New York Mayor Bloomberg endorses Oba...

New York Mayor Bloomberg endorses Obama for re-election, cites leadership on climate change

There are 102 comments on the The Washington Post story from Nov 1, 2012, titled New York Mayor Bloomberg endorses Obama for re-election, cites leadership on climate change. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg on Thursday backed President Barack Obama over Republican Mitt Romney, saying the incumbent Democrat will bring leadership that is critically needed to fight climate change after the East Coast devastation wrought by Hurricane Sandy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#29 Nov 2, 2012
Jack from Bedias wrote:
<quoted text>You don't hear anything about that. The "drive-by" made enough noise about GM and Crysler that a bunch of people went out and bought Toyotas and they now regret it.$38,000 for something that isn't any better than the $22,000 Silverado.
Well, that's just par for the course, when we have most media outlets in the tank for the current administration. People are carefully being forcefed just enough, yet they are still being kept out of the loop. I daresay if we were given the truth about everything important to us, this country would implode. Sadly, as a people, we are are becoming a bunch of amoral, avarcious, egotistical boobs. I am so weary of the "me, myself and I" agenda, and long for the we...as in we the people. We all need to dig in and make do with less if need be. I am sick of the lies and half truths.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#30 Nov 2, 2012
Hollywood White Power wrote:
Mitt Romney would have left the East Coast for dead. He hates Americans.
Romney doesn't hate all Americans. He stated it is his job to not care about 47% of Americans. Of the other 53%, he loves the wealthiest 1% and he likes the the other 52% that he thinks he can manipulate because of their stupidity. Unfortunately for him, he his estimate of American stupidity is a litte off. There aren't enough stupid people to elect him.

“The "entitled" =communist.”

Since: May 10

MY MONEY, come take it.

#31 Nov 2, 2012
We in Houston live with the threats of storms, floods, wildfires, invasion from Mexico. To quote a former Democratic liberal president, "I shed alittle tear".
Tommy V

AOL

#32 Nov 2, 2012
spud wrote:
Bloomburg again proves that New Yorkers, much like Californians, are unqualified to pick their leaders. It seems that idiots prefer living in high density population areas.
In fairness, In the pathetic deficet ridden nightmare States like NY and CA, the Public Employee Unions OWN the Democratic Party which means no one else has any representation. Every thing must be given to the union members at the direct expense of everything and every one in the Blue States.

Most say it is because Blue States are filled with ignorant chumps who don't care about their children's futures. Blue Staters believe their children only deserve a hopeless future as tax slaves to the never ending demands of Big Brother/Big Union.

MY MONEY, come take it.

#33 Nov 2, 2012
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Well, that's just par for the course, when we have most media outlets in the tank for the current administration. People are carefully being forcefed just enough, yet they are still being kept out of the loop. I daresay if we were given the truth about everything important to us, this country would implode. Sadly, as a people, we are are becoming a bunch of amoral, avarcious, egotistical boobs. I am so weary of the "me, myself and I" agenda, and long for the we...as in we the people. We all need to dig in and make do with less if need be. I am sick of the lies and half truths.
Yes, we can do without liberals, freeloaders, drugheads, hollyrock, a Mexican invasion, dish and direct tv, i-phones, survivor, the New York Times, Illinois, Joe Bite-me, and Obama. I could go on.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#34 Nov 2, 2012
Nancy Lou wrote:
In other words, it has everything to do with a natural cycle of Mother Nature and nothing to do with global warming.
Nothing? How do you know? Have you ever considered tghe overwhelmimg evidence that man's activities have added to global warming? The issue isn't whether global warming exists. The issue isn't whether natural weather cycles exist. The evidence is that natural weather cycles play a role in natural catastrophies. Certainly, global warming (natural AND manmade) plays a role in weather cycles. The question is what effect does manmade global warming play and what, if anything, can be done to mitigate the resulting damage, injury, and loss of life. Only after that is determined should politics enter into the equation. When a better understanding of global warming is gained it does become a legitimate political issue about whether certain mitigating steps will work and at what cost. However, while foolish people try to deny the science, sensible solutions are being delayed or prevented.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#35 Nov 2, 2012
Jack from Bedias wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, we can do without liberals, freeloaders, drugheads, hollyrock, a Mexican invasion, dish and direct tv, i-phones, survivor, the New York Times, Illinois, Joe Bite-me, and Obama. I could go on.
Yes, I'm sure the list of things you hate about America is very long. My question to you is: Why do you live here if you hate it so much?
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#36 Nov 2, 2012
Tommy V wrote:
<quoted text>
In fairness, In the pathetic deficet ridden nightmare States like NY and CA, the Public Employee Unions OWN the Democratic Party which means no one else has any representation. Every thing must be given to the union members at the direct expense of everything and every one in the Blue States.
Most say it is because Blue States are filled with ignorant chumps who don't care about their children's futures. Blue Staters believe their children only deserve a hopeless future as tax slaves to the never ending demands of Big Brother/Big Union.
Isn't it strange how the red States never cared about children's futures while the Reagan and Bush Adminstrations were racking up record deficits that comprise a huge percentage of the national debt? Borrowing from our children was a good thing to pay for wars (justified or not) and tax breaks for the wealthy. However, when the country borrows to avoid a depression, save and create jobs, build the country's infrastructure, and invest in education and alternate energies to reduce America's dependency on oil, then we are doing something horrible to our children.

