Why Race Mattered in Barack Obama's R...

Why Race Mattered in Barack Obama's Re-election: Editorial and Poem

There are 21 comments on the Examiner.com story from Nov 20, 2012, titled Why Race Mattered in Barack Obama's Re-election: Editorial and Poem. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

You can catch part 1 of this 2-part editorial by Aberjhani by clicking right here .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Vito the Vegetable Vendor

Harrisburg, PA

#2 Nov 20, 2012
fedupwiththemess wrote:
It mattered because romney sees black as being nothing so blacks who are nothing to romney voted for Obama.
Did Obama'a opponent see blacks as nothing when Obama won the first election?
hahaha

Voorhees, NJ

#4 Nov 20, 2012
yo everyone confuse me with white person they don't even consider me a colin powell.. even black people and even thoguh i don't even have straight hair lol!!
Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

#5 Nov 20, 2012
Walmart Workers will be striking Black Friday

Nurses plan National Strike
Dennys will cut all staffs hours from 40-30
to avoid costs of Obama Care etc..

Judge admits failed attempt to save 18,000
Jobs at Hotess Inc....

Next???

Four more years,we just got started said Obama!!!

Black unemployment at 15% Largely due to Educational
Issues,and Poverty,Lack of Parenting etc..But they
voted en masse for the Obama???? He who gives away
the most Bling wins!!
Yep I Said It

Detroit, MI

#6 Nov 21, 2012
Race didn't matter to me, because Obama is the same color as myself.

Notice how white racist loves us. All they do is worry about us.
asian men carries on

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Nov 21, 2012
Obama and Michelle are raising well mannered,smart and beautiful young ladies.
just four years ago,they were shy and now they seem to be self assured and confident. their smiles light up the room and their presence gives us a attention. they are growing up fast and by 2016,Malia will be in college and sasha will be in highschool. i am excited for the family and i voted for them because we need to move america forward. i honestly don't see why race has to be in everything,not everything needs to be looked at as color and if we didn't,we could live our lives freely.

it shakens me to think that 50 years ago and still today,racist people thought that black americans had no intelligence and were only good for the use of a white man. since when did color or how you looked decides your character? just shows you how wrong on so many levels racism is. no matter what the haters say,be yourself because when its time for you to die,your the one that has to die alone so live your life how you want it. sharing your criticism comments won't make him or break him-only motivate him and you know what's so cool? he has his own persona and a man steady grounded(especially a black man) with society on his back like the adversity,the monkey comparisons and the stereotypes,he is a man with integrity.
rhondaclark

Meridianville, AL

#8 Nov 22, 2012
fedupwiththemess wrote:
It mattered because romney sees black as being nothing so blacks who are nothing to romney voted for Obama.
.it.was.a.race.war.not.charact or.go.to.ANTICHRIST.jesus.said .odamas.name.in.hedrew.odama.i s.antichrist
Confused

Byron Center, MI

#9 Nov 24, 2012
I just do not understand how the majority of black people in this great country are spitting on and turning their backs on the political party that freed their ancestors!!!!! Do they even realize that they are doing this? Amendment 13 was passed to create freedom of slavery and for all to become equals. This was the start to womanís rights also. It blows my mind that so many blacks and woman now have turned their backs on the republicans. YesÖthe Republicans are responsible for passing Amendment 13. I am sure if Lincoln could come back he would be greatly disappointed in the respect that is given to this party and the THOUSAND of Americans that died fighting for this amendment and for ALL of our freedoms :(
Bubba

Louisville, KY

#18 Nov 26, 2012
Race had EVERYTHING to do with it. Obama's skin color is what got him elected in 2008, and it got him re-elected a few weeks ago.
Ratliff

