What the 2012 election taught us

What the 2012 election taught us

There are 10317 comments on the The Washington Post story from Nov 6, 2012, titled What the 2012 election taught us. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

We've been scouring the data for clues as to what we should learn from what happened tonight as President Obama relatively easily claimed a second term.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#6377 Jan 12, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<The president cannot make law.
That would be news to George Bush who signed more executive orders than any other president.

"Executive Orders do not require Congressional approval to take effect but they have the same legal weight as laws passed by Congress. The President's source of authority to issue Executive Orders can be found in the Article II, Section 1 of the Constitution which grants to the President the "executive Power." Section 3 of Article II further directs the President to "take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed." To implement or execute the laws of the land, Presidents give direction and guidance to Executive Branch agencies and departments, often in the form of Executive Orders."

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#6378 Jan 12, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't 1994, and most Americans memory of Sandy Hook (I expect) will still be there in three or four weeks.
I expect the people who are tired of these killings (the majority) are going to be able to outfund the minority of those seeking special rights.
Especially when those pushing for special rights are loons: i.e., that Americans need to have assault weapons because gobberment forces iz coming in hellycopters to take days guns.
look at the columbine massacre the Federal Assault Weapons Ban failed there too.
Stoneman

Boise, ID

#6380 Jan 12, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
How 'bout starting with your entitlements?
Scuse me, Dickweed. I'm one of those duma$$es that isn't getting a gubbermint check. I'm the joker that gets to pay for your lifestyle.

Hard for you to imagine, since you've been getting one your entire life...

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Draketown, GA

#6381 Jan 12, 2013
This election taught America that;

no photo id = no vote
drinK the Hive

New York, NY

#6382 Jan 12, 2013
It's Common Knowledge That People Get Conditioned & Programmed By Dark Forces...

http://www.unigamesity.com/wp-content/uploads...
Billy Ringo

New York, NY

#6383 Jan 12, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
no photo id = no vote

no show your taxes = no vote

Location hidden

#6384 Jan 12, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
no photo id = no vote
Too bad it didn't teach you to man up and admit you were wrong.

Of course, no one here would expect that from you, you spineless wimp.

Runs in the family, eh?

Location hidden

#6385 Jan 12, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>look at the columbine massacre the Federal Assault Weapons Ban failed there too.
The killer's mother in Sandy Hook would not have had the assault weapon if it were outlawed.

Pay attention.

Location hidden

#6386 Jan 12, 2013
Stoneman wrote:
<quoted text>
Scuse me, Dickweed. I'm one of those duma$$es that isn't getting a gubbermint check.
You are the dickweed that cannot eat without getting food stamps and picking up spare change working drivers at truck stops for your Old English 40's.

Location hidden

#6387 Jan 12, 2013
Stoneman wrote:
Hard for you to imagine, since you've been getting one your entire life...
Ah, here comes your lonely trucker, good buddy, put down the laptop and you come back real soon, y'hear?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#6388 Jan 12, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The killer's mother in Sandy Hook would not have had the assault weapon if it were outlawed.
Pay attention.
you need to pay attention and realize that Connecticut has some of the most restrictive gun control laws compared to the other states and they failed to allow law abiding citizen to protect themselves and the students where here in Indiana the teachers are allowed to Carry CCW besides I live in an area where majority of people own assaults weapons and have for a good 30 years and one neighbor owns a World War 2 Water Cooled Machine Gun and has all the Federal Paperwork to own it and there has never been any problems and feel safer here than I would in Connecticut because of those Modern Ultra Liberal failed & restrictive gun control laws make people innocent people victims.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#6389 Jan 12, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Please provide text from the Constitution that support your statement.
In a fascist government, what you say is true. However, the Constitution prohibits a fascist government. Here in the United States, the authority of the president is limited to the Executive Branch of government. In other words, the president can't write his own laws, dufus. And, nobody is required to comply with any instruction coming from the government unless that instruction comes in the form of law enacted in accordance with the Constitution.
I understand you are a fascist, and you desire to have a fascist government here. And, I understand the Democrats are going to attempt to install a fascist government.
When the smoke clears, you do know the winners are going to hang the losers, don't you?
See you then.
I'm still missing that law you claim Obama wrote.

Have you found it yet son?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#6390 Jan 12, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Another attempt to confuse people with misleading information.
The authority of any Executive Order is limited to the Executive Branch of government. The president does not have the authority to give any command to anyone outside the Executive Branch of government.
What the Democrats plan to do is mislead the American people with the lie that Executive Orders have been used by previous presidents to issue edicts to the population.
This is a blatant lie.
Executive Orders are limited in authority to the Executive Branch of government.
According to the Constitution, the only requirements the population is commanded to obey come in the form of laws passed by Congress and enacted in the exact procedure defined in the Constitution.
The president does not have the authority to issue edicts to the population. Period. End of statement.
In a fascist government, the head of state can write his own laws according to his whim.
The Constitution prohibits a fascist government. Thus, the Constitution prohibits the president from writing his own laws and issuing edicts to the population.
In case you're slow and haven't figured this out yet, the Democrats intend to install a fascist government. They will have to eliminate the Constitution to do that.
The Democrats are in rebellion against the Constitution.
Thus, the Democrats are in rebellion against the government of the United States.
What should be the penalty for someone in government participating in a rebellion against the government of the United States? Is this treason?
".... The Constitution prohibits a fascist government...."

