Do u think 15 year old girls should g...

Do u think 15 year old girls should get pregnant

Created by Deiner on Apr 4, 2008

494 votes

Click on an option to vote

Agreeable

Disagreeable

Somewhat

Don't Konw

Other

Ocean56

AOL

#124 Mar 14, 2012
BEFORE a girl intentionally (and foolishly) gets pregnant at only fifteen years old, here are some very real HARDSHIPS she will face when a baby arrives.

LOSS OF FREEDOM – Having a baby really does change everything, including the freedom that girls used to have in abundance. Once the baby arrives, that freedom will be gone, for at least the next five or six years and possibly longer. Teen girls who become moms can forget about going out with friends, whether to the movies, to hang out at their favorite restaurant or coffee shop, or anywhere else for that matter. If they do go out, they’ll have to take the baby with them if their parents refuse to babysit. If the baby is sick or very cranky for any number of reasons, girls will end up staying home instead of going out. Girls who are still in middle or high school will find it much harder to do their homework assignments or study for exams when they have to care for a baby as well. It will be a very long time before girls get any of their former freedom back.

LOSS OF SLEEP – The first thing girls have to know about motherhood is that newborn babies do NOT sleep eight hours a night. All mothers, myself included, can honestly say that babies can – and do – wake up during the night as many as two or three times. Each time the baby wakes up, mom has to get up with the baby, feed the baby, change the baby’s diaper (which could be a messy one), and then get the baby back to sleep. When my son was a newborn baby, there were nights where I got NO sleep whatsoever. Luckily for me, I had completed high school and post-high school education long before that, so I didn’t have to get up at 5:00am to go to school after having almost no sleep. Teen moms will not be so lucky.

LOSS OF MONEY – Whatever money a girl used to spend on herself will have to be spent on the baby, and that cost is HUGE; far more than most girls could begin to anticipate. Estimates on how much it costs to raise a child in the 21st century range anywhere from $250,000 to $500,000, and those figures may well be too low. These costs include food, clothing, baby equipment (car seat, crib, stroller, baby carriers, baby and child toys, etc.) and so much more. Anyone who wants to do the math can begin their research by going to their local grocery store and checking out the baby food and diaper sections. Just make sure you have a notebook and calculator, because you will need to multiply those costs for each item several times per week. That’s just for food and diapers, you haven’t even started on the costs for clothing, baby equipment and toys. That will add a staggering amount to your calculations, and the sum will be far higher than you could imagine. If you plan to put the baby in day care for any amount of time during the week, you will have to add up those costs too. Get the picture now? Having a baby costs a HUGE amount of money, which many girls and young women simply do not have, unless they have wealthy parents.

It's NOT "spoiling their fun" by mentioning the hardships of teen motherhood, by the way. Being raised in near poverty is NOT fun at all for a baby who had NO choice in his/her choice of a mother.
Ocean56

AOL

#125 Mar 14, 2012
Here are MORE hardships of teen motherhood that teen girls should know about BEFORE they make the disastrous mistake of getting pregnant at 15:

LOSS OF EDUCATION AND JOB/CAREER OPPORTUNITIES – As hard as it is to acknowledge, a working mother of any age cannot have the same kind of freedom, flexibility or mobility as a woman without children has. If a girl cannot complete high school due to the demands of motherhood, she will not be able to go to college or vocational school, as both typically require a high school diploma first. That automatically limits her ability to find good employment, and she may well have to settle for a minimum wage job, which pays far less than what is needed to raise a child comfortably. Girls who complete high school may find that many jobs require a college degree or vocational school certificate, and without those, she may still not be able to get a job that pays a decent salary. A high school diploma alone is no guarantee of good employment, but all girls need one if they hope to advance to higher levels of education that their chosen job or career requires.

LOSS OF MOBILITY - Those who don’t have children have a rather naďve idea that parents can just as easily take a baby with them whenever they go out. They are half right. Yes, parents can take a baby out with them, but it is far from easy. Even going to the grocery store with a baby can be a huge hassle. First they have to get the baby dressed, which can be difficult when the little one is happy being home and doesn’t want to be dressed to go out. After getting baby dressed, which can take much longer than mom expected, mom then has to put baby into the car seat, get baby out of the car seat when she arrives at the store, then carry baby around until she can find a cart with an infant carrier. Most grocery stores have very few of those, as I personally discovered long ago. Some may not have any. Going to a restaurant with a baby can also be very stressful, especially if baby suddenly begins crying or screaming for unknown reasons. Mothers who walk into restaurants with screaming or crying babies will find themselves the object of hostile stares, which usually last until they finally have to leave.

LOSS OF PRIVATE TIME – When a baby arrives, a girl-turned-mom will quickly find that she doesn’t have privacy any more. If she used to read books for hours with few or no interruptions, that will no longer be an option for her. If she needs quiet time to complete her homework assignments or study for important final exams, that won’t be possible either. A baby will demand her attention many times during the day, so she won’t have private time for doing the things she enjoys or needs to complete.

It's much better to know about these hardships of being a mother BEFORE a girl makes the huge mistake of getting pregnant at 15 and then becoming a mother. It's too late to realize this AFTER the baby comes.
15 year old

Pikeville, KY

#127 Jun 24, 2012
I want to i am 15 and going to get pregnant so don't judge.
Ocean56

AOL

#128 Jun 25, 2012
15 year old wrote:
I want to i am 15 and going to get pregnant so don't judge.
Sorry, but as far as I'M concerned, your intention to "get pregnant" at 15 is foolish and irresponsible.