Orlando, FL

#19 Nov 27, 2012
Bubba wrote:
Race had EVERYTHING to do with it. Obama's skin color is what got him elected in 2008, and it got him re-elected a few weeks ago.
Newsflash with real facts about really happened in the real world for all the delusional racist white men who think Obama was in a "desperate election" or that "welfare puerto ricans" won him Florida. The ONLY ethnic group where Romney lead was white men. "Republicans have won the white vote in every presidential election since 1964, and that continued Tuesday with Romney beating Obama by 20 points, 59 percent to 39 percent, according to exit polls. Obama won 80 percent of the minority vote, which, besides Latinos, included African Americans, 13 percent of turnout, the same as 2008, and Asian-Americans, who were 3 percent of the vote, up a point from the last election. President Barack Obama on Tuesday won a whopping 71% of the Latino vote, up from 67% in 2008. By contrast, John Kerry only managed to get about 53% of the Latino vote in 2004 when he lost in his bid to unseat President George W. Bush, according to publicly available exit polls. In Colorado, he captured three-quarters of Hispanic voters, up from 61 percent in 2008. He also improved his Hispanic performance in Florida, a result that included dominance of the heavily Puerto Rican swing precincts around Orlando and the election of a Cuban American Democrat to Congress, symbolizing the end of the GOPís decades-long lock on that community. In 2012, the share of the Latino vote rose to a record high 10%, a number thatís doubled in the past 16 years. President Obama won about 8.4 million Latino votes, using a rough calculation based on exit-poll data. Romney captured no more than 3.44 million votes. In Iowa and New Hampshire, states without big minority populations, Obama won by gaining the support of nearly six in 10 women. Obama won 71% of the Asian-American vote. From the exit polls, President Obamaís support from men slipped a few points from 49% four years ago, but women supported the president over Romney by 55% to 44%."
Bubba

Louisville, KY

#20 Nov 27, 2012
Ratliff wrote:
<quoted text>
Newsflash with real facts about really happened in the real world for all the delusional racist white men who think Obama was in a "desperate election" or that "welfare puerto ricans" won him Florida. The ONLY ethnic group where Romney lead was white men. "Republicans have won the white vote in every presidential election since 1964, and that continued Tuesday with Romney beating Obama by 20 points, 59 percent to 39 percent, according to exit polls. Obama won 80 percent of the minority vote, which, besides Latinos, included African Americans, 13 percent of turnout, the same as 2008, and Asian-Americans, who were 3 percent of the vote, up a point from the last election. President Barack Obama on Tuesday won a whopping 71% of the Latino vote, up from 67% in 2008. By contrast, John Kerry only managed to get about 53% of the Latino vote in 2004 when he lost in his bid to unseat President George W. Bush, according to publicly available exit polls. In Colorado, he captured three-quarters of Hispanic voters, up from 61 percent in 2008. He also improved his Hispanic performance in Florida, a result that included dominance of the heavily Puerto Rican swing precincts around Orlando and the election of a Cuban American Democrat to Congress, symbolizing the end of the GOPís decades-long lock on that community. In 2012, the share of the Latino vote rose to a record high 10%, a number thatís doubled in the past 16 years. President Obama won about 8.4 million Latino votes, using a rough calculation based on exit-poll data. Romney captured no more than 3.44 million votes. In Iowa and New Hampshire, states without big minority populations, Obama won by gaining the support of nearly six in 10 women. Obama won 71% of the Asian-American vote. From the exit polls, President Obamaís support from men slipped a few points from 49% four years ago, but women supported the president over Romney by 55% to 44%."
Another member of The Obama Fan Club speaks. Nice speech. But the fact remains Obama's skin color got him elected and re-elected.

