Chambliss latest Republican to break ...

Chambliss latest Republican to break with anti-tax lobbyist

There are 125 comments on the Reuters story from Nov 23, 2012, titled Chambliss latest Republican to break with anti-tax lobbyist. In it, Reuters reports that:

Senator Saxby Chambliss this week became the latest Republican lawmaker to loosen his ties to Grover Norquist, the anti-tax lobbyist famous for getting elected officials to sign a "taxpayer protection pledge." The rebellion, albeit a modest one, comes as Republicans prepare to negotiate with Democrats and President Barack Obama on a deal to avert ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

Cat74

United States

#61 Nov 26, 2012
Why should someone work hard, save their money, sacriface family time to make money, get rich so the Government can take their hard earned money, and give it to a bunch of useless deadbeats? No. That is just wrong. If these people had to work for the money, food stamps, etc., I guarantee they would get real jobs, pay taxes, and become good ciizens.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#62 Nov 26, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
Why should someone work hard, save their money, sacriface family time to make money, get rich so the Government can take their hard earned money, and give it to a bunch of useless deadbeats? No. That is just wrong. If these people had to work for the money, food stamps, etc., I guarantee they would get real jobs, pay taxes, and become good ciizens.
As teabaggers push for more policies that send U.S. jobs overseas, they think everyone should be grateful for the oppritunity to work part time at Walmart and McDonald's.
OH NO YOU Did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#63 Nov 26, 2012
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>You moron. It's the millionaires that will have a lesser tax burden with a flat tax. Where does my post say anything about me paying taxes? It shows how unfair a flat tax system is to middle income workers. You can't be this stupid. Yes, I can see you swallowed the frightwingnut kool ade.
You mean like millionaire President Barack Obama? You know that he earns way over the minimum $250,000. I believe it is like $768,000 and he uses that tax loopholes to pay a tax rate of 20% unlike the the rest of the middle class which is around 29%. When is Obama going to be a leader and pay his 29% rate?
OH NO YOU Did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#64 Nov 26, 2012
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
As teabaggers push for more policies that send U.S. jobs overseas, they think everyone should be grateful for the oppritunity to work part time at Walmart and McDonald's.
Well, we know that you can work there for your employment.
nobama

Los Angeles, CA

#65 Nov 26, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>I've been an advocate of the flat tax for a decade. For all the good stuff we have in this country, EVERYBODY needs to throw down.
JMO.
Yes, agreed, but not some more than others. And a lot of foolish spending cut off.
nobama

Los Angeles, CA

#66 Nov 26, 2012
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>From Forbes.com ...Hardly a liberal site....
How would a flat tax affect low- and middle-income households?..
A flat tax would be much more regressive than the current income tax. For one thing, itís unlikely to include the refundable tax credits (like the EITC and child credit) that augment the earnings of low earners. Itís not impossible to add refundable credits, but Iíve never seen them in a flat tax proposal. As a result, poor people will pay a larger share of their income than they do at present. Middle-income people will also pay more.
Moreover, spending falls as a share of income as income rises. Low-income people spend all their income or more. High-income people spend only a tiny fraction. A VAT or flat tax inevitably exempts most of the income of high-income people from tax. If it is going to raise the same amount of revenue as the current system, it must raise somebody elseís taxes. That would be low- and middle-income people...
Time to remove your tinfoil hat.
But that is not flat tax. There would be no deductions allowed. Just flat tax. The more you make, the more you pay.
nobama

Los Angeles, CA

#68 Nov 26, 2012
<quoted text>
Open your eyes and try to think.
You just cant understand, can you?

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#69 Nov 27, 2012
nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
But that is not flat tax. There would be no deductions allowed. Just flat tax. The more you make, the more you pay.
Try reading it again. I know your frightwing nut comprehension is low. Now you don't want to believe what's posted in one of your own rightwing sites...Here, try it again...

"Spending falls as a share of income as income rises. Low-income people spend all their income or more. High-income people spend only a tiny fraction. A flat tax inevitably exempts most of the income of high-income people from tax."

