State of the Union to focus on jobs, ...

State of the Union to focus on jobs, wages and the economy

There are 26 comments on the News 4 Jax story from Feb 10, 2013, titled State of the Union to focus on jobs, wages and the economy. In it, News 4 Jax reports that:

When President Barack Obama delivers the first State of the Union address of his second term Tuesday, he'll return to the topic that's proven to be the most lasting dilemma of his presidency: jobs and the economy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News 4 Jax.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Obamas Focus

San Marino, CA

#22 Feb 12, 2013
TV Heads R Us wrote:
<quoted text>
The second ammendmant staying in place requires it is not tampered with on a national level. Otherwise it's not the second ammendmant anymore.
I gaurentee you Obama will focus on gun control. Just watch...
If the guns are taken we will get a Hitler at America's helm or at the very best be turned into Mexico where bankers use this place to run drugs with no regard for human life.
Gun control, climate change, legalize the illegals, gay rights, revenue generation -aka taxes, Obamacare,-oh and how the economy will do better this time around.

Thank you usurper in charge...

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#23 Feb 13, 2013
I found it amazing that Obama touted this country as being the wealthiest nation in the world, when in reality we are ranked #7.
serfs up

Melbourne, FL

#24 Feb 13, 2013
Be compassionate, but understand that if you worked and saved a bit and paid down debts you have been had if middle class and not part of the privelidged agenda. Anyone getting paid by government or monopolies or government contracts, etc. are privelidged at this point even if middle class as services or facilities will be eliminated before employees in a general sense as revenues diminish in real terms. Of course the taxpayer is used as a bank and the banks the taxpayer uses has no interest bearing accounts for savings for five years now. The same have had very little pay raises compared to real inflation and increasing taxes. The economy will still decline for decades. and the suffering will expand as more people will go from struggling middle class to working poor to poor and finally destitution. Great swaths of American urban territory will not be safe to traverse as this end result comes to finality. You dance with the devil and you get burnt.

Since: Jan 13

Monroe Township, NJ

#25 Feb 13, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
I found it amazing that Obama touted this country as being the wealthiest nation in the world, when in reality we are ranked #7.
You often hear all the politicians say "the greatest nation on earth" so I'm not surprised about that at all.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#26 Feb 13, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
You often hear all the politicians say "the greatest nation on earth" so I'm not surprised about that at all.
I will take greatest, with no question, but certainly not the wealthiest!
Mayela

Atlanta, GA

#27 Feb 13, 2013
TV Heads R Us wrote:
<quoted text>
Quick sheeple -America's Got Talent is on! Your television awaites as usual...=)
Among white males ages 30 to 49 who do have blue-collar or low-level service jobs, fewer work full time. The percentage of them who worked less than than 40 hours a week increased from 10 percent in 1960 to 20 percent in 2008, rising in good and bad economic times alike.

Time-use surveys have further documented shifting behavior among unemployed men. In the early 2000s, compared with 1985, such men spent less time on job searches, education and training, household work, or civic and religious activities — and more time watching TV and sleeping.
http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012-02-10...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min RoxLo 1,497,360
News Trump supporters cheer his combative stance wit... 8 min RoxLo 405
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 19 min Trump your President 5,910
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 22 min Zippohead 237,654
News CIA analyst resigns because of Trump's 'disturb... 59 min Retribution 56
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Julia 258,926
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 1 hr Rshermr 36,358
More from around the web