Is that the Republican philosophy? It's good to turn our children into tax slaves IF the rich are getting richer and we are starting wars whenever an Adminstration falsely claims a country has weapons of mass destruction? Good luck convincing the country that we need that philosophy.

MY MONEY, come take it.

#37 Nov 2, 2012
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I'm sure the list of things you hate about America is very long. My question to you is: Why do you live here if you hate it so much?
Sorry, I wont expend the energy to hate. I dont care. Your "hate thing" is more "deflection with communistic intent".

Since: Dec 07

Kemp, TX

#40 Nov 2, 2012
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Ford did receive $5.9 billion in government loans ( from the Dept. of Energy) in 2009 to retool its manufacturing plants to produce more fuel-efficient cars, and the company lobbied for and benefited from the cash-for-clunkers program — contrary to the ad’s testimonial that Ford is “standing on their own."
http://factcheck.org/2011/09/ford-motor-co-do...
I don't think they have paid back anything to date.
False.

Although Ford has asked the U.S. Government for access to a line of credit for $9billion, they have not received any loans nor has the government acted on Ford's requests to date. Ford's management team continues to restructure and tighten its belt to survive the recession the country is in. Ford Motor has borrowed heavily in the past 2 years and has managed to leverage these loans with solid assets within the company.

http://voices.yahoo.com/ford-motor-company-th...

fact check doesn't always get the "facts" straight. They are often paid to come with false "facts!"

Kemp, TX

#41 Nov 2, 2012
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it strange how the red States never cared about children's futures while the Reagan and Bush Adminstrations were racking up record deficits that comprise a huge percentage of the national debt? Borrowing from our children was a good thing to pay for wars (justified or not) and tax breaks for the wealthy. However, when the country borrows to avoid a depression, save and create jobs, build the country's infrastructure, and invest in education and alternate energies to reduce America's dependency on oil, then we are doing something horrible to our children.
Is that the Republican philosophy? It's good to turn our children into tax slaves IF the rich are getting richer and we are starting wars whenever an Adminstration falsely claims a country has weapons of mass destruction? Good luck convincing the country that we need that philosophy.
"Is that the Republican philosophy? It's good to turn our children into tax slaves"..........

What an asinine statement! Who the hell want's uber taxes and then spending it as they please? The democrat party, that's who. Tax slaves indeed! MOST of the tax dollars come from corporations, and busting them for many more will cause them to piss off to lower tax countries. You see it going on right here as companies are leaving Calfiornia for Texas. Do you lefties EVER pay attention?

There are far more mega rich democrats than republicans. Google it. They've made their fortunes on government contracts, y'know off the taxpayer backs.

Start with the Kerry's, Pelosi's, Murtha's son (defense contracts) and we'll talk.
Tommy V

AOL

#42 Nov 2, 2012
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe we don't measure up to previous generations of Americans. If the majority Vote for Obama over Romney it will prove that we are nothing more than a hyphenated bunch of losers.
Ex- El Paso Resident

