What the 2012 election taught us

There are 20 comments on the Nov 6, 2012, The Washington Post story titled What the 2012 election taught us. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

We've been scouring the data for clues as to what we should learn from what happened tonight as President Obama relatively easily claimed a second term.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Brooklyn, New York

#6814 Jan 18, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Deflection noted.

If you are for guns in every gang, push one for
Spanish, 2 for Ebonics.
Someone missed their medication time...

WOW.

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#6815 Jan 18, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone missed their medication time...
WOW.
Is that Obama's problem?

Treasury to lose $12 billion on GM...

“or Fox News”

Since: Jan 08

Vicksburg, MI

#6816 Jan 18, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Deflection noted.
If you are for guns in every gang, push one for
Spanish, 2 for Ebonics.
If you are for loading out like Rambo just to get the mail press 1 for redneck conservative.

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#6817 Jan 18, 2013
Hypnotic Phantom wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are for loading out like Rambo just to get the mail press 1 for redneck conservative.
I am sorry you don't like the second ammendment, but bet you sure do the 8th and 14th.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#6818 Jan 18, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>I am sorry you don't like the second ammendment, but bet you sure do the 8th and 14th.
HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH

(quote)
Le Jimbo
Since: Nov 08
84,105

#62
Jul 11, 2012

What do you call the second ammendment..........duh.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#6819 Jan 18, 2013
I know, Dumbo, lot's of people have sticky M keys...

HAHAHAAHAHAH!

“or Fox News”

Since: Jan 08

Vicksburg, MI

#6820 Jan 18, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>I am sorry you don't like the second ammendment, but bet you sure do the 8th and 14th.
I didn't say I didn't like the second amendment. I get that it gives you the right to bear arms, but common sense gives you the right to determine where that right should be enacted and where it should not be.

An interesting scenario for you to think about.

A man with a gun walks into a gun show, shoots his gun in the air and leaves. The gun owners and gun show vendors all draw their weapons and shoot the living hell out of each other.

Why because everybody has a gun, but nobody knows who shot so they shoot in the direction of the sound.

All it would take is one 'hero' to start a self inflicted massacre.

If you think it through, you know it is quite possible.

If you don't think it could happen I would suggest watching an episode of Rod Serling's Twilight Zone called "The Monsters Come Out On Maple Street."

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#6821 Jan 18, 2013
Hypnotic Phantom wrote:
A man with a gun walks into a gun show, shoots his gun in the air and leaves. The gun owners and gun show vendors all draw their weapons and shoot the living hell out of each other.
I'm thinking a few well-placed pyrotechnics... someone to shout "he's over there in the cowboy hat!"

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Brooklyn, New York

#6822 Jan 19, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Is that Obama's problem?

Treasury to lose $12 billion on GM...
Ink please.
Stoneman

Boise, ID

#6823 Jan 19, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
Ink please.
Oooooh! Oooooh! Let me take this one!

http://news.investors.com/politics-andrew-mal...

You pathetic, parasitic leftist dumba$$e$ never get it. Not surprising, you don't have a lot in the ol' brain-pan.
DEM AND DEM PROUD OF IT

Los Angeles, CA

#6824 Jan 19, 2013
Stoneman wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooooh! Oooooh! Let me take this one!
http://news.investors.com/politics-andrew-mal...
You pathetic, parasitic leftist dumba$$e$ never get it. Not surprising, you don't have a lot in the ol' brain-pan.
An opinion piece from July...wow...that's impressive.
Stoneman

Boise, ID

#6825 Jan 20, 2013
DEM AND DEM PROUD OF IT wrote:
<quoted text>
An opinion piece from July...wow...that's impressive.
And let me guess-- since the embarassing truth is more than a couple of days old we should move on?

Benghazi is more than a couple of days old. We should move on, right? Oh dang, there's that Algerian massacre thing...

The Fast and Furious thing if more than a couple of days old. We're supposed to believe Lord Obama CARES DEEPLY about gun control after his stooges provided guns to drug cartels in Mexico.

It's been more than a decade since BJ Clinton had his genitalia sucked and ejaculated in the face of a 20-year-old employee, so it's OK that he stand up at your convention THIS YEAR and talk about protecting women's rights?

Problem is we conservatives don't have the gnat-sized intellect you liberals have. We're not easily distracted by shiny objects. We look at numbers. We do math. And when a president can't get the unemployment rate below 7.5% and has the nation galloping to 20 TRILLION DOLLARS DEBT, and repeatedly claims that the gubbermint doesn't have a spending problem (let's just increase taxes some more!), HE IS INEPT.

Makes sense that you support an incompetent president if he promises to keep your gubbermint checks coming. But in the unlikely event that you aren't, you're a fool.

