Posted in the Abortion Forum

First Prev
of 15
Next Last
Ocean56

AOL

#1 Jul 5, 2013
Because I DIDN’T Have Sex in High School

Personally, based on my individual experience, I would have to say that generally speaking, life tends to be much easier for any teen girl, myself included, who ISN'T (or wasn't) a teen mom.  Why?  Because she isn't overwhelmed with adult responsibilities before she's even completed high school, that's why.  Because I DIDN'T have sex, get pregnant and become a teen mom while I was still in middle or high school, I was able to complete all my classes, assignments, and tests as a high school student.   I enjoyed all my summers between school years, doing pretty much whatever I wanted.  I never had to worry about paying for diapers and formula, and I was able to keep my freedom to be a normal teenager.

It's wonderful how much freedom a teen girl has when she ISN'T pregnant.  Girls need to think very carefully about all they risk losing by having sex and possibly getting pregnant.   They need to think about it BEFORE having sex for the first time, not afterward.  If they only think of it afterward, it may already be too late.

After graduating high school and having a two-month summer vacation, I began a vocational program in September and successfully completed it nine months later.  A few weeks after that, I accepted a job offer in a great city, and things just got better from there.  Working at my job gave me chances to earn a good full-time salary with benefits, take classes to learn more job skills -- at company expense -- and advance to jobs with higher salaries. 

I can say, with absolute certainty, that NONE of that would have been possible if I had sex, gotten pregnant as a teenager then become a teen mom.  Having a baby would have made even doing
homework and studying for tests in high school very difficult, if not impossible.  I might even have had to drop out of school, as some teen girls have done, and wouldn't have gotten my high school
diploma.  It wouldn't have been possible for me to go to vocational school or work full-time at a top company either.  For me to accomplish all that I had wanted and planned for myself, it required me to be a FREE TEENAGER, not a teen mom.

Girls can do so much when they are encouraged by parents and community to pursue their educations including college or vocational school and then get good jobs and careers.  I was very fortunate to have parents and a community that encouraged education and career for me and other girls rather than the "traditional" paths of marriage/motherhood and not much else.  It is much easier for girls to have opportunities for a good education, good employment, and economic independence when they don't have sex, get pregnant and become mothers too soon.
Ocean56

AOL

#2 Jul 5, 2013
A CHOICE OF TWO LIFESTYLES

Lifestyle 1

The girl who wisely decides to avoid the trap of pregnancy and motherhood by staying sex-FREE (meaning free FROM sex) in high school benefits by keeping her freedom to be a normal teenager. She is free to devote as much time as she needs to complete her homework assignments, study for
important tests and exams, and participate in any school activities she wants. She is also free to learn new hobbies and skills, such as jewelry-making, beginning carpentry, or any other form of product development, that build her confidence and self-esteem and help her plan for her future.

When she is 16, she can, if she wants, take a summer job that will help build her product development skill to a more advanced level. Such a job will help prevent her becoming bored by having too much free time, and she can still enjoy fun times with her friends wherever she chooses. After graduating from high school, assuming she has passed all her required classes through her senior year, she can go on to attend the college, vocational school, or job training program of her choice, with no restrictions on her time or freedom.

Lifestyle 2

The girl who unwisely decides to have sex in high school risks the very real possibility of losing all her freedom to become a teen mom. Girls who end up pregnant and then teen mothers have a much harder life than girls who don’t have a baby. As the MTV documentary “16 and Pregnant” clearly shows, pregnant girls have to begin making adult decisions long before they were ready. They have to decide whether or not to stay in school while being a mom or dropping out of school and getting their GED. They have to worry about getting a job to buy things for the baby, before the baby is born.

After the baby is born, a teen mom is most likely to be financially dependent on her parents for
everything, for quite a long time, which means she will not be able to afford a place of her own either. If her parents have to work, they will not be able to watch her baby, which means she will not be able to get a job, even if she is of legal age to work. A teen mom will often be low on money, unless she has wealthy parents who are willing to financially support both her and her baby. Her options for both education and employment are very limited, at least for the next three to five years.