Las Cruces, NM

#43 Nov 2, 2012
Nancy Lou wrote:
Bloomberg is pandering.
Everyone from former Vice President Al Gore to Gov. Cuomo has chimed in to blame climate change for Sandy. But calling a single, rogue superstorm “the new norm” is misleading, if not downright naïve.
Extreme weather events have plagued mankind for all of recorded history. We have records of massive hurricanes striking what’s now New York as far back as the mid-13th century. The New England Hurricane of 1938 killed more than 700 people — 60 in New York alone. Hurricane Edna, in 1954, killed 29 and caused massive damage. Catastrophic hurricanes also hit in 1821 and 1894.
Yes, Sandy was the second tropical storm to impact New York in as many years, after Irene last August. But these storms don’t even start to compare with the frequency of tropical storms that threatened New York in the mid-1950s.
In 1955, two hurricanes — Connie and Diane — struck in the same month, causing significant flooding in the city. And the frequency of tropical storms to make landfall at or near NYC in the 2000s wasn’t as great as in the 1990s. New norm?
In New England, category five hurricanes — top of the line on the Saffir-Simpson scale — struck in 1938 (New England Hurricane) and 1960 (Donna). Category four storms struck in 1944 (Great Atlantic Hurricane), 1961 (Esther), 1985 (Gloria) and 1999 (Floyd). Category three storms struck in 1954 (Carol and Edna), 1955 (Diane), 1966 (Alma), 1976 (Belle), 1991 (Bob) and 1996 (Bertha).
On average, a major hurricane made landfall in New England every 3.5 years from 1938 to 1966. Since 1966, it’s been just every 9.2 years — with none since 1999. New norm?
That list spells out what Williams and Cantore conveniently ignored: Tropical storms were more frequent in the 1950s than at any previous point in the 20th century or at any point since. In fact, 10 major hurricanes struck the East Coast between North Carolina and New England from 1954 to 1960.
As hurricane expert Judith Curry of Georgia Tech points out on her Web site, and as meteorologist Joe Bastardi echoed in a Fox News interview, ocean temperatures in the Northern Hemisphere are now in the same cycle as in the 1950s.
The Atlantic is going through its warm cycle while the Pacific is going through its cold cycle — a perfectly normal pattern in the oceans’ ebb and flow between warm and cool anomalies. The El Nino Southern Oscillation, a measure of warming and cooling in the tropical Pacific known as El Nino and La Nina, also matches the pattern in the ’50s.
As evidenced by the 1950s, this pattern tends to steer large tropical storms toward the eastern seaboard.
In other words, it has everything to do with a natural cycle of Mother Nature and nothing to do with global warming.
Seven years ago, we were told that Katrina’s devastatation of New Orleans was just the beginning. But Mother Nature didn’t play along; the Atlantic Basin experienced unusually quiet hurricane seasons for the better part of a decade.
Simple explaination:

Storms have been hitting the coast of Norther America for thousands of years. Both big and small storms.

Reason damage, injury and death are higher now.

Many more people and buildings in New York and along the coast lines of the USA that in 1855, 1926, 1950, 1972, you get the idea.

With almost 85% of the US polulation living on one coast, the other or near the great lakes the damage sould not be a susprise to anyone. Millions and millions of people and millions and millions of buildings right next to the ocean and major lakes that get exterm weather effects. What could possibly go wrong?

Bloomberg and Gore need to use the bump on their shoulders other than to let S**T spew out the hole below their nose.

Sounds like Bloomberg is more interested in having the marathon on time than global warming or doing other trival things like helping the citizens of NY.

You may want to remember that at the next election for mayor of NY.
Cujo

Leask, Canada

#44 Nov 2, 2012
President Obuma wrote:
Really?
Obama saved the auto industry by replacing workers with cheap labor which explains why so many cars get recalled
Took credit for what the troops have been doing all along including killing Osama
Stocks have gone down
If we have over five million jobs, why are so many on food stamps
Racist republicans?? We we him out cause he's useless not because he's black
The death threats are most likely from unemployed workers who are losing their homes
The only thing he's focused on is his next vacation
The unemployment has gone from 8% to nearly ten
just to name a few
Did Bush keep the country safe for his 8 years? If you answer yes, then Obama got Bin Laden.

People are on food stamps, because trickle down Reaganomics does not work and 80% of new wealth distribution goes to the top 1%.

President Reagan spent 112 days on vacation during his first 31 months in office.

President Clinton spent 28 days on vacation during his first 31 months in office.

President G.W. Bush spent 180 days on his Crawford Ranch and at Camp David during his first 31 months in office.

President Obama had spent 61 days during his first 31 months in office.

Facts, I know, they suck when they're not on your side, huh.

Kemp, TX

#47 Nov 2, 2012
Cujo wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Bush keep the country safe for his 8 years? If you answer yes, then Obama got Bin Laden.
People are on food stamps, because trickle down Reaganomics does not work and 80% of new wealth distribution goes to the top 1%.
President Reagan spent 112 days on vacation during his first 31 months in office.
President Clinton spent 28 days on vacation during his first 31 months in office.
President G.W. Bush spent 180 days on his Crawford Ranch and at Camp David during his first 31 months in office.
President Obama had spent 61 days during his first 31 months in office.
Facts, I know, they suck when they're not on your side, huh.
Bush put in the policies AFTER 9/11 that keeps the country safe. Used right now by Oblumber. He extended the Patriot Act Twice...which obama campaigned against. Obama kept Gitmo...which he campaigned against.

