What the 2012 election taught us

Nov 6, 2012 Full story: The Washington Post 10,324

We've been scouring the data for clues as to what we should learn from what happened tonight as President Obama relatively easily claimed a second term.

Full Story
drinK the hivE

Anonymous Proxy

#9707 Mar 28, 2013
Is There An Indictment Coming?...

http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article145995...
RepublicanMoron

Woodstown, NJ

#9708 Mar 28, 2013
Why are all republicans slack jawed morons or greedy megalomaniacs
drinK the hivE

Anonymous Proxy

#9709 Mar 28, 2013
This Topix' BS Members Is Like The Movie Groundhog Day - The Same People - Over And Over Again...

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#9710 Mar 28, 2013
RepublicanMoron wrote:
Why are all republicans slack jawed morons or greedy megalomaniacs
Why are all Democrats suck-up leeches

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#9711 Mar 28, 2013
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Why are all Democrats suck-up leeches
Why do all tea baggers have male pubic hairs on their upper lips?

Location hidden

#9712 Mar 28, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
The Lone Star Jobs Surge
Gosh, Spoogebreath, is this job surge like that decrease in population in California you told us about three days ago? When the population went from 32 million to 38 million?

Still waiting for that proof of the Obama tax on saving banks.

You have some mecos on your chin, Jose.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#9713 Mar 28, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
The Lone Star Jobs Surge
Richard Fisher, the president of the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, dropped by our offices this week and relayed a remarkable fact: Some 37% of all net new American jobs since the recovery began were created in Texas. Mr. Fisher's study is a lesson in what works in economic policy—and it is worth pondering in the current 1.8% growth moment.
Using Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) data, Dallas Fed economists looked at state-by-state employment changes since June 2009, when the recession ended. Texas added 265,300 net jobs, out of the 722,200 nationwide, and by far outpaced every other state.
http://m.us.wsj.com/articles/a/SB100014240527...
Poor moron - won't fess up to the fact his state created all LOW WAGE or minimum wage jobs - too bad you don't put ALL the facts up - I'll help you out - AGAIN!

"Texas, however, still faces many challenges on the jobs front. Many of the positions that have been created are on the lower end of the pay scale. Some 550,000 workers last year were paid at or below the federal minimum wage of $7.25, more than double the number making those wages in 2008, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

That's 9.5% of Texas' hourly workforce, which gives it the highest percentage of minimum-wage hourly workers in the nation -- a dubious title it shares with Mississippi."

http://money.cnn.com/2011/08/12/news/economy/...

What else ya got you fcukin moron?

You must like being made a fool of.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#9714 Mar 29, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does Barefootin' It have her mind in the gutter all the time? Answer, because she has been on the dole for so many years, she thinks, it's a job...

Since: Nov 11

United States

#9715 Mar 29, 2013
Liberals want to force Christians to be tolerant to gays while those Liberals themselves do not tolerate Christians.

See? Liberals are brain dead hypocrites.
the rest of us

Saint Paul, MN

#9716 Mar 29, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're moving back to the bottom of the pile as the most vile leftist POS on all of topix. Your lover Professor Fartsack will be mad at you now. You told him he should be on the bottom.

United States

#9717 Mar 29, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>Free money for Democrats? nope. How about food for starving children, how about social security, repaying those who have paid in for decades and had everything stolen by the filthy republicans.

As far as your statistics go, how about we simply stop giving more to red states than they pay in, and stop taking from blue states more than they get back. The red states would crash and burn within one year of not having the government largess.

Texas creating 48% of all new jobs???? LOL, like anyone would believe that baloney. I don't care what the democrats say, the republicans lie.
When a Liberal pulls the "starving children in America" card, you know he is loosing the argument!

United States

#9718 Mar 29, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Why do all tea baggers have male pubic hairs on their upper lips?
Did you know that it is a fact all Democrat Liberal women look like men?

While Conservative women are attractive?

Want proof?
Patriot

Boulder, CO

#9719 Mar 29, 2013
They're rigged.

United States

#9720 Mar 29, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Gosh, Spoogebreath, is this job surge like that decrease in population in California you told us about three days ago? When the population went from 32 million to 38 million?

Still waiting for that proof of the Obama tax on saving banks.

You have some mecos on your chin, Jose.
I love it when you ask for proof that Obama will take 10% of yore savings! That's great!

It shows that you think that is wrong, unethical and theft.