Girls can keep Lifestyle 1 very easily, simply by saying a very decisive no to any guy, boyfriend or not, who pressures them to have sex. By dumping any guy who pressures her for sex, a girl avoids the burdens of both unwanted pregnancy and STDs, and she keeps her freedom to be a happy,
carefree teenager, at least while she’s still in high school.
Ocean56

AOL

#3 Jul 5, 2013
HELPING GIRLS SAY "NO" TO SEX

In order to try and prevent the occurrence of teen pregnancy and teen parenthood as much as humanly possible, more information on teen pregnancy needs to be made available in more places. I strongly believe that a separate thread devoted entirely to this topic is a step in that direction.

IMO one of the most effective ways to prevent more cases of unwanted teen pregnancy is to help teen girls know what to say. Some girls may not be very sure about what to say to boyfriends who pressure them to have sex. They may be afraid a boyfriend would break up with them if they say no. What these girls need to know is that a boyfriend who pressures a girl to have sex with him can just as easily break up with her anyway, right after she tells him she's pregnant.

Also, NO birth control method is 100% guaranteed against unwanted pregnancy, including BC pills or condoms. Although birth control must always be used to reduce the pregnancy risk as much as
possible, it does NOT eliminate the risk entirely. It is a serious mistake for a teen girl to believe she can never get pregnant because she's on birth control. She CAN.

The following is a brief script that might help more teen girls say NO to having sex:

GUY: I think it's time for us to have sex.

GIRL: I don't think so.

GUY: Why not?

GIRL: I don't want to get pregnant, that's why not. I don't want to get an STD either.

GUY: You worry too much. I can use a condom.

GIRL: Condoms can break. I could still get pregnant if that happens.

GUY: Okay, so you can get on birth control pills or something.

GIRL: Birth control pills can fail sometimes, so I could still get pregnant. So forget it. I want to finish high school, get my diploma, go to college and then have a career. No way am I going to risk getting pregnant and get stuck being a teen mom. That would wreck everything for me.

GUY: Well if you won't have sex with me, I'll have to look for someone else.

GIRL: Fine. You can get another girl pregnant, not me. If that happens, have fun being a teen dad. I'll be celebrating my freedom and watching you give up yours. And we're DONE. Good bye and good luck.

Then the girl walks away, free and NOT PREGNANT.

A guy who pressures a girl for sex isn't worth keeping as a boyfriend. A girl is NOT a loser if she doesn't have a guy in her life while still in high school.
Ocean56

AOL

#4 Jul 5, 2013
SERIOUS QUESTIONS FOR GIRLS TO ASK THEMSELVES
BEFORE HAVING SEX FOR THE FIRST TIME

Is having sex worth the possibility of losing all my freedom?

Do I want to be stuck with a baby before I have graduated high school?

Do I want to be a wife and mother before I am 18?

Do I want to give up my dreams of going to college and having a great career?

Do I want to settle for minimum-wage jobs because I can’t get anything else?

If the answer to each of these five questions is no, then saying no to having sex is easy.
Ocean56

AOL

#5 Jul 5, 2013
DO THE MATH NOW

Instead of waiting until after a pregnancy happens to find out how much it costs to raise a baby from birth to adulthood, why not do the math NOW, long BEFORE a pregnancy occurs? Too many teens fail to take this critical step before deciding to have sex for the first time, and the results of that failure are often disastrous. Part of any sex education class in school should include a section on how expensive it is to have a baby, so teens know what they will have to give up, in terms of money, if they either get pregnant or cause a pregnancy to happen.

The best way for teens, both girls and guys, to find out the cost of baby supplies, such as diapers, formula, baby wipes, diaper rash cream, bottles, pacifiers, the little “onesie” outfits, is to give each of them a price chart, with the items listed in one column and leave the price column blank.

It will be each teen’s assignment to complete the pricing section of the chart by going to the grocery store and any other store that sells baby items. The sex education teacher can easily create such a chart or table using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Publisher, or any other software that a teacher is comfortable with.