Can you quote the Constitution on this son? And I mean the United States Constitution my dear boy!

Since: Nov 11

United States

#6391 Jan 12, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not responsible for your rants, honey, happy to see those free houses the banks were forced to give away.

I had to pay for mine.
Liberals do not want you to pay for your house when the government can force banks to take the loss under threat of law suite from Acorn.

See? Liberals caused the housing bubble but they are brainless and can not see the connection all they been told by their leaders is to blame Bush.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#6392 Jan 12, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberals do not want you to pay for your house when the government can force banks to take the loss under threat of law suite from Acorn.
See? Liberals caused the housing bubble but they are brainless and can not see the connection all they been told by their leaders is to blame Bush.
lol! What drug site did you copy this from son?

Or was this "independent" thought?

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Draketown, GA

#6393 Jan 13, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad it didn't teach you to man up and admit you were wrong.
Of course, no one here would expect that from you, you spineless wimp.
Runs in the family, eh?
So I erred in posting a comment.BFD. I also reworded that comment later. The fact remains that there are an awful lot of results that bear investigation. The fact remains that Obama did not win a state that required photo id at the time of the election. The fact remains that voter photo id is becoming the norm. The fact remains that you spend your time playing "gotcha", and casting bait disguised as insults, big man you are (not).

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Conroe, TX

#6394 Jan 13, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be news to George Bush who signed more executive orders than any other president.
"Executive Orders do not require Congressional approval to take effect but they have the same legal weight as laws passed by Congress. The President's source of authority to issue Executive Orders can be found in the Article II, Section 1 of the Constitution which grants to the President the "executive Power." Section 3 of Article II further directs the President to "take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed." To implement or execute the laws of the land, Presidents give direction and guidance to Executive Branch agencies and departments, often in the form of Executive Orders."
for those who are completely ignorant of how government of the United States works, here's how an executive order works:

THE PRESIDENT HAS NO AUTHORITY OUTSIDE THE EXECUTIVE BRANCH OF GOVERNMENT. Thus, any executive order has no authority outside the executive branch of government.

Please provide an example of an executive order that was an edict to the population.
You cannot. It does not exist.
Obama is the first president that intends to violate the Constitution and issue edicts to the population.

Let's go over that again:

AN EXECUTIVE ORDER HAS AUTHORITY ONLY IN THE EXECUTIVE BRANCH OF GOVERNMENT.

And, let's add something here.

The only commands/requirements/restrict ions any citizen is required to comply with are issued to the population in the form of laws that have been enacted in accordance with the Constitution.

In other words, if Obama issues some edict to the population, according to the Constitution, that edict isn't worth the paper it's written on.

And, that would also be Obama formally declaring a rebellion against the government of the United States.
The intent of the Democrats is as old as governments, themselves. They are attempting to institute a fascist dictatorship where the president can write his own laws.

You do know this will start a civil war, don't you?

Are you ready to die for the right of Obama to become a dictator?
Don Joe

Maple Grove, MN

#6395 Jan 13, 2013
Cary L Nickel wrote:
What the 2012 elections taught us is that Mitt Romney was absolutely correct:
47 percent of this nation is looking for government handouts, and will vote to keep them. So until the government runs out of our money, and the 47 percent are then left to fend for themselves without their government stipend, nothing will change in Washington, D.C.
Romney correct? was he correct when he said we should have more wars or fewer wars? was he correct when he said we needed more trickle down, or less? more help for the needy or less, need to overhaul health care, or leave it alone? When you are on all sides of an issue, it is easy for someone to claim you told the truth once.

Location hidden

#6396 Jan 13, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>you need to pay attention and realize that Connecticut has some of the most restrictive gun control laws compared to the other states and they failed...
Not restrictive enough.

The NRA insisted that killers have access to assault weapons.

If the killer's mother here had collected china instead of deadly weapons, those children would be playing with the Christmas presents their parents bought them.

This is on you and your friends in the NRA.

Location hidden

#6397 Jan 13, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
for those who are completely ignorant of how government of the United States works, here's how an executive order works:
It's obvious that you are, and we have already shown you that you are ignorant.

Copy and pasting the SOS just means (no big surprise) you don't listen.

I watch former president Bush pass more executive orders than any other president in history (more than several combined).

I know what EOs are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 1 min Lips9431 35,839
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min VetnorsGate 1,478,923
News Jared Kushner to be named Trump senior adviser:... 8 min Wholly Silicon Wafer 31
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 51 min Squirtss3086 233,866
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 54 min AMERICAN SUNSHINE 256,228
News Voting wars heat up as Democrats think about 2020 2 hr Cakes4170 78
News Fox Friends Outraged Over Atheists 'Making Chri... 4 hr Eagle 13 185
More from around the web