The Democratic Partya s uphill battle...

The Democratic Partya s uphill battle to 270 electoral votes in 2016

There are 132 comments on the The Washington Post story from Jan 18, 2014, titled The Democratic Partya s uphill battle to 270 electoral votes in 2016. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

My Post colleague Dan Balz has some very interesting reporting from Democratic and Republican strategists.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Since: Oct 08

Decatur, GA

#1 Jan 19, 2014
Not to worry, they start with that famous 47%, so that means they only gotta get 4 more percent. That's easy, blacks, gays, lebsians, homos, ponytailed ex hippies, college professors, teachers, union workers, govt workers, tree huggers, kook koast libs, women with war is not the answer bumper stickers, kids too young to remember carter, greenies, warmers, illegals abortionists, capital punishment opponents, vegetarians, vagatarians, queers, gap lappers, pickle smoochers, they can't lose....it don't even matter if its Hillary or Joe B or for that matter, Michelle or Oprah.
Cat74

Bolingbrook, IL

#2 Jan 19, 2014
I think it will be harder to get that 47% next time, because the President didn't give them enough. Even if he tells them it is the ?Republicans standing in his way, they won't be motivated to go vote for Uncle Joe. I don't thin Hillary can pull it off. She was much better liked in 2008, and she was not nominated. The Gimee, gimmee, gimmee people will be looking for someone they think can be elected giving Democrats that elusive third term. I am probably wrong, because I don't want another "first."
Your Ex

Steamboat Springs, CO

#3 Jan 19, 2014
inbred Genius wrote:
Not to worry, they start with that famous 47%, so that means they only gotta get 4 more percent. That's easy, blacks, gays, lebsians, homos, ponytailed ex hippies, college professors, teachers, union workers, govt workers, tree huggers, kook koast libs, women with war is not the answer bumper stickers, kids too young to remember carter, greenies, warmers, illegals abortionists, capital punishment opponents, vegetarians, vagatarians, queers, gap lappers, pickle smoochers, they can't lose....it don't even matter if its Hillary or Joe B or for that matter, Michelle or Oprah.
You could have just said "Americans" and saved a lot of typing....

“I laugh at Robo Posters”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#4 Jan 19, 2014
Cher: Obama Let Us Down

Liberal self ascribed feminist Cher tweeted Thursday that she has lost trust in the government.

Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#5 Jan 19, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
Liberal self ascribed feminist Cher tweeted Thursday that she has lost trust in the government.
She's right, Obama turned out to be a republican.

I would still vote for him again, if possible over ANY teabagger.

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

#6 Jan 19, 2014
inbred Genius wrote:
Thanks for the list of real Americans.

“I laugh at Robo Posters”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#7 Jan 19, 2014
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
She's right, Obama turned out to be a republican.
I would still vote for him again, if possible over ANY teabagger.
County signs up prison inmates for Obamacare...Well after all, they are his base.

REPORT: 41k Canadians flee country over healthcare system...

White House reportedly delays ObamaCare equal coverage provision(another illegal move)

Published January 19, 2014
FoxNews.com
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#8 Jan 19, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>County signs up prison inmates for Obamacare...Well after all, they are his base.
White House reportedly delays ObamaCare equal coverage provision(another illegal move)
FoxNews.com
FoxNews.com

Of course.

Where opinion IS "news".
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#9 Jan 19, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>County signs up prison inmates for Obamacare...Well after all, they are his base.
FoxNews.com
Big deal.

Guess who pays for that?

Darn, the same people who did before, the taxpayer.

Teabaggers like yourself keep bring that up like it means something.

Obamacare or ANY teabagger proposal does NOTHING to bring down the cost of medical care.

Teabaggers whine all the time about taxes, yet remain silent on the rising cost of medical care.

They hate taxes but applaud medical industry profit.
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#10 Jan 19, 2014
WDRussell wrote:
<quoted text>
If that what was the locomotive when this nation was building no matter what its flaws, we'd be a semi educated nearly impoverished diverse haiti. A balkanized nation with every male carrying a gun for survival and principles. Oh we are heading there. To all other Americans not real...don't be a sucka, be a ph uka...cause thats what you are getting right now.

Decatur, GA

#11 Jan 19, 2014
Your Ex wrote:
<quoted text>
You could have just said "Americans" and saved a lot of typing....
or gone the other way and just said taxpayers. now that the non taxpayers outnumber and outvote the tax payer,bad things are gonna happen fast...already have

Decatur, GA

#12 Jan 19, 2014
WDRussell wrote:
<quoted text>
which of those categories captured you? and another guy from ohio, whats with ohio and minn, they seem to have the most weirdos on topix. course, they are both represented by such brilliant minds as dennis koo koo nich and al frankenpuff, so that somewhat splains it.

Decatur, GA

#13 Jan 19, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
I think it will be harder to get that 47% next time, because the President didn't give them enough. Even if he tells them it is the ?Republicans standing in his way, they won't be motivated to go vote for Uncle Joe. I don't thin Hillary can pull it off. She was much better liked in 2008, and she was not nominated. The Gimee, gimmee, gimmee people will be looking for someone they think can be elected giving Democrats that elusive third term. I am probably wrong, because I don't want another "first."
your opinion of that 47% is higher than mine. My prediction is, they will vote for the Dem, no matter what color or sex he or she ends up being. If Hillary runs, and chooses either Michelle or Oprah as her running mate, you can make your flight reservations to some other country, as the white, republican, taxpayer will be like the dinosaur....once feared and respected, but relegated to 3rd class citizens by the folks mentioned in my earlier post. At least for a few years, until the Mexicans take over.2190
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#14 Jan 19, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
I am probably wrong, because I don't want another "first."
Who will be the tbagrepube to use the 47 percenter commment in 2016? It worked right for Romney!
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#15 Jan 19, 2014
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
If Hillary runs, and chooses either Michelle or Oprah as her running mate0
Your fantasy life is laughable!

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#16 Jan 19, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
FoxNews.com
Dumbo you dingus - there's a big difference between "reportedly" and an actual release from the White House saying this, but how would you know?

As to your other BS claim regarding prisoners and Obamacare, nothing even popped up on your Foxnews.com website - where you getting this pipedream from moron?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#17 Jan 19, 2014
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
or gone the other way and just said taxpayers. now that the non taxpayers outnumber and outvote the tax payer,
There are very few nontaxpayers and most of the nontaxpayers are very wealthy.

Buy gas much?
Billy Ringo

Forest Hills, NY

#18 Jan 19, 2014
The title of this thread is azz backwards.

It's the Rethugs that have an uphill battle to reach 270 - not the Dems.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#19 Jan 19, 2014
inbred Genius wrote:
A great portrait of the American scene!

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#20 Jan 19, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
Most Democrats do not Cher her view. But your desperation is noted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 196,962
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr IND 193,609
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 hr shinningelectr0n 1,275,358
News Carol Shea-Porter Files to Run Again in New Ham... Aug 26 zenduane 1
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) Aug 26 IB DaMann 34,463
News Ted Cruz: If the government shuts down over my ... Aug 26 By a vote 1
News Debbie Wasserman Schultz declares 'anchor babie... Aug 25 Andrew 29
More from around the web