What the 2012 election taught us

Nov 6, 2012 Read more: The Washington Post 10,324

We've been scouring the data for clues as to what we should learn from what happened tonight as President Obama relatively easily claimed a second term.

Read more

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#9018 Feb 27, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
You made the statement the government paid ExxonMobil and posted a left blog to prove it.
I posted a Forbes article that stated ExxonMobil was taxed at 35 percent.
Which has more credibility? Left wing blog, or Forbes?
You haven't given any legitimate source. Therefore, you haven't provided anything to refute. Blogs are bullshit... or don't you know that?
You've yet to refute the information. If it is so inaccurate, it should be simple to refute. the fact that you don't tends to indicate you have no data in support of your position.

Thanks, every time you respond without responding you weaken your credibility.

Don't like the source, disprove it. Declaring it to be "left" merely illustrates your own bias.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#9019 Feb 27, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Your sources are notorious for using words like "subsidies" when there are no subsidies. All you did was quote politicians.
Has a politician ever lied to you?
Now, there was another post here that actually identified some of the things that were called "subsidies".
Well, it turned out those "subsidies" were actually expenses due to operations. That's not a subsidy.
You might want to read that other post for an example of how to identify something other than quote a proven source of lies like the White House.
Funny meatball how 2 of the 3 links were not blogs, and you never come up with proof of your own to refute - just your opinions and conjecture.

Go FU - you're a simple, foolish poster.
Stoneman

Boise, ID

#9020 Feb 27, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
No facts, no figures.
I'll slow it down for you. You can't fundamentally support your argument. Feel free to prove me wrong.
Prove what? That gubbermint is corrupt? Politicians commit crimes? Do you need proof that the sun came up today?

Tell you what. At the turn of the 20th century, federal gubbermint spending was LESS THAN 5% of the GDP of the US. Now it's over 40%. Interestingly, the only time that there was a dip in the percentage was when we had a CONSERVATIVE Congress that had to shut down the gubbermint to force BJ Clinton to cut spending.

Since Princess Pelosi and Dickweed REid took over in 2006, spending has been out of control, more than ever.

Give me a good reason to expand gubbermint, given their track record.

I'll wait. Maybe even play the Jeopardy music.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#9021 Feb 27, 2013
Stoneman wrote:
Prove what? That gubbermint is corrupt? Politicians commit crimes? Do you need proof that the sun came up today?
Right now, you are merely proving that you aren't the brightest person on the thread.

Corporations are corrupt and often commit crimes, including bribing politicians in order to influence policy. My point, specifically had to do with corporate tax avoidance, and clueless individuals, such as your self, seem utterly ill-equipped to refute the link I have provided. Way to prove yourself ineffective. Now, run along and play, the adults are having a conversation.

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

#9022 Feb 27, 2013
new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>i'd leave CA also....that place will drop off into the ocean when the next MEGA QUAKE hits. run forest run.
You got a point!

Hopefully no one gets hurt!!!

It is a scientific fact that it is only a matter of time when that does happens!

But might happens after few thousand years, too!

But it WILL happen!!!

Westerville, OH

#9023 Feb 27, 2013
gaccat wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =0OyyhmKyYPMXX
Obama a pure Kenyan African like the rest of his Family,,
Obama lived in a shack and ate Ripen Marula Fruit and play with monkey's,

Lets face it Obama cant play BasketBall either that proves it,,hes Kenyan.
He worshipped a monkey god!!!

Westerville, OH

#9024 Feb 27, 2013
Stoneman wrote:
<quoted text>We'll set aside your mathematical impairment. You are a liberal, after all.

In response to your question: NO, corporations should not pay much income tax, if at all.

You lefties don't get it. Corporations aren't living, breathing entities. When you tax corporations at the SECOND HIGHEST RATE IN THE WORLD (second only to Japan, who has been in a recession since the 80's), the corporations simply put the cost into the price of their goods and services. Then everybody, including leftist morons, pay for it when they buy toilet paper and dental floss.

Which isn't that bad, come to think of it. In your leftist zeal to stick it to Evil Corporations you screwed yourself.

