Obama plans early push on immigration

Obama plans early push on immigration

There are 33 comments on the Star Tribune story from Jan 12, 2013, titled Obama plans early push on immigration. In it, Star Tribune reports that:

President Obama plans to push Congress to move quickly in the coming months on an ambitious overhaul of the immigration system that would include a path to citizenship for most of the 11 million illegal immigrants in the country, senior administration officials and lawmakers said last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Star Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
FritoBandito

San Diego, CA

#21 Jan 13, 2013
Nym8387 wrote:
<quoted text>frito you're a stupidly funny old man,Mexico would be on its knees in an hour if they would to ever step out of line with this country,everything you say is a lie and off topic.
Well, according to you and those of your ilk, they are stepping out of line by sending all their supposed illegals and you aren't doing a darn thing about it.

You're the clueless one. You're just misinformed and displaced from border affairs.
thinking

Belvidere, IL

#22 Jan 13, 2013
Getting rid of the illegals would lessen the financial burden of the Legal US citizens!! No more Medicaid, food stamps, or free prison housing to the illegals would definitely help balance the budget!!
Even though their children may be US citizens, they should return to their home country with their parents. The parents are the ones who chose this life for their child.
river

Fort Worth, TX

#23 Jan 13, 2013
thinking wrote:
Getting rid of the illegals would lessen the financial burden of the Legal US citizens!! No more Medicaid, food stamps, or free prison housing to the illegals would definitely help balance the budget!!
Even though their children may be US citizens, they should return to their home country with their parents. The parents are the ones who chose this life for their child.
I wonder from where your ancestors came from that way you can get. out of this country and go there dumb
thinking

Richmond, IN

#24 Jan 13, 2013
river wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder from where your ancestors came from that way you can get. out of this country and go there dumb
My ancestors came here LEGALLY! And you don't want me to leave, I pay too much in taxes to support you.
ronnie

Salt Lake City, UT

#25 Jan 13, 2013
I doubt the even half of the applicant's will qualify. They simply do not want citizenship in this Country. The ones that do, want dual citizenship with their homeland Country including Asians. Identifying them and finding there true identity in the first place will be a feat. South Americans cannot and will not assimilate to American Culture, isn't in their blood. DACA applicants in many cases will not qualify do to lack of education, or criminal records. Immigration reform doesn't promise Mexicans any future here, it's only in their minds. And Obama's deceit.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#26 Jan 13, 2013
allornothing wrote:
It has to be done and the time is now!. This broken system hurts immigrants and the country as a whole,so given the momentun it has gained,there is not better time than now to make it.Lets trust that president Obama and Congress can work out a smart and comprehensive approach that helps everybody in a fair way...
anyone pushing this nonsense is more of an enemy of the USA,they are trying to make us all into the nau.
lite

Saint Louis, MO

#27 Jan 13, 2013
Little do these undocumented democrats know that they will be leaving one plantation for another.

Since: Jan 13

San Francisco, CA

#28 Jan 13, 2013
thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
My ancestors came here LEGALLY! And you don't want me to leave, I pay too much in taxes to support you.
If by legally you mean taking away the Native Americans' land and killing them then yes.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#29 Jan 13, 2013
Nym8387 wrote:
<quoted text>are you saying the Mexican military would stand a chance? Hahahahahahaha,you're the most delusional pos in history,my post speaks nothing but the truth about what needs to be done.
You have a point there. Our military did get a lot of practice bombing Vieques over the years. That may come in handy.

It was fortune that we had a place that we could bomb for 60 years and nobody would care.
shy girl

United States

#30 Jan 13, 2013
deport deport deport wrote:
Listen to me, all illegal alien scum and your families and all Americans who support these roaches: THERE WELL NEVER BE AMNESTY. THERE WELL BE NO DREAM ACT. NO PATH TO CITIZENSHIP. Obama just wanted the Hispanic vote. Even he knows you are all lying, thieving, welfare-cheating, uneducated human garbage. A belief shared by more than 70% of Americans. Start packing your cardboard boxes, wetbks.
listen hater we will see about that we trust president and confress we will get an amnesty this time u like it or not
DWG

Everett, MA

#31 Jan 14, 2013
thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
how can you say legally way if that way not exist anymore? immigration system is broke my friend.
ronnie

Hurricane, UT

#32 Jan 14, 2013
William Sobrevilla wrote:
<quoted text>
If by legally you mean taking away the Native Americans' land and killing them then yes.
You sound redundant.... Please quit talking like you're still in the 3rd. grade. If you even went to school. This Country is the United States. This Country belong's to Legal resident's. Europeans are a small demographic dude. Please stop you're racist slur's to Legal Americans.... legal.
Illegal

Houston, TX

#33 Jan 14, 2013
deport deport deport wrote:
Listen to me, all illegal alien scum and your families and all Americans who support these roaches: THERE WELL NEVER BE AMNESTY. THERE WELL BE NO DREAM ACT. NO PATH TO CITIZENSHIP. Obama just wanted the Hispanic vote. Even he knows you are all lying, thieving, welfare-cheating, uneducated human garbage. A belief shared by more than 70% of Americans. Start packing your cardboard boxes, wetbks.
I feel sorry for you. I am an illegal and I have just graduated in mechanical engineering and I just started my graduate school in aerospace engineering. I am not going anywhere. I will get my citizenship through Obama and I will work and make more money than you do. Get a life

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min An NFL Fan 1,405,554
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min Cornelius Scudmister 233,485
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 20 min Dr Guru 219,690
News Democrats fire warning shots at Hillary - and s... 1 hr He Named Me Black... 3
News Donald Trump encourages Russia to hack Hillary ... 1 hr reality 44
News Ben Affleck: Republicans 'had a chance' (Oct '12) 1 hr Lawrence Wolf 81
News How Democratic VP Candidate Tim Kaine Evolved o... 2 hr YourEx 15
More from around the web