Which are Conservative values!

Your insistence that Obama will never attempt to do that under a "fair distribution" plan shows that you have some Conservative values inside you and you naturally understand that taking other people's money is wrong!

I am turning you into a Conservative!

I am showing you how evil Liberalism is!

Now let me add a twist to my claim;

The 10% of savings Obama is after, is not from bank savings, yet, but from RETIREMENT savings, retirement accounts, 401K.

Which is WORST because that is your retirement nest!

United States

#9721 Mar 29, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>Poor moron - won't fess up to the fact his state created all LOW WAGE or minimum wage jobs - too bad you don't put ALL the facts up - I'll help you out - AGAIN!

"Texas, however, still faces many challenges on the jobs front. Many of the positions that have been created are on the lower end of the pay scale. Some 550,000 workers last year were paid at or below the federal minimum wage of $7.25, more than double the number making those wages in 2008, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

That's 9.5% of Texas' hourly workforce, which gives it the highest percentage of minimum-wage hourly workers in the nation -- a dubious title it shares with Mississippi."

http://money.cnn.com/2011/08/12/news/economy/...

What else ya got you fcukin moron?

You must like being made a fool of.
Not is fast, Liberal!

Just when you thought the impossible - that a Liberal is right, then reality strikes!

See? If you make $50,000 but loose $20,000 to state, county, school, sales, taxes, your REAL income is only $30,000.

Easy math: 50k - 20k = 30k

But in Texas when you make $50,000 and pay NO state taxes, NO city taxes, NO school taxes, NO sales taxes, NO ... Etc, etc, etc.

THEN you simply keep the WHOLE $50k

Easy math: 50k - 0k = 50k

See how it works?

I was offered a job in California for $95,000 year as a Java Software developer. I declined the offer because I KNEW that $95,000 in Ohio was more than $95,000 in California!

See? Liberals look at the salary number but totally ignore THE COST OF LIVING!!!

In my home country Puerto Rico, people make LESS THAT MINIMUM WAGES and live as rich people!

I have friends that make $21/hr and are super rich with that because the COST OF LIVING, is very low!

I have relative that make LESS than minimum wages and live COMFORTABLY.

See? People are not leaving Texas, as they do in California, on those low wages, WHY?

Because the COST OF LIVING my Liberal friend, the cost of living!

Just when you thought you won the argument!!!

Location hidden

#9722 Mar 29, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
Liberals want to force Christians
Still waiting, Jose, where is that proof of that ten percent confiscation of American saving accounts.

M/F C/S liar.

PS: Jesus the Christ was a liberal.

Location hidden

#9723 Mar 29, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Not is fast, Liberal!
Just when you thought the impossible - that a Liberal is right, then reality strikes!
See? If you make $50,000
You told us that 1,200 rounded off was 2,000 Jose.

Everyone here knows you are a m/f c/s liar, and even the numbers from your sources don't add up.

WHERE OH WHERE is that 10 percent confiscation of savings accounts, JOSE?

Location hidden

#9724 Mar 29, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
I was offered a job in California for $95,000 year
NONE believes you, Jose.

You are a m/f c/s liar.

Why not just tell us you were offered $500,000?

Your no-tax TEXAS is a lie, was a lie the first time you suggested it, and is a lie every time you repeat it.

YOU ARE A M/F C/S liar, Jose.

Texas has one of the highest sales tax and property tax, and it doesn't have an income tax because the rest of America supports it because the tax on oil revenue.

Location hidden

#9725 Mar 29, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
THEN you simply keep the WHOLE $50k
Did you buy anything in 2012, Jose?

Of course, we know better than to ask if you own any property...

Location hidden

#9726 Mar 29, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
But in Texas
PS: Texas combined tax ranking is 8.14% and is ranked 11th (1 is highest). California is 8.13% and is ranked 12th, a difference of 0.01 percent.

STILL WAITING: where is that confiscation of the savings accounts like you said?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min shinningelectr0n 1,193,573
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Sunshine 172,676
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Jacques Ottawa 185,186
Activist Terry Bean indicted for 'sexually abus... 7 min Melroy 4
Editorial: Pearce still throwing sand in gears ... 9 min unreal 1
Netanyahu speech exposes partisan and diplomati... 2 hr positronium 100
VP Biden to headline gay rights group's convention 3 hr Lawrence Wolf 30
More from around the web