Hypoluxo Fl

#70 Nov 27, 2012
nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#71 Nov 27, 2012
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>Try reading it again. I know your frightwing nut comprehension is low. Now you don't want to believe what's posted in one of your own rightwing sites...Here, try it again...
"Spending falls as a share of income as income rises. Low-income people spend all their income or more. High-income people spend only a tiny fraction. A flat tax inevitably exempts most of the income of high-income people from tax."
"Low-income people spend all their income or more."

I think that 'or more' part is instructive, don't you?
Perhaps low-income people should LIVE like they have low-income, rather than trying to live on credit, so they can be like middle-income people. You know: within their means, and stuff.

Just a thought.

Hypoluxo Fl

#72 Nov 27, 2012
<quoted text>"Low-income people spend all their income or more."
Perhaps low-income people should LIVE like they have low-income, rather than trying to live on credit, so they can be like middle-income people. You know: within their means, and stuff.
Just a thought.
Try thinking about why you're on the side of the billionaires that aren't the ones that need any help. And if you would research all the pros and cons of a flat tax, you will come to realize that it's detrimental to the shrinking middle class.

Location hidden

#73 Nov 27, 2012
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>Try thinking about why you're on the side of the billionaires that aren't the ones that need any help. And if you would research all the pros and cons of a flat tax, you will come to realize that it's detrimental to the shrinking middle class.
Yes, I'm sure you're loath to give up your new car, that fourth flat-screen tv, your iPhone, premium cable, and steak every other night. Can't blame you, but that only works until your credit runs out.

Ramen noodles aren't bad if you add a little butter and an egg.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#74 Nov 27, 2012
OH NO YOU Did not wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, we know that you can work there for your employment.
Of course you do, all teabaggers do.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for my brand new McJob.

Couldn't have done it without people like you.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#75 Nov 27, 2012
nobama wrote:
<quoted text>

No I can't understand how teabaggers would think a college graduate with a PhD stocking shelves at Walmart is "good" for the country.
OH NO YOU Did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#76 Nov 27, 2012
<quoted text>"Low-income people spend all their income or more."
Just a thought.
I agree is that all should live like they have no credit and within their means. However, the rich should not be given any further advantage because they have money and can influence the politicians.
OH NO YOU Did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#77 Nov 27, 2012
<quoted text>Yes, I'm sure you're loath to give up your new car, that fourth flat-screen tv, your iPhone, premium cable, and steak every other night. Can't blame you, but that only works until your credit runs out.
Ramen noodles aren't bad if you add a little butter and an egg.
Actually, there is a lot you can do with ramen noodle to make it a meal. Ramen noodles are the meals of college students.

Location hidden

#78 Nov 27, 2012
OH NO YOU Did not wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, there is a lot you can do with ramen noodle to make it a meal. Ramen noodles are the meals of college students.
I ate Ramen noodles for years - so my kids could have meat once in a while. One does what one must.
OH NO YOU Did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#79 Nov 27, 2012
<quoted text>
Of course you do, all teabaggers do.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for my brand new McJob.
Couldn't have done it without people like you.
The only reason why you might know is that you work at Walmart with the TEA party people and you are jealous of them because they do not live in a world of hate like you. BTW, thank your new McJob on Obama and his Obamacare as that is way of the future because Obamacare taxes businesses to death and they are figuring ways to get around Obamacare.
OH NO YOU Did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#80 Nov 27, 2012
<quoted text>
No I can't understand how teabaggers would think a college graduate with a PhD stocking shelves at Walmart is "good" for the country.
But Obamaton your Obama thinks that way! That is what he is offering college students now.
OH NO YOU Did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#81 Nov 27, 2012
<quoted text>I ate Ramen noodles for years - so my kids could have meat once in a while. One does what one must.
You are right one does what one must.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Realtime 1,643,986
News Diagnosing Trump: Did America elect a madman? 4 min Trump is a joke 309
It's Nearly Impossible for a 43 year old Woman ... (Aug '08) 15 hr mercifulp 91
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) Thu loose cannon 243,009
News Samuel L. Jackson echoes Morgan Freeman, says T... (Oct '11) Nov 20 Judge FrankenMoore 64
News Poll: Job approval for Congress at record low (Aug '11) Nov 20 anonz 127
News Cruz challenger touting his old-guard Republica... Nov 20 By a vote 1
More from around the web