The same kind of chart or table should be created to help teens price the higher-cost items, such as cribs, car seats (required by law), strollers, changing tables, high chairs, baby “bouncy” seats,
playpens, and anything else a baby needs. As with the previous chart, the “price” column should be left blank, for the teen student to complete.
Unfortunately, it is not possible for tables or charts to be shown on this message board.

Completing one or more of the “Do The Math NOW” charts, one for every day items like diapers, formula, bottles, etc. and one for high-cost baby items such as cribs and car seats should be required for any student to get a passing grade in that class.
Ocean56

AOL

#6 Jul 5, 2013
ADVANTAGES OF BEING SEX-FREE

Many teens do not realize that being sexFREE (meaning free FROM sex) is a winning advantage. This is why I think it’s important to give teens a list of the freedoms that being sexFREE provides. The top ten winning advantages of being SF (sexFREE) are:

- Freedom from unwanted teen pregnancy and teen motherhood.

- Freedom from incurable STDs like Herpes and fatal STDs like AIDS.

- Freedom to concentrate on school work and participate in school activities.

- Freedom to get all homework assignments and studying done and maintain or improve grades.

- Freedom to participate in learning programs for future jobs and careers.

- Freedom to graduate with classmates and receive a high school diploma.

- Freedom to move on to college or vocational school with no restrictions.

- Freedom to complete a college or vocational program with a degree or certificate.

- Freedom to look for and accept good jobs with higher salaries.

- Freedom to get valuable job experience in a chosen career and take courses to learn more job skills.

Getting pregnant and becoming a teen mother will, most likely, take away most of these freedoms, if not all of them. A teen mom has to put the care of her baby first, which means putting her education second. If she has to study for an important test and the baby is sick, the studying may not get done because she has to care for the baby. That may result in her doing poorly on the exam instead of doing well. If a teen mom wants to attend her junior or senior prom but has no one to watch the baby for her, she can’t go to the dance and has to stay home. If a teen mom is going to college, she may fail one or more classes because caring for her baby or child took priority over completing all her course requirements. A teen mom may even have to drop out of high school or college because she could not take care of her baby and do all her school work at the same time.

(Continued on next post)
Ocean56

AOL

#7 Jul 5, 2013
ADVANTAGES OF BEING SEX-FREE (continued)

By contrast, a teen girl who realizes that being sexFREE (or SF for short) in high school and college is a clear winning advantage will avoid sex with partners during those years. She will keep her freedom to enjoy all the advantages that the SF choice offers. She is free to concentrate in school, get all her class and homework assignments done, attend any dances she wishes, and take part in school activities like working on the school newspaper or yearbook. Best of all, she will graduate with her class and go on to college or vocational school afterward. If she avoids sexual activity with partners during her college or vocational school years, she will continue to enjoy the advantages indefinitely. She may even decide at some point that she prefers the career world over marriage and children, which is a perfectly valid choice. Not all women wish to be wives and mothers.

It is my firm belief that there is nothing good about getting pregnant as a teenager. Teen pregnancy and teen motherhood can impair or even destroy a girl’s ability to get a good education, which is the foundation for good employment. If a girl cannot get a good job because she doesn’t have a high school diploma, poverty may become inevitable. Sadly, many teen girls don’t know how very hard teen motherhood is until it is too late. They don’t know because no one ever told them, either at home or at school. It is about time that changed.

The “just say no” approach to abstinence-only sex education programs is miserably inadequate
because it doesn’t explain WHY teens, especially girls, should "just say no" to sex. The previous list of winning advantages is a good informational tool to start off with. When a large majority of teens have this information, they may soon begin to realize that enjoying the advantages of the sex-FREE choice is a much better option for them than being trapped by the burdens of teen motherhood.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#8 Jul 5, 2013
GREAT INFO OCEAN.

though I was raised in a different time.

And most of us thought getting married the thing to aspire to ..my boyfriend /fiancee convinced me WHY WAIT.

Remember this was the Sixties.

No sex ed..No birth control.

It's only a few months to graduation.We will only do it this one time.

GUESS WHAT ..YOU CAN GET PREGNANT FROM ONE TIME.

