Justices: Can't make employers cover contraception

Jun 30, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Bellingham Herald

The justices' 5-4 decision is the first time that the high court has ruled that profit-seeking businesses can hold religious views under federal law.

Comments
221 - 238 of 238 Comments Last updated Wednesday Jul 23
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
bob

Oakley, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2014

Judged:

Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, don't underestimate womwn - the repubs tried to win over tha vagina vote with the silly palin woman and that didn't work out too well.
did not work out too well for the dems and billary with the vagina vote now did it,as billary got beat by obama the gay.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2014

Judged:

Interesting fact about the Woman vote.
The biggest gap is NOT between men and women , but between married women and single women.
Romney in fact did slightly better among married women(53%) then he did among men over all(52%)
But Obama carried 65% of the vote of single women, many of whom recceive government help..http://www.city-journal. org/2012/eon1116kh.html
Bonsai

Carmel, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2014

Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, don't underestimate womwn - the repubs tried to win over tha vagina vote with the silly palin woman and that didn't work out too well.
Figures you see women as vagina votes.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2014

Judged:

Bonsai wrote:
<quoted text>Figures you see women as vagina votes.
figures you pretend to be a woman, le jimbo...

is that how you get 'dates'?
Bonsai

Carmel, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2014

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>figures you pretend to be a woman, le jimbo...
is that how you get 'dates'?
settle down, mandyke, I caught you in a couple lies and you think calling me another poster is going to change things? I'd be terribly embarrassed if I were you. Sometimes the best way to deal with it is admit it and move on. That's the classy thing to do. Then again, you wouldn't know about that.
Bonsai

Carmel, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2014

DaveinMass wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, do you have the wrong idea about the consequences to this ruling.
If you think this ruling will only affect company paid contraceptive health insurance, you have not been paying attention to what the religious right theocrats want to do to this country. Because of this ruling, the courts will now have to make rulings on religion as other companies seek to expand which 'deeply held religious belief' they can use in the future to stop provide health care, pay women less, not hire certain classes of people. The courts will have to decide which of those 'deeply held religious beliefs' will get the protection of law and more ominously which will not.
It's the liberals who wanted the courts to stay out of that business. You obviously want the courts to make the decisions which beliefs get to trump other people's rights.
Liberals need to stay out of OUR businesses. The govt. should not dictate to a company what kind of coverage they must provide. I hope every company uses the religion angle. Companies should not be forced into offering any kind of health care. Hopefully, that will be next.
More birth control

Palm Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2014

Bonsai wrote:
<quoted text> Liberals need to stay out of OUR businesses. The govt. should not dictate to a company what kind of coverage they must provide. I hope every company uses the religion angle. Companies should not be forced into offering any kind of health care. Hopefully, that will be next.
So, I guess you are rich as Croesus, and don't need any health care coverage. Good for you. I worked for decades to assure my health care on retirement. You'll have to pry that policy out of my cold dead hands.

Too bad we can't practice retroactive birth control on your mom to prevent you, oh cranky one.
Bonsai

Carmel, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2014

More birth control wrote:
<quoted text>So, I guess you are rich as Croesus, and don't need any health care coverage. Good for you. I worked for decades to assure my health care on retirement. You'll have to pry that policy out of my cold dead hands.
Too bad we can't practice retroactive birth control on your mom to prevent you, oh cranky one.
Sounds like you're the one who has issues of crankiness and perhaps some serious antisocial issues.

Oh and not to worry....you'll end up on Medicare when you retire which is a bankrupt and very shitty govt program that was shoved up taxpayers asses a few decades ago.

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2014

More birth control wrote:
<quoted text>So, I guess you are rich as Croesus, and don't need any health care coverage. Good for you. I worked for decades to assure my health care on retirement. You'll have to pry that policy out of my cold dead hands.
So you worked for decades to assure your health care on retirement. How does that happen? Ohhh... You work for the Government!

