Belfast to open Ireland's 1st abortio...

Belfast to open Ireland's 1st abortion clinic

There are 195 comments on the Ft. Meade Leader story from Oct 11, 2012, titled Belfast to open Ireland's 1st abortion clinic. In it, Ft. Meade Leader reports that:

A family planning charity plans to open the first abortion clinic in Ireland, challenging decades of legal confusion over the extremely limited access to pregnancy terminations in both parts of the island.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ft. Meade Leader.

Ocean56

AOL

#68 Nov 22, 2012
jason norris wrote:
dykes do not like getting pregnant.
Still posting your usual nonsense, I see. Why does this idiocy not surprise me. Many STRAIGHT women don't like getting pregnant either, goofy. No matter how much you whine about it, NO woman has to get or stay pregnant unless she WANTS to do so.

Motherhood is still OPTIONAL, not required, even if a pregnancy happens. That means any woman can opt OUT of motherhood if she doesn't want pregnancy or children. I know that doesn't fit with your 19th-century idea of what a "true woman" is, but too bad. Some women have other priorities, which don't include being TRAPPED by the title, "Occupation: housewife."
Ocean56

AOL

#69 Nov 22, 2012
mikev483 wrote:
apart from cases of rape,isn't getting pregnant optional?
If all firms of birth control were 100% guaranteed to PREVENT unwanted pregnancy, I would say yes. Since that isn't the case, and all forms of contraception can and DO fail, the answer is NO. Hope this helps.
jason norris

Wolverhampton, UK

#70 Nov 22, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Still posting your usual nonsense, I see. Why does this idiocy not surprise me. Many STRAIGHT women don't like getting pregnant either, goofy. No matter how much you whine about it, NO woman has to get or stay pregnant unless she WANTS to do so.
Motherhood is still OPTIONAL, not required, even if a pregnancy happens. That means any woman can opt OUT of motherhood if she doesn't want pregnancy or children. I know that doesn't fit with your 19th-century idea of what a "true woman" is, but too bad. Some women have other priorities, which don't include being TRAPPED by the title, "Occupation: housewife."
do not understand "straight women". Please use either "normal" or "abnormal".
No one has suggested that getting pregnant is anything only optional, only you.
Housewife, career woman, whatever. Up to the individual.
The only one going on about it is you.
Millions upon millions of normal women are proud to be called housewife.
People, abnormal people, are attempting to make normal into abnormal. This will not work. So get a life and do what you want to do. I guess someone had sex to get you. Too bad for them. You are a waste of space.1727
rio

UK

#71 Nov 22, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
If all firms of birth control were 100% guaranteed to PREVENT unwanted pregnancy, I would say yes. Since that isn't the case, and all forms of contraception can and DO fail, the answer is NO. Hope this helps.
But even then, a woman has the right to change her mind.
She may willingly fall pregnant, and then change her mind and decide to terminate. It's her body, it's her choice.
It has nothing to do with men; many of them like to pass judgment on matters that doesn't concern them.

There are so many reasons why a woman would want to terminate a pregnancy: violent relationship, breakdown of relationship, economic hardship, loss of job, ill health, emotional issues, mental health, lack of good accommodation, carreer, studies, exams, etc...

For a woman, there is more than motherhood, and many do very well in opting out of it. Men don't possess women's bodies. Most men can't even look after themselves or act with some degree of maturity anyway.
Ocean56

AOL

#72 Nov 22, 2012
jason norris wrote:
do not understand "straight women". Please use either "normal" or "abnormal".
Housewife, career woman, whatever. Up to the individual.
The only one going on about it is you.
People, abnormal people, are attempting to make normal into abnormal. This will not work. So get a life and do what you want to do. I guess someone had sex to get you. Too bad for them. You are a waste of space.
I'll use ANY word I please, goofy. If you don't understand it, tough luck. In this case, the word "straight" simply means not gay. I couldn't care less what you think is "normal" or not.

There are plenty of women who don't want to be TRAPPED into the narrow and restrictive title known as "Occupation: housewife," in case you were too uninformed to know this. They prefer being free, independent women, dedicating their lives to their careers, which can be anything BUT marriage and/or motherhood.