And girls ..let me tell you .boys too..as much as fooling around feels good..THE ACTUAL SEX ACT ITSELF WASN'T WORTH THE HEARTACHE.
And the boyfriend was not Worth it either.

MEN CAN WALK AWAY ..especially before paternity tests

IN MY CASE..I thank God there was NO ABORTION available.
I got to feel my child move in my womb.I talked to him every night .I was lucky enough to find a nanny job ..So my grandma would not know ..I almost got kicked out of high school.

THINGS WERE DIFFERENT ..THE heartache is NOT.

Back then ADOPTION WAS A WHOLE SECRET thing..I never got t o meet the parents.

I did live my life after but never had a great job that EDUCATION could have given me.

There were no PELL GRANTS of money for college.

I did have another child..a daughter...She knew from an early age..to RSZPECT her body..Not give it away .

AND THAT SCHOOL WAS HER JOB.

HER Dada was nit much help..But she went to college ..grad school..And haS A PROFESSION TO BE PROUD OF.

BY NOT squandering her chances in high Scholl..she can always support herself well...IF SHE HAD TO.

SHE loves her work but. Loves her husband and children
More.

I have Two points to my story.

DON'T HAVE SEX IN HIGH SCHOOL...
IF YOU D O. at LEAST protect yourself and your partner .

IF THE WORST HAPPENS ANY WAY

Two..well for me abortion is no answer to pregnancy.

You kids have options if you keep your baby or. Give it to a good family
And now with open adoption you know do much more than I could..Or if you raise your child they have support laws..men can't run away do fast .

ITS not the end of the world AND YOU WON'T HAVE REGRETS LATER ..when you have the
baby you plan f o r .
You won't feel him move or see an ultrasound
Of your new baby

And REGRET thaT ABORTION..you had

IN MY CASE..

GOD was good to me .I MET MY SON ...years after he became an adult.
I got to go t o His WEDDING and see his baby ..my granddaughter.
None of which would have been possible IF I had aborted.

N o matter what any one says .

When you get pregnant ..you are a mother ..with your own child inside you ...it is a baby ..No matter what anyone calls it.

But Ocean is right.

Girls respect your bodies..Don t take chances..And never have unprotected sex NO MATTTER HOW MUCH YOU THINK YOU ARE IN LOVE.

BOYS the last thin g you need is a DISEASE OR TO BE A YOUNG FATHER ..

FINISH HIGH SCOOL ..HAVE FUN BUT BE SAFE AND HAVR RESPECT FOR YOURSELVES.

IF you cannot PLEASE US CONdoms and birth control .

TRY TO THINK AHEAD ..PAST SCHOOL ..to a better life you can have with education !!!

HOOKING UP IS just not safe..And any one who tells you its not is being selfish. And wants to take something VALUABLE from you ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#10 Jul 5, 2013
AND THE ABOVE POST IS ANOTHER REASON to stay away from sex..

There are JUDGEMENTAL folks everywhere

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#12 Jul 5, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>you had a choice to have sex back then, you knew pwhat people would say, you knew it was wrong, why tell others IF you decide , use birth control. This is wrong , and very evil. YOU need to teach children to respect themselves from day one. And you took a teaching moment into well...if you have to go ahead but use birth control. You are giving the green light for them to have sex.
Get the stick out of your ass, Control Freak Stalker. She's advocating abstinence and adoption.

Do you really want to be reported for stalking and harrassment AGAIN? Because I will do so, gladly.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#13 Jul 5, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>you had a choice to have sex back then, you knew pwhat people would say, you knew it was wrong, why tell others IF you decide , use birth control. This is wrong , and very evil. YOU need to teach children to respect themselves from day one. And you took a teaching moment into well...if you have to go ahead but use birth control. You are giving the green light for them to have sex.
Birth control is not wrong and it's not evil.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#14 Jul 5, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Get the stick out of your ass, Control Freak Stalker. She's advocating abstinence and adoption.
Do you really want to be reported for stalking and harrassment AGAIN? Because I will do so, gladly.
Thanks,to both you and MOON

OCEAN has the best idea for many reasons she gave ...

