Kathy Dahlkemper: I Wouldn'...

Kathy Dahlkemper: I Wouldn't Have Voted for Obamacare If I'd Known About HHS ...

There are 72 comments on the Free Republic story from Feb 8, 2012, titled Kathy Dahlkemper: I Wouldn't Have Voted for Obamacare If I'd Known About HHS .... In it, Free Republic reports that:

Former Democratic congresswoman Kathy Dahlkemper, a Catholic from Erie, Pennsylvania, cast a crucial vote in favor of Obamacare in 2010.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#66 Nov 29, 2012
Factoid wrote:
<quoted text> Funny how you deny absolute truth and replace it with your own truth. You seem to be the high priestess of "relativism" where there is no absolute truth --including what you say is truth. Sorry sister but you are in the wrong here.There is an absolute truth -such as it is always wrong to kill an innocent child- and no amount of your denying it will change that fact. The catholic Church defends absolute truths against heretics like yourself and .been doing so for centuries. So get in line with the other heretics the Church has proved wrong. Your real problem is the denial of Truth and your femanazi attitude.
Funny how you deny reality, and replace it was non factual fantasies!

The CC has its feet firmly cemented in the past all the way back to the dark ages. The CC denounces women as inferior, subservient and submissive to man. How convenient for their all male hierarchy and governing.

The absolute truth is women have been reduced to all he things mentioned above and not allowed in the governing of their OWN lives as dictated by male mythologies. THAT is TRUTH.

The truth is, women have EVERY right to determine THEIR medical/physical well being which INCLUDES THEIR reproductive lives. MEN, do NOT have the right to dictate this. They have NO involvement other than an orgasm. The medical risk and medical condition of pregnancy is entirely a woman's ordeal and no amount of your denying it will change that fact.

Women left to their OWN business can take control of the population and regulate it accordingly without interference from men who wish a expendable population for armies war and commerce. YOU lose.

Your real problem is the denial of TRUTH and your knuckle dragging, club carrying, neanderthal, chauvinistic, imaginary male superiority fog you live in.

WOMEN have rights and we are claiming them regardless of your boyish male tantrum
and your false male phallic worshipping cult. Poor you.
Factoid

Erie, PA

#67 Nov 29, 2012
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how you deny reality, and replace it was non factual fantasies!
The CC has its feet firmly cemented in the past all the way back to the dark ages. The CC denounces women as inferior, subservient and submissive to man. How convenient for their all male hierarchy and governing.
The absolute truth is women have been reduced to all he things mentioned above and not allowed in the governing of their OWN lives as dictated by male mythologies. THAT is TRUTH.
The truth is, women have EVERY right to determine THEIR medical/physical well being which INCLUDES THEIR reproductive lives. MEN, do NOT have the right to dictate this. They have NO involvement other than an orgasm. The medical risk and medical condition of pregnancy is entirely a woman's ordeal and no amount of your denying it will change that fact.
Women left to their OWN business can take control of the population and regulate it accordingly without interference from men who wish a expendable population for armies war and commerce. YOU lose.
Your real problem is the denial of TRUTH and your knuckle dragging, club carrying, neanderthal, chauvinistic, imaginary male superiority fog you live in.
WOMEN have rights and we are claiming them regardless of your boyish male tantrum
and your false male phallic worshipping cult. Poor you.
Everything you have posted is a complete lie stated by someone with absolutely no knowledge of the subject at hand. The Catholic Church teaches that we all have a free will and therefore are free to make our own decisions. The Catholic church also teaches that we must use REASON and FAITH (both of which you lack) in making those decisions. YOU make the claim that women are inferior NOT the Catholic Church which describes women as the backbone of the Church. Your rabid feminism is forming your distorted beliefs, they are not based on unchangeable truths that have been taught since Christ walked the earth. The Catholic Church states that sexual relations must be open to life as that is the purpose of sex. You and others like you have denigrated sex to an act whose sole purpose is for pleasure/ cash and life is a dirty, inconvenient side effect to be disposed of. You have religated babies to the status disposable garbage. The Catholic Church is the biggest defender of women's rights in the world. You're angry, pure and simple, that you don't have the right to kill your child which is the ultimate goal of feminism. Stick that in your Wicken pipe and smoke it Butch.