Just like with Obamacare, you wanted gubbermint and Evil Rich White Bald Guys to pay for your health care because you're too damned lazy or incompetent to do it yourself. I can't wait until your paycheck for driving a forklift goes down to pay for it.
Correct!

AND...

Corporations employ thousands of American workers who make good money to pay their bills and become successful!

They pay their houses, car, cellphones etc. that maintain and creates other jobs!!!

If corporations pay ZERO taxes, they would hire many more thousand people with great wages and benefits instead of giving money to lazy ghetto liberals like Lides!!!

Westerville, OH

#9025 Feb 27, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>Congratulations, for proving your own mathematical deficiencies.

What difference does the rate make if corporations don't pay them?

Not so bright, are you?

We could charge Exxon/Mobile a 20 billion % tax rate, but so long as they pay an effective rate of 0%, of course they actually received a tax refund last year despite paying no federal income tax.

Would you care to offer a defense of the no tax (plus refund), essential tax payer subsidy of one of the most profitable businesses in America, or do you have some sense of shame &/or intelligence.

The rate is irrelevant if the rate is not paid. Any idiot could understand that.
America is great financially because corporations end up paying little taxes!!!

Exactly! The less taxes the better!!!

Because then they can invest and hire more and more and those new thousand people will produce greater tax revenue!!!

Texas knows that secret!

Tax companies less and they will hire more workers that will pay taxes and everyone wins! That is why Texas needs no sales taxes, nor state taxes, etc. property taxes are enough!

Westerville, OH

#9026 Feb 27, 2013
Stoneman wrote:
<quoted text>Excellent point! General Electric paid zero tax in spite of billions in profit, just by having their CEO give Lord Obama a hummer and sit on his "jobs council" (excuse me while I barf). Dozens of solar and wind energy companies not only avoided taxes but fleeced taxpayers (not liberals) billions, simply by giving a portion to the DNC to get the Annointed One reelected.

Seems that the only way to avoid being taxed into oblivion is to 1) be large enough to get Obama's attention and 2) writing him a check.

So it seems that gubbermint is corrupt. Agreed! So what's the solution? You dimwitted libs want MORE gubbermint and MORE taxes. Brilliant!
Are you accusing Obama of hypocrisy?

What they do is fine as long as he is a Democrat. It is only an impeachable offense if it is a Republican.

Westerville, OH

#9027 Feb 27, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>Of course, they didn't fleece at nearly the levels of GE, Exxon/Mobile, Bank of America.

So your initial assertion regarding math, apparently was complete BS.

Apparently, a liberal can both, understand math, and your obfuscations. Care to have a real conversation, or are you not up to actually addressing issues?
Another Liberal fixated on math!!!

What is going here, a college math course?

Westerville, OH

#9028 Feb 27, 2013
Stoneman wrote:
<quoted text>I'll slow it down for you.

Gubbermint is corrupt. Gubbermint is inefficient. Gubbermint is not accountable for its failures and crimes, as evidenced by the number of politicians being reelected in spite of their repeated abuses.

So why do you lefties want more gubbermint? Why do you want them to run health care, provide your retirement, pay YEARS of unemployment? I know the answer, let's see if you'll admit it.

If I don't like an Evil Corporation, I don't have to buy their stuff. If they stop making a profit, they eventually go away. They can't come to my house and take my money.

If I don't like what the gubbermint is doing, TOO FREAKIN' BAD. You parasites vote for more taxes (on other people, like me), then have your goons go out and collect. And whatever they can't get by shaking down Evil Rich People, they simply print more.
Till the money runs out!!!! Then... Hello Greece!

Westerville, OH

#9029 Feb 27, 2013
Obama tells Homeland Security to release poor criminal illegals out into the American streets!!!

He orders Homeland Security to blame the "Bush signed" sequester as excuse!

