Chambliss latest Republican to break ...

Chambliss latest Republican to break with anti-tax lobbyist

There are 125 comments on the Reuters story from Nov 23, 2012, titled Chambliss latest Republican to break with anti-tax lobbyist. In it, Reuters reports that:

Senator Saxby Chambliss this week became the latest Republican lawmaker to loosen his ties to Grover Norquist, the anti-tax lobbyist famous for getting elected officials to sign a "taxpayer protection pledge." The rebellion, albeit a modest one, comes as Republicans prepare to negotiate with Democrats and President Barack Obama on a deal to avert ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

nobama

Los Angeles, CA

#82 Nov 27, 2012
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>Try reading it again. I know your frightwing nut comprehension is low. Now you don't want to believe what's posted in one of your own rightwing sites...Here, try it again...
"Spending falls as a share of income as income rises. Low-income people spend all their income or more. High-income people spend only a tiny fraction. A flat tax inevitably exempts most of the income of high-income people from tax."
I mean a flat income tax, not a flat sales tax, which is called a fair tax, but it is not really fair.
Try thinking outside the box. I know its tough for you.
Are you so afraid of me that you must use cute little names?
If so, you must be a biggot.
nobama

Los Angeles, CA

#83 Nov 27, 2012
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>You can't.
I cant what?
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#84 Nov 27, 2012
OH NO YOU Did not wrote:
<quoted text>
The only reason why you might know is that you work at Walmart with the TEA party people and you are jealous of them because they do not live in a world of hate like you. BTW, thank your new McJob on Obama and his Obamacare as that is way of the future because Obamacare taxes businesses to death and they are figuring ways to get around Obamacare.

Of course they are because they're anti-American POS.

As are most teabaggers with a chip on their shoulder because their candidate LOST.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#85 Nov 27, 2012
OH NO YOU Did not wrote:
<quoted text>
But Obamaton your Obama thinks that way! That is what he is offering college students now.

They are the only jobs available thanks to teabaggers.
OH NO YOU Did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#86 Nov 27, 2012
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they are because they're anti-American POS.
As are most teabaggers with a chip on their shoulder because their candidate LOST.
So what is the "anti-American POS"? Obama or employers who create the new jobs due to the expense of obamacare tax? It looks like you and your buddies are the ones "with a chip on your shoulders" because of all the hate you display on topix.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#87 Nov 27, 2012
nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
I cant what?
No, you can't. Nor can you whom.

Hypoluxo Fl

#88 Nov 27, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I'm sure you're loath to give up your new car, that fourth flat-screen tv, your iPhone, premium cable, and steak every other night. Can't blame you, but that only works until your credit runs out.
Ramen noodles aren't bad if you add a little butter and an egg.
I see you really thought hard about your support for the flat tax. How about this? Why do you think the billionaires and millionaires are all for it? With a flat tax, you'll be on a rice and beans diet for the rest of your life. I see you're half way there with your ramen noodle diet. What are you, a closet Republican teabagger?

Hypoluxo Fl

#89 Nov 27, 2012
nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
I cant what?
Think.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#90 Nov 27, 2012
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>I see you really thought hard about your support for the flat tax. How about this? Why do you think the billionaires and millionaires are all for it? With a flat tax, you'll be on a rice and beans diet for the rest of your life. I see you're half way there with your ramen noodle diet. What are you, a closet Republican teabagger?
No. I'm a mother. I'm an American. I'm self-employed. And I understand what it is to live within one's means. If beans and rice is all I can afford, so be it. For the last 10 years, I've been doing a whole lot better than that.

It's the whole 'personal responsibility' thing.
nobama

Los Angeles, CA

#91 Nov 27, 2012
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>Think.
Thanks for that clown. Got anything else cute to say?
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#92 Nov 28, 2012
OH NO YOU Did not wrote:
<quoted text>
So what is the "anti-American POS"? Obama or employers who create the new jobs due to the expense of obamacare tax? It looks like you and your buddies are the ones "with a chip on your shoulders" because of all the hate you display on topix.
Plenty of that going around, mainly by teabaggers, their politicians, media and unelected supporters.

The "chip" on teabaggers shoulders has been in place since McCain lost.

Never even gave the guy a chance.

Whereas the dems. did give Bush one until he invaded the wrong country.

Your misconception about "job creators" is the same thinking that got us into this mess.

You have to have consumers and customers before a "job creator" is EVER an equation.

Hypoluxo Fl

#93 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>No. I'm a mother. I'm an American. I'm self-employed. And I understand what it is to live within one's means. If beans and rice is all I can afford, so be it. For the last 10 years, I've been doing a whole lot better than that.
It's the whole 'personal responsibility' thing.
I see you still haven't justified your opinion about why you favor a tax givaway to the people that need onr the least. Maybe they need it to build another sweatshop in Bangladesh to replace the one that burned up.

Hypoluxo Fl

#94 Nov 28, 2012
nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for that clown. Got anything else cute to say?
Got anything at all to say?

