things that have the same essence are the same thing, while things that have different essences are different things.

A central proposition of existentialism is that existence precedes essence, which means that the most important consideration for the individual is the fact that he or she is an individual—an independently acting and responsible conscious being ("existence")—rather than what labels, roles, stereotypes, definitions, or other preconceived categories the individual fits ("essence"). The actual life of the individual is what constitutes what could be called his or her "true essence" instead of there being an arbitrarily attributed essence used by others to define him or her. Thus, human beings, through their own consciousness, create their own values and determine a meaning to their life. It is often claimed in this context that a person defines himself or herself, which is often perceived as stating that they can wish to be something—anything, a bird, for instance—and then be it. According to most existentialist philosophers, however, this would constitute an inauthentic existence. The notion of the Absurd contains the idea that there is no meaning to be found in the world beyond what meaning we give to it. This meaninglessness also encompasses the amorality or "unfairness" of the world. Because of the world's absurdity, at any point in time, anything can happen to anyone, and a tragic event could plummet someone into direct confrontation with the Absurd.
zef

Marina Del Rey, CA

#287 Oct 8, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
If a teen girl really wants to have sex, get pregnant, become a teen mother and risk her education and future economic security, there's nothing I can do to stop her.
Fortunately, teen girls are free to reject YOUR backward ideology, and pursue all their educational and career goals, which has a much greater chance for giving them economic independence. That's far better for a teen girl than being totally dependent on a man for money her entire life.
Your femnazi rhetoric is boring and obtuse. Teen girls are free to reject your bourgeois narcissism, and become a loving wife and mother, instead of becoming detriment to society that you want to force upon them.
marriage + family = the future of humanity
Ocean56

AOL

#288 Oct 8, 2013
zef wrote:
Motherhood is not an option. Motherhood is a state of being.
BELIEF, not fact. Maybe one day you'll understand the difference.

Ocean56

AOL

#289 Oct 8, 2013
zef wrote:
Your femnazi rhetoric is boring and obtuse. Teen girls are free to reject your bourgeois narcissism, and become a loving wife and mother, instead of becoming detriment to society that you want to force upon them.
I couldn't care less what YOU find "boring and obtuse."

A teen girl who successfully graduates high school, completes all her chosen levels of post-high school education, then enjoys the advantages of a great job/career is certainly NOT a "detriment to society," no matter what you believe.

You seem rather angry and resentful that a teen girl CAN have a good education then a great job or career and has the freedom to make her OWN choice concerning marriage and motherhood at a later time. Too bad. This ISN'T the 19th century anymore, and girls/women DO have other options now. I suggest you get over it.

zef

Marina Del Rey, CA

#290 Oct 8, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
BELIEF, not fact. Maybe one day you'll understand the difference.
Maybe someday you'll stop making up your own meanings for words.
motherhood
noun
1. the state of being a mother; maternity.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/mother...
motherhood
noun
1. the state of being a mother
http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/e...
Ocean56

AOL

#291 Oct 8, 2013
zef wrote:
Maybe someday you'll stop making up your own meanings for words.
Oh nonsense, Zeffy, I know very well what motherhood means. It is still an OPTION, not a requirement for any woman.

Basically, that means ANY girl or woman can opt OUT of motherhood, for ANY reason. Don't like it that a girl CAN reject motherhood if she doesn't want it and focus on her education and career instead? Tough luck. It isn't up to YOU to decide what a girl's education and job choice will be.

zef

Marina Del Rey, CA

#292 Oct 8, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh nonsense, Zeffy, I know very well what motherhood means. It is still an OPTION, not a requirement for any woman.
Basically, that means ANY girl or woman can opt OUT of motherhood, for ANY reason. Don't like it that a girl CAN reject motherhood if she doesn't want it and focus on her education and career instead? Tough luck. It isn't up to YOU to decide what a girl's education and job choice will be.
You obviously don't know what motherhood means, because motherhood is a state of being, not an option. As I have pointed out again and again, no state of being can be an option. To say a state of being is an option completely contradicts what a state of being is. Any state of being.