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#68 Nov 29, 2012
Factoid wrote:
<quoted text> Everything you have posted is a complete lie stated by someone with absolutely no knowledge of the subject at hand. The Catholic Church teaches that we all have a free will and therefore are free to make our own decisions. The Catholic church also teaches that we must use REASON and FAITH (both of which you lack) in making those decisions. YOU make the claim that women are inferior NOT the Catholic Church which describes women as the backbone of the Church. Your rabid feminism is forming your distorted beliefs, they are not based on unchangeable truths that have been taught since Christ walked the earth. The Catholic Church states that sexual relations must be open to life as that is the purpose of sex. You and others like you have denigrated sex to an act whose sole purpose is for pleasure/ cash and life is a dirty, inconvenient side effect to be disposed of. You have religated babies to the status disposable garbage. The Catholic Church is the biggest defender of women's rights in the world. You're angry, pure and simple, that you don't have the right to kill your child which is the ultimate goal of feminism. Stick that in your Wicken pipe and smoke it Butch.
LOL...you are a delusional drama QUEEN and a suckass for a backwards misogynistic phallic worshipping cult that has NO RESPECT for women and is NOT in THE LEAST BIT concerned about womens rights !!!

You are so fcking stupid you do not even realize the contradictions in "The Catholic Church teaches that we all have a free will and therefore are free to make our own decisions.(Then NO problem with me deciding on contraceptive use and having an abortion) The Catholic church also teaches that we must use REASON and FAITH in making those decisions. "

So if you MUST USE CATHOLIC REASON AND FAITH YOU DO NOT HAVE FREE WILL IDIOT!!!

Your rapid knuckle dragging, club carrying, neanderthal, chauvinistic, imaginary male superiority fog you live in is forming and distorting your beliefs.

By the way, I am free to have an abortion and use contraceptives GO FEMINISM!

Spin on this Fucktoid.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/15687b.htm

The female sex is in some respects inferior to the male sex, both as regards body and soul.

It should be emphasized here that man owes his authoritative pre-eminence in society not to personal achievements but to the appointment of the Creator according to the world of the Apostle: "The man ... is the image and glory of god; but the woman is the glory of the man" (1 Corinthians 11:7). The Apostle in this reference to the creation of the first human pair presupposes the image of God in the woman. As this likeness manifests itself exteriorly in man's supremacy over creation (Genesis 1:26), and as man as the born leader of the family first exercised this supremacy, he is called directly God's image in this capacity. Woman takes part in this supremacy only indirectly under the guidance of the man and as his helpmeet. It is impossible to limit the Pauline statement to the single family; and the Apostle himself inferred from this the social position of woman in the Church community. Thus her natural position is assigned to woman in every form of society that springs necessarily from the family. This position is described by St. Thomas Aquinas with classic clearness (Summa theol., I:92:1, ad 2um). This doctrine, which has always been maintained by the Catholic Church, was repeatedly emphasized by Leo XIII. The encyclical "Arcanum", 10 February, 1880, declares: "The husband is ruler of the family and the head of the wife; the woman as flesh of his flesh and bone of his bone is to be subordinate and obedient to the husband, not, however, as a hand-maid but as a companion of such a kind that the obedience given is as honourable as dignified. As, however, the husband ruling represents the image of Christ and the wife obedient the image of the Church, Divine love should at all times set the standard of duty".
HuskerDu

