Latino groups to Obama: You owe us el...

Latino groups to Obama: You owe us election, now pass immigration reform

There are 15 comments on the WNUS-FM Vienna story from Nov 7, 2012, titled Latino groups to Obama: You owe us election, now pass immigration reform. In it, WNUS-FM Vienna reports that:

In initially off-the-record comments to newspaper in October, President Barack Obama said that if he won re-election, he would owe it to Latinos.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WNUS-FM Vienna.

Secure The Border

De Soto, KS

#1 Nov 7, 2012
LOL, pushy aren't they?
ima

El Paso, TX

#2 Nov 7, 2012
sorry but he owes you nada, he ONLY WANTED YOUR VOTES!! as if you hadn't NOTICED he BREAKS ALL HIS PROMISES!!! JUST YOU WATCH.....ALL THESE GROUPS GOT SCREWED!!!! he got your votes YOU GET NOTHING!

The Notorious Rico

“Conservatism is a Disease.”

Since: Nov 11

Lake Los Angeles, CA

#3 Nov 7, 2012
I'm Hispanic and feel the only immigration reform we need is to curb the illegal immigration numbers in the USA via attrition in a fiscally logical & humane way.

If both parties end up giving some amnesty in exchange for the elimination of magnet effects then so be it.

If not, no sweat off my back.

The Notorious Rico

Lake Los Angeles, CA

#4 Nov 7, 2012
ima wrote:
sorry but he owes you nada, he ONLY WANTED YOUR VOTES!! as if you hadn't NOTICED he BREAKS ALL HIS PROMISES!!! JUST YOU WATCH.....ALL THESE GROUPS GOT SCREWED!!!! he got your votes YOU GET NOTHING!
Immigration reform should be a bipartisan issue and keep in mind, ROMNEY WAS THE SAME ON IMMIGRATION REFORM AS OBAMA.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#5 Nov 9, 2012
The Notorious Rico wrote:
<quoted text>
Immigration reform should be a bipartisan issue and keep in mind, ROMNEY WAS THE SAME ON IMMIGRATION REFORM AS OBAMA.
Bipartisan, yes, but the "86 amnesty should be enough proof to know that it did nothing it set out to do, as the borders were never secured as they were promised to be. Hence the reason for the constant influx that occurred more and more each year. We simply should not have to absorb every one of them, but I honestly don't know an equitable way to deal with this problem. Americans can't afford things as they arre, and I don't see giving them citizenship helping much either. I really don't know, rico.
trish

Silver Spring, MD

#6 Nov 9, 2012
this country was built on foreigners and everyone oppsing immigration reform i believe native american s called the problem white people so i believe everyone is illegal except them american indians are true owners of this country

Location hidden

#7 Nov 9, 2012
trish wrote:
this country was built on foreigners and everyone oppsing immigration reform i believe native american s called the problem white people so i believe everyone is illegal except them american indians are true owners of this country
That arugment has long been dismissed. They came to this land from some place else as well.

The Notorious Rico

Lake Los Angeles, CA

#9 Nov 9, 2012
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Bipartisan, yes, but the "86 amnesty should be enough proof to know that it did nothing it set out to do, as the borders were never secured as they were promised to be. Hence the reason for the constant influx that occurred more and more each year. We simply should not have to absorb every one of them, but I honestly don't know an equitable way to deal with this problem. Americans can't afford things as they arre, and I don't see giving them citizenship helping much either. I really don't know, rico.
The '86 amnesty did what it promised. It gave citizenship to millions of eligible illegal aliens. Where the problem occurred is that those new laws were not enforced very good and like you say, the droves of illegals continued to enter. Today we have much more illegal aliens today than we had prior to '86. I agree, the current system is a failure.

If any form of amnesty occurs, it should be met with a change in the 14th's citizenship clause, end to illegal aliens obtaining welfare... and other right wing ideas that curb or eliminate magnet effects. If there is going to be bi-partisanship, this is the best approach IMO.

So amnesty or no amnesty... the laws need to be enforced, magnet effects need to be curbed and future politicians need to ensure that prevention is the key to success.