There is a long life to live after being a teen.It's just hard to look.ahead ..

But it's better to be safe than sorry if things go too far .

Ocean56

AOL

#15 Jul 5, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
GREAT INFO OCEAN.
though I was raised in a different time.
And most of us thought getting married the thing to aspire to ..my boyfriend /fiancee convinced me WHY WAIT.
Remember this was the Sixties.
No sex ed..No birth control.
It's only a few months to graduation.We will only do it this one time.
GUESS WHAT ..YOU CAN GET PREGNANT FROM ONE TIME.
Thanks, Rose. Yours was a hard story, and there are too many other stories just like it. I find it very disturbing how many teen girls still don't realize, even in the 21st century, that they CAN get pregnant from having sex "just one time."

It's also disturbing to me that there is still so much opposition from conservatives to comprehensive sex education programs in public schools. As far as I'M concerned, the "abstinence-ONLY" programs are useless, because they teach teens practically NOTHING.

Maybe forum discussions like this one will be a better alternative. I can only hope so, and at least I can try. If you or anyone else know any teens that would benefit from some of the posts I've provided here, I give you my permission to print them. I don't think it does any good to keep helpful information hidden.

Ocean56

AOL

#16 Jul 5, 2013
persnickety wrote:
you had a choice to have sex back then, you knew pwhat people would say, you knew it was wrong, why tell others IF you decide , use birth control. This is wrong , and very evil. YOU need to teach children to respect themselves from day one. And you took a teaching moment into well...if you have to go ahead but use birth control. You are giving the green light for them to have sex.
What nonsense. There is nothing wrong with birth control, and it is certainly not evil.

While I still think teen sex is a BAD IDEA, it's also better for teens who DO decide to roll the dice to minimize the risk by using some form of birth control. ANY protection is still better than none at all.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#17 Jul 5, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks,to both you and MOON
OCEAN has the best idea for many reasons she gave ...
There is a long life to live after being a teen.It's just hard to look.ahead ..
But it's better to be safe than sorry if things go too far .
That's why a good, comprehensive, sex education is so important, from both school AND the parents, IMO.

I keep telling both Knit and Sassy, that it worked with my kids. They were taught about human reproduction, stds, and contraceptives both at school and at home. At home, we also taught them the very sound physical and psychological reasons why it's not a good idea to have sex until one is an adult, as well as the fact that our religion considers sex to be sacred and only between consenting adults. And we never had to worry about pregnancies (and incidentally abortions) or stds with out kids.

"Just say no" doesn't work. "God says it's bad" doesn't work. Abstinence ONLY education doesn't work, the same amount of kids have sex, they are just LESS likely to use the condoms that they've erroneously been told are ineffective. Abstinence BASED, teaching that abstinence is the ONLY way to guaranteed no pregnancies or stds, but also teaches about condoms just in case, does.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#18 Jul 5, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why a good, comprehensive, sex education is so important, from both school AND the parents, IMO.
I keep telling both Knit and Sassy, that it worked with my kids. They were taught about human reproduction, stds, and contraceptives both at school and at home. At home, we also taught them the very sound physical and psychological reasons why it's not a good idea to have sex until one is an adult, as well as the fact that our religion considers sex to be sacred and only between consenting adults. And we never had to worry about pregnancies (and incidentally abortions) or stds with out kids.
"Just say no" doesn't work. "God says it's bad" doesn't work. Abstinence ONLY education doesn't work, the same amount of kids have sex, they are just LESS likely to use the condoms that they've erroneously been told are ineffective. Abstinence BASED, teaching that abstinence is the ONLY way to guaranteed no pregnancies or stds, but also teaches about condoms just in case, does.
I consider myself conservative ..And at first I thought parents were the ones yo talk.

But many kids don't have parents who will or know how to talk to kids.

One way around the dilemma would be yo make sexed available on the school website..pictures of STDS..explanations ..respect for their persons ...abstinence and WHY and yes birth and abortion. And PREVENTION AGSIN INCLUDING ABSTAINING

The parents would then have the option to view and speak on the subjects ..Or if they want the kids could learn in school .