So, do you really think you'll need taxpayer-funded birth control during retirement? You refuse to take responsibility for your own actions even then? You expect to be dependent on others your entire life? You never want to stand on your own? What a waste.
Judge Thomas fat load

Palm Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2014

SirPrize wrote:
<quoted text>
So you worked for decades to assure your health care on retirement. How does that happen? Ohhh... You work for the Government!
So, do you really think you'll need taxpayer-funded birth control during retirement? You refuse to take responsibility for your own actions even then? You expect to be dependent on others your entire life? You never want to stand on your own? What a waste.
Yep, I worked in education for nearly 30 years and earned every CENT of my health insurance. I had to deal with your brats day in and day out. Most were OK, but I am sure yours are angry little butts whom all the other kids loath, as did the teachers.
independent common sense

Coffeyville, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jul 21

Judge Thomas fat load wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, I worked in education for nearly 30 years and earned every CENT of my health insurance. I had to deal with your brats day in and day out. Most were OK, but I am sure yours are angry little butts whom all the other kids loath, as did the teachers.
What a joy you must have been to the children in your classes over the years! To "loath" a child, especially an angry child, rather than show some compassion and maybe even some concern for why a child would be so angry. Perhaps there were many occasions over the years that you were given to show that "love of children", "desire to teach", desire to help children grow and learn", "concern and compassion" for the children that we would all hope those in the teaching profession have considering the time our children spend with them every day and influence they have on our children's life. But not you, no not you. When a child that displays anger or hostility comes into your classroom they can expect to be "loathed" by you, the "adult" in the room, instead of shown compassion and perhaps finally meet that adult in their life that shows interest in the well being and concern for their life and tries to find out why they are so angry and what is causing a child to already be holding onto to such aggression or angry at such a young age. After all, bullies are usually children that have some problems at home of some kind that they are just taking out on others. But you wouldn't know that would you? You were too busy during your 30 years of educating the future of our world "loathing" the children instead.
no humor in YOU

Palm Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jul 21

independent common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
What a joy you must have been to the children in your classes over the years! To "loath" a child, especially an angry child, rather than show some compassion and maybe even some concern for why a child would be so angry. Perhaps there were many occasions over the years that you were given to show that "love of children", "desire to teach", desire to help children grow and learn", "concern and compassion" for the children that we would all hope those in the teaching profession have considering the time our children spend with them every day and influence they have on our children's life. But not you, no not you. When a child that displays anger or hostility comes into your classroom they can expect to be "loathed" by you, the "adult" in the room, instead of shown compassion and perhaps finally meet that adult in their life that shows interest in the well being and concern for their life and tries to find out why they are so angry and what is causing a child to already be holding onto to such aggression or angry at such a young age. After all, bullies are usually children that have some problems at home of some kind that they are just taking out on others. But you wouldn't know that would you? You were too busy during your 30 years of educating the future of our world "loathing" the children instead.
Who said that I loathed kids? Check back. I never said it once, but you have "too" many "quotation" marks "in" your "post".
independent common sense

Coffeyville, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jul 22

no humor in YOU wrote:
<quoted text>Who said that I loathed kids? Check back. I never said it once, but you have "too" many "quotation" marks "in" your "post".
You may want to read your own post again and see what it suggest to the reader. And when I read a rule on quotation limits when repeating what someone else said in the conversation I will be sure to try to limit myself. Until then I would say it is nothing more than a diversion from you admitting to being an educator that "loathes" children.
Bonsai

Carmel, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jul 22

no humor in YOU wrote:
<quoted text>Who said that I loathed kids? Check back. I never said it once, but you have "too" many "quotation" marks "in" your "post".
Go back and read your post for comprehension, Teach.
Bonsai

Carmel, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jul 22

<quoted text>
You may want to read your own post again and see what it suggest to the reader. And when I read a rule on quotation limits when repeating what someone else said in the conversation I will be sure to try to limit myself. Until then I would say it is nothing more than a diversion from you admitting to being an educator that "loathes" children.
part of the problem in education is the fact teachers actually do loathe children but they go through the motions for that beefy govt check.

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jul 22

<quoted text>
Thank you and Bonsai for replying to this self-important troll, who I suspect is also a child molester.
I never deal with that sort.
No libel please

Palm Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jul 23

SirPrize wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you and Bonsai for replying to this self-important troll, who I suspect is also a child molester.
Nope, not either. First you say I loathe children, then you say I am molester? Uh, which one are you accusing me of? Keep tossing that mud at me, sorry, but I am coated in Teflon and none of your fantasies will stick to me.

I am as unimportant as they can be, and certainly NO child molester. If they're UNDER 45, I send 'em back to mature a bit. I don't get why anyone would find a child sexually attractive. I am guessing it is from some terrible events in that person's life, that does not excuse it, but horrible things happen.

Why do you guys always go THAT route in your "insults" on Topix? Can't you think of anything else in your crabby posts? I've never accused any of you tight asses of that horrid crime. Why do you think that is appropriate in your posts? Instead of giving you cred or gravitas, it makes you look hysterical and petty.
No libel please

Palm Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jul 23

SirPrize wrote:
<quoted text>

Except you cannot stop dealing with me in your prissy self righteous replies.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••