What the 2012 election taught us

There are 20 comments on the The Washington Post story from Nov 6, 2012, titled What the 2012 election taught us. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

We've been scouring the data for clues as to what we should learn from what happened tonight as President Obama relatively easily claimed a second term.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#6398 Jan 13, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
THE PRESIDENT HAS NO AUTHORITY OUTSIDE THE EXECUTIVE BRANCH OF GOVERNMENT.
Yea, putting things in all caps doesn't magically make your lies true.

Location hidden

#6399 Jan 13, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
So I erred in posting a comment.BFD.
It wasn't the error, it was the tantrum you threw after.

Next!

Location hidden

#6400 Jan 13, 2013
I also reworded that comment later.
You moved the goalposts... You called the people who pointed out the error names.

PS: AS YOU MAY RECALL... I gave you a chance to find your own error, I put your finger on the list and suggested that YOU YOURSELF check it. I doubt you'd be so generous...

Location hidden

#6401 Jan 13, 2013
The fact remains that Obama did not win a state that required photo id at the time of the election.
THIS IS NOT CORRECT, putting aside most states that require photo ID are red states- restrictive of citizens rights- and red states, my dear, vote Republican.

And luckily, this onerous requirement meant to keep Democrats from voting (because the Republicans lost the motor voter fight) is in a minority of (red) states.

But I tire of this game, and those states that require photo ID will at some point allow vote by mail and vote by internet which will become the norm.

Since: Nov 11

United States

#6402 Jan 13, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Not restrictive enough.

The NRA insisted that killers have access to assault weapons.

If the killer's mother here had collected china instead of deadly weapons, those children would be playing with the Christmas presents their parents bought them.

This is on you and your friends in the NRA.
If the teachers, principal and staff were armed you would be demanding they disarm!

See? Liberals are brain dead!!!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#6403 Jan 13, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
for those who are completely ignorant of how government of the United States works, here's how an executive order works:
THE PRESIDENT HAS NO AUTHORITY OUTSIDE THE EXECUTIVE BRANCH OF GOVERNMENT. Thus, any executive order has no authority outside the executive branch of government.
Please provide an example of an executive order that was an edict to the population.
You cannot. It does not exist.
Obama is the first president that intends to violate the Constitution and issue edicts to the population.
Let's go over that again:
AN EXECUTIVE ORDER HAS AUTHORITY ONLY IN THE EXECUTIVE BRANCH OF GOVERNMENT.
And, let's add something here.
The only commands/requirements/restrict ions any citizen is required to comply with are issued to the population in the form of laws that have been enacted in accordance with the Constitution.
In other words, if Obama issues some edict to the population, according to the Constitution, that edict isn't worth the paper it's written on.
And, that would also be Obama formally declaring a rebellion against the government of the United States.
The intent of the Democrats is as old as governments, themselves. They are attempting to institute a fascist dictatorship where the president can write his own laws.
You do know this will start a civil war, don't you?
Are you ready to die for the right of Obama to become a dictator?
lol! You're such an idiot son.

You can't provide the law you claim Obama is imposing.....

You claim the US Constitution prohibits fascism....

And you can't prove your point.

... you're such a chicken little idiot
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#6404 Jan 13, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
If the teachers, principal and staff were armed you would be demanding they disarm!
See? Liberals are brain dead!!!
lol! I'm pretty sure you have a point, but you just don't know what it is!

Location hidden

#6405 Jan 13, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Archie Bunker thought the best way to keep airplanes from being hijacked was to give everyone a pistol when the boarded the plane and collect them when they got off.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#6406 Jan 13, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not restrictive enough.
The NRA insisted that killers have access to assault weapons.
If the killer's mother here had collected china instead of deadly weapons, those children would be playing with the Christmas presents their parents bought them.
This is on you and your friends in the NRA.
Gun laws in Connecticut were too restrictive and the NRA insist not in restricting law abiding citizens their constitutional right from being able to protect themselves like states like Connecticut where the restrictive gun laws proved failure and the deviates in those states know who & where the law abiding citizens cant protect themselves legally so they bound to be targets which is why I dont care for Northeast Society especially for me Massachusetts 30 days was enough for me.

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Draketown, GA

#6407 Jan 13, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
THIS IS NOT CORRECT, putting aside most states that require photo ID are red states- restrictive of citizens rights- and red states, my dear, vote Republican.
And luckily, this onerous requirement meant to keep Democrats from voting (because the Republicans lost the motor voter fight) is in a minority of (red) states.
But I tire of this game, and those states that require photo ID will at some point allow vote by mail and vote by internet which will become the norm.
Only when the proper controls are in place to insure that only one vote is cast by each eligible voter.

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#6408 Jan 13, 2013
Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh God, another "America is just like Nazi Germany" nut. Listen to yourself. You claim that the US Government might move to take away your guns, right? Well, I have news for you. If the U.S. Government ever decides to take your guns, you won't be able to stop them, because they have more and better weapons that you do.
Do yhou really think the crew of a tank is going to be intimidated by your pistol, or your shotgun, or your AK-47, or even your .50 cal?
It won't be the the fact that the military has better and bigger weapons, the issue is how many of the military that hate Obama will really turn on the citizens of america once the blood starts flowing. I suggest you look at Wounded Knee, Waco and other instances where the government over stepped their bounds and the reaction of the people. You also might go see Les Miserables to see what can happen when the elite and arrogant think they have become royalty.

