Obama mocks Romney for "newfound outr...

Obama mocks Romney for "newfound outrage" on China trade

There are 577 comments on the Reuters story from Sep 26, 2012, titled Obama mocks Romney for "newfound outrage" on China trade. In it, Reuters reports that:

President Barack Obama on Wednesday mocked rival Mitt Romney's claim that the White House has been weak on trade policies with China, casting the Republican's complaints as "newfound outrage." As both presidential candidates courted working-class voters in the crucial state of Ohio, the Democratic president said his administration has been ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

frank

Oakland, CA

#555 Oct 7, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
Obama gets up at the crack of ten, tapers off at noon and quits at four......what a man. Some are working three jobs to try and save their homes........
El Bimbo – keeper of the rightwing nuthouse!
frank

Oakland, CA

#556 Oct 7, 2012
voter wrote:
Are you better off now than you were 4 years ago?
Well, let’s take a look!
http://www.businessinsider.com/are-you-better...
gossamer

Roseville, MI

#557 Oct 7, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and much better than I would had McCain continued the Bush policies that put the USA into the economic mess in 2009 we found ourselves in.
You might be but the country isn't.

Gas has doubled, food prices higher, more people out of a job, homes not worth what they were but yet you are better off.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#558 Oct 7, 2012
gossamer wrote:
<quoted text>
The country is and the country doesn't want to go back to trickle down economics.

I say if you want to chip in to help lower Romney's taxes, make it a private, nondeductible contribution.

He has an address in the Cayman Islands...

Location hidden

#559 Oct 7, 2012
gossamer wrote:
<quoted text>
Gas has doubled,
Gas prices were higher under George Bush

Location hidden

#560 Oct 7, 2012
gossamer wrote:
... food prices higher...
food prices go up every year since Jesus the Christ (praise be upon him) was skipping stones off the Red Sea.

It's called cost of living.

Location hidden

#561 Oct 7, 2012
gossamer wrote:
... more people out of a job...
liar, liar, pants on fire...

Location hidden

#562 Oct 7, 2012
gossamer wrote:
... homes not worth what they were...
not worth what they were before or after the Bush housing bubble burst?

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#563 Oct 7, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
(quote)
Calls to several Presidential libraries reveal that President Obama’s predecessor, George W. Bush, was on vacation more — 1,020 days — than any U.S. President since Herbert Hoover and possibly more than any other President in history.
Even President Franklin D. Roosevelt, who was in office 12 years from 1933 to 1945, was on vacation less days than President Bush at 958 days. Calls to several Presidential Libraries reveal that no President can come close to Bush’s 1,020 days on vacation in an 8 year period. Even Lyndon Johnson, who spent 484 days at his ranch in Texas and at Camp David during his presidency, came in under Bush’s vacation time. Some claim the cost of Bush’s frequent trips to Crawford, Texas cost taxpayers upwards of $20 million, but the numbers are hard to confirm.
A recession started in 2001 as Bush took office after 22 million jobs were created during the Clinton Administration from 1993 to 2000. Bush began wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and presided over the loss of 4 million jobs. The debt when Bush left office was $10.6 trillion. In 2005, the Washington Post noted President Bush’s frequent vacations in a piece titled Vacationing Bush Poised to Set a Record as Bush took the longest single vacation — 5 weeks — of any President in 36 years.
President Bush spent 32% of his presidency on vacation.
Bush passed Reagan in total vacation days in 2005 with three and a half years left in his presidency. Reagan spent all or part of 335 days in Santa Barbara over his 8 year presidency. Bush spent 487 days at Camp David during his presidency and 490 days at his Crawford, Texas ranch, a total of 977 days.
When you add the days President Bush spent at Kennebunkport, Maine, he spent a total of 1,020 days away from the White House — close to 3 years. At 1,020 days, Bush was close to being on vacation more days than President John F. Kennedy’s total days in office (1,036). Representatives at the Nixon and Johnson Libraries indicate those two Presidents were on vacation less than 1,000 days during their terms.
President Obama has been on vacation 78 days from 2009 to 2011. At the three year mark into their first terms, George W. Bush spent 180 days at his ranch in Crawford, Texas and Ronald Reagan spent 112 vacation days at his ranch in California. Of course, staff was around all three Presidents on vacations and all White House aides argue that the commander-in-chief is never “out of touch” with work.
(clip)
Yawn.......more hog wash.........to wash the hogs.
conservative crapola

