What the 2012 election taught us

Nov 6, 2012 Full story: The Washington Post 10,324

We've been scouring the data for clues as to what we should learn from what happened tonight as President Obama relatively easily claimed a second term.

Read more

Since: Jan 13

Largo, FL

#6460 Jan 14, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Not good enough. That sheep wants the order number of the paperwork with the presidential seal on it verifying the money's origination...
They are all whining. They can't do anything else. Willard was not the shepard they had hoped for...Their dog and pony show is no longer entertaining, it's just sad at this point, yet they keep sending these poor sheep to the slaughter...
I could use another wool rug...So be it.
Well, they should be admired for their "never say die" attitude. Maybe their dream of a right wing military coup will come true. Oh, wait...most right wingers avoid military service. I forgot.

Largo, FL

#6461 Jan 14, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever hear of gorilla warfare?
Yes, I've hear of it. But the odds would be stacked pretty heavily against you. It seems to me you would have to kill an awful lot of your fellow Americans, and even if you did, there is no guarantee that the US Government would be forced to surrender.

But I am interested in how you see it playing out. Start from the beginning. Let's say Congress does pass new restrictions on guns. How would your rebellion start, and what form would it take?

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Brooklyn, New York

#6462 Jan 14, 2013
Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>Well, they should be admired for their "never say die" attitude. Maybe their dream of a right wing military coup will come true. Oh, wait...most right wingers avoid military service. I forgot.
Most wingnuts can talk the talk...

Few walk the walk.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#6463 Jan 14, 2013
Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I've hear of it. But the odds would be stacked pretty heavily against you. It seems to me you would have to kill an awful lot of your fellow Americans, and even if you did, there is no guarantee that the US Government would be forced to surrender.
But I am interested in how you see it playing out. Start from the beginning. Let's say Congress does pass new restrictions on guns. How would your rebellion start, and what form would it take?
Guess you'll just have to wait and see.....

Largo, FL

#6464 Jan 14, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess you'll just have to wait and see.....
I suspect that I will have a very long wait indeed. As I was trying to point out above, the gueurilla warfare plan you suggest is unworkable, for a number of reasons.
the rest of us

Saint Paul, MN

#6465 Jan 14, 2013
Calm Liberal wrote:
DBwhiner keeps asking the same two questions, over and over again.....BLAH,FART,BLAH......
No, arrogant leftist it is YOU who keeps spouting the same dumb talking points over and over. Go meet black turd offline and do whatever it is you leftist goofs do with each other and stop wasting our time on here. Just do NOT report back, we do NOT want to hear about it.

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#6466 Jan 14, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The killer used an NRA-sponsored assault weapon to kill these children. They died from 223 bullets, not from restrictive gun laws. If the mother of the killer collected china instead of deadly weapons, those kids would be alive today.
Americans are fed up with your demands for special rights.
YAWN, Conneticutt said it was not an assault weapon. Still trying to rewrite the definitions. So liberal of you orca.

Location hidden

#6467 Jan 14, 2013
Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, they should be admired for their "never say die" attitude. Maybe their dream of a right wing military coup will come true. Oh, wait...most right wingers avoid military service. I forgot.
One of your bigger lies. What else ya got. Conservative didn't run to Canada and Europe, liberals did.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#6469 Jan 14, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>One of your bigger lies. What else ya got. Conservative didn't run to Canada and Europe, liberals did.
yep, ponytailed hippies, burning their draft cards and singing protest songs.
the rest of us

Saint Paul, MN

#6470 Jan 14, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>One of your bigger lies. What else ya got. Conservative didn't run to Canada and Europe, liberals did.
I watched Team America World Police this weekend and while it's done on a high school level it was hilarious in depicting leftists. The actors and their film actors guild being in charge of negotiating world peace with North Korea....very funny.
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#6471 Jan 14, 2013
You're confusing the U.S Constitution with the Constitution of the Confederate States.......

The president's power to issue executive orders comes from Congress and the U.S. Constitution.

Executive orders do not require congressional approval. Thus, the president can use them to set policy while avoiding public debate and opposition.

The order is only nullified when the usual two-thirds vote is taken to supersede the executive order with the new law. Only the judicial branch, the Supreme Court, has the power to revoke it immediately by declaring it unconstitutional.

In Section I, the Constitution reads:“The executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America.” Never once does it say,“The President shall have the right and the power to issue executive orders.” However, since Washington, our previous presidents have used this informal power to their advantage
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You have something in common with Obama. Neither of you have ever read the Constitution and understand how the government works. Here's some things you are ignorant of:
The president is forbidden by the Constitution from issuing edicts to the population. The authority of the president is solely within the Executive Branch of government. Any executive order has only authority within the executive government.
And, no citizen is obligated to obey any order/restriction/requirement/ command from the government except those orders/restrictions/requiremen ts/commands that are issued in the form of a law passed in accordance with the Constitution.
Any executive order signed by Obama that gives instructions to any entity outside the Executive Branch of government isn't worth the paper it is written on.
However, in the fascist dictatorship the Democrats want, the furher Obama can write his own laws like you wish he could here in the United States.