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#6409 Jan 13, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Archie Bunker thought the best way to keep airplanes from being hijacked was to give everyone a pistol when the boarded the plane and collect them when they got off.
Sky Marshalls are better, and it's fun.
Imhotep

United States

#6410 Jan 13, 2013
Economy

Salary of retired US Presidents ..........180,000 FOR LIFE

Salary of House/Senate ..........174,000 FOR LIFE This is stupid

Salary of Speaker of the House ..........223,500 FOR LIFE This is really stupid

Salary of Majority/Minority Leaders .......$193,400 FOR LIFE Ditto last line

Average Salary of a teacher ..........40,065

Average Salary of Soldier DEPLOYED IN AFGHANISTAN .......$38,000

I think I found where the cuts should be made!

Location hidden

#6411 Jan 13, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Gun laws in Connecticut were too restrictive
The killer used an NRA-sponsored assault weapon to kill these children. They died from 223 bullets, not from restrictive gun laws. If the mother of the killer collected china instead of deadly weapons, those kids would be alive today.

Americans are fed up with your demands for special rights.

Location hidden

#6412 Jan 13, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>It won't be the the fact that the military has better and bigger weapons, the issue is how many of the military that hate Obama
Poor Dumbo: those 14 swing states couldn't turn it around for him.

Location hidden

#6413 Jan 13, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
Salary of Speaker of the House ..........223,500 FOR LIFE This is really stupid
Do let us all know when Republican Speaker Boner turns in his salary and demands that Congress take pay cuts.

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Brooklyn, New York

#6414 Jan 13, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>Well, dufus, if you're going to say something like you proved something, the least you can do is actually use the quote I posted, and not something else you copied and pasted from somewhere in the internet that had no relationship to what I posted.
What I posted was a direct quote from Thomas Jefferson. The diversion you created is well known to not be from Thomas Jefferson,... dufus.

Now, back to the issue. You seem to be able to post the words "that's already been answered", but you seem to not know the answers yourself. It's just two very simple questions. The answer to one question is simply a location. The answer to the other question is simply a source of money.

Here's the questions that nobody on Earth have been able to answer:

Where exactly was Obama during the 7-hour battle between Al Qaeda and the stripped-down American security detatchment while the real-time video was being watched in the White House?

And;

Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?

Do something nobody on Earth has been able to do and answer these questions.
Convince yourself that your bullshit Jefferson babble is viable. I've proved it to be otherwise...

The rest of your drivel has been debunked and is quite moot, sheep.
the rest of us

Saint Paul, MN

#6416 Jan 13, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit.
You're too fkn stupid to have a job.
Hey black turd, you are going down the vile road toward barefoot....mean, crude, hateful, irrelevant. Be advised to pull out before it's too late.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#6417 Jan 13, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The killer used an NRA-sponsored assault weapon to kill these children. They died from 223 bullets, not from restrictive gun laws. If the mother of the killer collected china instead of deadly weapons, those kids would be alive today.
Americans are fed up with your demands for special rights.
The Killer benefited from those failed restrictive gun control laws legistlated against the law abiding citizens and that is what America is fed up with because that Ultra New Left still insist and wants to make the law abiding citizens sittting ducks for these idiots instead of impowering people to be able to protect themselves and others from idiots and as long as these idiots know where law abiding citizens cant protect themselves they are targets.
Imhotep

United States

#6418 Jan 13, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do let us all know when Republican Speaker Boner turns in his salary and demands that Congress take pay cuts.
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In the aftermath of the fiscal-cliff deal, Republicans in Congress issued a heartfelt apology to the top 1.5 per cent richest people in America, offering “messages of profound condolence” for allowing their taxes to increase slightly.

“Our hearts go out to them,” said House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), still teary-eyed after hanging up the phone with a multimillionaire in Orange County, California.“We came to Washington to do the work of 1.5 per cent of the American people, and we didn’t get it done.”

The House Speaker said that he had spoken to several members of the top 1.5 per cent who were “understandably despondent” over seeing their taxes rise marginally as a result of the deal:“Some of them were so upset they even considered moving to Canada, until they found out the taxes were higher there.”

Mr. Boehner said that he tried to offer the wealthy consolation by reminding them that because of an increase in payroll taxes, millions of middle-class and working-class Americans would be suffering more than they would:“That usually put them in a better mood.”

House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Virginia) assailed the fiscal-cliff legislation today, calling it “a classic example of putting 98.5 per cent of the American people ahead of the rest of the country.”

Offering words of hope to the top 1.5 per cent, Mr. Cantor said,“In a few months we’ll have the next debate about the debt ceiling. As God is my witness, we will try to do a better job of bringing this nation to the brink of Armageddon.”

But to billionaires such as Harland Dorrinson, a longtime super-donor to the G.O.P., such assurances ring hollow:“If the fiscal-cliff deal is the kind of performance we can expect from Republican politicians, what’s the point of owning them?”

;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Yip Lee 1,224,614
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 23 min Jacques in Orleans 187,902
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 1 hr Brian_G 34,230
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Limbertwig 180,457
News Clinton: Nation needs to fix broken immigration... 1 hr see the light 3
News Bachmann ripped for suggesting HPV vaccination ... (Sep '11) 2 hr swedenforever 8
News Prosecutor in Garner case nears election to Con... 12 hr Just Saying 2
More from around the web