Vote for Romney - Vote for Satan

There are 10 comments on the Preemptive Karma story from May 11, 2007, titled Vote for Romney - Vote for Satan. In it, Preemptive Karma reports that:

“If you vote for Mitt Romney, you are voting for Satan!”

Here's an example of religious-based hate speech, in which the speaker does not, I guarantee you, think of what he is saying as hateful. via Preemptive Karma

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Preemptive Karma.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

“Can't we all just get along!”

Since: May 07

Anytown USA

#149 Jul 2, 2007
Whistleblower38 wrote:
As for my being grounded- watching abuse and brainwashing perpetuated in an unfettered manner in UT and in the Mormon "church" has certainly "grounded" me. I had no idea so many people would take part in an organization that is based on fallacy and turn a blind eye to its "brothers( saints, whatever)" that break the law and commit crimes such as sexual abuse, child abuse and polygamy.
Cult law #1 "Trust us"
Cult law #2 "It is say because we say it is so"
Cult law #3 "Outsiders cannot understand our enlightened superior brains"
I believe your anger and your issues are missplaced. You may want to consult a mental health professional. Your sort of violent communication indicates someone who is disturbed? You can find help to deal with your issues (they don't have to be Mormon to help you)

Regards,
~RK
Whistleblower38

AOL

#150 Jul 2, 2007
Thanks for the laugh, Rodney.

Say.. you post volumes on here - are you paid to sit here and reply all day?

I love how Mormons love to blame the victim- I say that I have watched Mormon officials ignore abuse, etc. and you say I have issues. Wow, can't be that anyone's outrage at the abuse going on is legitimate?

Keep drinking the Kool aid, Rodney!
It is actually quite amusing reading your defense after defense of your irrational faith. I think like most of the others here, I will eventually just get tired of typing to a brick wall and give up.
(See, unlike you and your "brothers", my soul does not depend on converting others or recruitment.)

But.. did you ever once respond as to the historical facts regarding your dear prophet Joseph Smith and his magical stone?
Did you ever explain how he got his theology out of a hat?
I guess I missed that defense.
Whistleblower38

AOL

#151 Jul 2, 2007
Oh, btw, my dear, well educated friend.
Hedonist- is the spelling. And I am absolutely not one of those. I believe in right and wrong.
Or is hedonist the new slang for "gentile" or outsider?
Whistleblower38

AOL

#152 Jul 2, 2007
Honk if anything looks familiar...

http://www.ehow.com/how_2053385_identify-reli...

Anytown USA

#153 Jul 3, 2007
Whistleblower38 wrote:
I love how Mormons love to blame the victim- I say that I have watched Mormon officials ignore abuse, etc. and you say I have issues. Wow, can't be that anyone's outrage at the abuse going on is legitimate?
It is actually quite amusing reading your defense after defense of your irrational faith. I think like most of the others here, I will eventually just get tired of typing to a brick wall and give up.
(See, unlike you and your "brothers", my soul does not depend on converting others or recruitment.)
But.. did you ever once respond as to the historical facts regarding your dear prophet Joseph Smith and his magical stone?
Well, it doesn't sound like I was too far of the mark. You seem to be very affected by some sort of "abuse"; affecting you directly or indirectly. Again, your anger may be misguided at an organization and not at the person responsible for the abuse.

Sorry for the misspelling on the word hedonist. Iím in a hurry sometimes and donít run a spell check (never been a great speller).

Anytown USA

#154 Jul 3, 2007
Whistleblower38 wrote:
Yup, the seer stone and hat are pretty peculiar. Along with a lot of other details about Joseph Smith and Brigham Young. I've read it all; nothing would surprise me.

You may not be able to read between the lines very well, but I've haven't taken many specific stands defending the peculiar details and/or activities of JS, etc.. One thing I do know; the church has evolved into something quite amazing. Do I (personally) believe they've got everything absolutely right? No. Do I believe that they do have A LOT right? Sure. Do I think they are a cult? This is a matter of semantics and perspective. I'm not forced or coerced to do anything. I'm free to think any way I choose. However, that doesn't mean I'm going to be argumentative during church meetings. That wouldn't be very productive. Just as it wouldn't be productive to argue with a minister after every sermon, or find fault with every detail of the Bible. This is counterproductive and does me and those around me a disservice. There is a time and place for everything.

Are there things about the church that bother me? Sure. However, if the church was a bad tree, it would put forth bad fruit. On the whole, the church is rather extraordinary. It has become a vehicle for good that's almost unprecedented. Something very good is afoot within the LDS church. Though it's beginnings may be a bit rocky (to say the least) by today's standards, it's origins are no more rocky than many other religious movements of it's time (or previous times).

I'm somewhat of a universalist. In that I do not believe that there are just a select few that get into heaven. In that, we are all born into unique situations, walk very different paths for different reasons/learning experiences. But ultimately, most are heading toward the same goal of spiritual progression.

Generally, you will find me debating more passionately in my critique of the "golden ticket" or exclusive ticket to heaven mentality. Why are there so many different belief systems in the world? As far as going to heaven, are some just more lucky than others?

Peace out

“Let us reason together.”

Since: Mar 08

Nampa, Idaho USA

#156 Apr 14, 2008
I thought myself the stone and hat thing was bad. That God could call a money-digger, or allow him to use a stone in translation used to bother me. But over time i did resolve my concerns. FAIR and its FAIR Wiki are better at answering the issues on this subject than i can. http://www.fairlds.org But i decided Joseph Smith was a man of good character inspite of what his critics were saying.

“I'm Joe Cool”

Since: Dec 07

Wasilla

#157 Apr 18, 2008
Yeah, but we could have 3 or 4 first ladies....
George Williams

AOL

#158 May 18, 2008
drunk LDS wrote:
At least ROMNEY will be wearing HOLLY
UNDERWEAR 7 days a week and every time someone farts he will be consulting with the prophet of the church.
Considering that Abraham Lincoln brought a medium into the White House, Richard Nixon started an executive department task force against terrorism based on what Rosemary Wood heard from Jeanne Dixon, and Ronald Reagan got astrological advice from Nancy's astrolger, having a president who consults with a member of a recognized religious group might be an improvement.

Most of the people I've known who made a big deal out of the Mormon sacred underpants looked, smelled, and acted as if they didn't even own underwear of any kind.
George Williams

Houston, TX

#159 Feb 3, 2013
Is anybody wondering about what kind of underwear Obama wears, or is there a more pressing issue associated with his administration?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min DEATH 1,223,374
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min Scrutiny 187,705
News John Kasich: WH run 'looks pretty good' 40 min Sterkfontein Swar... 2
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr IND 180,110
News Poll: Job approval for Congress at record low (Aug '11) 13 hr swedenforever 28
News Carter gets cold shoulder in Israel 17 hr Jeff Brightone 1
News Portman faces balancing act on trade as he seek... 18 hr goonsquad 3
More from around the web