Obama plans early push on immigration

Obama plans early push on immigration

There are 33 comments on the Star Tribune story from Jan 12, 2013, titled Obama plans early push on immigration. In it, Star Tribune reports that:

President Obama plans to push Congress to move quickly in the coming months on an ambitious overhaul of the immigration system that would include a path to citizenship for most of the 11 million illegal immigrants in the country, senior administration officials and lawmakers said last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Star Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 13

San Francisco, CA

#1 Jan 12, 2013
Good job Obama!^-^
Nym8387

Lawrence, MA

#2 Jan 12, 2013
William Sobrevilla wrote:
Good job Obama!^-^
you really don't know the president,he will laugh at you again.

San Francisco, CA

#3 Jan 12, 2013
Nym8387 wrote:
<quoted text>you really don't know the president,he will laugh at you again.
Sure he will...^^
Nym8387

Lawrence, MA

#4 Jan 13, 2013
William Sobrevilla wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure he will...^^
yup,he sure will
allornothing

United States

#5 Jan 13, 2013
It has to be done and the time is now!. This broken system hurts immigrants and the country as a whole,so given the momentun it has gained,there is not better time than now to make it.Lets trust that president Obama and Congress can work out a smart and comprehensive approach that helps everybody in a fair way...
Nym8387

Lawrence, MA

#6 Jan 13, 2013
allornothing wrote:
It has to be done and the time is now!. This broken system hurts immigrants and the country as a whole,so given the momentun it has gained,there is not better time than now to make it.Lets trust that president Obama and Congress can work out a smart and comprehensive approach that helps everybody in a fair way...
b.s,you want reform that benefits illegals only,you want reform end birthright citizenship (just in case of another tsunami),enforce e-verify with an iron fist,more border security with deadly force authorized and then We could discuss a plan to put them on a path to citizenship(citizenship that dosent allow them to sponsor no one,not even a spouse back in thier country)that should be the best case scenario for illegal aliens,to hell with momentum,this isn't a ball game.

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#7 Jan 13, 2013
[QUOTE who="allornothing"

It has to be done and the time is now!.

This broken system hurts immigrants and the country as a whole,so given the momentun it has gained,there is not better time than now to make it.

Lets trust that president Obama and Congress can work out a smart and comprehensive approach that helps everybody in a fair way...

[/QUOTE]

"immigrants"??

Illegal, but Not Undocumented: Identity Theft, Document Fraud, and Illegal
Employment

The findings include:

a.. Illegal immigrants are not "undocumented." They have fraudulent documents such as counterfeit Social Security cards, forged drivers licenses, fake "green cards," and phony birth certificates. Experts suggest that approximately 75 percent of working-age illegal aliens use fraudulent Social Security cards to obtain employment.

b.. Most (98 percent) Social Security number (SSN) thieves use their own names with stolen numbers. The federal E-Verify program, now mandated in only 14 states, can detect this fraud. Universal, mandatory use of E-Verify would curb this and stop virtually 100 percent of child identity theft.

c.. Illegal immigration and high levels of identity theft go hand-in-hand. States with the most illegal immigration also have high levels of job-related identity theft. In Arizona, 33 percent or all identity theft is job-related (as opposed to identity theft motivated simply by profit). In Texas it is 27 percent; in New Mexico, 23 percent; in Colorado, 22 percent; California, 20 percent; and in Nevada, 16 percent. Eight of the 10 states
with the highest percentage of illegal aliens in their total population are among the top 10 states in identity theft (Arizona, California, Florida, Texas, Nevada, New York, Georgia, and Colorado).

d.. Children are prime targets. In Arizona, it is estimated that over one million children are victims of identity theft. In Utah, 1,626 companies were found to be paying wages to the SSNs of children on public assistance under the age of 13. These individuals suffer very real and very serious

Read rest of story below:

http://www.cis.org/IdentityTheft
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Jan 13, 2013
allornothing wrote:
the system does NOT hurt immigrants. an immigrant applies for a visa which if granted allows entry and work in the country. amnesty is for illegal people sneaking across the border, no paperwork, no health check. these are the people that need to go home and if they truly want to be a US citizen go through the same process millions of the countrymen have done for decades. that is the approach that helps EVERYBODY in a FAIR way. not breaking the law as your first step.
deport deport deport