I see too many NEGATIVES resulting from teen pregnancy and teen motherhood to support it, so I don't. And I make no apologies for not doing so.
up the stick

UK

#129 Jun 29, 2012
Some girls want babies from an early age and are great Mothers, the way I see it is, it's mother nature knows what she's doing & when a girl starts her menstrual cycle she's ready & better for a 15 year old to get naturally pregnant then a 50+ year old gets herself pregnant using invitro. That is so against the laws of nature & dangerous. For mother & baby.
Ocean56

AOL

#130 Jun 29, 2012
up the stick wrote:
Some girls want babies from an early age and are great Mothers, the way I see it is, it's mother nature knows what she's doing & when a girl starts her menstrual cycle she's ready & better for a 15 year old to get naturally pregnant then a 50+ year old gets herself pregnant using invitro. That is so against the laws of nature & dangerous. For mother & baby.
Oh PLEASE. A girl who is only 15 is basically uneducated, can't get a decent job because she is too young, and therefore she is basically unable to provide all the basic necessities a baby needs. That is a recipe for nothing but disaster and, in more cases than not, POVERTY.

Sorry, but no teenager or adult will EVER convince me that teen pregnancy and teen motherhood are a good thing. There are too many NEGATIVE aspects of both for me to support teen motherhood, so I don't. And I will never apologize for not doing so.
saraa

United States

#131 Jun 30, 2012
16 year old and I'm going to get pregnant :) I want a kid :) and live with my boyfriend :D
saraa

Plano, TX

#132 Jun 30, 2012
15 my Birthday next month turning 16 I'm going to get pregnant and Im ready and I want a kid and my boyfriend also wants to have a kid :D

Comment back or share opinion

Since: Jun 12

United States

#133 Jun 30, 2012
Almost 16 and I'm going to get pregnant Because I want a kid and my boyfriend to :)

Comment or share opinion
Ocean56

AOL

#134 Jun 30, 2012
For girls who are irresponsible enough to intentionally get pregnant at 15 or 16, I sincerely hope that your children will not suffer too terribly in future as a result of your poor judgment.

Just so you know, love does NOT pay for formula, diapers, clothing and all the necessities a baby needs to thrive. MONEY does, and without much of it, your baby will have to without a lot of things, unless you have very wealthy parents who don't mind that you GOT PREGNANT as a teenager.

United States

#135 Jun 30, 2012
whatever girl wrote:
if they want yes wtf bitchez...haterz just cuz other girls cant have them shit im pregnant im 15 and what?
Were you scared to get pregnant? Because I want get pregnant but I'm scared :/
Ocean56

AOL

#136 Jul 1, 2012
nuni y tita wrote:
Were you scared to get pregnant? Because I want get pregnant but I'm scared :/
You SHOULD be scared. Pregnancy in teenagers can cause many problems for teen girls, which you need to be talking about with a doctor or nurse, if you have one. Medical professionals are the people you need to be talking to now, BEFORE you make the huge mistake of getting pregnant, not afterwards.

Please consider this and DON'T make the mistake of intentionally getting pregnant at this time in your life. There are decisions you can reverse and some you can't. Getting pregnant and having a baby as a teenager is a decision you CAN'T reverse. So for your sake, DON'T do it.
proud anglo saxon

Hull, UK

#137 Jul 1, 2012
nuni y tita wrote:
<quoted text>Were you scared to get pregnant? Because I want get pregnant but I'm scared :/
It's a medical fact that if the girl is on top you can't get pregnant
Ocean56

AOL

#138 Jul 1, 2012
proud anglo saxon wrote:
It's a medical fact that if the girl is on top you can't get pregnant
And which "doctor" told you that, genius? Because what you just said is NOT TRUE.

FYI, a girl CAN get pregnant that way, especially if she isn't using any kind of birth control protection. But don't take my word for it. Ask any REAL doctor, he or she will tell you the same thing. In any case, any kind of teen sex is a BAD IDEA, as is teen pregnancy and teen motherhood.

United States

#139 Jul 1, 2012
sex is good wrote:
i think they should it is up to them i find it sexy when kids are pregnent
How is it sexy?
Brreanna

Union City, TN

#140 Jul 30, 2012
I think that im pregnant i think it will be hard but not impossibe..
Brreanna

Union City, TN

#141 Jul 30, 2012
If i am pregnant and im fifteen it will be hard ut not impossibe it could be a good thing...
England 2012

UK

#142 Jul 30, 2012
Brreanna wrote:
If i am pregnant and im fifteen it will be hard ut not impossibe it could be a good thing...
Hi beautifull. I can tell from the shape of yournaked breasts if your pregnant or not. Send me a picture and I'll let you know xxx
pony girl

Ypsilanti, MI

#143 Jan 2, 2013
a girl that is 15 years old should have sex alot.
PastorBob666

Montgomery Village, MD

#144 Jan 2, 2013
Hey, Ocean!

<<Personally, I think 15-year-old girls shouldn't even be having sex with partners, let alone getting pregnant. I feel it's a lousy idea, for three good reasons:>>

You forgot the most important reason:

In my state, if you are 4 years older (or more) than a 15 year old, you will get up to twenty (years) and a fine up to $25,000 if you have sex with that 15 year old!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 18 min June VanDerMark 337,002
News At CPAC, Joy Villa responds to criticism about ... Apr 23 cpeter1313 4
News RCMP spies saw womena s movement through a red-... Apr 23 Spy 1
News Halton Catholic students stage walkouts to prot... Apr 21 Good on em 1
News Idaho House approves 'abortion-reversal' bill Apr 20 cpeter1313 4
News Anti-abortion politicians push efforts to prose... Apr 20 Joey 1
News Desperate Ben Carson Resorts To Tired Abortion ... (Oct '15) Apr 19 T-BOS 2