Whitehall, PA

#564 Oct 7, 2012
The cons are full of manufactured outrage....and full of it.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#566 Oct 7, 2012
voter wrote:
Are you better off now than you were 4 years ago?
Are we better off than 4 years ago. Well lets take a look see. 4 years ago there was a storm . If I remember correctly.
Storm on the Horizon
Cost increases in financing markets due to laissez-faire polices of the Bush administration.{DEREGULATIONS} !
Hedge funds are speculative by definition, are held accredited [e.g. affluent] investors. They are exempt from many of the public disclosures and requirements of federal securities law. Virtually non-entity prior to 2001. Bush administration hedge funds exploded from $250 Billion enterprise to a $2.5 Trillion enterprise. Lax enforcement of SEC regulations allowed “naked short selling” which makes its profit off the Main Street investors. Buy low sell high standard investors philosophy to the markets. Hedge fund with their vast reserves of liquidity could manipulate the prices to markets with no chances of lost. Make a share drop for short sales profits and rise for harvesting profits. Using other people’s monies! Christopher Cox SEC chairman looked the other way. Small businesses suffered when their stocks dropped and they lost the consumers confidence. Driving some into bankruptcy and disseminated the average retail investors.
Volatility markets contributed to the tumultuous finish to Bush administration. 2008 with reckless policies and omissions, created the perfect storm. Bush entered office with DOW at 10,587; left office with the Dow at 7,949 producing a negative market loss through out his tenure. Last 17 months stock markets experienced an historical loss of 58%! This was worst than any 17month rolling cycle of the Great Depression.
The Perfect Storm
1] Feb. 2008 Fannie Mae reports $3.55 Billion lost for 4th quarter of 2007. 2] March Bear Sterns accepts buy out by J.P. Morgan Chase. This was a $30 Billion bail out transaction by the Fed.’s.[from Fed. Reserves]
3] Carlyle Group defaults on $16.6 Billion debt. 4] Government supports Fannie May and Freddie Mac with $200Billion. 5] April International Monetary Fund projects a $945 Billion loss from the financial crisis. G7 institutes financial regulations. 6] June Home repossessions more than doubles. Two Bear Sterns managers charged with fraud relating to the subprime mortgage market. 7] July price of oil hits all time high at $145 per barrel while gas goes to $4.00 8] Indy Mac collapses, Fannie May and Freddie Mac continue to spiral down. Bush ignores it. 9] Hank Paulson , Secretary of the US Treasury declares in March 2007 “ global economy is more than sound; it’s as strong as I’ve seen it in my business career” 10]September government seizes Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. 11]Sept. 17 Lehman Brothers declares bankruptcy. Merrill Lynch, on the edge of bankruptcy, is acquired by Bank of America. 12]Sept.17 Government bails out AIG for $85 billion 13] Hank Paulson demands a $700 billion bailout plan to banks. 14] Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs forced to convert to bank holding companies, allowing them to borrow directly from fed discount window. 15] Sept.26 Washington Mutual is seized for its failure. 16] Sept 29 Congress denies bailout funds.{$700 billion} 17] Wachovia on brink of collapse negotiates with Citigroup for take over. 18] Largest bailout in US history is approved. 19] Week of Oct. 6 to 10 DOW drops 2,031 points for record weekly lost of 19.67% 20] Obama elected Nov.4th . Economy shrinks in 3rd and 4th quarter of 2008 by 9%. The Greatest Recession since 1929.
Do you enjoy storms?
Shall we become storm chasers and do it again and again and again….?
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#567 Oct 7, 2012
gossamer wrote:
<quoted text>
Gas has doubled, food prices higher, more people out of a job, homes not worth what they were but yet you are better off.
YOUR COMMENT IS FALSE: Judged MOOT!
Your numbers are a tad off. Last year Bush in office lost 4.43 million jobs. With a spiraling down of 750,000 per month of increasing unemployment new filings. Giving him a grand total of 10 million jobs lost. Obama is at 4.3 million created. Much easier to destroy than create as any republican knows.

; You’re a tad off on this fuel issue. Lets do a brief history. Bush took office gas at $1.74 oil at $16 per barrel.
Bush invades Iraq; Gas goes to $5 oil goes to $145 per barrel.
After election of 2008 Nov. Bush opens Flood gates on emergency National oil reserves. Price drops but only for temporary. National Oil Reserves closed their gates. Prices start to rise. Obama invest in more oil rigs to start drilling, Drilling for Natural Gas accelerates and Green energy. Mostly for R&D development. Which is exploding with new innovations as markets are being developed to consume them and reduce our need for oil and gas.
Presently we are at $3.70 for gas. Obama suggested we open the Emergency National Oil reserves which republicans immediately shot down. So here we are. Myself I’m in the process of getting my first Electric Vehicle and acquiring the solar panels to make the fuel. Savings in fuel alone will pay for panels and vehicle at no cost to me! Can I take another four years of OBAMA? You Betsa.. More if we could.
Obama has had the slowest growth in spending of any President in the past 60 years: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state... Pulitzer Awarded Site
gossamer

Roseville, MI

#568 Oct 7, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The country is and the country doesn't want to go back to trickle down economics.
I say if you want to chip in to help lower Romney's taxes, make it a private, nondeductible contribution.
He has an address in the Cayman Islands...
Maybe you didn't listen to the debate as Obama didn't. Romeny will not raise taxes.
conservative crapola

Whitehall, PA

#569 Oct 7, 2012
rugby gave no details. It's the only way he can have a chance.

btw:

Obama 319

rugby 206

hahahahahahahaha
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#571 Oct 7, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, let’s take a look!
http://www.businessinsider.com/are-you-better...
Frank; Thank you for that GDP charting site; Here is an extract I Picked up from an economic book, on their research of the two parties going back 80 years. Its called “Bulls Bears and the Ballot Box” by Bob Deitrick Exposes just how ignorant the right wing trolls are in their ranting.
The issue is all about economics! Lets see how the parties measure up.
Pedro Santa-Clara
Nova School of Business and Economics; National Bureau of Economic Research
(NBER); Centre for Economic Policy Research (CEPR)
Rossen I. Valkanov
University of California, San Diego (UCSD)- Rady School of Management

Pedro Santa Clara and Rossen Valkanov Concurred that the democrats fared better than the republicans by a wide margin. Democrats had consistent above average returns. Most Republicans had lower than average returns and greater volatility.
Santa Clara and Valkanov attribute the difference in returns to the stock markets being systematically and positively surprised to discover that democratic polices in a 80 year time frame of quantifiable data, are the best economic stewards for the nation. Differences are substantial.
Democrats had a respectable average return of 9.6% as when compared to republicans 0.58% average returns. If an employee’s 401[K] plan was fully invested in stocks at a value of $100,000, at the beginning of the employee’s 40 years of labor, apply this to both parties for returns.
Republicans Nest egg would have accumulated $224,375.
Democrates Nest Egg would have accumulated $ 3,912,210.
Now at $5,000, initial nest egg investment.
Republicans Nest Egg would have accumulated $126,027.
Democrats Nest Egg would have accumulated $1,985,526.
‘The Presidential puzzle; Political Cycles and the stock market” Accessed December 14 2011, the journal of finance, Vol.LVIII, no.5October 2003
In addition; http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state... Pulitzer Prize Awarded site
Which supports Debt To GDP figures. Last 4 years of Bush attributed 20.7% to debt to GDP. Obama of the 3 years has a Debt to GDP of 15.1%. A reduction to debt of 5.6% in spite of all the sabotaging efforts’ of the republicans.{ Hostage/Ransom} scenarios.
Republican’s present financial planning is similar to Herbert Hoover/ Bush…?
gossamer

Roseville, MI

#572 Oct 7, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gas prices were higher under George Bush
They might have peaked higher but under Obama have stayed higher longer.

http://americablog.com/2012/03/under-what-par...
gossamer

Roseville, MI

#573 Oct 7, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
food prices go up every year since Jesus the Christ (praise be upon him) was skipping stones off the Red Sea.
It's called cost of living.
Food prices are higher because gas prices are higher.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#575 Oct 7, 2012
gossamer wrote:
<quoted text>
They might have peaked higher but under Obama have stayed higher longer.
http://americablog.com/2012/03/under-what-par...
YOUR COMMENT IS FALSE:
Your source is right wing blog tabloid !? Source judged ; MOOT
Your numbers are a tad off. Last year Bush in office lost 4.43 million jobs. With a spiraling down of 750,000 per month of increasing unemployment new filings. Giving him a grand total of 10 million jobs lost. Obama is at 4.3 million created. Much easier to destroy than create as any republican knows.

; You’re a tad off on this fuel issue. Lets do a brief history. Bush took office gas at $1.74 oil at $16 per barrel.
After election of 2008 Nov. Bush opens Flood gates on emergency National oil reserves. Price drops but only for temporary. National Oil Reserves closed their gates. Prices start to rise. Obama invest in more oil rigs to start drilling, Drilling for Natural Gas accelerates and Green energy. Mostly for R&D development. Which is exploding with new innovations as markets are being developed to consume them and reduce our need for oil and gas.
Presently we are at $3.70 for gas. Obama suggested we open the Emergency National Oil reserves which republicans immediately shot down. So here we are. Myself I’m in the process of getting my first Electric Vehicle and acquiring the solar panels to make the fuel. Savings in fuel alone will pay for panels and vehicle at no cost to me! Can I take another four years of OBAMA? You Betsa.. More if we could.
Obama has had the slowest growth in spending of any President in the past 60 years: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state... Pulitzer Awarded Site
conservative crapola

Whitehall, PA

#576 Oct 7, 2012
Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
YOUR COMMENT IS FALSE:
Your source is right wing blog tabloid !? Source judged ; MOOT
The cons hate facts about their deceptive past.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#578 Oct 7, 2012
conservative crapola wrote:
The cons are full of manufactured outrage....and full of it.
After Obama's performance, can you understand why he don't meet with world leaders.........they can't stop laughing. Why can't the president talk naturally without a teleprompter. Being a communicator is in his job discription and says he should know and be able to discuss matters pertaining to his performance and his duties. He should also be able to articulate his plans and solutions.........Romney did, and looked Presidential, Obama didn't. Have you seen the DNL skit....pretty well sums it up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min American Lady 1,619,709
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 3 hr Hello from sunny ... 37,489
News John McCain memoir, a The Restless Wave,a comin... 6 hr Red Crosse 1
News Ruth Bader Ginsburg says she has "no doubt" sex... 6 hr Ronald 14
News Donald Trump blames Senate GOP for his stalled ... 7 hr Trump is a joke 13
News Republicans blame Senate GOP for stalled Washin... 8 hr Chilli J 72
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 hr Joe Balls 242,783
More from around the web