The only ones who call women who don't want marriage or children "abnormal" or "unnatural" are the ultra-conservative morons who think the ONLY valid purposes of women are endless reproduction and years of unpaid house service. Morons like YOU, to be specific.
rio

UK

#73 Nov 22, 2012
jason norris wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt you are a member of the male sezx. I have read other posts by you and think that either you are a butch bull dyke or a homosexual. You caertainly lack balls and if you are an advert for the British mindset then pity the British Nation.
There is a partnership between normal men and women, stress the word "normal". That partnership does not extend to abnormals, so one assumes you speak for the abnormals.
The word "misogynist", as used by you, is now the "in" word to be used against men who do not like lesbians. Well, wrong again, because they provide normal men with good entertainment value, nothing nicer than a couple of buth bull dykes trying to emulate men. Real turn on.
You are just a useless twittering left wing nothing person. As much use as a fart in a gale.
Poor idiot!
Because I don't agree with you on women issues, I am one of them. I am either a lesbian, or a homosexual, not even left wing as if that had any relevance!
Poor idiot, reduced to pigeonhole people who don't agree with him.

I speak for the respect of women, whatever their choice in life is, whatever they decide about motherhood, abortion, contraception, etc... They are 50% at least of the human race; they are not your chattel for you to decide.

Do you really think that with your attitude you represent the British mindset? You are a dinosaur, you are like in the Middle Age, you don't belong to the 21st century with your old fashion misogynistic opinions on women. You sound like an ill-educated low-life moron. Aren't you a football hooligan perhaps, or maybe an EDL suporter. Yes, I think I am right, that's about your size.
Ocean56

AOL

#74 Nov 22, 2012
rio wrote:
But even then, a woman has the right to change her mind.
She may willingly fall pregnant, and then change her mind and decide to terminate. It's her body, it's her choice.
It has nothing to do with men; many of them like to pass judgment on matters that doesn't concern them.
There are so many reasons why a woman would want to terminate a pregnancy: violent relationship, breakdown of relationship, economic hardship, loss of job, ill health, emotional issues, mental health, lack of good accommodation, carreer, studies, exams, etc...
For a woman, there is more than motherhood, and many do very well in opting out of it. Men don't possess women's bodies. Most men can't even look after themselves or act with some degree of maturity anyway.
Agreed on all points. Whatever decision a woman makes about pregnancy, whether to continue it or not to do so, it is HER decision alone. I have always felt that the pro-choice position boils down to just four simple words: let EACH woman decide. Which she does.:-)

As you said, some women choose NOT to be mothers, for their own personal reasons, and that's just fine. The decision NOT to be a mother is just as responsible and valid as the choice to be one, no matter what ultra-conservative control freaks say.
rio

UK

#75 Nov 22, 2012
jason norris wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that women MUST get pregnant at all cost, even if they are unwilling?

Are you advertising for rapists?
rio

UK

#76 Nov 22, 2012
jason norris wrote:
<quoted text>
In the Western world? That's not true.

Most women wish to get some sort of career to be fullfilled, to achieve something by themselves and also to acquire econmic independence.

Most housewifes fall in a depencency situation, from the state or a partner, from which it is very difficult to recover.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#77 Nov 22, 2012
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
... says the misogynistic pig !!
oohhh hark at madame!

you really should see a doctor,ask him if he can hepl with your un-descended testicles.
rio

UK

#78 Nov 22, 2012
mikev483 wrote:
<quoted text>
oohhh hark at madame!
you really should see a doctor,ask him if he can hepl with your un-descended testicles.
Is that the best you can do, loser!