Fairfax, VA

#9 Jan 13, 2013
Listen to me, all illegal alien scum and your families and all Americans who support these roaches: THERE WELL NEVER BE AMNESTY. THERE WELL BE NO DREAM ACT. NO PATH TO CITIZENSHIP. Obama just wanted the Hispanic vote. Even he knows you are all lying, thieving, welfare-cheating, uneducated human garbage. A belief shared by more than 70% of Americans. Start packing your cardboard boxes, wetbks.
Boknows

Fairfield, CA

#10 Jan 13, 2013
REPUBIGOTRY stop being a cry baby,you're a sore loser mf,face the music and do what the LOSER does best CRY OUT LOUD BIGOTS.
Nym8387

Lawrence, MA

#11 Jan 13, 2013
Boknows wrote:
REPUBIGOTRY stop being a cry baby,you're a sore loser mf,face the music and do what the LOSER does best CRY OUT LOUD BIGOTS.
no amnesty plain and simple.
FritoBandito

San Diego, CA

#12 Jan 13, 2013
Nym8387 wrote:
<quoted text>b.s,you want reform that benefits illegals only,you want reform end birthright citizenship (just in case of another tsunami),enforce e-verify with an iron fist,more border security with deadly force authorized and then We could discuss a plan to put them on a path to citizenship(citizenship that dosent allow them to sponsor no one,not even a spouse back in thier country)that should be the best case scenario for illegal aliens,to hell with momentum,this isn't a ball game.
"... deadly force...?" Like cops, Border Patrol Agents can use discretionary deadly force when warranted. If you're talking about mowing them down with machine guns, then you better expect the Mexican military to respond, creating a bloody border war of devastating consequences. Innocent people on the border would bare that brunt, not you, you clueless POS!

Likes always, you and your horde are in oblivion about the sensitive nature of the border and how we have treaties that forbid military action (ie. Treaty of Guadalupe), to avoid such destruction and mayhem that would cost many civilian lives on both sides. We couldn't expect a self hating POS like you to know that, since all you do hang out at some slummy South Bronx corner with your doper friends smoking the hoochie weed.

Location hidden

#13 Jan 13, 2013
So providing undocumented immigrants with their own SSN would end up all that fraud... it needs to be done to integrate those people from the shadows to a status that allows them to pay taxes and pass a DL test to drive and [ay fees and learn English to better contribute with this society instead of being a charge.Everybody agrees that to deport 11million people is unrealistic,it's time to get over it and start working on a plan to make this people accountable and allow them to contribute and be productive...
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
"immigrants"??
Illegal, but Not Undocumented: Identity Theft, Document Fraud, and Illegal
Employment
The findings include:
a.. Illegal immigrants are not "undocumented." They have fraudulent documents such as counterfeit Social Security cards, forged drivers licenses, fake "green cards," and phony birth certificates. Experts suggest that approximately 75 percent of working-age illegal aliens use fraudulent Social Security cards to obtain employment.
b.. Most (98 percent) Social Security number (SSN) thieves use their own names with stolen numbers. The federal E-Verify program, now mandated in only 14 states, can detect this fraud. Universal, mandatory use of E-Verify would curb this and stop virtually 100 percent of child identity theft.
c.. Illegal immigration and high levels of identity theft go hand-in-hand. States with the most illegal immigration also have high levels of job-related identity theft. In Arizona, 33 percent or all identity theft is job-related (as opposed to identity theft motivated simply by profit). In Texas it is 27 percent; in New Mexico, 23 percent; in Colorado, 22 percent; California, 20 percent; and in Nevada, 16 percent. Eight of the 10 states
with the highest percentage of illegal aliens in their total population are among the top 10 states in identity theft (Arizona, California, Florida, Texas, Nevada, New York, Georgia, and Colorado).
d.. Children are prime targets. In Arizona, it is estimated that over one million children are victims of identity theft. In Utah, 1,626 companies were found to be paying wages to the SSNs of children on public assistance under the age of 13. These individuals suffer very real and very serious
Read rest of story below:
http://www.cis.org/IdentityTheft
F Munuz