Location hidden

#95 Nov 28, 2012
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>I see you still haven't justified your opinion about why you favor a tax givaway to the people that need onr the least. Maybe they need it to build another sweatshop in Bangladesh to replace the one that burned up.
I'm also a realist. Do you REALLY think the uber-wealthy, who own most of the Congress (both houses) are going to let their taxes change all that much? Just because I'M in favor of a flat tax, doesn't mean we'll ever get there. I was simply sharing my opinion.
OH NO YOU Did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#96 Nov 28, 2012
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
Plenty of that going around, mainly by teabaggers, their politicians, media and unelected supporters.
The "chip" on teabaggers shoulders has been in place since McCain lost.
Never even gave the guy a chance.
Whereas the dems. did give Bush one until he invaded the wrong country.
Your misconception about "job creators" is the same thinking that got us into this mess.
You have to have consumers and customers before a "job creator" is EVER an equation.
As you and your liberal buddies are the only ones I see "with a huge chip on your shoulders" and it is here because of all the hate you display continually. All the TEA partiers know that they can make the country better whereas you and your liberal buddies are aiming for the destruction of America and it makes you mad. BTW, Mc Cain was Democrat-lite, but even so he was 10 times better than Obama. There was 3 horrible choices that year with Hillary being the best choice of the three.
I guess you missed all the pre- 9/11 hatred by the democrats.
http://archive.democrats.com/preview.cfm...

"Bush Messed With Texas - And Left A Mess
11-Apr-01
George W. Bush
Budget shortfalls created by impractical tax cuts, underfunded Medicaid and education programs and failed charter schools – Bush did as much damage as he could in his six years as Texas governor. Remember his classic remark last year when confronted with the budget shortfall of $700 million, "I hope I'm not here to deal with it...I'm seeking another office." Molly Ivins reports on the gory details.

Baseball, Hot Dogs And…Arsenic
05-Apr-01
George W. Bush
"The tee-ball scheme reeks of banana republic politics…(It conjures up images of Idi Amin or some other tin-pot dictator ordering his ministers to wrestle for him.)...It's wrong...The president shouldn't use the power of his office -- not to mention tax dollars…-- to undertake a public relations campaign for his favorite sport...Bush has assigned the baseball revival to his White House Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiatives...But this only masks the essential sleaziness of what he is doing, namely, giving an enormous favor to the industry that gave him his fortune. With his Texas Rangers stake covered by his Dad’s buddies, after "a few years, he sold out for $15 million. Now he's paying back Bud Selig and crew with a PR campaign that favors their multibillion-dollar sports industry over equally worthy rivals." Meanwhile, Bush cravenly sells out the physical and financial health of our children’s future with his pro-corporate policies. Don’t be conned by this Rovean stunt.

Bush Vainly Compares Himself To Yogi Berra
01-Apr-01
George W. Bush
Bush held a lunch at the White House for a group of Baseball Hall of Famers. Bush lamely said, "Yogi's been an inspiration to me...not only because of his baseball skills, but, of course, for the enduring mark he left on the English language. Some in the press corps here even think he might be my speechwriter." No Dubya...no speechwriter -- not even Yogi Berra -- could script your mangled grammar and confused statements. No doubt your own speechwriters tear their hair out over how you unintentionally screw up their speeches. You are far from a great wit like Yogi, whose puns are for intentional comic effect. Don't try to cover-up your own linguistic ineptitude by comparing yourself to a humorist. Your malapropisms are closer to those of Norm Crosby, except his were deliberate jokes. Sorry, we ain't buying it. Tell Karl Rove and Karen Hughes to think of another way to smooth over your obvious incompetence.

AND THAT IS JUST SOME OF THE INTENSE HATRED DEMOCRATS HAD AGAINST BUSH PRE-9/11. THEY NEVER GAVE BUSH A CHANCE AT ALL. BTW, you can't get consumers unless that are employed - thus, employers must be able to create jobs or there will be no consumers. Simple economics.
OH NO YOU Did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#97 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>I'm also a realist. Do you REALLY think the uber-wealthy, who own most of the Congress (both houses) are going to let their taxes change all that much? Just because I'M in favor of a flat tax, doesn't mean we'll ever get there. I was simply sharing my opinion.
I believe it is better to be a realist in better than a hate-filled liberal.

Location hidden

#98 Nov 28, 2012
OH NO YOU Did not wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe it is better to be a realist in better than a hate-filled liberal.
Hate is a total waste of time and energy.
I prefer joy.
Cat74

United States

#99 Nov 28, 2012
Maybe if Americans hadn't learned from the Unions you can come in drunk, or high, and the brothers will cover for you. They've learned they don't have to work too hard to be called worker. So they turn in slipshod work, call it a day and go home

Location hidden

#100 Nov 28, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
Maybe if Americans hadn't learned from the Unions you can come in drunk, or high, and the brothers will cover for you. They've learned they don't have to work too hard to be called worker. So they turn in slipshod work, call it a day and go home
You sound bitter, angry, and just a li'l jealous there, kitten...

Ever crossed a picket line?
McGruff

Elizabethtown, KY

#101 Nov 28, 2012
Ex-GOP Con wrote:
No one is increasing taxes. The Bush GOP tax cuts are set to expire. They were TEMPORARY. The Democrats will fight though to extend the tax cuts to the working middle class. The question is: will the GOP TEA RINOs hold the middle class tax cuts hostage like they did the payroll tax cuts unless the rich 1% get a tax cut as well?

The GOP TEA RINOs are in a lose-lose situation.
so what is obammy going to compromise on?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min ReplaceGOP 1,683,569
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 53 min Earl 243,244
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 37,793
News House Republican claims to fight for immigratio... 4 hr spytheweb 1
News Schumer, Trump meet at White House as governmen... 10 hr General Kabaka Oba 2
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... (Nov '16) 15 hr RfCln 9,002
News Trump vs. Clinton: The feud continues even afte... 15 hr mr gleeble 20
More from around the web