“IM Loving in”

Since: Mar 11

Loveland Ohio

#21 Nov 27, 2012
Bubba wrote:
no it was because nobody wanted an old wrinkly rich,money stashing,crooked republican as president.
chimp

Maringouin, LA

#22 Nov 27, 2012
fedupwiththemess wrote:
my sis you are again full of shit!most blacks voted for obama because hes black and only worry about their social handouts!they have no concern about national debt and only want their handouts!it was an election on give me more?
chimp

Maringouin, LA

#23 Nov 27, 2012
fedupwiththemess wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, Mccain did.
all you saw was more bananas sister so stop lying!
chimp

Maringouin, LA

#24 Nov 27, 2012
fedupwiththemess wrote:
<quoted text>Followed by your name and your fathers name...both devils.
stop your ill will sis or the ghosts of devils may find you in va.they may discover youre an ape and not human?
chimp

Maringouin, LA

#25 Nov 27, 2012
asian men carries on wrote:
Obama and Michelle are raising well mannered,smart and beautiful young ladies.
just four years ago,they were shy and now they seem to be self assured and confident. their smiles light up the room and their presence gives us a attention. they are growing up fast and by 2016,Malia will be in college and sasha will be in highschool. i am excited for the family and i voted for them because we need to move america forward. i honestly don't see why race has to be in everything,not everything needs to be looked at as color and if we didn't,we could live our lives freely.
it shakens me to think that 50 years ago and still today,racist people thought that black americans had no intelligence and were only good for the use of a white man. since when did color or how you looked decides your character? just shows you how wrong on so many levels racism is. no matter what the haters say,be yourself because when its time for you to die,your the one that has to die alone so live your life how you want it. sharing your criticism comments won't make him or break him-only motivate him and you know what's so cool? he has his own persona and a man steady grounded(especially a black man) with society on his back like the adversity,the monkey comparisons and the stereotypes,he is a man with integrity.
history says asians learned to walk!you need to get back in your cage little ape and talk with my sis fedup!she and you can bull shit yourselves on odummy being your great ape?maybe somewhere youre related to jamie fox?
Bubba

Louisville, KY

#26 Nov 27, 2012
iamcuriousnow wrote:
<quoted text>
no it was because nobody wanted an old wrinkly rich,money stashing,crooked republican as president.
LOL! More than 90 percent of black voters supported Obama. Don't try to insult everyone's intelligence by saying race had nothing to do with it.
independent

Centerville, IN

#27 Nov 28, 2012
Black youth grow up today with a chip on their shoulder, they are bombarded at a young age that "whitey is out to get you", the media, the Sharptons and Jacksons keep pouring it on though out their formal years, now they have a half black president doing the same, they are still slaves and don't even know it.
Ratliff

Orlando, FL

#28 Nov 28, 2012
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>Another member of The Obama Fan Club speaks. Nice speech. But the fact remains Obama's skin color got him elected and re-elected.
GO

F

U

C

K

YOURSELF RACIST WHITE TRASH

A

S

S

H

O

L

E.

I'll go over this one more time for people like ME who still don't get it.

With the exception New Mexico, the ten poorest (HIGHEST WELFARE) states all voted for Romney. So much for out of touch Mitten's nitwit theory about losing due to "gifts from Obama."
1. Mississippi
2. West Virginia
3. Arkansas
4. Kentucky
5. Alabama
6. Tennessee
7. Louisiana
8. New Mexico (Blue)
9. South Carolina
10. Oklahoma

Not only was Obama strong in states with the highest percentage of college graduates, he was also strong in states with the highest average household incomes. For example, the five states with the HIGHEST average household incomes (which, not coincidentally, were also among the states with the highest percentage of college graduates).
Maryland $67,469
New Hampshire $67,287
Connecticut $67,165
New Jersey $65,072
Massachusetts $62,809
Virginia $62,776