United States

#69 Nov 29, 2012
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...you are a delusional drama QUEEN and a suckass for a backwards misogynistic phallic worshipping cult that has NO RESPECT for women and is NOT in THE LEAST BIT concerned about womens rights !!!
You are so fcking stupid you do not even realize the contradictions in "The Catholic Church teaches that we all have a free will and therefore are free to make our own decisions.(Then NO problem with me deciding on contraceptive use and having an abortion) The Catholic church also teaches that we must use REASON and FAITH in making those decisions. "
So if you MUST USE CATHOLIC REASON AND FAITH YOU DO NOT HAVE FREE WILL IDIOT!!!
Your rapid knuckle dragging, club carrying, neanderthal, chauvinistic, imaginary male superiority fog you live in is forming and distorting your beliefs.
By the way, I am free to have an abortion and use contraceptives GO FEMINISM!
Spin on this Fucktoid.
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/15687b.htm
The female sex is in some respects inferior to the male sex, both as regards body and soul.
It should be emphasized here that man owes his authoritative pre-eminence in society not to personal achievements but to the appointment of the Creator according to the world of the Apostle: "The man ... is the image and glory of god; but the woman is the glory of the man" (1 Corinthians 11:7). The Apostle in this reference to the creation of the first human pair presupposes the image of God in the woman. As this likeness manifests itself exteriorly in man's supremacy over creation (Genesis 1:26), and as man as the born leader of the family first exercised this supremacy, he is called directly God's image in this capacity. Woman takes part in this supremacy only indirectly under the guidance of the man and as his helpmeet. It is impossible to limit the Pauline statement to the single family; and the Apostle himself inferred from this the social position of woman in the Church community. Thus her natural position is assigned to woman in every form of society that springs necessarily from the family. This position is described by St. Thomas Aquinas with classic clearness (Summa theol., I:92:1, ad 2um). This doctrine, which has always been maintained by the Catholic Church, was repeatedly emphasized by Leo XIII. The encyclical "Arcanum", 10 February, 1880, declares: "The husband is ruler of the family and the head of the wife; the woman as flesh of his flesh and bone of his bone is to be subordinate and obedient to the husband, not, however, as a hand-maid but as a companion of such a kind that the obedience given is as honourable as dignified. As, however, the husband ruling represents the image of Christ and the wife obedient the image of the Church, Divine love should at all times set the standard of duty".
You do not understand what you posted, go ask a priest.
HuskerDu

United States

#70 Nov 29, 2012
What does the Catholic Church teach about marriage?

Basing her teaching on God’s revelation in Scripture and the meaning of the human person, created male and female in the image of God, the Catholic Church teaches that marriage is the lifelong partnership of mutual and exclusive fidelity between a man and a woman ordered by its very nature to the good of the spouses and the procreation and education of children (see CCC, no. 1601; CIC, can. 1055.1; GS, no. 48). The bond of marriage is indissoluble – that is, it lasts “until death do us part.” At the heart of married love is the total gift of self that husband and wife freely offer to each other. Because of their sexual difference, husband and wife can truly become “one flesh” and can give to each other “the reality of children, who are a living reflection of their love”(FC, no. 14).

Marriage between a baptized man and a baptized woman is a sacrament. This means that the bond between husband and wife is a visible sign of the sacrificial love of Christ for his Church. As a sacrament, marriage gives spouses the grace they need to love each other generously, in imitation of Christ.—————————

What does the Catholic Church teach about marriage?

Basing her teaching on God’s revelation in Scripture and the meaning of the human person, created male and female in the image of God, the Catholic Church teaches that marriage is the lifelong partnership of mutual and exclusive fidelity between a man and a woman ordered by its very nature to the good of the spouses and the procreation and education of children (see CCC, no. 1601; CIC, can. 1055.1; GS, no. 48). The bond of marriage is indissoluble – that is, it lasts “until death do us part.” At the heart of married love is the total gift of self that husband and wife freely offer to each other. Because of their sexual difference, husband and wife can truly become “one flesh” and can give to each other “the reality of children, who are a living reflection of their love”(FC, no. 14).

Marriage between a baptized man and a baptized woman is a sacrament. This means that the bond between husband and wife is a visible sign of the sacrificial love of Christ for his Church. As a sacrament, marriage gives spouses the grace they need to love each other generously, in imitation of Christ. Source Catholic Bishops on marriage.