Location hidden

#6472 Jan 14, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
You're confusing the U.S Constitution with the Constitution of the Confederate States.......
The president's power to issue executive orders comes from Congress and the U.S. Constitution.
Executive orders do not require congressional approval. Thus, the president can use them to set policy while avoiding public debate and opposition.
The order is only nullified when the usual two-thirds vote is taken to supersede the executive order with the new law. Only the judicial branch, the Supreme Court, has the power to revoke it immediately by declaring it unconstitutional.
In Section I, the Constitution reads:“The executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America.” Never once does it say,“The President shall have the right and the power to issue executive orders.” However, since Washington, our previous presidents have used this informal power to their advantage
<quoted text>
Obama: I HAVE EXECUTIVE POWERS OVER GUNS...
CBOW

Dover, PA

#6473 Jan 14, 2013
Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
I suspect that I will have a very long wait indeed. As I was trying to point out above, the gueurilla warfare plan you suggest is unworkable, for a number of reasons.
How little you know.

Largo, FL

#6474 Jan 14, 2013
the rest of us wrote:
<quoted text>
No, arrogant leftist it is YOU who keeps spouting the same dumb talking points over and over. Go meet black turd offline and do whatever it is you leftist goofs do with each other and stop wasting our time on here. Just do NOT report back, we do NOT want to hear about it.
What a sad, furious little man you are. I simply answered DB's questions, and for some reason, that fills you with such outrage, that you have to go on a psychotic rant. By the way, why are you right wingers so stuck on homoerotic imagery? "do whatever you leftist goofs do with each other". You seem to have non stop visions of homosexual acts swirling around in your head? Why? If you will check the record, you will find that it's right wingers who generally do things like solicit gay sex in bathrooms, for instance. Don't get me wrong, if that's your thing, it's your business. But do you constantly have to post your gay fantasies on Topix? Some of us aren't really interested in hearing about your sexual desires, so please keep to the subject. Thanks.
the rest of us

Saint Paul, MN

#6475 Jan 14, 2013
Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
I simply answered DB's questions, and for some reason, that fills you with such outrage......BLAH,BLAH,FART... ..
No, dumb leftist turd, YOU are the typical angry liberal with the emotional maturity of a 15 y.o. girl. You waste your time on here with so much farting in the wind.

Largo, FL

#6476 Jan 14, 2013
the rest of us wrote:
<quoted text>
No, dumb leftist turd, YOU are the typical angry liberal with the emotional maturity of a 15 y.o. girl. You waste your time on here with so much farting in the wind.
I don't know, it seems like you are the adolesent. Constantly babbling about gay sex and "farting". As far as wasting time on here, you seem to waste your share of it.

Listen stupid, I understand how you feel. Really I do. Your candidates lost big in the last election, so you are lashing out. But I don't think it's fair of you to blame me because the American people rejected your tea party nonsense. You just need to realize that ranting against Obama, Democrats, leftists, etc. doesn't do you any good. Just accept the fact that Obama and the left have beaten you. We beat you in the 2008 election. Then we beat you in the healthcare debate. Then we beat you again in the 2012 election. And I suspect we will continue to beat you. It isn't our fault that you're so easy to humiliate. That's just the way it is. You're an idiot, so of course you're going to keep losing. Can't you at least stop crying and just take your beating like a man?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#6477 Jan 14, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>YAWN, Conneticutt
Keep working on your spelling, Au Dumbo, and Congress defines what legally is an assault weapon, you've heard of Congress, eh, Au Dumbo?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#6478 Jan 14, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Obama: I HAVE EXECUTIVE POWERS OVER GUNS...
tea bagger: don't have the quote you need? make one up!

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#6479 Jan 14, 2013
Taught us ONE THING...that BAD MANNERS were displayed poorly here.. towards each other and directed at the main speaker asking the questions.
Clearly... both Candidate s were NOT taught discipline as children.

Since: Nov 11

United States

#6480 Jan 14, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Archie Bunker thought the best way to keep airplanes from being hijacked was to give everyone a pistol when the boarded the plane and collect them when they got off.
If that would had been done, Sept. 11 would not had happened!!!

The planed would still had fallen but not against the towers.

See? Liberals have no creativity!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min republiCONS 175,821
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr shinningelectr0n 1,206,792
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Jacques in Orleans 185,889
News Poll: Hillary Clinton still tops in 2016 4 hr barefoot2626 231
News Poll: Growing number of Americans incorrectly t... (Aug '10) 6 hr Spitshine 7,999
News In Feingold loss, his base turns on its own (Nov '10) 18 hr Fat for me 75
News Sarah Palin going on 'Oprah' (Oct '09) Sat lightbeamrider 706
More from around the web