The dumber the state the more likely they are a red state. On the other hand, Obama won Florida which has only 23% college graduates.
"According to a state-by-state breakdown by the Census Bureau, here are the top 15 states with the best college completion rates as of 2010. All of them have at least 43 percent of its young residents holding a college degree, but only two states have over 50 percent. D.C., which was included in the study, beat out all of the states with an impressive 68.8 percent.
Blue - Massachusetts 54.3% of the population
Red - North Dakota 50.8% of the population
Blue - Minnesota 49.8% of the population
Blue - New York 49.6% of the population 47.2% of the population
Blue - New Jersey 47.2% of the population
Blue - New Hampshire 46.0% of the population
Blue - Connecticut 45.9% of the population
Blue - Iowa 45.5% of the population
Blue - Maryland 45.5% of the population
Blue- llinois 45.3% of the population
Blue - Virginia 44.6% of the population
Blue - Vermont 44.5% of the population
Red - Nebraska 44.2% of the population
Blue - Pennsylvania 43.9% of the population"
So out of the fifteen states with the highest percentages of college graduates, twelve voted for Obama. And as for the nonsense some have proposed about liberalism being "cyclical", republicans have gotten the majority of the white vote in every presidential race since 1964.
Ratliff

Orlando, FL

#30 Nov 28, 2012
independent wrote:
Black youth grow up today with a chip on their shoulder, they are bombarded at a young age that "whitey is out to get you", the media, the Sharptons and Jacksons keep pouring it on though out their formal years, now they have a half black president doing the same, they are still slaves and don't even know it.
IF I HAD TO PUT UP WITH YOU USELESS WHITE TRASH RACIST
DICKS
I MIGHT HAVE A CHIP ON MY SHOULDER TOO.

I'll go over this one more time for people like ME who still don't get it.

With the exception New Mexico, the ten poorest (HIGHEST WELFARE) states all voted for Romney. So much for out of touch Mitten's nitwit theory about losing due to "gifts from Obama."
1. Mississippi
2. West Virginia
3. Arkansas
4. Kentucky
5. Alabama
6. Tennessee
7. Louisiana
8. New Mexico (Blue)
9. South Carolina
10. Oklahoma

Not only was Obama strong in states with the highest percentage of college graduates, he was also strong in states with the highest average household incomes. For example, the five states with the HIGHEST average household incomes (which, not coincidentally, were also among the states with the highest percentage of college graduates).
Maryland $67,469
New Hampshire $67,287
Connecticut $67,165
New Jersey $65,072
Massachusetts $62,809
Virginia $62,776

The dumber the state the more likely they are a red state. On the other hand, Obama won Florida which has only 23% college graduates.
"According to a state-by-state breakdown by the Census Bureau, here are the top 15 states with the best college completion rates as of 2010. All of them have at least 43 percent of its young residents holding a college degree, but only two states have over 50 percent. D.C., which was included in the study, beat out all of the states with an impressive 68.8 percent.
Blue - Massachusetts 54.3% of the population
Red - North Dakota 50.8% of the population
Blue - Minnesota 49.8% of the population
Blue - New York 49.6% of the population 47.2% of the population
Blue - New Jersey 47.2% of the population
Blue - New Hampshire 46.0% of the population
Blue - Connecticut 45.9% of the population
Blue - Iowa 45.5% of the population
Blue - Maryland 45.5% of the population
Blue- llinois 45.3% of the population
Blue - Virginia 44.6% of the population
Blue - Vermont 44.5% of the population
Red - Nebraska 44.2% of the population
Blue - Pennsylvania 43.9% of the population"
So out of the fifteen states with the highest percentages of college graduates, twelve voted for Obama. And as for the nonsense some have proposed about liberalism being "cyclical", republicans have gotten the majority of the white vote in every presidential race since 1964.
Bubba

Louisville, KY

#31 Nov 28, 2012
Ratliff wrote:
<quoted text>
GO
I'm proud to be white, you filthy African jungle monkey.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr CHARON 1,265,113
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Quirky 190,678
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru MD CEO CF... 194,837
News Obama's EPA Rules Could Elevate Climate Change ... 12 hr fatbacksx 8
News Trump says won't be - throwing punches' in US R... 14 hr Jeff Brightone 1
News Your morning jolt: Mormonism is more like Islam... (Oct '11) 23 hr Catholic24 81
News Majority wants Congress to reject Iran deal Mon Go Blue Forever 134
More from around the web