The State of Being is not a state of ‘having been’ or ‘will become.’ Atman, the Self, the Soul, is not a ‘has been’ or ‘want-to-be’. Your Real Self is not what you think you were in the past, or want to be in the future—nor is it what you think you are now. You are simply what you are. That is the pure state of ‘is-ness’, the pure State of Being. The thinking mind is not the Self.
zef

Marina Del Rey, CA

#293 Oct 8, 2013
Material objects are persisting three-dimensional individuals wholly present at every moment of their existence, this conception of an individual as always present. The State of Being is not a state of ‘having been’ or ‘will become.’ Atman, the Self, the Soul, is not a ‘has been’ or ‘want-to-be’. Your Real Self is not what you think you were in the past, or want to be in the future—nor is it what you think you are now. You are simply what you are. That is the pure state of ‘is-ness’, the pure State of Being. The thinking mind is not the Self.
Now, if the 'to be' of a thing could be conceived apart from that which exists, it should be represented in our mind by some note distinct from the concept of the thing itself .... In point of fact, it is not so. There is nothing we can add to a concept in order to make it represent the object as existing; what happens if we add anything to it is that it represents something else. We imagine ourselves to be something we are not, but we are always who we really are, and not who we have imagined ourselves to be. The law of identity states that:“each thing is the same with itself and different from another”:“A is A and not ~A”. By this it is meant that each thing (be it a universal or a particular) is composed of its own unique set of characteristic qualities or features, which the ancient Greeks called its essence. Consequently, things that have the same essence are the same thing, while things that have different essences are different things.

A central proposition of existentialism is that existence precedes essence, which means that the most important consideration for the individual is the fact that he or she is an individual—an independently acting and responsible conscious being ("existence")—rather than what labels, roles, stereotypes, definitions, or other preconceived categories the individual fits ("essence"). The actual life of the individual is what constitutes what could be called his or her "true essence" instead of there being an arbitrarily attributed essence used by others to define him or her. Thus, human beings, through their own consciousness, create their own values and determine a meaning to their life. It is often claimed in this context that a person defines himself or herself, which is often perceived as stating that they can wish to be something—anything, a bird, for instance—and then be it. According to most existentialist philosophers, however, this would constitute an inauthentic existence. The notion of the Absurd contains the idea that there is no meaning to be found in the world beyond what meaning we give to it. This meaninglessness also encompasses the amorality or "unfairness" of the world. Because of the world's absurdity, at any point in time, anything can happen to anyone, and a tragic event could plummet someone into direct confrontation with the Absurd.
zef

Marina Del Rey, CA

#294 Oct 8, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
A state of being is a requirement for everything that exists, even a woman. And a state of being can never be an option.
zef

Marina Del Rey, CA

#295 Oct 8, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't care less what YOU find "boring and obtuse."
A teen girl who successfully graduates high school, completes all her chosen levels of post-high school education, then enjoys the advantages of a great job/career is certainly NOT a "detriment to society," no matter what you believe.
You seem rather angry and resentful that a teen girl CAN have a good education then a great job or career and has the freedom to make her OWN choice concerning marriage and motherhood at a later time. Too bad. This ISN'T the 19th century anymore, and girls/women DO have other options now. I suggest you get over it.
You come at me with insults and ultimatums, and capital letters this and capital letters that. Than you have the audacity of accusing me of being "rather angry and resentful". I suggest you get a clue.
zef

Marina Del Rey, CA

#296 Oct 8, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, nonsense. Motherhood IS an option, which a teen girl can opt OUT of until AFTER she has graduated high school, completed all her chosen levels of post-high school education, and had a few years of solid job experience.
She can cheerfully opt out of motherhood as a teenager very easily, simply by staying sex-FREE (free FROM sex) and enjoying all the benefits the sex-free decision provides. Like the freedom from worry about unwanted pregnancy and STD's for starters.
Hello, it's me
I've thought about us for a long, long time
Maybe I think too much but something's wrong
There's something here that doesn't last too long
Maybe I shouldn't think of you as mine

Seeing you
Or seeing anything as much as I do you
I take for granted that you're always there
I take for granted that you just don't care
Sometimes I can't help seeing all the way through

It's important to me
That you know you are free
'Cause I never want to make you change for me

Think of me
You know that I'd be with you if I could
I'll come around to see you once in a while
Or if I ever need a reason to smile
And spend the night if you think I should

It's important to me
That you know you are free
'Cause I never want to make you change for me

Think of me
You know that i'd be with you if i could.
I'll come around to see you once in a while
Or if i ever need a reason to smile
And spend the night if you think i should

(think of me)
Ocean56

AOL

#297 Oct 9, 2013
http://www.alternet.org/mitt-romneys-advice-r ...