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#71 Nov 29, 2012
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text> You do not understand what you posted, go ask a priest.
I understand exactly what I posted, and I understand that the CC is governed by male hierarchy, women not allowed, women are inferior. No need for further explanations.

Why would I ask a celibate male about anything except celibacy? Why would I ask a priest about anything pertaining to a woman, HE knows NOTHING.
HuskerDu

United States

#72 Nov 29, 2012
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand exactly what I posted, and I understand that the CC is governed by male hierarchy, women not allowed, women are inferior. No need for further explanations.
Why would I ask a celibate male about anything except celibacy? Why would I ask a priest about anything pertaining to a woman, HE knows NOTHING.
You have no idea what the Church stands for and you surely can't understand Aquinas,to deep for ya.

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#73 Nov 29, 2012
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text> You have no idea what the Church stands for and you surely can't understand Aquinas,to deep for ya.
Sorry, nothing deep about being a misogynistic ass.

However trying to manipulate, back peddle and apply new meaning to his writings can get deep, just like the church, knee deep in BS.
HuskerDu

United States

#74 Nov 29, 2012
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, nothing deep about being a misogynistic ass.
However trying to manipulate, back peddle and apply new meaning to his writings can get deep, just like the church, knee deep in BS.
So you try to insult because you can't understand Aquinas.
yoo hoo

Erie, PA

#75 Nov 29, 2012
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text> So you try to insult because you can't understand Aquinas.
I think you mean Plato. Oh well, as Kung pointed out the Catholic Church is a cult. Have a nice day ;)

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#76 Nov 30, 2012
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text> So you try to insult because you can't understand Aquinas.
I understand the misogynist Thomas Aquinas perfectly.
Ocean56

AOL

#77 Nov 30, 2012
Factoid wrote:
Everything you have posted is a complete lie stated by someone with absolutely no knowledge of the subject at hand. The Catholic Church teaches that we all have a free will and therefore are free to make our own decisions. The Catholic church also teaches that we must use REASON and FAITH (both of which you lack) in making those decisions. YOU make the claim that women are inferior NOT the Catholic Church which describes women as the backbone of the Church. Your rabid feminism is forming your distorted beliefs, they are not based on unchangeable truths that have been taught since Christ walked the earth. The Catholic Church states that sexual relations must be open to life as that is the purpose of sex. You and others like you have denigrated sex to an act whose sole purpose is for pleasure/ cash and life is a dirty, inconvenient side effect to be disposed of. You have religated babies to the status disposable garbage. The Catholic Church is the biggest defender of women's rights in the world. You're angry, pure and simple, that you don't have the right to kill your child which is the ultimate goal of feminism. Stick that in your Wicken pipe and smoke it Butch.
Oh PLEASE. The catholic church is NOT the "biggest defender of women's rights in the world," no matter how many times you claim it is. This TOXIC church treats women as baby factories "for god and church," nothing more. It forbids all forms of non-procreative sexual acts as "sins" because they don't carry the pregnancy risk if they don't lead to intercourse. Why ANY woman would voluntarily enslave herself to that church's toxic doctrines is beyond me. Thankfully, I'm not forced to do so.

Whether YOU like it or not, and I couldn't care less that you don't, women are free to REJECT motherhood if they don't ever want pregnancy or children, or to refuse having more kids because they're DONE with the procreation thing. That means they can use contraception to PREVENT the unwanted outcome of pregnancy or, if their BC fails, to terminate the unwanted pregnancy. Either way, if it isn't YOUR pregnancy, it isn't your decision. Simple as that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr weaponX 315,294
News CA Judge Places Stiff Contempt Fine On Pro-Life... Jul 21 cpeter1313 1
News National anti-abortion group aims to shut down ... Jul 20 Jael2 1
News Feminist icon Gloria Steinem adored, reviled in... Jul 20 Pam 12
News Feature: A New Front in the War Over Reproducti... Jul 18 cpeter1313 1
News Abortion-rights activist found in contempt over... Jul 17 cpeter1313 1
News Oregon approves measure requiring insurers to c... Jul 15 Laredo 157
More from around the web