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#79 Nov 22, 2012
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that the best you can do, loser!
lol is it that time of month again?

you really should man up a bit ,you are taking the whole "metro-sexual" thing way too far.

jason norris

Wolverhampton, UK

#80 Nov 22, 2012
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor idiot!
Because I don't agree with you on women issues, I am one of them. I am either a lesbian, or a homosexual, not even left wing as if that had any relevance!
Poor idiot, reduced to pigeonhole people who don't agree with him.
I speak for the respect of women, whatever their choice in life is, whatever they decide about motherhood, abortion, contraception, etc... They are 50% at least of the human race; they are not your chattel for you to decide.
Do you really think that with your attitude you represent the British mindset? You are a dinosaur, you are like in the Middle Age, you don't belong to the 21st century with your old fashion misogynistic opinions on women. You sound like an ill-educated low-life moron. Aren't you a football hooligan perhaps, or maybe an EDL suporter. Yes, I think I am right, that's about your size.
you are an unrepentant dyke. No law against it, just admit it.
rio

UK

#81 Nov 22, 2012
mikev483 wrote:
<quoted text>
lol is it that time of month again?
you really should man up a bit ,you are taking the whole "metro-sexual" thing way too far.
So, not only you are well known for being a xenophobe Islamophobic, a racist thug to boot and and a self-confessed paedophile, now you also display misogynistic tendencies.
Is there more we have to find out about your nasty character?
You really belong to the dinosaur age!!
jason norris

Wolverhampton, UK

#82 Nov 22, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll use ANY word I please, goofy. If you don't understand it, tough luck. In this case, the word "straight" simply means not gay. I couldn't care less what you think is "normal" or not.
There are plenty of women who don't want to be TRAPPED into the narrow and restrictive title known as "Occupation: housewife," in case you were too uninformed to know this. They prefer being free, independent women, dedicating their lives to their careers, which can be anything BUT marriage and/or motherhood.
The only ones who call women who don't want marriage or children "abnormal" or "unnatural" are the ultra-conservative morons who think the ONLY valid purposes of women are endless reproduction and years of unpaid house service. Morons like YOU, to be specific.
To say the least, you are really quite rabid with your views. Please let either the pmt"pre", the pmt"post", or the hormonal unbalance clear before you enter into a serious post like this.
Not your fault, just female nature. Bless you.
rio

UK

#83 Nov 22, 2012
mikev483 and jason norris, you really deserve each other.

You are both perfect example of two male chauvinist pigs. You obviously have problems with women.
So insecure, so outdated, so stupid.
Frankly you are a disgrace to this country if you are British.
rio

UK

#84 Nov 22, 2012
jason norris wrote:
<quoted text>
To say the least, you are really quite rabid with your views. Please let either the pmt"pre", the pmt"post", or the hormonal unbalance clear before you enter into a serious post like this.
Not your fault, just female nature. Bless you.
You really have a problem with women, don't you?
That comes out in most of your posts.
Did your mother slapped you too hard as a child?
Do you think men are superior to women?
Allymac

Glasgow, UK

#85 Nov 22, 2012
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
You really have a problem with women, don't you?
That comes out in most of your posts.
Did your mother slapped you too hard as a child?
Do you think men are superior to women?
Are you a woman...man or he/she?
rio

UK

#86 Nov 22, 2012
Allymac wrote:
<quoted text>Are you a woman...man or he/she?
And what are you?

Before asking questions, you may as well introduce yourself, I should think! Politness and all that ....
Not that I expect much from you in terms of civilities, of course.
You have already demonstrated that you are quite rude.
Allymac

Glasgow, UK

#87 Nov 22, 2012
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
And what are you?
Before asking questions, you may as well introduce yourself, I should think! Politness and all that ....
Not that I expect much from you in terms of civilities, of course.
You have already demonstrated that you are quite rude.
I was only asking....don't take it so bad....you are what you are LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Sat Choicerocks 314,354
News Oklahoma House Declares Abortion 'Murder' May 23 bohart 7
Abortition Pros & Cons - What do you think May 23 Uncle Joe 2
News Woman had 15 abortions over 17 years (Oct '09) May 23 Uncle Joe 3
News Feminist icon Gloria Steinem adored, reviled in... May 22 They cannot kill ... 8
News Abortion clinic case summons a separate issue :... (Apr '07) May 22 silly rabbit 161
News Planned Parenthood to close 4 Iowa clinics afte... May 21 Lawrence Wolf 29
More from around the web