Mitt Romney's Advice for Recent Female Grads: "Have a Quiver Full of Kids"

Don't expect wealth and power, Romney warned the women of the Southern Virginia University's graduating class. Just get married and make lots of babies!

by Kristen Gwynne - May 3, 2013

This week, Mitt Romney delivered an interesting commencement speech to the (very Mormon populated) Southern Virginia University's graduating class. Sharing his secrets for "abundant living," Romney urged the new grads to go out, get married, and procreate like crazy.

'Get married,' he said, and “Have a quiver full of kids if you can.”

Also, hurry. Staying single until your thirties could be a big mistake. A quiver full of kids aren't born over night.

“Some people could marry but choose to take more time, they say, for themselves. Others plan to wait until they’re well into their 30s or 40s until they think about getting married,” he said,“They’re going to miss so much of living, I’m afraid.”

Girls, forget about establishing a career before you get married or have children. Why spend your body's prime child-bearing years working, when you could be breast-feeding on a much smaller salary?

As Romney reminds the class of Southern Virginia University, wealth is not guaranteed. Not everybod knows how to cut corners, exploit workers, and watch the profits rise. Even fewer are born into the power necessary to accumulate wealth in America. Anybody biologically capable, however, can make a quiver full of babies.

“I don’t think God cares whether you get rich,” he warned the crowd.“I don’t think he hopes that your business will make a huge profit. I know a lot of religious people who think God will intervene to make their investments grow. Or he’ll get them a promotion. To make their business a success. But life on this earth is about learning to live in a place where God does not make everything work out for good people.”

BUT. If you find a mate and procreate, you're all good!“Every one of you here today as a graduate can live an abundant life,” he told the students.“Every single one of you. You will not all be rich and famous and powerful, but each of you can live an eminently successful, rewarding, abundant life.”

Romney, on the other hand, will remain rich and famous and powerful. But not everybody can do that. So just shut up and get pregnant, already.

Yep, there's no doubt in my mind where the Mittster wants women to be; in the home, barefoot and pregnant, chained to a stove. I hope the women listen to this idiot will have the sense to IGNORE him.
Ocean56

AOL

#298 Oct 10, 2013
zef wrote:
A state of being is a requirement for everything that exists, even a woman. And a state of being can never be an option.
Again, nonsense. Motherhood IS an option, not a requirement. If a teen girl doesn't share your backward BELIEF that "motherhood is a state of being," she is free to say NO to a boyfriend who pressures her to have sex. In fact, if a girl chooses not to date while in middle/high school, that's not a bad idea either.

Great Reasons to Love Being Boyfriend-FREE in middle/high school:

1. No dealing with constant demands to have sex
2. No jealousy issues
3. Freedom to focus on completing all homework assignments and studying for tests
4. Freedom to go to any dances or parties you want
5. Freedom to read books without any interruptions
6. Freedom to learn new crafts or skills without any criticism for learning or doing them
7. No worrying about him cheating on you
8. No accusations about you cheating on him
9. No annoying bad habits to deal with, like smoking or alcohol use
10. No worrying about being a victim of partner abuse
11. No worrying about pregnancy
12. No worrying about getting STD's
13. Freedom to dress as you please without any complaints from a BF on HOW you're dressed
14. No serious bad habits to deal with, like alcohol and drug abuse
15. Freedom to go out with your girlfriends any time you want without worrying about what a BF will think

All of these reasons add up to a great benefit; NO boyfriend drama. Which leaves you, the teenage girl, free to do the things YOU want.

Ocean56

AOL

#299 Oct 11, 2013
Other important jobs that women can aspire to be also include:

DefenseAttorney
College Professor
Crime Lab Technician
Federal Law Enforcement Agent
Forensic Scientist
Judge
Medical Examiner
Police Officer
Police Detective
Prosecutor

So tell us, Zeffy, are women in these important jobs a "detriment to society" in your backward ideology?@@

Education + Job Training = Economic Independence
Ocean56

AOL

#300 Oct 13, 2013
zef wrote:
You obviously don't know what motherhood means, because motherhood is a state of being, not an option. As I have pointed out again and again, no state of being can be an option. To say a state of being is an option completely contradicts what a state of being is. Any state of being.
And as I have pointed out repeatedly, motherhood IS an option, which any girl or woman can reject if she doesn't want the hardships and responsibilities it involves.

A girl can complete all her chosen levels of education after successfully graduating high school so much more easily when she doesn't have a baby. Looking at the situations of teen girls with babies vs. those without babies makes that fact abundantly clear.