Examples of Mr. Obama, now in his fourth year as president, adopting Bush-era measures:

Special operations forces. One of the first steps taken by President Bush after Sept. 11 was to revive, fund and expand special operations forces as the dog that would hunt down and kill terrorists.
President Bush also made U.S. Special Operations a war-independent command, just like U.S. Central Command, meaning it could plan and execute its own battle plans.
The U.S. Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC), the Army's Delta Force and Navy’s SEAL Team 6 mostly had focused on hostage rescue. After Sept. 11, they started receiving the manpower and intelligence to become manhunters. Their biggest successes: Saddam Hussein; al Qaeda’s top Iraq terrorist, Abu Musab Zarqawi; and Osama bin Laden.

Bush's "vacation" days have been proven a false bullshit propaganda claim by the far left fringe that has become the once great democrat party of JFK.

Cliinton rode the wave of Reaganomics. Google it, bozo. Also Google Belgium and Reaganomics. They're using it now.

Someone needs to stick you with a needle, you're full of obama hype.

Location hidden

#49 Nov 2, 2012
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
False.
Although Ford has asked the U.S. Government for access to a line of credit for $9billion, they have not received any loans nor has the government acted on Ford's requests to date. Ford's management team continues to restructure and tighten its belt to survive the recession the country is in. Ford Motor has borrowed heavily in the past 2 years and has managed to leverage these loans with solid assets within the company.
http://voices.yahoo.com/ford-motor-company-th...
fact check doesn't always get the "facts" straight. They are often paid to come with false "facts!"
LOL sure, right, only when it fits your argument, right??? It's all over the place, and you might as well accept it.

Spring, TX

#50 Nov 2, 2012
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>LOL sure, right, only when it fits your argument, right??? It's all over the place, and you might as well accept it.
You may as well accept the fact that oblummer has failed at everything he's attempted. Shovel ready, cash for clunkers, 17 bankrupt green energy projects off the backs of the taxpayers.

His ONLY success are with the Bush policies he kept in place. LMAO

You're so gullible.

Location hidden

#51 Nov 2, 2012
<quoted text>
You may as well accept the fact that oblummer has failed at everything he's attempted. Shovel ready, cash for clunkers, 17 bankrupt green energy projects off the backs of the taxpayers.
His ONLY success are with the Bush policies he kept in place. LMAO
You're so gullible.
Whoa, there nelly, I am NOT in the tank for BO, never was.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#52 Nov 2, 2012
Jack from Bedias wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, I wont expend the energy to hate. I dont care. Your "hate thing" is more "deflection with communistic intent".
Wow. In a mere 3 sentences you proved you are a hater, a liar, and a hypocrite. That's impressive! If you don't like this country bcause you believe it is communist, you are welcome to leave. Nobody is forcing you to stay.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#53 Nov 2, 2012
<quoted text>
"Is that the Republican philosophy? It's good to turn our children into tax slaves"..........
What an asinine statement! Who the hell want's uber taxes and then spending it as they please? The democrat party, that's who. Tax slaves indeed! MOST of the tax dollars come from corporations, and busting them for many more will cause them to piss off to lower tax countries. You see it going on right here as companies are leaving Calfiornia for Texas. Do you lefties EVER pay attention?
There are far more mega rich democrats than republicans. Google it. They've made their fortunes on government contracts, y'know off the taxpayer backs.
Start with the Kerry's, Pelosi's, Murtha's son (defense contracts) and we'll talk.
I never said all rich people are Republicans. However, it is Republican policy to borrow money and saddle our children with debt in order to pay for enormous tax breaks for the wealthy. It benefits wealthy Democrats as much as it benefits wealthy Republicans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 min Coffee Party 216,694
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min My New Alias RULES 1,395,080
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min In the 1800s 228,540
News Adios, Three Amigos: Obama heads to last summit... 9 min He Named Me Black... 6
News Poll: Should Hillary Clinton choose Cory Booker... 9 hr Go Blue Forever 4
News EDITORIAL: Immigration system is cruel Sun tomin cali 1
News Donald Trump accuses judge of having a conflict... Sun Chilli J 286
More from around the web