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#9030 Feb 27, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Another Liberal fixated on math!!!
What is going here, a college math course?
Nope, just fixated on facts, none of which have been disproved. It appears that there are some here who suffer from a mental deficiency where they can't prove their case, and think casting aspersions at the sources cited by others actually constitutes an argument. I wouldn't call them conservative or liberal, I would merely call them not to bright.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#9031 Feb 28, 2013
lides wrote:
http://blogs.suntimes.com/swee t/2011/03/ten_giant_us_compani es_avoidin.html
#1 should cover your BS.
Feel free to actually finds some facts to support your BS.
Will the Exxon Mobil 2009 annual report do? It works for me.

Sales based taxes:$25,936,000,000.
Other taxes and duties:$34,819,000,000.
Income taxes:$15,199,000,000.
http://thomson.mobular.net/thomson/7/3095/422...

If not for the existence of BS, there would be no lides.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#9032 Feb 28, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears that there are some here who suffer from a mental deficiency
Just you, and in a big way!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#9033 Feb 28, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
You've yet to refute the information. If it is so inaccurate, it should be simple to refute. the fact that you don't tends to indicate you have no data in support of your position.
Thanks, every time you respond without responding you weaken your credibility.
Don't like the source, disprove it. Declaring it to be "left" merely illustrates your own bias.
You've yet to provide something other than a left wing blog to support your argument. I'm sure, with all the propaganda party line bullshit coming out of the White House about subsidies to oil companies, you can come up with a definition of these subsidies. How about using Obama as a source? He supposedly knows what's going on in government. Or, how about using Pelosi, or Reid, or any other Democrat in Congress that will actually write the bill to eliminate these "subsidies" that don't actually exist? How about using something from them as a source? Or, how about something from the Department of Energy? Or, how about something from the Department of Commerce?
Or, how about something from the actual source, you know, the people that actually count the money and cut the goddam check? What numbers does the Department of Treasury give?

The bottom line is, you don't have anything from any reputable source, you don't have anything.

So, we're back at what subsidies are you talking about? What does the Treasury Department say about the amount of checks the send to oil companies? Or, any source in government? How much money did the government pay Exxon, for example?
So far, you haven't answered this question.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#9034 Feb 28, 2013
We left off yesterday with the fact that the oil companies realize $0.07 profit for every gallon of gas sold, and the government takes $0.46 in taxes for every gallon of gas sold.

And, nobody has been able to identify any of the so-called "subsidies" to oil companies.

And, there is no cuts to government spending with the so-called "sequester". Government spending actually increases either way, with or without the so-called "sequester". The only point of discussion is whether to increase the debt by 7 trillion dollars over the next 10 years, or by 8.5 trillion dollars over the next 10 years.
This means there is no plan in existence to pay for government.

Additionally, because of the non-existent cuts in government spending, Obama has to release criminal illegal aliens back into the general population, while at the same time he has the money to buy drones to spy on the American people and buy a billion rounds of ammunition for the DHS, BATF and FBI.

So, what's wrong with our government?

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#9035 Feb 28, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Right now, you are merely proving that you aren't the brightest person on the thread.
Corporations are corrupt and often commit crimes, including bribing politicians in order to influence policy. My point, specifically had to do with corporate tax avoidance, and clueless individuals, such as your self, seem utterly ill-equipped to refute the link I have provided. Way to prove yourself ineffective. Now, run along and play, the adults are having a conversation.
Can you list the company's, the amounts paid and to who to?

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#9036 Feb 28, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
Obama tells Homeland Security to release poor criminal illegals out into the American streets!!!
He orders Homeland Security to blame the "Bush signed" sequester as excuse!
Obama gives GOP leaders a "meeting" -- for 7 minutes... Must have had a tee time.

Westerville, OH

#9037 Feb 28, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Obama gives GOP leaders a "meeting" -- for 7 minutes... Must have had a tee time.
LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 18 min John Galt 1,208,341
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr Sunshine 176,186
News Michigan's Snyder Signs Bill Raising Minimum Wage (May '14) 3 hr swedenforever 3
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 4 hr ritedownthemiddle 34,134
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr Jacques in Orleans 186,025
News Poll: Hillary Clinton still tops in 2016 6 hr xxxrayted 239
News Obama's 2nd term travails: A lame duck before h... (Jul '14) 8 hr Go Blue Forever 19
More from around the web