This should be mandatory ..tests and all but again parents coukd have some control..

Teens you need to Know it's dangerous and a feel good moment can change your life ..And not in a good way .
Ocean56

AOL

#19 Jul 6, 2013
Helpful Rules For Teens In PREVENTING Pregnancy and STD's

1. NEVER consent to sex if you know you aren't on birth control and a guy tells you he doesn't
have or use condoms (make sure you ask him about condoms BEFORE having sex).

2. ALWAYS use protection, whether it is condoms, the pill, or both, any and EVERY time you
decide to have sex. Not using protection even ONE time will result in an unwanted pregnancy sooner or later.

3. ALWAYS be aware that all contraceptive methods can fail and that pregnancy CAN result.

4. NEVER assume you can't get pregnant because you're on birth control, even the pill.

5. NEVER let yourself be pressured into having sex if you really don't want to do it.

6. NEVER believe a guy who says "trust me, you can't get pregnant." Don't have sex with this guy either.

7. NEVER be afraid to dump a boyfriend or girlfriend if he/she pressures you to do things you don't want to do.

8. NEVER assume that having alternative methods of sex cannot cause pregnancy or a sexually
transmitted disease. It’s possible they can do both.

9. ALWAYS ask exactly what a guy means when he says "I'm old fashioned." It could mean he
believes that girls are ONLY meant to be wives and mothers and nothing else. Don't have sex with this guy, as it could be a trap to GET you pregnant.

10.  ALWAYS keep busy with studies and school or extracurricular activities that you really like and don't want to GIVE UP.

11. NEVER have sex with a total stranger.
Ocean56

AOL

#20 Jul 6, 2013
THE HARDSHIPS OF MOTHERHOOD

Too many girls/women are PRESSURED into having children by family members and/or religious community, and purposely aren't told just how very HARD motherhood is until AFTER they have had a baby. I think it is high time that changed. Some of the hardships mothers of all ages will face once a baby arrives include -- but are not limited to -- the following:

HARDSHIP #1: LOSS OF FREEDOM - Having a baby really DOES change everything, including the freedom that girls and women used to have in abundance. Once the baby arrives, that freedom will be gone, for at least the next five or six years and possibly longer. Teen girls and young women who become moms can forget about going out with friends, whether to the movies, to hang out at their favorite restaurant or coffee shop, or anywhere else for that matter. If they do go out, they’ll have to take the baby with them if their parents refuse to babysit. If the baby is sick or very cranky for any number of reasons, girls will end up staying home instead of going out. Girls who are still in middle or high school will find it much harder to do their homework assignments or study for exams when they have to care for a baby as well. It will be a very long time before women/girls get any of their former freedom back.

HARDSHIP #2: LOSS OF SLEEP - The first thing girls and women have to know about motherhood is that newborn babies do NOT sleep eight hours a night. All mothers, myself included, can honestly say that babies can – and do – wake up during the night as many as two or three times. Each time the baby wakes up, mom has to get up with the baby, feed the baby, change the baby’s diaper (which could be a messy one), and then get the baby back to sleep. When my son was a newborn baby, there were nights where I got NO sleep whatsoever. Luckily for me, I had completed high school and post-high school education long before that, so I didn’t have to get up at 5:00am to go to school after having almost no sleep. Those who are teen moms will not be so lucky.

(Continued on next post)
Ocean56

AOL

#21 Jul 6, 2013
THE HARDSHIPS OF MOTHERHOOD (continued)

HARDSHIP #3: LOSS OF MONEY - Whatever money a girl/woman used to spend on herself will have to be spent on the baby, and that cost is far more than most girls could begin to anticipate. These costs include diapers, food, clothing, baby equipment (car seat, crib, stroller, baby carriers, baby and child toys, etc.) and so much more. Anyone who wants to do the math can begin their research now, by going to their local grocery store and checking out the baby food and diaper sections. Just make sure you have a notebook and calculator, because you will need to multiply those costs for each item several times per week. That’s just for food and diapers, you haven’t even started on the costs for clothing, baby equipment and toys. That will add a staggering amount to your calculations, and the sum will be far higher than you could imagine. If you plan to put the baby in day care for any amount of time during the week, you will have to add up those costs too. Get the picture now? Having a baby costs a HUGE amount of money, which many girls and young women simply do not have, unless they have wealthy parents.