Another key issue I have is holding a politican accountable. The worst that happens to them is they get voted out and nothing more. Why not hold their feet to the fire when they fail that goes beyone getting voted out.

You know... tar & feather them... for reals. That shit would hurt.

The Notorious Rico

Lake Los Angeles, CA

#10 Nov 9, 2012
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>That arugment has long been dismissed. They came to this land from some place else as well.
You're ignoring the underlying notion that NA's where here long before Europeans were. So maybe the NA's immigrated here when the earth had supercontinents? Maybe they were always here? Your "dismissal" is moot.

The point here is that NA's were of course the lesser technological group but by todays standards that's no excuse to steal & take from a person.

The Notorious Rico

Lake Los Angeles, CA

#11 Nov 9, 2012
trish wrote:
The USA was founded on settler colonialism and that form of immigration is ugly but it is what it is. So you think the NA's are the true owners of the land.

Go down to a local reservation and try to become a member. Chances are, they'll deny you and kick you to the curb so it's my argument that though the USA was wrong in taking from the NA's... we're much more free & prosperous than NA's today.

Location hidden

#12 Nov 9, 2012
<quoted text>
The '86 amnesty did what it promised. It gave citizenship to millions of eligible illegal aliens. Where the problem occurred is that those new laws were not enforced very good and like you say, the droves of illegals continued to enter. Today we have much more illegal aliens today than we had prior to '86. I agree, the current system is a failure.
If any form of amnesty occurs, it should be met with a change in the 14th's citizenship clause, end to illegal aliens obtaining welfare... and other right wing ideas that curb or eliminate magnet effects. If there is going to be bi-partisanship, this is the best approach IMO.
So amnesty or no amnesty... the laws need to be enforced, magnet effects need to be curbed and future politicians need to ensure that prevention is the key to success.
Another key issue I have is holding a politican accountable. The worst that happens to them is they get voted out and nothing more. Why not hold their feet to the fire when they fail that goes beyone getting voted out.
Yo, rico, we ARE on the same page!!! Great post! As I used to tell the kids, give yourself a pat on the back!!!

Location hidden

#13 Nov 9, 2012
<quoted text>
You're ignoring the underlying notion that NA's where here long before Europeans were. So maybe the NA's immigrated here when the earth had supercontinents? Maybe they were always here? Your "dismissal" is moot.
The point here is that NA's were of course the lesser technological group but by todays standards that's no excuse to steal & take from a person.
Possibly...I agree, the slaughters were unconscionable, but I think both sides refused to acquiesce, and humans being as they, are acted upon their differences of opinions in a most brutal way. Years ago I read a book called, "I Buried My Heart at Wounded Knee", and it left such an impression on me.
ima

United States

#14 Dec 3, 2012
<quoted text>
Obama HAS FAILED and needs to be tar & feathered! presently he is in Hawaii on a 17 day vacation (4 million dollars) tax payer paid of course! how selfish!!! there are people still without power where Sandy hit! no homes, no food or personal belongs and he's out there greedily enjoying not one week off but more than three weeks! Is this even considered patriotic, and caring of our citizens? or even presidential? there's something VERY WRONG HERE! He has to be the weirdest and most uncaring excuse of human being ON EARTH! We could get nuked
ima

United States

#15 Dec 3, 2012
we might get nuked and where is he, or would he give a damn?

Location hidden

#16 Dec 4, 2012
Actually, I find the Hispanics attitude pretty funny. Apparently they didn't read BO too well, he said a lot of crap to get their vote. He has no plans to make anybody but himself happy, and his happiness is going to hurt this country. Too bad these Hispanics think their desires are more important than what IS in the best interests of ALL legal US citizens. Why are they so intent on turning this country into the one they claim they fled for various reasons?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min USAsince1680 1,496,972
News Trump supporters cheer his combative stance wit... 7 min bottlecap 363
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 10 min SHAKEUP 36,320
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min Jacques in Ottawa 237,604
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 22 min MANCHILD TRUMP 5,797
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Just call me Abe 3 258,837
News CIA analyst resigns because of Trump's 'disturb... 7 hr inbred Genius 44
More from around the web