“or Fox News”

Since: Jan 08

Vicksburg, MI

#6826 Jan 20, 2013
Stoneman wrote:
<quoted text>
And let me guess-- since the embarassing truth is more than a couple of days old we should move on?
Benghazi is more than a couple of days old. We should move on, right? Oh dang, there's that Algerian massacre thing...
The Fast and Furious thing if more than a couple of days old. We're supposed to believe Lord Obama CARES DEEPLY about gun control after his stooges provided guns to drug cartels in Mexico.
It's been more than a decade since BJ Clinton had his genitalia sucked and ejaculated in the face of a 20-year-old employee, so it's OK that he stand up at your convention THIS YEAR and talk about protecting women's rights?
Problem is we conservatives don't have the gnat-sized intellect you liberals have. We're not easily distracted by shiny objects. We look at numbers. We do math. And when a president can't get the unemployment rate below 7.5% and has the nation galloping to 20 TRILLION DOLLARS DEBT, and repeatedly claims that the gubbermint doesn't have a spending problem (let's just increase taxes some more!), HE IS INEPT.
Makes sense that you support an incompetent president if he promises to keep your gubbermint checks coming. But in the unlikely event that you aren't, you're a fool.
You look at numbers and you do math?...You mean like all those mathematical whizzes such as Dick Morris, Karl Rove, Charles Kraughthammer, ect on the GOP side that claimed Romney/Ryan would wipe the floor with President Obama?

How did that 'look at numbers and do math' work out for you?

I wonder is that the type of math you do to make yourself feel good?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Conroe, TX

#6827 Jan 20, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should "see" a psychologist.
Maybe you should read the Constitution.

Lot's of confusion today. Here's a simple fact. The president does not have the authority to give any order to anyone or anything outside the Executive Branch of government, other that that specified authority to issue pardons. Period. End of statement. Anyone who ever has read the Constitution in their life would know this.
Obviously, Obama has never even read the Constitution. Please tell us why the University of Chicago thought it needed a person who never passed the bar, had never seen the inside of a court room as a lawyer, and had never even read the Constitution to teach Constitutional Law in their law school.
Inquiring minds want to know.

And, you still haven't answered these two simple questions:

Where was Obama during the 7-hour battle between Al Qaeda and the stripped-down American security forces in Benghazi while the real-time video was being watched in the White House?

(examples of an answer: In the command center watching the video and issuing the appropriate orders; or, on the golf course like he was when he didn't have a clue the operation to kill bin Laden was even happening; etc., etc., etc. A location is required to answer the question.)

And;

Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?

(examples of an answer: Money will start growing on trees; or, all people regardless of income will have to pay more taxes to pay for Obama's government; or, there just isn't enough money in earnings to be taxed to pay for Obama's government and it is certain that the government will collapse under Obama; etc., etc., etc. A source of many has to be identified to answer the question.)

Tomorrow there will be an outdoor comedy routine by Obama when he pledges to uphold and preserve the Constitution. That will make anyone laugh. It would be today, but much more important events were already scheduled to occur. Well, it being Monday, not a lot of people interested in seeing it will have to take the day off from work....
me again

Cynthiana, KY

#6828 Jan 20, 2013
Stoneman wrote:
<quoted text>And let me guess-- since the embarassing truth is more than a couple of days old we should move on?

Benghazi is more than a couple of days old. We should move on, right? Oh dang, there's that Algerian massacre thing...

The Fast and Furious thing if more than a couple of days old. We're supposed to believe Lord Obama CARES DEEPLY about gun control after his stooges provided guns to drug cartels in Mexico.

It's been more than a decade since BJ Clinton had his genitalia sucked and ejaculated in the face of a 20-year-old employee, so it's OK that he stand up at your convention THIS YEAR and talk about protecting women's rights?

Problem is we conservatives don't have the gnat-sized intellect you liberals have. We're not easily distracted by shiny objects. We look at numbers. We do math. And when a president can't get the unemployment rate below 7.5% and has the nation galloping to 20 TRILLION DOLLARS DEBT, and repeatedly claims that the gubbermint doesn't have a spending problem (let's just increase taxes some more!), HE IS INEPT.

Makes sense that you support an incompetent president if he promises to keep your gubbermint checks coming. But in the unlikely event that you aren't, you're a fool.
Great job brother! Keep up the good work.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#6829 Jan 20, 2013
I've learned that a bunch of idiots ignorant of the US constitution (even when they think they are invoking it) will continue to prattle on about the election months after its passing.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Conroe, TX

#6830 Jan 20, 2013
lides wrote:
I've learned that a bunch of idiots ignorant of the US constitution (even when they think they are invoking it) will continue to prattle on about the election months after its passing.
When there are hundreds of thousands of voters where not a single voter, not one, pressed the wrong button by mistake, then nobody really believes the count. The places where programs were written to steal all the votes are child's play to identify. It is almost impossible to find the places where programs were written to steal one in three, or one in four votes.
Because it is an obvious fact votes were stolen, nobody believes the vote count presented. If the fact that nobody believes you has no impact upon you, then it is an unavoidable certainty you will start a civil war because you are not concerned about how the population feels, and it's obvious all you seek is power because you went to the trouble of rigging the vote to acquire that power.