Ocean56

AOL

#301 Oct 17, 2013
Even in the 21st century, there are still a regressive few who believe women should be restricted to the unpaid work of marriage and motherhood only, with no opportunities to do anything else. Olive Schreiner, author of the work Woman And Labor (first published in 1911), provides some accurate views of those with such backward ideas.

Selected Quotes:

“… For, it is remarkable that, with theorists of this class, it is not toil, or the amount of toil, crushing alike to brain and body, which the female undertakes that is objected to; it is the form and the amount of the reward. It is not the hand-labouring woman, even in his own society, worn out and prematurely aged at forty with grinding domestic toil, that has no beginning and knows no end —

'Man’s work is from sun to sun
But the woman’s work is never done —'

it is not the haggard, work-crushed woman and mother who irons his shirts, or the potential mother who destroys health and youth in the sweater’s den where she sews the garments in which he appears so radiantly in the drawing-room which disturbs him. It is the thought of the woman-doctor with an income of some hundreds a year, who drives round in her carriage to see her patients, or receives them in her consulting-rooms, and who spends the evening smoking and reading before her study fire or receiving her guests; it is the thought of the woman who, as legislator, may loll for perhaps six hours of the day on the padded seat of legislative bench, relieving the tedium now and then by a turn in the billiard– or refreshment-room, when she is not needed to vote or to speak; it is the thought of the woman as Greek professor, with three or four hundred a year, who gives half a dozen lectures a week, and has leisure to enjoy the society of her husband and children, and to devote to her own study and life of thought; it is she who wrings his heart.

It is not the woman who on hands and knees, at ten pence a day, scrubs the floors of the public buildings, or private dwellings, that fills him with anguish for womanhood: that somewhat
quadrupedal posture is for him truly feminine, and does not interfere with his ideal of the mother and child-bearer; and that, in some other man’s house, or perhaps his own, while he and the wife he keeps for his pleasures are visiting concert or entertainment, some weary woman paces till far into the night bearing with aching back and tired head the fretful, teething child he brought into the world, for a pittance of twenty or thirty pounds a year, does not distress him. But that the same woman by work in an office should earn one hundred and fifty pounds, be able to have a comfortable home of her own, and her evening free for study or pleasure, distresses him deeply. It is not the labor, or the amount of labour, so much as the amount of reward that interferes with his ideal of the eternal womanly; he is, as a rule, quite contented that the women of the race should labour for him, whether as tea-pickers or washerwomen, or toilers for the children he brings into the world, provided the reward they receive is not large, nor in such fields as he might himself at any time desire to enter.”
Ocean56

AOL

#302 Oct 23, 2013

Girls who decide to stay sex-FREE (free FROM sex) in middle and high school will find it much easier to complete all their chosen levels of education, then accept any full-time job they choose, when they don't have babies as teenagers.
Ocean56

AOL

#303 Oct 25, 2013
Because many teen girls are unaware of how hard it was for women in the 18th, 19th, and early 20th centuries to even have a higher education, much less a job or career, I thought it might be a good idea to post some thoughts from famous feminists who led the fight for women to get the right to vote, and to enter the trades and professions as well.

1. "I think the girl who is able to earn her own living and pay her own way should be as happy as
anybody on earth. The sense of independence and security is very sweet.”
- Susan B. Anthony

2.“Woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself.”
- Susan B. Anthony

Teen girls who are being pressured by their boyfriends (or guys they want as boyfriends) to have sex would do well to keep both quotes in mind, especially the second.
Ocean56

AOL

#304 Oct 26, 2013
"Woman must have a purse of her own, and how can this be, as long as the wife is denied the right to her individual and joint earnings."
- Susan B. Anthony

Getting pregnant and becoming a mother while in middle or high school puts a girl's chances of both higher education and getting a well-paying job or career at a very high risk.

That is why it's a very good idea for teen girls to stay sex-FREE (free FROM sex) until after their chosen levels of education are completed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Feds push back on states targeting Planned Pare... 2 hr cpeter1313 1
News Florida Abolitionists Petition to Outlaw Aborti... 2 hr cpeter1313 1
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 11 hr Bubblegum5910 311,864
News For Reagan campaign manager, this election is t... Sep 18 frigginhell 3
News New video points out misleading info behind Pla... Sep 16 cpeter1313 1
News Abortion appeals by Attorney General Mike DeWin... Sep 16 cpeter1313 1
News '19 Kids and Counting' star Jinger Duggar gets ... Sep 16 toooofunnnny 2
More from around the web