HARDSHIP #4: LOSS OF EDUCATION AND JOB/CAREER OPPORTUNITIES – As hard as it is to acknowledge, a working mother of any age cannot have the same kind of freedom, flexibility or mobility as a woman without children has. If a girl cannot complete high school due to the demands of motherhood, she will not be able to go to college or vocational school, as both typically require a high school diploma first. That automatically limits her ability to find good employment, and she may well have to settle for a minimum wage job, which pays far less than what is needed to raise a child comfortably. Girls and women who complete high school may find that many jobs require a college degree or vocational school certificate, and without those, she may still not be able to get a job that pays a decent salary. A high school diploma alone is no guarantee of good employment, but all girls need one if they hope to advance to higher levels of education that their chosen job or career requires.

HARDSHIP #5: LOSS OF MOBILITY – Those who don’t have children have a rather naïve idea that parents can just as easily take a baby with them whenever they go out. They are half right. Yes, parents can take a baby out with them, but it is far from easy. Even going to the grocery store with a baby can be a huge hassle. First they have to get the baby dressed, which can be difficult when the little one is happy being home and doesn’t want to be dressed to go out. After getting baby dressed, which can take much longer than mom expected, mom then has to put baby into the car seat, get baby out of the car seat when she arrives at the store, then carry baby around until she can find a cart with an infant carrier. Most grocery stores have very few of those, as I personally discovered long ago. Some may not have any. Going to a restaurant with a baby can also be very stressful, especially if baby suddenly begins crying or screaming for unknown reasons. Mothers who walk into restaurants with screaming or crying babies will find themselves the object of hostile stares, which usually last until they finally have to leave.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#22 Jul 6, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
Helpful Rules For Teens In PREVENTING Pregnancy and STD's
1. NEVER consent to sex if you know you aren't on birth control and a guy tells you he doesn't
have or use condoms (make sure you ask him about condoms BEFORE having sex).
2. ALWAYS use protection, whether it is condoms, the pill, or both, any and EVERY time you
decide to have sex. Not using protection even ONE time will result in an unwanted pregnancy sooner or later.
3. ALWAYS be aware that all contraceptive methods can fail and that pregnancy CAN result.
4. NEVER assume you can't get pregnant because you're on birth control, even the pill.
5. NEVER let yourself be pressured into having sex if you really don't want to do it.
6. NEVER believe a guy who says "trust me, you can't get pregnant." Don't have sex with this guy either.
7. NEVER be afraid to dump a boyfriend or girlfriend if he/she pressures you to do things you don't want to do.
8. NEVER assume that having alternative methods of sex cannot cause pregnancy or a sexually
transmitted disease. It’s possible they can do both.
9. ALWAYS ask exactly what a guy means when he says "I'm old fashioned." It could mean he
believes that girls are ONLY meant to be wives and mothers and nothing else. Don't have sex with this guy, as it could be a trap to GET you pregnant.
10.  ALWAYS keep busy with studies and school or extracurricular activities that you really like and don't want to GIVE UP.
11. NEVER have sex with a total stranger.
Foo posted a list of misconceptions on conception..But I can't find it .

Would be a good place to post it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 8 hr cpeter1313 309,861
News Tennessee Republican who pressured mistress to ... 8 hr Halle Berry Sister 10
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) 13 hr NoahLovesU 7,453
News Anti-Catholic Salon Cheers Church's Decline as ... 16 hr nOgOd 3
News New abortion controversy hits Congress Sat goonsquad 75
News Why Josh Duggar's Past Will Hurt Social Conserv... Fri serfs up 4
News Analysis: In minority, junior Texas House Democ... May 21 bouncing bob 4
More from around the web