Now, show us the text in the Constitution that gives the president the authority to issue any order/command/instruction/rest riction/etc. to any person or entity outside the Executive Branch of government.

Got a problem with that, don't you?
There is nothing in the Constitution that gives the president the authority to issue any instruction to anyone or anything outside the Executive Branch of government.

So, Obama's executive orders aren't worth the paper they're written on. According to the Constitution, the only orders or commands or restrictions or requirements any American citizen is obligated to obey comes to the population in the form of a law passed and enacted in accordance with what is written in the Constitution.

Obama is in direct violation of the Constitution.
I think Obama actually may not be aware of this because he's never even read the Constitution in his entire life.
But, ignorance is not a justifiable excuse. If Obama uses the office of president, ignorantly or not, to rebel against the government of the United States, then he is committing treason.

The Democrats cannot avoid this civil war they seek. They are too full of themselves and their ability to indoctrinate the population with lies to not do it, and they are too ignorant to avoid doing it.

When the smoke clears, the winners will most certainly hang the losers.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Conroe, TX

#6831 Jan 20, 2013
Obama plans to give parts of the United States to China in exchange for payment of the debt.

What in the Constitution gives the president the authority to give parts of the United States to any other country?

Anyone?

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#6832 Jan 20, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
Obama plans to give parts of the United States to China in exchange for payment of the debt.
What in the Constitution gives the president the authority to give parts of the United States to any other country?
Anyone?
He does not LIAR..........75% of our debt is to the private ban crooks at the Federal Reserve.....

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Conroe, TX

#6833 Jan 20, 2013
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
He does not LIAR..........75% of our debt is to the private ban crooks at the Federal Reserve.....
Do you mean Obama's choice, Ben Bernanke, is stealing from us at the Fed? Doesn't that make you think Obama is just another criminal thief?

In 2009, the United States of America has tendered to China a written agreement which grants to the People's Republic of China, an option to exercise Eminent Domain within the USA, as collateral for China's continu More..ed purchase of US Treasury Notes and existing US Currency reserves.
The written agreement was brought to Beijing by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and was formalized and agreed-to during her recent trip to China.
This means that in the event the US Government defaults on its financial obligations to China, the Communist Government of China would be permitted to physically take -- inside the USA -- land, buildings, factories, etc.- to satisfy the financial obligations of the US government.

Put simply, the feds have actually mortgaged the physical land and property of all citizens and businesses in the United States. They have given to a foreign power, their Constitutional power to "take" all of our property, as actual collateral for continued Chinese funding of US deficit spending and the continued carrying of US national debt.

Using two front corporations, the China National Offshore Oil Corporation and the State-Owned Assets Supervision as well as the Administration Commission of the State Council, the Chinese Communists have entered into a $570 million deal that gives it a third interest in an oil and gas field in Colorado and Wyoming. What’s worse is that language in the agreement has given the Chinese government the right to a third of ANY NEW oil or gas discovered in areas encompassed by this energy site.
Aside from having their tentacles in Colorado and Wyoming, other states where China has a sizable presence are as follows:
Louisiana – a $2.5 billion deal for 1/3 of a 265,000 acre energy field. China did likewise in buying a one-third share of a Michigan energy field.
The Chinese Communists have acquired a one-third share in energy producing fields in Ohio – Utica Shale field.
Oklahoma has them as well. The Chi-Coms own 1/3 of a 215,000 acre field based on a deal with Devon Energy.
In Texas, China owns 1/3 of the 600,000 acre Eagle Ford Shale energy field, and they own a small piece of the energy producing sections of the Gulf of Mexico.
What’s happening here is very obvious. The Chinese are Barack Obama’s loan shark. He can’t begin to pay them back what he has borrowed from them, so they are willing to take oil deals in partial payment.

Obama plans to give to them federal lands next in payment for their share of the debt.

Let's take a look at the Constitution on this...

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state...."

Obama will have to give part of a state to China to do this.
We'll be in a nation-wide civil war before Obama is removed as dictator, that's for sure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min John Galt 1,220,239
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min Ari son of Anarchy 179,199
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Jacques Ottawa 187,318
News Shock poll: 46% of Mississippi GOP would vote t... (Apr '11) 3 hr ritedownthemiddle 248
News Reid Allies See Immigration Fight Helping Re-El... 4 hr Local 51
News Terri Schiavo's Painful Deprivation of Food and... (Mar '09) 12 hr hornback12 1,219
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 19 hr Fair Game 34,194
More from around the web