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Jan 13, 2013
Life as a immigrant involuntarily has put a complete stop in my life. Brought to the U.S from Mexico by my parents after only 3months from turning 3 years old, we came to live a better life. Sadly nothing came out the way my parents had planned. They divorced only 1-2 years after getting here leaving me, my mom and 4 siiters and brothers alone moving from place to place because it was so hard for my mom to find a job since she was only 22 at the time and with no english. She re-married a few years later with my step dad and has 5more kids (all citizens). Me and my step dad have NEVER had the best relationship knowing that I'm not his child. I've been degraded, humiliated and just put down to an extend that my life has been a living hell. I went to school my whole life here, I didn't have the best grades but I didn't have bad ones either. I never flunked, don't have any kind of criminal record except for a possessions charge. I don't know what to do anymore, I can't work, I can't go to school because it's too expensive, I literally can't do ANYTHING with my life. I'm stuck in this hellhole depending on my step dad all because I was brought to the US when I was a child to have a "better life". I would leave to Mexico, but I know of no one to go to over there and as bad as things are over there now (cartel wars) I would be living worse, maybe even dead....but then again if you can't do anything with your life and you have nowhere to go with no kind of help, what ARE you supposed to live for?.....I'm 20 going on 21 this year, and being an immigrant has ruined my life.....
allornothing

United States

#15 Jan 13, 2013
you need to update my friend..that laws that let people apply don't really work anymore,making people wait for over 10 years if accepted...those laws worked well decades ago ,but now there;s a huge backlog and that's why We got to this mess now...
lolol wrote:
<quoted text>
the system does NOT hurt immigrants. an immigrant applies for a visa which if granted allows entry and work in the country. amnesty is for illegal people sneaking across the border, no paperwork, no health check. these are the people that need to go home and if they truly want to be a US citizen go through the same process millions of the countrymen have done for decades. that is the approach that helps EVERYBODY in a FAIR way. not breaking the law as your first step.
Nym8387

Lawrence, MA

#16 Jan 13, 2013
FritoBandito wrote:
<quoted text>
"... deadly force...?" Like cops, Border Patrol Agents can use discretionary deadly force when warranted. If you're talking about mowing them down with machine guns, then you better expect the Mexican military to respond, creating a bloody border war of devastating consequences. Innocent people on the border would bare that brunt, not you, you clueless POS!
Likes always, you and your horde are in oblivion about the sensitive nature of the border and how we have treaties that forbid military action (ie. Treaty of Guadalupe), to avoid such destruction and mayhem that would cost many civilian lives on both sides. We couldn't expect a self hating POS like you to know that, since all you do hang out at some slummy South Bronx corner with your doper friends smoking the hoochie weed.
are you saying the Mexican military would stand a chance? Hahahahahahaha,you're the most delusional pos in history,my post speaks nothing but the truth about what needs to be done.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#17 Jan 13, 2013
allornothing wrote:
you need to update my friend..that laws that let people apply don't really work anymore,making people wait for over 10 years if accepted...those laws worked well decades ago ,but now there;s a huge backlog and that's why We got to this mess now...<quoted text>
What makes you think that we need more immigrants, legal or illegal?
FritoBandito

San Diego, CA

#18 Jan 13, 2013
Nym8387 wrote:
<quoted text>are you saying the Mexican military would stand a chance? Hahahahahahaha,you're the most delusional pos in history,my post speaks nothing but the truth about what needs to be done.
Thanks to the US and other super powers, the Mexican military is very well equipped. You wouldn't know that, because you're too stupid and misinformed. You're only good at hanging out at some slummy corner in the South Bronx, smoking and doing drugs with your loser friends.

Maybe nuking the South Bronx might not be a bad idea.
Nym8387

Lawrence, MA

#19 Jan 13, 2013
FritoBandito wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks to the US and other super powers, the Mexican military is very well equipped. You wouldn't know that, because you're too stupid and misinformed. You're only good at hanging out at some slummy corner in the South Bronx, smoking and doing drugs with your loser friends.
Maybe nuking the South Bronx might not be a bad idea.
frito you're a stupidly funny old man,Mexico would be on its knees in an hour if they would to ever step out of line with this country,everything you say is a lie and off topic.
drinK the HiVe

New York, NY

#20 Jan 13, 2013
Mexican Burrito' Taste Good - But No One Knows What's Inside...

http://funny4me.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/1...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min Demoscum 287,442
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min nanoanomaly 1,581,824
News Dear Trump Voters: The 1950's Aren't Coming Back 17 min Katrina 1,415
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... (Nov '16) 1 hr Just Think 8,647
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Chicagoan by Birth 242,540
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 9 hr Galt 37,271
News Poll: Job approval for Congress at record low (Aug '11) 9 hr Civil Suit 118
More from around the web